Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
WOZtopper.jpg
image.jpg
SAM_1235.JPG
cryptkeeper.gif
catbag2.jpg
There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

I just wanted to share some info as I am still getting lots of questions about the topper on WOZ and ECLEWOZ. YES both will have a topper. I still have 5 WOZ standars to sell with a special price of 7300 with Invisiglass and shaker motor. THere are no play differences. Thanks again for your support. I look forward to delivering many of these machines.

Buddy
276-883-2073 Office
276-219-4663 Cell
www.buddyspinball.com

#2 11 years ago

Too bad there aren't pics!

#3 11 years ago

I will have the camera tomorrow and new code also arrived. I update the pin and show the pics. The pin has now been moved to Action Amusements in Kingsport TN close to this weekends NASCAR race, everybody is welcome to drop by and play it free of charge. Call Travis at 423-817-0531 to make sure he is there and not out on route.

#4 11 years ago

So it looks like there are three toppers. Wonder who the 75th topper is for? Will it be with the ECLE?

#5 11 years ago

It sounds as though all versions of the topper will be laser etched plastics.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It sounds as though all versions of the topper will be laser etched plastics.

That's disappointing if so...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Devastating. Cancel my order!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I could see how it could be nice if the two ends have controlled LEDs for a flame effect with the center of the topper being a green wizard head.
Disclaimer: This is all speculation as I have not seen anything and my mind is just running wild based on the rumors that I have read.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I could see how it could be nice if the two ends have controlled LEDs for a flame effect with the center of the topper being a green wizard head.

True, but something mechanical would have been even better (or even a fan ala Whirlwind).

#10 11 years ago

I'm just hoping that it is an improvement over what we have seen so far. The current topper is OK in my eyes, but not as great as it should be.

#11 11 years ago

$7200 with the shaker, invisiglass and topper is certainly more than the competition offers for the price. And compared with putting out $6500 for the LE two years ago it looks even better considering that the only difference is the emerald rails/legs and mirror backglass.
However, I was expecting something better than a laser etched topper from all that Jack had said earlier. Hopefully he still has some more tricks up his sleeve for it. His keyword from earlier posts were "interactive".

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I just wanted to share some info as I am still getting lots of questions about the topper on WOZ and ECLEWOZ. YES both will have a topper. I still have 5 WOZ standars to sell with a special price of 7200 with Invisiglass and shaker motor. THere are no play differences. Thanks again for your support. I look forward to delivering many of these machines.
Buddy
276-883-2073 Office
276-219-4663 Cell
http://www.buddyspinball.com

What does it cost to ship to Evansville Indiana?

#13 11 years ago

Are they making a 75th anniversary edition table? Or just a special topper? Hmm....

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

$7200 with the shaker, invisiglass and topper is certainly more than the competition offers for the price. And compared with putting out $6500 for the LE two years ago it looks even better considering that the only difference is the emerald rails/legs and mirror backglass.
However, I was expecting something better than a laser etched topper from all that Jack had said earlier. Hopefully he still has some more tricks up his sleeve for it. His keyword from earlier posts were "interactive".

Mirrored backglass is on the standard as well.

-Brian

#15 11 years ago

I would think another possibility for 3 toppers would be one for the LE, one for the first 1000 "regular" edition WOZ's (which also have their own unique certificate on the apron topper), and then another version for all other "regular"version WOZ's.
OR ... the one out there now could strictly be for the prototypes? Just a tease?
Although .. I'm also disappointed if all 3 versions are just lasered etchings. The one out there now on display is so cheap looking (I was really disappointed when I saw it in person.) Does not fit with the quality of the rest of the machine.

#16 11 years ago

What was the last machine produced with a topper? One geared toward the game, not a tournament topper.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

What was the last machine produced with a topper? One geared toward the game, not a tournament topper.

South Park?

#18 11 years ago

Sorry about any confusion just wanted to let everyone especially the ones who have asked that both versions of the pins will have toppers. Some like toppers very much but others don't care, this was info was the for the ones who like them, if you do not like it you can always take it off..

Buddy
276-883-2073 Office
276-219-4663 Cell
http://www.buddyspinball.com

#19 11 years ago

Hmmm....looks like we have some topper buzz. Can't wait to see it!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm just hoping that it is an improvement over what we have seen so far. The current topper is OK in my eyes, but not as great as it should be.

It is a great improvement.. trust me.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

It is a great improvement.. trust me.

Trust you because you have seen it? Obviously you are a fan of the laser etched plastics, right?

#22 11 years ago

I will have the camera tomorrow and new code also arrived. I

Can't wait to see updated code!!

#23 11 years ago

CODE CODE CODE CODE

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Trust you because you have seen it? Obviously you are a fan of the laser etched plastics, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is the supplier. Just speculation on my part.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yes because I made them. I can't say anything else at this time.

#26 11 years ago

catbag2.jpgcatbag2.jpg

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

That's great! I love that Jack uses talent from the hobby.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Hmmm. Matt worked with Joe on the IM toppers.
Maybe Matt worked with Joe on the new WOZ toppers. The plot thickens.
I am very interested in seeing the final results. My guess is it will be awesome.

#29 11 years ago

I will have the camera tomorrow and new code also arrived.

Are there play modes in this new code ?

#30 11 years ago

Only on Pinside are frivolous 'toppers' considered so important to the quality of a pin. *sheesh*

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Only on Pinside are frivolous 'toppers' considered so important to the quality of a pin. *sheesh*

And yet here you are. *sheesh*

#32 11 years ago

Nice burn.

#33 11 years ago

Great news about the topper. I played a standard at Marvins the other day and if production standards come even with that topper I would be happy.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I can't imagine better news on the topper. Your work is consistently superb!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

This must of been what joe meant when he kept saying he was busy for the last 2 months with custom toppers for someone......ahhhhhh....now I get it

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This must of been what joe meant when he kept saying he was busy for the last 2 months with custom toppers for someone......ahhhhhh....now I get it

That is correct, it took me 13 days 15-18 hrs a day to complete the first batch. I am currently working on the 2nd one now. This is why I bought a second laser, so 1 runs them while the other is for other orders.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Very dissapointing.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#39 11 years ago

I'll reserve judgement until I see it ... but I am hoping for more than just another 1-piece static laser etching. If it were multiple pieces of plastic .. possibly moving/mechanical (or at least multiple pieces of plastic to simulate a 3-D type effect) with multiple colors and/or animation .. then I might get a little more excited. But I don't think I've ever seen a laser etching topper that was more than just 1 sheet (half inch thick?) of plastic with a laser etching on it?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But I don't think I've ever seen a laser etching topper that was more than just 1 sheet (half inch thick?) of plastic with a laser etching on it?

You have not seen the newer Laseriffic toppers then:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laseriffic-hulk-topper-complete-pics-video-shortly

#41 11 years ago

Laseriffic & Jersey Jack together...it's GOTTA be kick ass!

#42 11 years ago

He mentions in that thread that it took him a week to make 16 of those, though. So either the WOZ topper isn't as complex as the Hulk one, or he's gonna be busy for a loooong time!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'll reserve judgement until I see it ... but I am hoping for more than just another 1-piece static laser etching. If it were multiple pieces of plastic .. possibly moving/mechanical (or at least multiple pieces of plastic to simulate a 3-D type effect) with multiple colors and/or animation .. then I might get a little more excited. But I don't think I've ever seen a laser etching topper that was more than just 1 sheet (half inch thick?) of plastic with a laser etching on it?

or the INTERACTIVE Iron Man topper either. Haters gunna hate no matter what.

#44 11 years ago

lol, nope! I had not seen that .. but that is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for WOZ (LE). Multiple etched plastics and colors. That Hulk one looks awesome.
So Laseriffic ... without giving any details, would you yourself say (in your opinion) that the WOZ LE topper is better than, on par with, or slightly less than the Hulk topper?? (in your opinion.)

#45 11 years ago

The question should be...how MUCH better WILL it be than Hulk....

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

lol, nope! I had not seen that .. but that is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for WOZ (LE). Multiple etched plastics and colors. That Hulk one looks awesome.
So Laseriffic ... without giving any details, would you yourself say (in your opinion) that the WOZ LE topper is better than, on par with, or slightly less than the Hulk topper?? (in your opinion.)

Yes the Hulk topper is nice. I got one from the first batch and am very happy with it.
For the WOZECLE I still would like an "interactive" feature to the topper as was advertised by JJP, even if the interactive feature is light effects tied to the gameplay.

#47 11 years ago

It is a really cool topper.. but no comparison to Hulk. Hulk and IM designs are extreme and very difficult to build, I would realistically need 15 employees on 10 hr shifts with 90 days notice to do a 1000 of anything.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

It is a really cool topper.. but no comparison to Hulk. Hulk and IM designs are extreme and very difficult to build, I would realistically need 15 employees on 10 hr shifts with 90 days notice to do a 1000 of anything.

D'OH!! That's not what I wanted to hear at all, lol. You better plan on an "upgrade WOZ topper" offering then!! And while you're at it ... an upgraded wizard etching plastic for the playfield too! Something with more than the 1 color (green) and different lighting effects there!

And how much notice were you given for the JJP project?? Not even 90 days? They've only been working on this for 2+ years .. I hope they started thinking about the topper prior to 90 days ago (since they advertised an "interactive" topper 2 years ago, no?)

#49 11 years ago

P.S - Start working now on The Hobbit LE topper then!! I want something to blow all other toppers out of the water.

#50 11 years ago

Laseriffic cant win for trying. Soon he will be blamed for delays in shipping. He does great work, lets see what it looks like b4 passing judgement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 218 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-topper-info-from-the-manual-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.