YB.jpeg
WP.jpeg
images.jpeg
RGB.jpg
img.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
17.jpg
16.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 13 years ago

Interesting that they are focusing more on the dark side and especially on the witch and castle!! It will not be all cutesy and lollipops. Must admit, even though I do not like the theme, this game is tempting me again, especially the pre-order price. Will there be a castle in the game, similar to MM?????

How many days to pre-order close and will there be more info released??

Not keen on the music ( 42 mins ) .......they can do better than that!!

#2 13 years ago

I dig the music, not bad for when the ball is just sitting in the shooter lane. Out of my games I think LOTR has the best music and varying moods of music - they did that game right - even the music after the game and match sequence is great.

look foward to playing one of these!!!

#3 13 years ago

I think it is gonna be a great game. I can't wait to see more. I bet the music will pull the art and toys all together. It is too hard to judge music alone.

#4 13 years ago

Newest email from JJ today shows a pic of a toy from the game. Then the words "Dorothy's house pre-twister". Which instantly makes me think MM castle style on the house. This could be AWESOME along with the rumored witch toy.

16.jpg16.jpg 17.jpg17.jpg

#5 13 years ago

Very interesting, great to have an update, even though it was a little vague. I can't wait to see this game finished and wish I could afford one.

Only four hundred pre ordered, I thought there would be more takers on it?

I saw Wicked a couple of years ago, and it did make me see/think about the wizard of oz in a different light, so making the theme darker does appeal more to me than the cute side, bring on the flying monkeys, hope they're included somewhere within.

#6 13 years ago

Nice to see that on top of the full schematics/layouts some of us have. Is that Aunty Em showering naked in the one window ... LOL

JJ is such a tease...

#7 13 years ago

Just not getting the "cool factor" from the house toy. Must be missing something.

#8 13 years ago

I think that house should flip inside out and spin around with the walls and roof flung off somehow to the far corners of the playfield and then reassemble itself in the blink of an eye after the tornado multiball has finished.

#9 13 years ago

I remember as a kid seeing it for the first time,
the twister and the mean lady on a bike turning into a witch - scary

and then the turn to color after the landing.....1938?

#11 13 years ago

Is that Aunty Em showering naked in the one window ... LOL

Yeah, and her boobs are visible from the basement window...

#12 13 years ago

Ya I guess were gonna have to use the wait n see approach but that house doesnt look like it belongs on a Pin. Maybe a girls doll house.

#13 13 years ago

I get what your saying about the house now. It's the pre-twister that intrigues me.

#14 13 years ago

Does that mean it's gonna get blown away?

#15 13 years ago

I just wish there was more information as I am hovering on the edge of a pre-order but cannot hit the buy button yet. Very tempting as it is only $1000 above a Stern LE and it should knock those out of the park!

#16 13 years ago

Very tempting as it is only $1000 above a Stern LE and it should knock those out of the park!

Sounds like you already answered your own question Simon! I put my order in two weeks ago and I was already into the high 600's.
It is not $1000 above. It is the same $6500 that Stern loves to charge. That is... if you get your Pre-Order in soon.

#17 13 years ago

I think they are alluding to the fact that the house will break apart or land on the witch something with the Pre Twister statement - on RGP there is more about the mock up - its just a mock up for probably size etc.

#18 13 years ago

So is 15th May last date for the pre-order?

And is August 1, the last date that it is possible to pull out and have monies refunded?

And does anyone have any scans of the play field?

#19 13 years ago

And does anyone have any scans of the play field? []

Sorry folks ... like I said I can't share them. We were asked nicely to remove the one post that had a small corner of it a member posted. Maybe if Robin owes you a HUGE favor you can get them from him. This isn't Pinileaks

#20 13 years ago

Ok, that makes sense. I can ask you if they excite you and would they make you pre-order if you had not already done so??

#21 13 years ago

I pre-ordered before I saw them. It's gonna be a unique machine. I have some of the preliminary source code but that is subject to change. I also believe they may still make some minor changes to the playfield and "toys" as needed.

I'm sure Jack is more than happy we aren't stealing his secrets and divulging them before he decides. I want him to respect Pinside for it's support of the hobby and devotion to integrity.

#22 13 years ago

I pre-ordered before I saw them. It's gonna be a unique machine. I have some of the preliminary source code but that is subject to change. I also believe they may still make some minor changes to the playfield and "toys" as needed.

I'm sure Jack is more than happy we aren't stealing his secrets and divulging them before he decides. I want him to respect Pinside for it's support of the hobby and devotion to integrity.

Agree with you and also believe it will be a unique machine......the excitement is slowly building

#23 13 years ago

Pre order------------------------------check
Excitement,Off The Charts-----------check
Early indications are that this WOZ Limited Edition,1000 Machines are the SH*T
Call and talk to Jack at the #'s listed on his websites,Nice guy,Straight shooter,Seems to be businessman of the year.
Who else has a payment plan?With the option of backing out with a full refund.
I am not on Jacks payroll,or his brother.

#24 13 years ago

I also like the rumour of non reflective glass and similar to Addams gold which means the first 1000 may be gold trim, I guess. All rumours but the story is continuing to build.

#26 13 years ago

I can ask you if they excite you and would they make you pre-order if you had not already done so??

Like BD, I had already pre-ordered before I saw the leaked playfield layout. Once I saw it, however, it only served to solidify the fact that I had made the right decision in putting down a deposit. It's going to be a really cool game!

#27 13 years ago

Man!!! It is only APRIL too!
Must...HAVE....NOOOOOWWW!

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#28 13 years ago

I think it will be a great game, I'm in. but I'm sure there will be people who will hate it....and I'm sure there are some who hate it already.

#29 13 years ago

Well, when we start hearing about special clubs you have to pre-order to belong to yah, some people will begin to hate it

The fact of the matter is you can't please everyone. There is going to be a portion of people (hopefully small) that won't like the game. Not everyone loves TZ, or MM, or MB, to each their own.

To put down money on a game you know nothing about seems a bit crazy. Even if the price jumps $1K later, you're betting $6,500 to win $1,000 that you will like the game.

I don't think the risk vs reward is there. I know it's a sliding scale of payments or some other system he worked out, but I don't care for some of the coolest looking games out there, TZ in my case. Unless I'm mistaken, the price jumps $1,000 by the time you can get your hands on one and I think it's $1,000 well spent in this case.

#30 13 years ago

Nice to see that on top of the full schematics/layouts some of us have.

Oh, how I envy you. I can't wait to see the playfield layout! This game can't come soon enough.

#31 13 years ago

Dang it.

If you have the playfield layout, stop telling us you have it and can't share it! I've been preordered since January and I've seen NOTHING!

#32 13 years ago

I know this is off topic, but what's the best method of shipping? I e-mailed Jack, but I was just curious if picking the game up yourself is cheaper/faster/better. I'm about 5 hours away. I'd like to reserve my game here, I think I'm hooked.

#33 13 years ago

Thought it might be a good way to see the factory, but only $150 to ship...and no taxes..hmmmm

#34 13 years ago

I think this game is gonna be one that will make those who did not pre-order sorry they didn't. Team JJ seems to be putting their all into it. I can't wait!

#35 13 years ago

That is one way to look at it ......but two years from now ......we could also be the ones that pick one up for less than pre-order. By then at least we will know what we are getting. But then again......they may double in price. Only time will tell.

#36 13 years ago

Well, you're always going to be able to get one cheaper USED. But who wants that? I've had that delicious "new pinball smell" 3 times now. Used pinball smell? Kind of depends.

And while I expect the "normal edition" to be cheaper than the post-preorder price of $7500, it may not go lower than $6500.

And remember, you're not just buying a new pinball machine, you're supporting a new company trying to push pinball forward in a high quality direction. Look at the positive effect a little competition is already having on Stern.

But if WOZ doesn't succeed, there may not be a second game to wait for.

#37 13 years ago

But if WOZ doesn't succeed, there may not be a second game to wait for.

"Tsshyeah- and monkeys might fly out of my butt!"

#38 13 years ago

I think the first 1000 machines should be only black & white, and then they should switch them to color!

#39 13 years ago

I think the first 1000 machines should be only black & white, and then they should switch them to color!

You got a good chuckle out of me.

#40 13 years ago

I think that would be a cool playfield transition going from B&W at the drain and then stagger slowly into color; with the "Emerald City" glowing in the distance.
Kinda like this, but more pop and with heavy line-work to show the Witch's influence.
O.K. so NOT like this...

img.jpegimg.jpeg

#41 13 years ago

I wonder if we are all excited... I bet not....

#42 13 years ago

Actually, what would be really cool to see would be some "Mood Lighting". Depending on how long you take to get through the modes. Have full spectrum lighting LED strips (or bulbs) etc, to simulate sunrise/sunset, storms, nighttime (Stars!) fiber optics running the length of the playfield AND surrounding cabinet! Coupled to the music/sounds of course!

What do you think?

#43 13 years ago

I think if JJ has NO budget at all that would be AMAZING.
I thought I read somewhere at some point that their would be some LED's that you could change color in the service menu. I don't know though. Might be a rumor.

#44 13 years ago

Actually, what would be really cool to see would be some "Mood Lighting". Depending on how long you take to get through the modes. Have full spectrum lighting LED strips (or bulbs) etc, to simulate sunrise/sunset, storms, nighttime (Stars!) fiber optics running the length of the playfield AND surrounding cabinet! Coupled to the music/sounds of course!

What do you think?

Anything that enhances the mood of the player with some sort of differentials on sounds, music and lights would be great. One of the reasons I like TOM so much is that it just looks so good and draws you in. Hopefully WOZ will be a real looker as well.

#45 13 years ago

What do you think?

As for mood lighting would LED RGB's fit the bill????

#46 13 years ago

They are close simon.
There is still too much separation (prism effect) still in the ones that I have seen in person.
A frosted bulb would help, but you lose a little clarity in the color. The "Cointaker Superbrights" would be the perfect candidate. RGB's would look really good if they doubled or tripled the pins for secondary and tertiary colors. I guess the buzzword for those LED's is "Color-Mesh" found on the new gigantic building displays in Asia. But yeah for pinball this is all we get so far...
Maybe in a couple more years I can get a "Burnt Umber" LED!
Kidding of course!

RGB.jpgRGB.jpg images.jpegimages.jpeg

#47 13 years ago

Well, there is a rumour that WOZ will have some RGB's so guessing that could lead to some nice kind of mood lighting?

#48 13 years ago

I am in!! Done my pre-order.

Lots of reasons but decided I cannot miss out of this Emerald Edition game. After all it should look great, play great and be deep. Having a darker edge really helps as well. It will be unlike anything ever made before and I just want to be part of it all.

Besides some of the older A titles sell for such high amounts that this is not as mad as it seems.......first NIB

If it is not top 10 of all time, I will be disappointed but it makes the next 8 months interesting!

#49 13 years ago

I am in!! Done my pre-order.

Welcome to the club my friend! Now drink this...

WP.jpegWP.jpeg

#50 13 years ago

Besides some of the older A titles sell for such high amounts that this is not as mad as it seems......

You raise a very good point. If WOZ turns out to be half as good as we think it will be, $6,500 will seem like a bargain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-the-dark-side and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.