• Latest reply 10 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snickers_wrapped.jpg
winky_balltrap.jpg

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The quality standard by comparison is a joke right now..

No it is not ! What a lame statement with nothing to back it up ! Come on Ice , knock off the shit !

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Your implication was that Stern didn't have good customer service. Has that been your experience?

Stern has always had fantastic customer service and tech support for me. They are even helpful on second hand games that are ten years old.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The quality standard by comparison is a joke right now.....

It is a joke (funny) from a company that made promises and has not delivered, literally.
If you are going to get one up on the competition it does not help by making claims not backed up.

For the amount of games actually delivered and the problems being reported its not good.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern has always had fantastic customer service and tech support for me. They are even helpful on second hand games that are ten years old.

Indeed, they are awesome when it comes to tech support. They'll do their best to help with all their games even back to when they were DE/Sega. I miss Blackwell being there, but Chas and Pat are great.

#55 10 years ago

Anyone defending JJP at this point = bullshitting all of us.

Anyone defending Stern QC at this point = bullshitting all of us.

Anyone preordering Hobbit or Star Trek = bullshitting themselves.

Either way some of you guys = serious bullshitters

Is anyone here "real" any more?

Or do we just battle one another with words to honor our preorders & pride?

#56 10 years ago

Can you woz naysayers just fuck off please, seriously?? Is there not enough goddamn woz threads that you have attempted to derail? Can we not have one thread where people can address the current issues they are dealing with with this new machine and manufacturer without you tools coming in and pissing all over it?

Fine you don't like it, you don't like the theme, you love stern, you're stuck in the 90s, whatever, go away!

#57 10 years ago

As a novice at all of this only looking for instruction and help on Pinside, I am really turned off by every discussion of JJP and Woz and so many other subjects being derailed by a select few. It can get so negative that I am starting to wonder why I even bother. Thanks Atomicboy for saying what I am thinking.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Can you woz naysayers just fuck off please, seriously?? Is there not enough goddamn woz threads that you have attempted to derail? Can we not have one thread where people can address the current issues they are dealing with with this new machine and manufacturer without you tools coming in and pissing all over it?

Fine you don't like it, you don't like the theme, you love stern, you're stuck in the 90s, whatever, go away!

That is no way to talk to people in the pinball hobby .

#59 10 years ago

Honestly... if you want tech support on WOZ, coming here is not the best option. There are too many people waiting to jump out of the woodwork screaming "See! See! I told you so! It's not perfect!"... then their friends join in, other WOZ owners fight back, and you won't get any help.

Just go to the owners' forum. Jack's there, the designers are there, Alex and Keith are there, Lloyd and other JJP tech support are there... hundreds of owners too... you'll get the help you need without the Pinside Patented Drama.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Here, you get crabby when you're hungry

Snickers_wrapped.jpgSnickers_wrapped.jpg

#61 10 years ago

Sunfox, are you talking about the Google Group JJP owners forum below? Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jersey-jack-pinball-woz

#62 10 years ago

Yes, that's it! If you don't have access, email Jen or Jack for an invitation.

#63 10 years ago

Fantastic. When you go to that site it has you ask for permission to join. My approval is pending and I am looking forward to checking it out. Thanks so much.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveS:

As a novice at all of this only looking for instruction and help on Pinside, I am really turned off by every discussion of JJP and Woz and so many other subjects being derailed by a select few. It can get so negative that I am starting to wonder why I even bother. Thanks Atomicboy for saying what I am thinking.

As you said, you are a novice.

The WOZ discussions have 3 years & $6,500 of emotion behind them.

Anyway welcome to the hobby. We may piss & moan but when a member needs tech support or we show off our new toys all that drama fades.... for a little while at least.

#65 10 years ago

Thank you. I do get some great tips and insight into many things but so often the comments get so off base. All in all I am glad to be here.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Honestly... if you want tech support on WOZ, coming here is not the best option. There are too many people waiting to jump out of the woodwork screaming "See! See! I told you so! It's not perfect!"... then their friends join in, other WOZ owners fight back, and you won't get any help.

Just go to the owners' forum. Jack's there, the designers are there, Alex and Keith are there, Lloyd and other JJP tech support are there... hundreds of owners too... you'll get the help you need without the Pinside Patented Drama.

So what - we give up and let this place go the route of what RGP used to be? Pinside has a way of dealing with those over the top.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

So what - we give up and let this place go the route of what RGP used to be? Pinside has a way of dealing with those over the top.

You mean like your request for some people to fuck off ?

A few people are poking fun at JJP and it warrants a profanity reply.....
That's progress.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#68 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

It is a joke (funny) from a company that made promises and has not delivered, literally.
If you are going to get one up on the competition it does not help by making claims not backed up.

For the amount of games actually delivered and the problems being reported its not good.

I'd say its pretty damn good for the first go round.....lots of mistakes made that won't happen on pin #2, and its been frustrating as hell, .....that said, yes the quality of Woz far exceeds anything that Stern has produced, like the pin or not, but it appears that plenty do with the resulting sales....and I'm talking about the overall build, lighting, sound, quality parts, etc.....there is no disputing that..

For now, I'll enjoy my current Sterns/Bally, and look forward to my future Sterns, JJP's, Jpop's and whatever else!.....

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say its pretty damn good for the first go round.....lots of mistakes made that won't happen on pin #2, and its been frustrating as hell, .....that said, yes the quality of Woz far exceeds anything that Stern has produced, like the pin or not, but it appears that plenty do with the resulting sales....
For now, I'll enjoy my current Sterns/Bally, and look forward to my future Sterns, JJP's, Jpop's and whatever else!.....

Its a machine designed and built by humans and mistakes happen.

When you toss in the "yes the quality of Woz far exceeds anything that Stern has produced" only make a reasonable initial statement sound pretty stupid. #1 is not completely shipped and working so to apply that inference to #2 is wishful thinking not based on any fact/s.

A Ferrari is built better than a Focus but matters little while its getting towed ( not working).

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

ts a machine designed and built by humans and mistakes happen.

When you toss in the "yes the quality of Woz far exceeds anything that Stern has produced" only make a reasonable initial statement sound pretty stupid. #1 is not completely shipped and working so to apply that inference to #2 is wishful thinking not based on any fact/s.

Agree with the first sentence, a lot of mistakes happen...... with respect to the overall quality difference, its not even in dispute, IF Stern had the stereo sound for Mop, AC/DC, the lighting, the lcd display, the overall build quality, etc.....that is all people would be talking about on here....it is what it is and simply "factual"....doesn't mean they don't have things to fix and a long way to go....and it also doesn't mean Stern is pure crap, they have come a long way thanks to the competition now and I'm looking forward to getting my AC/DC premium and STLE.....

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

That's progress.

I'm pretty sure we are like 98% at least grown men here, so I apologize if my shocking words kept you up last night, but this was the breaking point of non-stop trolling to derail threads by the anti woz clowns. And I would say the same about any anti stern clowns derailing those threads as well.

Some people just want to read the positive and constructive ideas / criticism, instead of every frickin new thread about woz or stern being derailed and brought into a dispute by the other camp.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm pretty sure we are like 98% at least grown men here, so I apologize if my shocking words kept you up last night, but this was the breaking point of non-stop trolling to derail threads by the anti woz clowns. And I would say the same about any anti stern clowns derailing those threads as well.
Some people just want to read the positive and constructive ideas / criticism, instead of every frickin new thread about woz or stern being derailed and brought into a dispute by the other camp.

Shocking words?
Man you must live a sheltered life.

You need s block of cheese to go with your wine.

The "boy" part of your handle must be pretty accurate.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

That's progress.

Ok poking fun is one thing, general negative comments get old real fast. The problem with poking fun, I have seen too many posts here that were followed up with "just kidding" or it was a joke, after the damage is done. Text doesn't show the curl of the mouth, the twinkle of the eye, or the wink associated with the comment. It would be nice if people (me included) would just sit back and think if this is going to get someone riled. If someone does it on purpose, well that's another thing.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say its pretty damn good for the first go round.....lots of mistakes made that won't happen on pin #2, and its been frustrating as hell, .....that said, yes the quality of Woz far exceeds anything that Stern has produced, like the pin or not, but it appears that plenty do with the resulting sales....and I'm talking about the overall build, lighting, sound, quality parts, etc.....there is no disputing that..

I keep asking, and you keep ignoring me: when did you get your WOZ??

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I keep asking, and you keep ignoring me: when did you get your WOZ??

Que paso Rob!.....Just channeling all the input, positive thoughts and reality from everyone who has one....and I'm smart enough to figure it out like you!

That said, RAZA, which you bailed on, will be better than all of the above Go ahead, insert, delivery date joke, bankruptcy joke, whatever, it's gonna be phenomenal

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Que paso Rob!.....Just channeling all the input, positive thoughts and reality from everyone who has one....and I'm smart enough to figure it out like you!
That said, RAZA, which you bailed on, will be better than all of the above Go ahead, insert, delivery date joke, bankruptcy joke, whatever, it's gonna be phenomenal

You mean you don't have your WOZ?

I was confused by the statements that you were making where you were comparing it to your Sterns.

What does RAZA have to do with anything?

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You mean you don't have your WOZ?

I was confused by the statements that you were making where you were comparing it to your Sterns.

What does RAZA have to do with anything?

Come on Robert, we have to multi thread and piece the puzzle together!.......I do love my Sterns, and I'm not nearly as picky of some of the anal dorks on here so I'm sure I could be completely happy with any new pin, including Metallica, sans the music.......

All the blather about this that and the other...RAZA is going to set the new high bar! You bailed on LTBR but RAZA will be the hot chick that you always regret letting get away....

And after all this....I'm extremely content on watching the show and letting the code get done before my Woz arrives sometime this month...

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not nearly as picky of some of the anal dorks on here so I'm sure I could be completely happy with any new pin, including one I don't actually have.

Fixed

#79 10 years ago

Oh yeah, and those too...!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, and those too...!

Those are the best ones. They don't take up any space and yet are the greatest machines never made!

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Those are the best ones. They don't take up any space and yet are the greatest machines never made!

You got that right Jar!.....Potential is everything, like opening night in the NBA or midnight madness in college hoops, there is hope and optimism everywhere.......and then the reality sets in?

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And then the reality sets in?

Bah! Reality is for people who actually want to play their pins.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You got that right Jar!.....Potential is everything, like opening night in the NBA or midnight madness in college hoops, there is hope and optimism everywhere.......and then the reality sets in?

Midnight madness reminds me of this one time in college.. O wait you are talking about other kinds of college hoops.

#84 10 years ago

"my WOZ arrives sometime this month..." Iceman
All right everybody place your bets place your bets!

500,000-1 Ice gets his game this month and states he absolutely hates it.
50,000-1 Ice gets his game next month and states he does not like it.
500-1 Ice gets Woz sometime this fall and is disappointed in the game, sorta.
50-1 Ice gets his Woz late this year and kinda likes it.
5-1 Ice gets his game early next year and thinks its pretty good.
1-1 Ice gets his WOZ late next year or not at all and thinks its the greatest pin ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.50
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-tech-questions/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.