Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24609476.jpg
927.jpg
woz_club.jpg
Stinson.jpg
screen.JPG
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

Thanks for the vid. Looks great!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ohh I'm not leaving. Just not posting jjp specific info any further. I have no need to. I did it to be helpful and informative. Not to get shit on by DB's.

Glad you're not leaving, but I'm bummed that the DB's here have turned it into RGP2 (no offense to Robin, but there is a troll problem here). You were taking the time to post stuff and show the game, and some people here just used that to smash on it. I've been watching it ramp up lately. Some idiot pounding on you because an outlane switch hasn't been programmed yet??? It is all a lightning rod now, every bit of the game. You were asked to post this and then got trounced on for it.

Personally I'm sad it got to you. The 1.01 teaser video you posted got me even more excited to get my game. Loved the splash of light across the whole game as you hit the ball targets. I'm hundreds of machines away from getting mine, so the stuff you post is what keeps the information flowing to us future owners. Yeah, we have the newsgroup, but information you were putting here was different. It was good, and I hope it could continue. These guys that are trying to drag it down don't speak for us all Alex.

#53 10 years ago

Alex, don't let the D*CKS wear you down....there are ton of a**clowns on here just trying to stir sh*t up....ignore the idiot brigade...but I understand if you can't take the jack a**es anymore...

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Alex, don't let the D*CKS wear you down....there are ton of a**clowns on here just trying to stir sh*t up....ignore the idiot brigade...but I understand if you can't take the jack a**es anymore...

With all of the asterisks, your post looks like the radio edit of gangsta rap. RIP Kriss Kross.

#55 10 years ago

I still don't get what was so horribly said on this thread ... people actually went out of their way on their criticisms to say "with all due respect" - as if tiptoeing around nails. I wish the community were one where people could give both positive and negative feedback, and not have it be taken so harshly when it's negative and done in a polite manner.

#56 10 years ago

I am one of the persons who asked Alex to post the video and I greatly appreciate him taking the time out to do it. He didn't post it to hear people trash it. He posted it as a courtesy for those who wanted to see it. So thank you Alex!! And don't let the few haters get to you ... I hate the thought of them being able to ruin an open forum that is fun (and informational) for most of us.

#57 10 years ago

Pinchroma - I have appreciated your posts and input. I always take it as it is intended - not as a JJP apologist/rah rah, but as good general information or to clear up misinformation.

I do hope you continue or if you are going to send out info on an email list, I would gladly pm my email.

I don't understand the negative comments, but have no problem ignoring those guys. Some people just like to argue I guess.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I am one of the persons who asked Alex to post the video and I greatly appreciate him taking the time out to do it. He didn't post it to hear people trash it. He posted it as a courtesy for those who wanted to see it. So thank you Alex!! And don't let the few haters get to you ... I hate the thought of them being able to ruin an open forum that is fun (and informational) for most of us.

Who "trashed" it? So we are haters now for simply saying we were expecting more based off of the comments of others? Wow - it's easy now to become a hater here, then.

I've seen many posts actually "trashing" things .. but come on - this is ridiculous. No one trashed anything. Your statement of "ruin an open forum" is highly ironic in the context.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

With all of the asterisks, your post looks like the radio edit of gangsta rap. RIP Kriss Kross.

Yeah, so what, and who is Kriss Kross.....gangsta.....

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I still don't get what was so horribly said on this thread ... people actually went out of their way on their criticisms to say "with all due respect" - as if tiptoeing around nails. I wish the community were one where people could give both positive and negative feedback, and not have it be taken so harshly when it's negative and done in a polite manner.

The problem is that Pinballwizrd has been asking for any WOZ video in every WOZ thread for the past several days. He has asked probably two dozen times. That is why his first comment pushes him into trolling status. Posting the same thing over and over is wrong.

As of right now he has seven thumbs down. That says a lot

#61 10 years ago

I wouldn't post another comment on here either Alex, regarding Woz......just like the guys that have already received the pin who don't want to post anything here...there is a good reason for that

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Apparently certain folks can't read.
Regardless I am done posting information informative or otherwise. Even I have a tolerance level and its been met. Before I say something that like without a Shadow of a doubt earn me a ban I am going to gracefully bow out of providing any further information.
Quite frankly its just not worth my time, I have better things to do.
If anyone actually has a valid question, pm me and I will respond. Should you choose to relay the information and deal with the incessant ridiculous commentary be my guest.

That's really too bad. Most of us have really appreciated your input. I, for one, scroll most the woz threads looking for your comments. I wouldn't even know what questions to ask in a PM. Like it never occurred to he that there was an intro start animation. Anyways, I hope you change your mind here and stop letting the few ruin it for the rest of us.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

The problem is that Pinballwizrd has been asking for any WOZ video in every WOZ thread for the past several days. He has asked probably two dozen times. That is why his first comment pushes him into trolling status. Posting the same thing over and over is wrong.

I get that ... but even so, him asking for videos and being annoying doesn't mean he "trashed" the start-up animation, which is what was said. That's why I was/am confused. It's one thing to be annoyed at a member for constantly saying something, but it's like people are saying a minefield went off in here when I don't see anything of the sort.

#64 10 years ago

Posting the same thing over and over is wrong.

And over and over and over again...................................

I really wish there somewhere else we could get some non BS posts re Woz but it ain't gonna happen...

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, so what, and who is Kriss Kross.....gangsta.....

Simply an observation. Kriss Kross was a popular gangsta rap duo in the early 90s; their raps were played at many musical dance clubs. Also, you are getting a little bit crazy with the periods, three make an ellipsis.

#66 10 years ago

That is why his first comment pushes him into trolling status. Posting the same thing over and over is wrong.

He is asking for gameplay video; I don't think that is an unusual request. I can see how you interpreted his posts as trolling, but I didn't see them that way.

#67 10 years ago

As of right now he has seven thumbs down. That says a lot

I've asked for Metallica videos even more

You never PM'd me about that however

7 thumbs down says a lot? Whatever man, it's just folks that don't agree with me.

I used no profanity, slurs, insults, threats, hate, religion, harassment, politics, attacks or etc.

My post was within reason & within forum rules. If hypersensitive WOZ buyers decide to thumbs down my reply so what?

If you dislike my replies just click the ignore button instead of ban votes to filter content.

Who defends BBH & TRS?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Go back and reread the first and eigth response to the thread. It about sums it up.</blockquote

Go back and reread the first and eigth response to the thread. It about sums it up.

Rise above, don't stoop.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Who "trashed" it? So we are haters now for simply saying we were expecting more based off of the comments of others? Wow - it's easy now to become a hater here, then.
I've seen many posts actually "trashing" things .. but come on - this is ridiculous. No one trashed anything. Your statement of "ruin an open forum" is highly ironic in the context.

I'm not interested in being confrontational. If you missed the several comments with a negative tone then disregard. I'm only on here to discuss the most exciting thing in pinball to come along in a long, long time.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

Also, you are getting a little bit crazy with the periods, three make an ellipsis.

I always post in ellipsis thank you though..........and I don't care who some gangsta is...........whatever..........don't worry about it Alex, I appreciate all the posts to date and am looking forward to getting my Woz soon, you are one of the few people that provide any real helpful info on here re Woz so thanks for what you do!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

That's completely unrelated, but to the point, I don't think anyone in this thread (so far) crapped on the animation. Is it not OK to simply say we were expecting more, or even to say someone doesn't like it? I know you did someone a favor and posted it - that's great. But I don't think anyone should take such offense to simply comments that are made in a tasteful manner.

well your last sentance there makes all the difference... 'made in a tasteful manner'. You don't have to agree, but the nagging, stalking, thread-crapping, being ugly just because you can is not 'made in a tasteful manner'. That's all just miserable negativity that adds no value to the thread nor the community.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't have to agree, but the nagging, stalking, thread-crapping, being ugly just because you can is not 'made in a tasteful manner'. That's all just miserable negativity that adds no value to the thread nor the community.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well your last sentance there makes all the difference... 'made in a tasteful manner'. You don't have to agree, but the nagging, stalking, thread-crapping, being ugly just because you can is not 'made in a tasteful manner'. That's all just miserable negativity that adds no value to the thread nor the community.

Understood - but other than the pinsider wanting a video, what other comment in this thread was thread-crapping, being ugly because you can, miserably negative, etc?

#74 10 years ago

Did anyone else notice in that clip how easy it is for new players to get some basic info such as the score needed to get a free game and the ball in play out of a total of three ?

screen.JPGscreen.JPG

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gameplay video... Not 2 seconds of whatever that was.
Relax man, I'm not sad/disgruntled. I'm excited WOZ is shipping & some video would be really cool.
Read the Metallica threads, I asked for video a dozen+ times.
Lots of JJP fanboys want to make things a big deal or an argument if it isn't blind happiness being expressed.
I mentioned slow flippers on Metallica & no one says shit. Say it in a WOZ thread & look out! I say we are suckers for giving Gary money for sight unseen games & folks offer rebuttals but its all good... Say the same in a WOZ thread & all hell breaks loose.

Clearly I'm out of control, look at the insanity I posted!

Hurry up, thumbs down any reasonable comment you disagree with!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Did anyone else notice in that clip how easy it is for new players to get some basic info such as the score needed to get a free game and the ball in play out of a total of three ?

That's what is so exciting with the Lcd and they have only scratched the surface of the potential there...!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Understood - but other than the pinsider wanting a video, what other comment in this thread was thread-crapping, being ugly because you can, miserably negative, etc?

Well ... comments such as ...

Quoted from PW79:

Dude just stop already & let WOZ ship/speak for itself.
With all due respect

Quoted from SilverBallz:

And as for the video... What's the point of that? I was expecting much more.With all due respect, of course.

Quoted from chocky909:

There are literally hundreds of better things that could happen when you hit start.
Still, WIP.

Quoted from BigOrange:

So... Challenge failed???

Even taunting? Really? Some of these things come across as negativity to most of us.
Ridic.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Well ...

Even taunting?
Ridic.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on what the definition of miserably negative, being ugly because you can, etc, is.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what is so exciting with the Lcd and they have only scratched the surface of the potential there...!

Exactly! If I'm remembering it correctly, there were plans to have tutorial videos that could be displayed on the screen.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Quite frankly its just not worth my time, I have better things to do.

Dont make me put on my radioactive suit and come to JOISEY! I need a cheese steak anyway.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dont make me put on my radioactive suit and come to JOISEY! I need a cheese steak anyway.

Ben cheese steak is Philly. That's PA

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

TheJesus can have a cheesesteak anywhere he likes.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ben was raised in Newark Delaware and Philly was just over the bridge Trust me I know! 295 all the way threw the radioactive area into PA

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's no use, they just don't see it. Perhaps it's due to different societal norms. Like the New York vs California attitude.

I also think people would be a lot more considerate face to face.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

But you could do that on a DMD! (Of course, you wouldn't have any room left for anything else like gameplay messages, mode status, animations, etc....)

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Who defends BBH & TRS?

AbacusMan and... Hmmm... Well... AbacusMan.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Holy shit! He is risen! Praise the day!!!

#88 10 years ago

Ok everyone STOP PM'ing Pinchroma!!! Your taking him away from powdercoating MY stuff!!!!!

The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many!!!!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Pinballwizard79 said:
Who defends BBH & TRS?

AbacusMan and... Hmmm... Well... AbacusMan.

Who talks about them?

Kidding of course, I actually would buy a BBH if one came up here.

#90 10 years ago

The problem is Frustration.

Regarding this project, I think it's safe to say that we are beyond the bread crumb trail and many (not all) pinsiders just want to see gameplay footage. The lack of gameplay footage is a mystery as many of us expected it after games shipped last week and that mystery is creating some frustration in the ranks IMO.

#91 10 years ago

Who talks about them?
Kidding of course, I actually would buy a BBH if one came up here.

You'd never get a BBH home

AK bush pilots would take one look @ the BBH cargo & keep it for themselves

#92 10 years ago

Good point, I would have to haul it myself. Stinson.jpgStinson.jpg

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Regarding this project, I think it's safe to say that we are beyond the bread crumb trail and many (not all) pinsiders just want to see gameplay footage. The lack of gameplay footage is a mystery as many of us expected it after games shipped last week and that mystery is creating some frustration in the ranks IMO.

Stern and JJP have a bet going as to which one can outlast the other in terms of putting out a gameplay video.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Stern and JJP have a bet going as to which one can outlast the other in terms of putting out a gameplay video.

The world's most ridiculous game of chicken.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

There were 1000+ games of production shipping woz 1.04 at Allentown and no one took a video? With the exception of the one I was in giving a rule set tutorial.

Funny.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Exactly. Where are the WOZ game play videos? There are way more Metallica game play videos than WOZ. How may WOZ pins are in homes of owners at this point? Not many, apparently?

Also...did Alex really just take his ball and go home?

#97 10 years ago

I don't think you read the entire thread.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

did Alex really just take his ball and go home

It happens Rob ! LOL Lets just hope he don't break out a dremel on woz !

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You haven't spoken to one of the recipients of said games yet have you?

A couple have checked in on the WOZ owner's forum and elsewhere. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many people have zero desire to post about it on Pinside due to the long-standing history of WOZ threads turning negative. The initial response to this thread kinda sums that up perfectly.

Why do something for the possible benefit of others if all you'll get are snide comments for your troubles?

#100 10 years ago

It would be the same if there was a private Metallica forum for buyers as well - you'd probably see a lot less public videos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
13,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-start-game-animation/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.