Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kdk_1962.jpg
kdk_1961.jpg
kdk_1960.jpg
image.jpg
pinballmachine_nightmare_001.JPG
kdk_1921.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

okay it was unboxed and we put the game together - only had 6 leg bolts - did this happen to anybody else

anyway we tried and we think it's too heavy for the 2 of us to make it up the stairs - so i threw a blanket on it for now and we need more help.

thanks ed

kdk_1921.jpgkdk_1921.jpg

#4 10 years ago

we always carry them with the legs on - it's a safety feature as you can always put it down if something is going wrong. the upsetting part about this whole thing is i own a stair climber and it works great. i let somebody borrow it and it's been two years and he hasn't returned it. that's the sad part.

because i am a stubborn person with high principles, i will not drive to his house and get it. i was kind enough to let him borrow it - he can be kind enough to bring it back.

to be a stubborn old man sucks.

thanks ed

#26 10 years ago

i appreciate all the offers to help, and all the suggestions on how to get them up. we got it up - it just seemed to heavy for two people - so i waited for another son and it was easy with three - well not that easy.

when we built that garage we added the game room on the second floor. the theory was once it went up there it wasn't coming down. well that didn't work.

as far as leaving the legs on i find that the best way as you can stop and rest as you are walking up the stairs. with the legs on you just put it down and take a break.

the hardest things to get up there were the racing games and the skee ball game. if i ever sell either of them it's with the understanding the new owner has to figure out how to get them down.

when i was bringing the 2nd racing game up by myself with the stair climber it started going forward and i panicked. needless to say thank god for cell phones as i brought the game down (not down the stairs - but down so it stopped climbing - it's hard to explain) and there was no way i could stand it up myself. i had to hold it to keep it from going down by itself.

i was able to call for help on the cell phone and just waited a good hour or so. i am not complaining as i love my game room up there. i do have a winch at the top of the stairs - i have never used it - but my father installed one for me when he saw me bringing games up by myself.

next to head up there is metle - but something has to come down first.

need to find out how to update woz now - i can say people are right as it is too dark. thanks ed

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats Ed, I have 3 girls so zero help, I could put 15 pins in my 2nd floor game room but stopping at 4, garage renovation is the answer for me!
Give us a Woz play update!

i just played a few more games and i really like the game - but it's too dark so i just came down to the main house to get the update - i did find out it is 1.14 thanks to somebody who told me how to check it.

so i will update it to the 1.18 to see if that helps with the darkness.

as far as game play i am really liking it - it seems like everything was well thought out - i haven't scored anything great yet - when the monkey picks up the ball and drops it - it gets stuck

the first time i was waiting for another ball - or something to happen - then i realized it was stuck - so every time that happens i have to give a little shake.

the flipper up there seems a little big - i am loving the crystal ball and the speed of the game - i have the front levels almost at it's lowest setting - and the back ones where the screw just shows.

after this post i am going to try and update the code.

thanks ed

#51 10 years ago

yikes - that is a nightmare - i did that once when i bought a few machines - now when i inquire about machines i ask if they have stairs like that in their basements. if they say yes i pretty much explain to them it's too hard for me to get them out.

unless it's the old ones in which the heads come off.

we did those landings on purpose - sadly the town wanted to call them decks and tax me on decks.

it is a nice straight shot and it really isn't that bad with a normal machine.

thanks ed

#70 10 years ago

that is my garage - i used to have my basement in the house so full that if you were overweight you couldn't walk down there. in 2007 we built that garage and said let's do a game room above it.

it was the best thing we ever did. it's 1400 square feet and has two couches and a giant screen for watching movies and sports. it has central air and heat. the outside walls are pins and other games.

the reason it was the best thing we ever did is my mom lived out of state and she was an artist. sadly when she came to visit during one summer cancer was discovered - she lived up there and loved it for the next year.

the openness was an artist dream. i used to cook in the main house and bring food up there - she asked if we were ever going to put a kitchen in. in 2 days part of the outside wall became a kitchen. too see my mom and family everyday was great. to see her suffer from cancer is something i still can't talk about.

but my family was able to stay up there as it's as nice as a house. wherever there is open wall space my moms paintings are up there.

as you see the steps just think that with pins and the legs on you can take a break. when we had to carry my mom up and down there were no breaks. we have a gorgeous apartment in the main house that is separate from the rest of the house - no stairs - but mom would not hear it - still stayed up there until she passed - she loved it. she even used to play totan.

when she passed i had to sell the game even though it was my favorite - it was just too hard - when her friends would come to visit they would actually race each other on the racing games. in a short time i have so many great memories.

those stairs might look bad, but i go up them everyday and just thank the lord i can still get up them. my whole family loves it up there - so i can say if you are thinking about doing something like that - do it.

right now the kids (5 teenagers and adults who will never leave) fight about who can have there friends sleep over up there. my game time really goes down now because somebody is always up there.

i will snap some pictures when i get a chance and post them on here - some time on sunday - as right now we are getting ready for 5 hour drive for an antique car auction

sorry i forgot to answer the question - there is no other way in.

thanks ed

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Great story Ed. One of these days I will make it over there to your pinball palace. When you post pics, please post some pictures of your mother's art work as well...............I am a huge fan of the arts and would love to see her work.

tattoo dave came over the other day when i wasn't home and played woz for over an hour. he had driven to sarahs and said the game stunk. i called him yesterday to see how he liked it compared to the proto that sarah had.

he said he loved the game and there is no comparison between that and the proto that is at the pinball wizard place in new hampshire.

i am thinking of having some type of party on a saturday night for everybody who is local. it's just so hard as we are a family of 7, and something always seems to be going on.

last saturday i went to maine for the antique car auction - this sat is a family party at my house. there just always seems to be something going on.

my moms art work is just copies taken by a camera - she was hired by jackie robinsons widow to do work - she only took it up once she retired - i have one original here - all the others are being held for ransom by two people - one who is an art collector - and another the family doesn't talk to as he was my step father who abandoned my mom when she had cancer.

we were lucky to get one original from an art gallery where it was on loan for show - they did the right thing and gave it to a family member (my brother), before the scumbag could retrieve it. my brother has posted in the virgin islands trying to get her work - but nobody will part with it.

we are lucky as we get to see some of the originals she did for friends - there are a few in mass, and one here in rhode island. we took pictures and then had copies made - they actually came out pretty good.

i will snap a picture of the one original i have here and post it on this thread.

thanks ed

#85 10 years ago

nick here is the one original i have - i think she spelled hope in the clouds - sadly we can't ask her.

thanks ed

kdk_1960.jpgkdk_1960.jpg kdk_1961.jpgkdk_1961.jpg kdk_1962.jpgkdk_1962.jpg

#87 10 years ago

chad it's an old thread - there's another one with a picture of the game in the gameroom (i think it's titled pictures of the gameroom of woz too heavy) - it was just too heavy for 2 people. thanks for the offer

black hole was taken up in pieces - it was still heavy - but not like woz. black hole is getting moved to the other game room - which means i have to take it down those stairs - that is the one leaving for metle.

i will not get rid of black hole as i love it - it's just changing game rooms - or i might just move it into the bedroom up there - then i won't have to bring it down.

i had those fore arm things and did not like them when we were moving regular furniture.

yes sadly i have moved thousands of games - my collection used to be 109 games set up - that was no fun as there was no room to walk - and too many games would be broken from sitting too long.

i keep saying my goal is 25 - but these dam new games are too good. but i have parted with a lot i never thought i would. the last one to go that i thought would never leave is ek.

i even offered 8 ball deluxe to somebody this week - so some of my old classics are starting to go as i don't want to get up to too many games again. besides money doesn't come off the trees as i am as broke as the next person.

thanks ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-too-heavy-for-me-and-my-son-to-get-in-the-gameroom-see-pictures?tu=edcianci and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.