Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24609476.jpg
927.jpg
woz_club.jpg
Stinson.jpg
screen.JPG
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

Quite a few of you asked for it. Here it is.

#2 10 years ago

Dude just stop already & let WOZ ship/speak for itself.

With all due respect

#3 10 years ago

I was asked for the video.

You are the one who keeps asking for more video and you complain when I post one. Wow are you a giant walking contradiction.

If you don't like the topic don't read it and sure as shit don't comment on it. It just makes you look sad and disgruntled.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for posting

#5 10 years ago

When is my WOZ shipping? Has a second truck left jjp yet or is it one and done?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Thanks for posting

You're welcome.

Here was the original request for the video in case anyone else needs to switch from their left foot to their right the next time they open their mouth.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-is-in-my-home/page/8#post-854319

#7 10 years ago

Thanks for posting - strange, I was expecting a lot more simply because I saw a comment or two saying the new startup animation was awesome. Thought it'd be a character animation of some sort, not just a green swirl. Again, not saying it's bad - just that based on other comments I thought it was something "incredible".

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

When is my WOZ shipping? Has a second truck left jjp yet or is it one and done?

I have no idea. Many games have shipped not just a single truck. I don't know about your order that's not my department. Instead of asking here why not call your distributor. They likely have more information.

#9 10 years ago

And as for the video... What's the point of that? I was expecting much more.
With all due respect, of course.

#10 10 years ago

Well what is is supposed to do? Animated upskirt of Dorothy?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well what is is supposed to do? Animated upskirt of Dorothy?

Was hoping for Oz to personally welcome me to his land.

#12 10 years ago

An upskirt would be nice. But the video posted showed nothing. It's overkill with these WOZ posts.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Was hoping for Oz to personally welcome me to his land.

Well that's...romantik?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

And as for the video... What's the point of that? I was expecting much more.
With all due respect, of course.

A taunting laugh and a swirl to draw me in. I like it.

#15 10 years ago

Apparently certain folks can't read.

Regardless I am done posting information informative or otherwise. Even I have a tolerance level and its been met. Before I say something that like without a shadow of a doubt earn me a ban I am going to gracefully bow out of providing any further information.

Quite frankly its just not worth my time, I have better things to do.

If anyone actually has a valid question, pm me and I will respond. Should you choose to relay the information and deal with the incessant ridiculous commentary be my guest.

#16 10 years ago

There are literally hundreds of better things that could happen when you hit start.

Still, WIP.

#17 10 years ago

FFS!!! I'm amazed Alex even bothers to post here anymore.

Somebody asks him to post the video, he does, and people immediately shit all over it.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Somebody asks him to post the video, he does, and people immediately shit all over it.

Not even shocking anymore around here to be honest

#19 10 years ago

Meh, it's just like the people that bitched about Jack posting a picture of the coin door, when he'd been asked specifically to do that.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am done posting information informative or otherwise.

This is too bad because I've found out more about the game from you than any other single source

Looks like I'll be feeding on the scraps over at the WOZ group.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Meh, it's just like the people that bitched about Jack posting a picture of the coin door, when he'd been asked specifically to do that.

People actually asked to see the coin door?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

People actually asked to see the coin door?

They wanted to see the custom headphone jack and volume controls. See how that works?

#23 10 years ago

Pinchroma is the best source for info on WOZ and now complainers have ruined it for all of us,If you did not like the animation move on it was not for you.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I was asked for the video.
You are the one who keeps asking for more video and you complain when I post one. Wow are you a giant walking contradiction.
If you don't like the topic don't read it and sure as shit don't comment on it. It just makes you look sad and disgruntled.

Gameplay video... Not 2 seconds of whatever that was.

Relax man, I'm not sad/disgruntled. I'm excited WOZ is shipping & some video would be really cool.

Read the Metallica threads, I asked for video a dozen+ times.

Lots of JJP fanboys want to make things a big deal or an argument if it isn't blind happiness being expressed.

I mentioned slow flippers on Metallica & no one says shit. Say it in a WOZ thread & look out! I say we are suckers for giving Gary money for sight unseen games & folks offer rebuttals but its all good... Say the same in a WOZ thread & all hell breaks loose.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

No more worries about that. I'm done posting information. About woz, hobbit, etc..

I learned my lesson.

I now realize this place has become rec.games.pinside.

PM me or email me for those of you that have it for info. Depending on who you are I'll either respond or not.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

They wanted to see the custom headphone jack and volume controls. See how that works?

Guess I can appreciate why somebody would want to see that. I couldn't care less, but whatever. To each their own.

Quoted from B9:

This is too bad because I've found out more about the game from you than any other single source.

Agreed. All we ever hear from anyone else at JJP is a sales pitch. Oh well. Shit happens I guess.

Quoted from B9:

Looks like I'll be feeding on the scraps over at the WOZ group.

That place is intolerable. Full of a bunch of people fellating Jack 24x7. No thanks.

#27 10 years ago

PS when WOZ lands in STL you will see a pic of me in my JJP shirt playing the game.

For reals

Till then... Gameplay video would be great

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No more worries about that. I'm done posting information. About woz, hobbit, etc..

I can't say that I blame you.

Well... For what its worth I appreciated your posts over the last month or so. They helped put me a bit more at ease about my purchase when no one else at JJP could.

#29 10 years ago

Gameplay video would be great. Such as modes and stuff. Even the Metallica thread has gameplay video.

#30 10 years ago

Without Alex this is place is gonna be dull... thank goodness my game's coming soon so I won't need to keep scrounging for info. And yeah, I can now see why most of the first couple dozen WOZ owners HAVEN'T bothered posting to Pinside.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Without Alex this is place is gonna be dull... thank goodness my game's coming soon so I won't need to keep scrounging for info. And yeah, I can now see why most of the first couple dozen WOZ owners HAVEN'T bothered posting to Pinside.

You haven't spoken to one of the recipients of said games yet have you?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I actually have one and can easily post gameplay video. I choose not to for many reasons.

1) spoilers - owners should get the opportunity to do that
2) my game is a proto and plays slightly differently than prod games
3) #3 should be plainly obvious.

#33 10 years ago

People need to calm done, at this point we cannot tell if WOZ will suckes and floop. The truth is the code, will making rapid improvements, is far from complete. Wait until more than a double digit number of people have the machine in their home, and the goals of the code are clear and in place before singing praises or declaring it the biggest bust since the Australian MM.

OT: I have been wearing bow-ties semi-regularly lately and it looks real sharp.

#34 10 years ago

Perhaps when the game starts to ship we will have plenty of video available throughout the Internet from the happy owners (non inner circle types) who want to share their pride and joy. I'm also looking forward to their comments regarding gameplay. I played 5-10 games last October and I'll have to say it was pretty. It's nice of Alex to post video when people request it, I wish that I had as much to offer. We all know that the designers (of WOZ) have done a great job of building a beautiful game with some potentially "bar raising" features. This game is still a work in progress with some real potential, as long as it delivers both physically and operationally.

Randy

#35 10 years ago

Does the witch laugh like that every time you start a game or will there be a variety of voice clips to start you off?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No more worries about that. I'm done posting information. About woz, ---HOBBIT---, etc..

It's going to be a long year+...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I can't say that I blame you.
Well... For what its worth I appreciated your posts over the last month or so. They helped put me a bit more at ease about my purchase when no one else at JJP could.

Too much codependency there for this holdout to last long...

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Probably so. Some of the threads around here lately read like the Real Housewives of Pinside.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

If you are emplying a dependency on my part that's pretty humorous. But challenge accepted. And given the 31 PM's I now have to respond too people are none to happy.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If you are emplying a dependency on my part that's pretty humorous. But challenge accepted. And given the 31 PM's I now have to respond too people are none to happy.

I don't think you will leave; you are really invested in the hobby, and for the right reasons. I can understand why it would piss you off to have people rag on a short video you upload that delivers on what it promises, but you should not let it ruin the fun you have here and working with JJP.

Take some time off from the public posting on pinside and you will forget all about it in a few days.

#41 10 years ago

Ohh I'm not leaving. Just not posting jjp specific info any further. I have no need to. I did it to be helpful and informative. Not to get shit on by DB's.

#42 10 years ago

Dude screw that DB. Intro is neato

#43 10 years ago

I like the intro and appreciate all of the insider info that you've posted on this and the JJP site. At this point I feel that I've seen enough of the code framework/game videos to know that WOZ will be an epic game once the software is completed and I don't really need to see any more spoilers to ruin the surprise. It's going to be tough waiting the next couple months for my game to arrive, but in the end it's going to be worth it. Thanks Alex!

#44 10 years ago

Pinchroma,

I would encourage you to re-think your decision.

I've been both critical and praiseful of JJP in the past - critical on some communication issues I thought could be better, and praiseful of the machine once 1.0 hit.

I played it in an earlier version, and didn't care for it much. Then I played it again after 1.0 at another location, and liked it.

I appreciate the updates and communication you've provided - I just wish you were able to do it sooner as that was my #1 pet peeve about WOZ - seemingly non-existent communication. I think it's great what you are doing, and quite frankly it's going to boost sales and interest.

That's completely unrelated, but to the point, I don't think anyone in this thread (so far) crapped on the animation. Is it not OK to simply say we were expecting more, or even to say someone doesn't like it? I know you did someone a favor and posted it - that's great. But I don't think anyone should take such offense to simply comments that are made in a tasteful manner.

I hate to bring it up, but the recent thread of Mustache Cop actually seems to be on topic here - are we really just supposed to clap and say positive things all the time and never say anything in disagreement? Was this thread just supposed to be everyone saying "Thanks!" and "That's great!" .. When someone says they were expecting more, don't like it, etc - is it really that offensive?

It's kind of like the Marketplace threads - if you post a brand new forum topic on something, even if it's a request, you at least need to be open for people to comment on it good and bad. Otherwise it should have just been a PM or posted on the private forum.

Just my two cents.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ohh I'm not leaving. Just not posting jjp specific info any further. I have no need to. I did it to be helpful and informative. Not to get shit on by DB's.

So... Challenge failed???

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Apparently certain folks can't read.
Regardless I am done posting information informative or otherwise. Even I have a tolerance level and its been met. Before I say something that like without a Shadow of a doubt earn me a ban I am going to gracefully bow out of providing any further information.
Quite frankly its just not worth my time, I have better things to do.
If anyone actually has a valid question, pm me and I will respond. Should you choose to relay the information and deal with the incessant ridiculous commentary be my guest.

Alex, your info and contributions to WOZ are greatly appreciated;
However, you have been snide and condescending to others here, but this has been far outweighed by your tireless updates, for which I am grateful.

Rick.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

So... Challenge failed???

?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Alex, your info and contributions to WOZ are greatly appreciated;
However, you have been snide and condescending to others here, but this has been far outweighed by your tireless updates, for which I am grateful.
Rick.

Go back and reread the first and eigth response to the thread. It about sums it up.

#49 10 years ago

Alex,

Come play some Congo.....beat the monkey a little and get some stress relief

#50 10 years ago

I would like to thank you Alex for all the love and work you have invested into the game and also for the info you have shared. Its sad that things have come to this but I understand and respect your decision. Its all good in the land of Oz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-start-game-animation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.