Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kdk_1962.jpg
kdk_1961.jpg
kdk_1960.jpg
image.jpg
pinballmachine_nightmare_001.JPG
kdk_1921.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

okay it was unboxed and we put the game together - only had 6 leg bolts - did this happen to anybody else

anyway we tried and we think it's too heavy for the 2 of us to make it up the stairs - so i threw a blanket on it for now and we need more help.

thanks ed

kdk_1921.jpgkdk_1921.jpg

#2 10 years ago

You need to take the legs off and strap it to a dolly and bump it up.
No way I would try it with the legs on like that.

#3 10 years ago

You need to rebox it and send it back for a refund. Then go buy a nice lightweight home model pinball like a Fireball. Those are easy to pack up the stairs!

#4 10 years ago

we always carry them with the legs on - it's a safety feature as you can always put it down if something is going wrong. the upsetting part about this whole thing is i own a stair climber and it works great. i let somebody borrow it and it's been two years and he hasn't returned it. that's the sad part.

because i am a stubborn person with high principles, i will not drive to his house and get it. i was kind enough to let him borrow it - he can be kind enough to bring it back.

to be a stubborn old man sucks.

thanks ed

#5 10 years ago

1. take legs off
2. bungee the cardboard to the bottom going both directions (will slide easier than wood on wood contact)
3. Buy a $20 winch from Menards, bolt it to the top of that wooden deck

#6 10 years ago

Hand truck without the legs on the game is the way to go (with strapping to the hand truck). Also, you could easily take weight off by removing the backbox and/or playfield.
You can stop on each stair if you need a rest.

#7 10 years ago

Email me at [email protected], name, address, city, state, phone number. And I'll open a ticket and get them to send you a couple leg bolts.

Ummm............... will those stairs support a heavy pin and people moving it up there ?

LTG : )

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

the upsetting part about this whole thing is i own a stair climber and it works great. i let somebody borrow it and it's been two years and he hasn't returned it. that's the sad part.

because i am a stubborn person with high principles, i will not drive to his house and get it. i was kind enough to let him borrow it - he can be kind enough to bring it back.

High principles and a WOZ at the bottom of a stairs.

Call the guy and go and pick it up. Has nothing to do with your principles and everything to do with his, especially if you call and he doesn't immediately return it.

Him not living up to returning something he borrowed has nothing to do with your principles. You let somebody borrow an expensive machine for 2 years, you proved you are a nice guy already.

#9 10 years ago

I would call him and tell him to bring himself and the cart ASAP to get that thing up there. Thenplug the machine in, let him see it and not let him play.

#10 10 years ago

If I were a teeny bit closer, I would be on the way

#11 10 years ago

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it's not a safety feature when you are moving them up and down stairs. With the legs on, up or down stairs is a disaster waiting to happen.

Head padded and strapped to the cabinet.

Legs off, and entire game ratchet-strapped to a heavy duty dolly with preferably solid tires (not pneumatic).

One guy above, pulling up and back and one guy below providing lift, and push-back against the steps, also keeping the bottom edge of the cabinet from slipping off of the dolly's foot.

Let the dolly take the weight, with the wheel hugging the step and stopping at every step, so you can rest easily at will.

I moved 9 machines in one day with me and one guy up a long flight of steps. It's the only way I feel safe doing it. That's my opinion.

RussMyers

Quoted from edcianci:

we always carry them with the legs on - it's a safety feature as you can always put it down if something is going wrong. the upsetting part about this whole thing is i own a stair climber and it works great.

#12 10 years ago

Elephant in the room sorta question:
Since the WoZ playfield is removed from the game so easily (from what i remember reading yeeeeeeears ago), why not just do this and transport the game up that way? With the playfield and the glass removed it should feel like a little baby game?

#13 10 years ago

Dude!! Look at those stairs. Get lots of help and yeah, take the legs and head off and if it comes out the playfield.
Personally I would either swap my dining / game room or move : o

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

we always carry them with the legs on - it's a safety feature as you can always put it down if something is going wrong. the upsetting part about this whole thing is i own a stair climber and it works great. i let somebody borrow it and it's been two years and he hasn't returned it. that's the sad part.
thanks ed

Time to overlook the stubbornness...anything to get that WOZ in action.

#15 10 years ago

That is why I now have a mini split a/c in my garage and getting it set up for game room #2!

Yep, Russmyers is right, heavy duty dolly the safest, step by step, assuming the weight won't crush those stairs, it shouldn't! GL

#16 10 years ago

Call your buddy and tell him you've got a WoZ you need help moving, and to bring the star limber with him.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I moved 9 machines in one day with me and one guy up a long flight of steps. It's the only way I feel safe doing it. That's my opinion.

Russ dont forget about the other time we moved them all up during the Hurricane..ughhh

Only way I would do it is with a Hand Truck, WoZ is too heavy to be carrying...do what Russ is saying its safe and easy for two people.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

Russ dont forget about the other time we moved them all up during the Hurricane..ughhh
Only way I would do it is with a Hand Truck, WoZ is too heavy to be carrying...do what Russ is saying its safe and easy for two people.

Oh, I remember. We moved them all and I had 1" of water in the far corner of the basement.

Of course, if we hadn't moved them it would have been 4 feet of water.

What can you do?

RM

#19 10 years ago

Hi Ed, I just saw your post. I'm the guy that sold you the Tron last year. Anyways, I'm at work today in Lincoln, RI which is pretty close to your house. I'm probably gonna leave in about 1/2 hour. I can help move the WOZ if you are still looking for help.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

okay it was unboxed and we put the game together - only had 6 leg bolts - did this happen to anybody else
anyway we tried and we think it's too heavy for the 2 of us to make it up the stairs - so i threw a blanket on it for now and we need more help.
thanks ed

Pm sent let me know if you need a hand.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ummm............... will those stairs support a heavy pin and people moving it up there ?

+1.....Any rental places near you.All terrian forklift and remove some top railing

#22 10 years ago

Sounds like he got it up there.

Those stairs are are not for the faint of heart. Getting my Creech down them last year was definatley a 3 man job, 2 people to actually lift and carry it and the third to stand behind the bottom guy to keep him from falling backwards.

Congrats on the new game Ed!

#23 10 years ago

carrying a game up stairs with the legs on has to be the absolute hardest way to do it..... Fold up the backbox into the game with cardboard in between, take the legs OFF and dolly it up. It's much easier, smarter, safer....

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it's not a safety feature when you are moving them up and down stairs. With the legs on, up or down stairs is a disaster waiting to happen.
Head padded and strapped to the cabinet.
Legs off, and entire game ratchet-strapped to a heavy duty dolly with preferably solid tires (not pneumatic).
One guy above, pulling up and back and one guy below providing lift, and push-back against the steps, also keeping the bottom edge of the cabinet from slipping off of the dolly's foot.
Let the dolly take the weight, with the wheel hugging the step and stopping at every step, so you can rest easily at will.
RussMyers

Agreed. Moving a pin up stairs with the legs on can only result in problems. You will get tired and the feet will hook on the steps. Than you will not be able to lift the pin high enough to clear the steps and you will get stuck in the middle.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

bring the star limber

Not the star limber.

I'm sending the Wolf.

#26 10 years ago

i appreciate all the offers to help, and all the suggestions on how to get them up. we got it up - it just seemed to heavy for two people - so i waited for another son and it was easy with three - well not that easy.

when we built that garage we added the game room on the second floor. the theory was once it went up there it wasn't coming down. well that didn't work.

as far as leaving the legs on i find that the best way as you can stop and rest as you are walking up the stairs. with the legs on you just put it down and take a break.

the hardest things to get up there were the racing games and the skee ball game. if i ever sell either of them it's with the understanding the new owner has to figure out how to get them down.

when i was bringing the 2nd racing game up by myself with the stair climber it started going forward and i panicked. needless to say thank god for cell phones as i brought the game down (not down the stairs - but down so it stopped climbing - it's hard to explain) and there was no way i could stand it up myself. i had to hold it to keep it from going down by itself.

i was able to call for help on the cell phone and just waited a good hour or so. i am not complaining as i love my game room up there. i do have a winch at the top of the stairs - i have never used it - but my father installed one for me when he saw me bringing games up by myself.

next to head up there is metle - but something has to come down first.

need to find out how to update woz now - i can say people are right as it is too dark. thanks ed

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i was kind enough to let him borrow it - he can be kind enough to bring it back.
thanks ed

#28 10 years ago

Hellooooo, Dolly!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

we got it up - it just seemed to heavy for two people - so i waited for another son

You waited 9 months?

What would have happened if it was a girl?

Haha

rd.

#30 10 years ago

LMFAO your high principals have given away a stair climber to someone who has likely wore it out already , nice job !!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You waited 9 months?
What would have happened if it was a girl?
Haha
rd.

LOL! didn't think about it that way !

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL! didn't think about it that way !

I often see a joke when there isn't one ...

rd.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

High principles and a WOZ at the bottom of a stairs.
Call the guy and go and pick it up. Has nothing to do with your principles and everything to do with his, especially if you call and he doesn't immediately return it.
Him not living up to returning something he borrowed has nothing to do with your principles. You let somebody borrow an expensive machine for 2 years, you proved you are a nice guy already.

and after 2 years I'll bet he has never recharged the battery and now it won't hold a charge.

#34 10 years ago

I demand inside-set-up pics!

#35 10 years ago

Dedication, Boys & their Toys, nice work Lads

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i appreciate all the offers to help, and all the suggestions on how to get them up. we got it up - it just seemed to heavy for two people - so i waited for another son and it was easy with three - well not that easy.
when we built that garage we added the game room on the second floor. the theory was once it went up there it wasn't coming down. well that didn't work.
as far as leaving the legs on i find that the best way as you can stop and rest as you are walking up the stairs. with the legs on you just put it down and take a break.
the hardest things to get up there were the racing games and the skee ball game. if i ever sell either of them it's with the understanding the new owner has to figure out how to get them down.
when i was bringing the 2nd racing game up by myself with the stair climber it started going forward and i panicked. needless to say thank god for cell phones as i brought the game down (not down the stairs - but down so it stopped climbing - it's hard to explain) and there was no way i could stand it up myself. i had to hold it to keep it from going down by itself.
i was able to call for help on the cell phone and just waited a good hour or so. i am not complaining as i love my game room up there. i do have a winch at the top of the stairs - i have never used it - but my father installed one for me when he saw me bringing games up by myself.
next to head up there is metle - but something has to come down first.
need to find out how to update woz now - i can say people are right as it is too dark. thanks ed

Updating is very simple. Download takes some time but is really easy and the JJP walk through was spot on. I'm not computer literate in the least and had no issues with the upload.

#37 10 years ago

I'm happy to here it worked out for you.I used to have my pins in an outbuilding.On the second story.With short steep steps.I custom built a "sled".And as others have said mounted a boat winch to a bench.It worked but man I moved them out a few years ago and into the main house.Getting too old for that.The retirement house IS going to be one story for sure.

#38 10 years ago

Congrats Ed, I have 3 girls so zero help, I could put 15 pins in my 2nd floor game room but stopping at 4, garage renovation is the answer for me!

Give us a Woz play update!

#39 10 years ago

At least you got it up there.........now how do you get it down!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats Ed, I have 3 girls so zero help, I could put 15 pins in my 2nd floor game room but stopping at 4, garage renovation is the answer for me!

i just played a few more games and i really like the game - but it's too dark so i just came down to the main house to get the update - i did find out it is 1.14 thanks to somebody who told me how to check it.

so i will update it to the 1.18 to see if that helps with the darkness.

as far as game play i am really liking it - it seems like everything was well thought out - i haven't scored anything great yet - when the monkey picks up the ball and drops it - it gets stuck

the first time i was waiting for another ball - or something to happen - then i realized it was stuck - so every time that happens i have to give a little shake.

the flipper up there seems a little big - i am loving the crystal ball and the speed of the game - i have the front levels almost at it's lowest setting - and the back ones where the screw just shows.

after this post i am going to try and update the code.

thanks ed

#41 10 years ago

Start feeding the kid steak, eggs and milk. Come back in 2 years after training for a decathelon and just throw it on your back and walk it up.

I guess option B buy a 12 pack of your buddies favorite beer. Get said buddy to help and then once setup you drink 6 he drinks 6 and you play some pinball.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have 1 girl and she has helped me from day one. At 8 years old she was on the top of the ladder helping me put trusses on top of the walls for our new game room. She is now 21 years old plays lacrosse for U Conn and is one of the best carpenters I know of. So dont ever say girls are zero help. Without them we would not be here.

#43 10 years ago

Congrats on the new WOZ and to getting it up there!!!!

#44 10 years ago

Time to invest in a used fork lift or sissors style lift.... Pronto.... Bad Back and or Chiropractor's ... No thanks.

Glad you go it up those stairs.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have 1 girl and she has helped me from day one. At 8 years old she was on the top of the ladder helping me put trusses on top of the walls for our new game room. She is now 21 years old plays lacrosse for U Conn and is one of the best carpenters I know of. So dont ever say girls are zero help. Without them we would not be here.

Yep my girls helped me move mine from the car to the office/game room, wife, 15 and 11 year old up the light end me at the other got the job done, loads of bitching and moaning though but the girls just stopped listening to me in the end

Glad you got the WoZ up the stairs safe and sound, tip take the blanket off the top and it won't be so dark. Joking.

#46 10 years ago

Gravity, it works.

I would have moved it in the box for added protection.

#47 10 years ago

lol_implied said "Yep my girls helped me move mine from the car to the office/game room, wife, 15 and 11 year old up the light end me at the other got the job done.

Cool that you have a 15 year old wife but your second wife being only 11 is just a little creepy.LOL

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

lol_implied said "Yep my girls helped me move mine from the car to the office/game room, wife, 15 and 11 year old up the light end me at the other got the job done.
Cool that you have a 15 year old wife but your second wife being only 11 is just a little creepy.LOL

Yeah, you have to watch them Aussies. His 15 and 11 year old wives are probably his cousins too.

More jokes! This is gold.

rd.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, you have to watch them Aussies. His 15 and 11 year old wives are probably his cousins too.
More jokes! This is gold.
rd.

Can't seem to be able to get NZ to appear after Wellington although it is in my profile, maybe get one of my wives to look at it, kids are better with technology eh especially with six fingers on each hand. Lol

OPs pin did make it up to the top set of stairs eh (on topic)

Post edited by lol_implied : Worked it out

#50 10 years ago

all them landings and a strait shot plus you have help? you have it so easy, ill trade you stair cases any day of the week- and i might trade machines too- sweet woz! have fun

pinballmachine_nightmare_001.JPGpinballmachine_nightmare_001.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-too-heavy-for-me-and-my-son-to-get-in-the-gameroom-see-pictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.