(Topic ID: 299048)

WOZ Topper is pretty weak, anyone have a favorite they found?

By Timberhusk

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by etien
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7BBA852A-3286-4ACB-B98D-74BA8335BA38 (resized).jpeg
F5FF1D7D-CE84-4440-9984-EF0799DCAAAB (resized).jpeg
20210823_164900 (resized).jpg
0307211247 (resized).jpg
2021-08-21 15.09.37 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I just purchased a WOZ and love it. But the The plastic wizard head with fire cauldrons on each side is pretty weak, almost invisible in my environment. I looked around and there are allot of MODS (which if I don't have them already, I will be getting them). But I haven't seen much in the way of topper Mods. Has anyone found a topper they really like?

2021-08-21 15.09.37 (resized).jpg2021-08-21 15.09.37 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

I've been toying around with a replacement. I don't know if I've publicly shared any photos but if you want to see I'd be interested to get some feedback from someone who is interested in a replacement.

Otherwise I know of no replacement options

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I've been toying around with a replacement. I don't know if I've publicly shared any photos but if you want to see I'd be interested to get some feedback from someone who is interested in a replacement.

I would be interested in providing feedback. Please PM me.

#4 2 years ago

I just put the lineup of the 8 Funko Movies The Wizard Of Oz: Wacky Wobbler Bobblehead as a topper illuminated with the old topper lighting. Looks fun.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yes, I would like to provide feedback. I just got some of your MOD's for OZ and TAF, I love them both. I can't wait to see what you are working on.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

I just put the lineup of the 8 Funko Movies The Wizard Of Oz: Wacky Wobbler Bobblehead as a topper illuminated with the old topper lighting. Looks fun.

Throw up some pictures!

#7 2 years ago

Since several people inquired I'll just post it here. This is a concept, cobbled together so ignore the dust and alignment of the pieces, etc. It's just a visual I put together to decide if I liked it, dimensions, etc. Also, that beam in my ceiling is quite low.. this is about the same height as the original topper.

The original concept was to integrate it with the actual throne room functionality. So, normally it would have a minimal amount of lighting and motion. It would mimic the throne room head functionality (blinking when ready, etc) and would go all crazy when the ball entered the throne room. This was to work in conjunction with our throne room mod which is being launched very soon. There is a strip of lighting in front of the whole thing which is RGB and controlled with a remote so you can choose colors and brightness. The flame pots have their own lighting, as you can see, the columns are lit from the bottom and the head has a ring of LEDs behind it. I haven't balanced out the brightness or fine tuned it at all, this was the first round of programming. The cardboard cutout photo was the basic outline of the background plastic.

The last piece I was working on was a printed plastic that would be a background for the whole thing and tie it all together visually. It would basically be the vertical curtains behind the throne in the movie. This is where I left off with the mod, wanting to get the actual throne room mod done first so I could see if the topper integration would be worth the time. It's all mounted on a thick base which would attach to the original mounting points on the game and it's plug and play with the original topper power connector.

Would love to hear any feedback. It's quite a bit of time to produce the whole thing so

Topper:

Here's a preview of the TR mod.

Here is a thread I started if you want to be notified when the Throne Room mod is available. I don't think I started anything for the topper since I hadn't decided if we were going to make it or not.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-enhanced-interactive-throne-room-by-pmc

20210823_164900 (resized).jpg20210823_164900 (resized).jpg0307211247 (resized).jpg0307211247 (resized).jpg
#8 2 years ago

I like it allot! Great job on making it interactive and carrying over the theme from your Throne Room mod! Put me down as first one on the list

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Timberhusk:

Throw up some pictures!

As promised

7BBA852A-3286-4ACB-B98D-74BA8335BA38 (resized).jpeg7BBA852A-3286-4ACB-B98D-74BA8335BA38 (resized).jpegF5FF1D7D-CE84-4440-9984-EF0799DCAAAB (resized).jpegF5FF1D7D-CE84-4440-9984-EF0799DCAAAB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-topper-is-pretty-weak-anyone-have-a-favorite-they-found and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.