Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
WOZtopper.jpg
image.jpg
SAM_1235.JPG
cryptkeeper.gif
catbag2.jpg
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 11 years ago

Copy, no changing, how did I keep missing that? I guess because I have the TFTC topper in my mind now. I am not a big topper fan but that may be one I consider.

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

As for the toppers, they both look great and it would be hard to choose which one I would want. I know their not for everybody but you could not satisfy some folks if you had to connect the topper to a propane tank and had real flames shooting out the thing.

I originally designed one with real flames...but for some reason was told no

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I originally designed one with real flames...but for some reason was told no

Ugh!
Where is the interactive nature of this topper? It was advertised as a selling point of the LE.
Is there changing lights tied into the gameplay?

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

DCFan, I'm not certain but I think he means that he wishes he could have seen the reaction of the people in the room when Jack showed his work for the first time.

Exactly... When I made it nobody else had seen it but Matt and I. I shipped it off to Jersey as a surprise for their meeting. Now to see public reveal.. That would have been cool.

#155 11 years ago

Beautiful job Matt! My ceiling thanks you for reconsidering.

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ugh!
Where is the interactive nature of this topper? It was advertised as a selling point of the LE.

Maybe they needed to save the money to mount a real emerald (or ruby) onto the playfield?

I'm still hoping for some surprises to set the LE apart more ... a "must have" WOW factor ...

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ugh!

All things in due time. I have no idea what the bossman has told everyone at the moment on the topper so I can't say anything at the moment. I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear but I can't. Hang in there all will be revealed soon.

#158 11 years ago

All things in due time. I have no idea what the bossman has told everyone at the moment on the topper so I can't say anything at the moment. I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear but I can't. Hang in there all will be revealed soon.

Thanks Matt. I just think the giving of partial details by Jack (not you or Joe) is frustrating a lot of people including myself.

#159 11 years ago

Well, I'm not a big topper fan but I think it looks really cool......but if you really don't like it maybe you can pull one of those Stern "tournament" toppers off and put it on Woz

#160 11 years ago

Matt, you did a great job as usual! And I can picture something similar with the Woz slot machine bank and its topper

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Beautiful job Matt! My ceiling thanks you for reconsidering.

LOL I really wanted to do it. I know some pyrotechnics and really wanted to make at least one game with real flames on it shooting up. But the more I kept going on about it at the office to the guys the more they realized I was serious and out of my mind...what can I say it would be cool.
Practical no but cool.

#162 11 years ago

Can you imagine a WOZ with two smoke and real fireball generators on either side of a holographic Wizard as he speaks to you? "I am the great and powerful Oz... who are YOU?"

#163 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Exactly... When I made it nobody else had seen it but Matt and I. I shipped it off to Jersey as a surprise for their meeting. Now to see public reveal.. That would have been cool.

I was there when they unboxed it. My jaw hit the floor. It is stunning. Pictures really don't do it justice!

#164 11 years ago

LOL I really wanted to do it. I know some pyrotechnics and really wanted to make at least one game with real flames on it shooting up. But the more I kept going on about it at the office to the guys the more they realized I was serious and out of my mind...what can I say it would be cool.
Practical no but cool.

LOL.. With that topper, lets just hope the machine isn't in the next bar that Great White plays..

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I was there when they unboxed it. My jaw hit the floor. It is stunning. Pictures really don't do it justice!

That's awesome....can't wait...

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have a deposit down on the new nsx. Well before it was ever shown publicly. First showing? At an auto show. Not to me who already has a huge deposit down on it.
That's normal to release product details at a trade show. It's been that way since the worlds fair in 1939.

Substantial difference, I think. They are still trying to sell nsx's. All the toppers are spoken and paid for. Maybe Jack just doesn't get it or I'm just really cranky for waiting so long but I don't get why he wouldn't release the photos and information first to the pre-order customers. I feel snubbed and I'm taking my toys away and going home. LOL. By the way, I think this topper looks quite nice and enhances the WoZ theme better than the Emerald City topper did.

#167 11 years ago

All you need is a bong and you can make smoke puffs all night long.

#168 11 years ago

Anyone know if Jack's seminar was recorded by anyone?

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think both this new topper and the original standard one are nice, a few of the comments about them seem very harsh for something that is essentially a bonus "extra" add-on to the game. In my opinion they both tie in with elements of the game and have a kind of understated, classic look. I can't really see why every element of the game has to be fully complex with moving parts, etc.

How is it a bonus "extra" if it has been one of the advertised selling points of the game since the beginning? Should we have looked at the list of features and thought "nah, that's way too ambitious, never gonna happen" in the beginning rather than looking forward to an interactive topper for the past two years? I'll admit my hope had faded, but it's still disappointing to have the final nail driven into it.

#170 11 years ago

it looks ok, but i'm not sorry I didn't get an le.. I almost traded up... I'll stick with the regular..
; )

#171 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

How is it a bonus "extra" if it has been one of the advertised selling points of the game since the beginning? Should we have looked at the list of features and thought "nah, that's way too ambitious, never gonna happen" in the beginning rather than looking forward to an interactive topper for the past two years? I'll admit my hope had faded, but it's still disappointing to have the final nail driven into it.

The "final nail" will be when the first official game is received and we see what was actually delivered. Maybe we haven't seen the complete final topper in action yet? If we still haven't seen the real/final LE topper then great - but I agree with DCFAN that it has been really frustrating along this "journey" for jack to frequently give partial or misleading information. I don't think it's rewarding to have so much frustration.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I think the laser etched toppers are lame for the most part. They look like some cheap Chinese toy from the dollar store...just my opinion of course...also the Pintucky ones look like some airbrushed crap that a street performer makes...

If I got WoZ I'd rather have no topper than these laser ones..

I'm getting Hobbit so I hope he makes something nicer..

Sorry for being harsh, but I am aloud to speak my mind too

The 1st thing I'll do when I get my Woz is remove the topper.

Looks cheap.

#173 11 years ago

I'm just going to spray paint a Tee'd Off gopher grey, slap some red tipped wings and a fez with matching vest on it- and call it a day.

Flying gophermonkey under glass, dancing to "I'm Alright" while playing WOZ... Priceless!

#174 11 years ago

Toppers are so overated. The only topper I ever liked was the fan on whirlwind. An interactive topper would just be a distraction, like shakers. The only shaker I ever liked was on Earthquake. No need for shakers and toppers in 99% of games.
Edit: I mean Earthshaker

#175 11 years ago

I know it's probably just my own OCD or something lol, but looking at the cauldrons in the topper .. they don't look symmetrical do they? That is, looking at the cauldron on the left ... the right side of the cauldron is shorter than the left side (and vice versa for the cauldron on the right.) Clearly hand drawn?

#176 11 years ago

Looks awesome! I can see JJP doing some cool things with the topper. Imagine hitting certain areas of the playfield that light up only certain portions of the topper. I could also see the cauldrons being integrated with special sound effects during gameplay and in attract mode.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from Dockman:

Toppers are so overated. The only topper I ever liked was the fan on Whirlwind. An interactive topper would just be a distraction, like shakers. The only shaker I ever liked was on Earthquake. No need for shakers and toppers in 99% of games.

There are some great toppers out there though...ie Fishtales, Whirlwhind, Whitewater, Addam's Family...

Also the shaker in TFTC is great and fits well, also works well for Ironman too...

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks awesome! I can see JJP doing some cool things with the topper. Imagine hitting certain areas of the playfield that light up only certain portions of the topper. I could also see the cauldrons being integrated with special sound effects during gameplay and in attract mode.

Laseriffic confirmed earlier in this thread that the lights are solid and do not change. So unless this is just a prototype and another surprise awaits, what you see is what you get.

#179 11 years ago

You can have my topper. I am hoping someone makes a molded 3D monkey. That would be enough for me.

#180 11 years ago

Let me just say that the leds that are in there are 3 separate strips put together, Orange Green and Orange. They might have a way to turn each strip on or off, I don't know for sure. I have also never seen up close how their mounting bracket works.. I am just stating the work I did not what this will do.

#181 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Let me just say that the leds that are in there are 3 separate strips put together, Orange Green and Orange. They might have a way to turn each strip on or off, I don't know for sure. I have also never seen up close how their mounting bracket works.. I am just stating the work I did not what this will do.

Understood. But clearly these aren't color changing RGB LED's and I'm also assuming there is no control mech for changing the brightness of the LED's ... so I think that pretty much means no "lighting effects" (no interactivity.) I think people should set their expectations lower if they were hoping for interactive.
It looks nice. Just not quite what I was hoping for.

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think people should set their expectations lower if they were hoping for interactive.

Well yeah, I'd say everyone was hoping for an interactive topper since it's been advertised as a feature of the ECLE from day one. It's one of the 3-4 things that set the ECLE apart from the normal WOZ as an incentive to preorder...

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You can have my topper. I am hoping someone makes a molded 3D monkey. That would be enough for me.

Thank you. Does that include shipping? Please pm me for my address.

#184 11 years ago

Knowing Jack it will do something great. Jmo

#185 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Knowing Jack it will do something great. Jmo

This was job #1, Since the whole machine has controlled LED lighting offering 256 billion or whatever color combinations, you know this topper will also include color changing LED's on the released version.

Until the release and newer code, there is nothing else to see here right now so run along....

#186 11 years ago

Until the release and newer code, there is nothing else to see here right now so run along....

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#187 11 years ago

Would you guys say that $7300 for a standard with shaker and invisiglass with free shipping / tax included is a good price? Not sure if sellers price includes tax and shipping.

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would you guys say that $7300 for a standard with shaker and invisiglass with free shipping / tax included is a good price? Not sure if sellers price includes tax and shipping.

If it includes shipping it's a good deal. Otherwise I've seen distributors offering $7200 with shaker and Invisiglass (no tax if you're out of state.) But on that offer you pay shipping.

#189 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Being in a legal related profession, I can state for fact that the phrase "capable of interacting" does not carry near as much weight as a phrase such as "does interact" or "interacts".

I'm curious to know what a "legal related profession" is. (BTW, a true legal professional wouldn't write things like "state for fact" or "near as much weight.")

#190 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'm curious to know what a "legal related profession" is. (BTW, a true legal professional wouldn't write things like "state for fact" or "near as much weight.")

It is not my position to write the final decisions that the courts or board writes but I do know very well how they look at things.

#191 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is not my position to write the final decisions that the courts or board writes but I do know very well how they look at things.

Still doesn't tell me what a "legal related profession" is. Anyone can read publically-available court opinions to see how they "look at things."

#192 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Still doesn't tell me what a "legal related profession" is. Anyone can read publically-available court opinions to see how they "look at things."

same area of interest as you but different job

#193 11 years ago

Man some of you guys are really into your toppers. I don't think some of you would be happy unless it shot flames into the air (as mentioned earlier), or maybe a hand comes out the coin door and gives you a hand job after you get the jackpot.

I could care less about toppers, but for what its worth i think they are both nice.

To those that are crying "how come i didnt get to see it first"..., man you guys need a girlfriend.., wife, kids, another hobby..., something..., your taking this way too seriously.

#194 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Man some of you guys are really into your toppers. I don't think some of you would be happy unless it shot flames into the air (as mentioned earlier), or maybe a hand comes out the coin door and gives you a hand job after you get the jackpot.
I could care less about toppers, but for what its worth i think they are both nice.
To those that are crying "how come i didnt get to see it first"..., man you guys need a girlfriend.., wife, kids, another hobby..., something..., your taking this way too seriously.

Amen

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

You buy a Cadillac ... you put money down a year in advance .. and you're not supposed to care about something on the outside of the car because it's not where you sit and drive? You pay for the high-end model (again, a year+ in advance) and you're not supposed to care that one of the features you were told you paid for in that top model is not (possibly) what it was advertised as (interactive)?
If you bought an LE and don't care about toppers then that's fine (if you even bought a WOZ). What about the title of this thread enticed you to come in here in the first place?? I see no reason to troll on people who do appreciate a unique topper and were hoping for more. Maybe you're the one who needs to get a life.

#196 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You buy a Cadillac ... you put money down a year in advance .. and you're not supposed to care about something on the outside of the car because it's not where you sit and drive? You pay for the high-end model (again, a year+ in advance) and you're not supposed to care that one of the features you were told you paid for in that top model is not what it was advertised as (interactive)?
If you bought an LE and don't care about toppers then good for you (what about the title of this thread enticed you to come in here in the first place??). I see no reason to troll on people who do enjoy a unique topper and were hoping for more. Maybe you're the one who needs to get a life.

+1

#197 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You buy a Cadillac ... you put money down a year in advance .. and you're not supposed to care about something on the outside of the car because it's not where you sit and drive? You pay for the high-end model (again, a year+ in advance) and you're not supposed to care that one of the features you were told you paid for in that top model is not (possibly) what it was advertised as (interactive)?
If you bought an LE and don't care about toppers then good for you (if you even bought a WOZ). What about the title of this thread enticed you to come in here in the first place?? I see no reason to troll on people who do appreciate a unique topper and were hoping for more. Maybe you're the one who needs to get a life.

Dude, relax, the final verdict isn't in yet with respect to the "interactive" nature. Quit whining!

#198 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

same area of interest as you but different job

I guarantee you this...DC knows what he is talking about Just sayin....

#199 11 years ago

Some frustration venting is all. Long wait for most, final product had a looooong time to get hyped up in our minds. Advertising as an interactive feature to the unit just made us wanting more.

I like the looks of the topper, but with the JY, TFTC, and Matt Mckree creations coming out or released, these acrylics don't look AS awesome.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

Let's have some fun! I'm frustrated to...so what, let's just buy more pins while we wait! No need for others to get panties in a wad, its all gonna work out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-topper-info-from-the-manual-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.