Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24609476.jpg
927.jpg
woz_club.jpg
Stinson.jpg
screen.JPG
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago

I like the way the whole playfield flashes the color of the character to let you know you hit one of it's rollover switches.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

those flippers still look and sound clunky

I would guess the glass is off . so he didn't get any glare while filming. I know when I play a game with the glass off its always a lot louder..and noisier..

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

There's nothing but positive things about OZ on RGP right now. Not much negativity at all.
If you move over there though, I'm sure you could get it back into raging cesspool shape in no time. Good luck!

Pretty funny (perhaps even ironic) when rgp seems to be a place for more balanced, rational discourse, whereas the happy-happy pinside is full of flamewars and douchebaggery. I for one an highly amused. (It goes without saying that rgp is FAR more valuable for reliable/solid pinball tech info, and pinside excels at resources for those who want to dress up their games nice and pretty with toppers, LEDs, powder-coating, etc.) Doesn't seem like moderation matters one bit when it comes to human nature....

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I just found a long video
» YouTube video

That is a great video. The LED lighting in the inserts is superb!

#205 10 years ago

The video was good, I still think it looks clunky and the layout stinks...to bad...hope they kill it with Hobbit instead!!

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

I don't think you can put percentage on code completion until you are very near completion. There are so many variables (know & unknown) that would have to be calculated into the equation. I don't think a wild ass guess would be appropriate because their are people on here who will pound the shit out of you if you are one percent off.
Anything that is not 100% factual you post on a WOZ thread at your own risk and even then the assholes have the flamethrowers sparked and ready.

Agreed with the "wild ass guess" comment.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am no longer answering woz questions.

Ok. Understand your position, thought maybe you could end "rumor mill", is all.

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The video was good, I still think it looks clunky and the layout stinks...to bad...hope they kill it with Hobbit instead!!

Play the game before calling it clunky. Also your sole opininon will not affect the game's outcome.

Quoted from pinstor12:

Ok. Understand your position, thought maybe you could end "rumor mill", is all.

Send him a PM.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Play the game before calling it clunky. Also your sole opininon will not affect the game's outcome.

Send him a PM.

I have played it, and my opinion doesn't mean everything?

The layout is a fail IMO, but when you have 6k or 7k invested it may be hard to pull your head out of the clouds...

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The layout is a fail IMO, but when you have 6k or 7k invested it may be hard to pull your head out of the clouds...

You have the right you your opinion as does everyone else, but the game and they way others experience it doesn't revolve around what YOU think. Simply saying, "The layout is a fail" is just trolling the waters, and puts yourself in a bad light. So do yourself a favor and stop now.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Alex, How much percentage would you say is completed, of the currently planned code?
(End the rumor mill.)

Keith would be the better person to ask.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You have the right you your opinion as does everyone else, but the game and they way others experience it doesn't revolve around what YOU think. Simply saying, "The layout is a fail" is just trolling the waters, and puts yourself in a bad light. So do yourself a favor and stop now.

Blindly loving everything about the game makes you look stupid too...just saying...

I love alot of things about the game, ie lcd, sound, lights, etc...however the layout is a fail and no amount of code can save that. That is my opinion, and I know alot of others share this opinion too.

So don't tell me what or how to think...thanks

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Blindly loving everything about the game makes you look stupid too...just saying...
I love alot of things about the game, ie lcd, sound, lights, etc...however the layout is a fail and no amount of code can save that. That is my opinion, and I know alot of others share this opinion too.
So don't tell me what or how to think...thanks

Please point out where I said I love the game. I haven't even played the darn thing yet, and neither have you. The way you generalize these concepts is amusing.

#213 10 years ago

I played it at the Seattle show...and you come off like a crazy JJP supporter, so sorry for my assumption...

I still think the layout sucks, and I hope their 2nd try has more flow/ramps. I will be a buyer then for sure.

#214 10 years ago

You want a 2 page summary of what I don't like?

Send 500 to pinball outreach and I will do one, or 1000 for a good one..

#215 10 years ago

woz is beautiful. Hopefully rules and animations are top notch. It could use a second ramp though. Is it too late to add another ramp?

#216 10 years ago

woz is beautiful. Hopefully rules and animations are top notch. It could use a second ramp though. Is it too late to add another ramp?

24609476.jpg24609476.jpg

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I played it at the Seattle show...and you come off like a crazy JJP supporter, so sorry for my assumption...
I still think the layout sucks, and I hope their 2nd try has more flow/ramps. I will be a buyer then for sure.

By Jacks own admission, the game that was at the Seattle show almost a year ago, was just a box of lights with flippers, I really think it is unfair to judge it by that. I was there, and I refused to play it, realizing how you can only make a first impression once.

As far as ramps go, more of them does not a better game make, I realize that's almost heresy around here, but it's true, and there are so many games that have nothing but flow, don't you think it's time for something a little different??

#218 10 years ago

If he's talking about the Northwest Pinball Show from June 2012 - right after E3 and in the first week that WOZ was ever shown publically, without any score display or even GI - then hell yeah, that's NOT something to be basing your gameplay opinions on! 11 months is an eternity - most pins only have a 1-year development cycle anyways!

Even if you think you can judge the "fun factor" of the layout from that experience, there's a huge difference between batting a ball aimlessly around a prototype playfield with no goals and zero feedback, and playing an actual GAME with animation and sound and proper objectives where shots have to be made to get things to happen. Never before have people been able to play a pin so early in its development, and because of that it's easy to forget that it's the total package that makes a game fun and exciting, not whether every shot automatically feeds the ball back to the flipper.

Remove the sounds, lights, animations and rules from any modern game, and no matter how "flowy" the layout is, you'll get bored pretty damn soon when there's no reason to do anything.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

you cant please everyone.. haters are goin hate.

#220 10 years ago

Wizard of Oz rewards video recently posted

http://vimeo.com/65804871

#221 10 years ago

No comments on the rewards rendering ?

#222 10 years ago

LOL everyone is now scared to say anything about a new video.

But I like it!

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

By Jacks own admission, the game that was at the Seattle show almost a year ago, was just a box of lights with flippers, I really think it is unfair to judge it by that. I was there, and I refused to play it, realizing how you can only make a first impression once.
As far as ramps go, more of them does not a better game make, I realize that's almost heresy around here, but it's true, and there are so many games that have nothing but flow, don't you think it's time for something a little different??

Metallica looks 100 times better, agree to disagree. The layout of Woz was still the same in Seattle...

I have nothing against JJP and hope Hobbit kills it so I can get one..

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

LOL everyone is now scared to say anything about a new video.
But I like it!

Don't think anybody's scared. There just isn't much to say about it.

#225 10 years ago

I also think Woz will be really fun still, just not fun enough to make me open my wallet...

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Metallica looks 100 times better, agree to disagree. The layout of Woz was still the same in Seattle...

Are you sure its a 100 times better and not 150 times better? Lol....Metallica layout sucks and so does the music, how about that...

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you sure its a 100 times better and not 150 times better? Lol....Metallica layout sucks and so does the music, how about that...

Correct ! The Metallica pin was actually 200 times better but the facts you have brought to our attention makes it only a 100 times better ..J/K

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No I'm not sure, it could be 85 or 115 or 47.

I love Metallicas old music and the layout looks like a winner to me...

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Don't think anybody's scared. There just isn't much to say about it.

Really? If a green swirly animation got that much attention ... surely this should get more!

#230 10 years ago

Def a high def video. Looks great

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Wizard of Oz rewards video recently posted

Wow, you caught that real quick.I posted that yesterday for my personal website. It's a presentation video for the 3d section. This video won't be in the LCD, but the objects will be.

Greg also used a render of these in the plastic right of the lower flippers.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Wow, you caught that real quick.I posted that yesterday for my personal website. It's a presentation video for the 3d section. This video won't be in the LCD, but the objects will be.
Greg also used a render of these in the plastic right of the lower flippers.

It is pretty crazy how fast these guys find stuff on the web and how far they go to find it.

Nice work on that video!

#233 10 years ago

As strange as it sounds... would something like that not make a good video to cycle through during attract mode? Maybe with some descriptive text.

#234 10 years ago

Came across another JP animation

http://vimeo.com/65967581

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-start-game-animation/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.