2013-06-08_17-36-14_817.jpg
2013-06-08_17-35-58_30.jpg
2013-06-07_21-31-27_586.jpg
2013-06-07_21-30-47_849.jpg
2013-06-07_21-30-19_476.jpg
2013-06-07_21-28-57_577.jpg
2013-06-07_19-22-40_880.jpg
2013-06-07_20-38-37_847.jpg
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

Jilly's arcade has a standard set up for 1 dollar a play just off the boardwalk 200 yards from the ocean. Already has issues...upkick to upper left pf takes a couple times to get up on playfield, right ramp where the balls can lock has two balls there all the time and doesn't release a ball back into play right away at times. Ball hasn't entered the upper right pf but do not know what causes that to happen. The wife hit the right ramp like 8 times in a row, I was beside myself. They have 16 other pins as well. MB, TOM, MM, IJ4, POTC, JY, plus two more on that side and behind them was Avengers / transformers / SM / BTDK / IM / SP / Eagles football / and another. Avengers was the cleanest pin but I didn't get a chance to play it. I put a quarter in MB and left a credit up after I matched twice and scored three replays during my games.

#2 10 years ago

Some pics

2013-06-07_20-38-37_847.jpg2013-06-07_20-38-37_847.jpg 2013-06-07_19-22-40_880.jpg2013-06-07_19-22-40_880.jpg 2013-06-07_21-28-57_577.jpg2013-06-07_21-28-57_577.jpg

#3 10 years ago

IM has seen some play,,,

2013-06-07_21-30-19_476.jpg2013-06-07_21-30-19_476.jpg 2013-06-07_21-30-47_849.jpg2013-06-07_21-30-47_849.jpg 2013-06-07_21-31-27_586.jpg2013-06-07_21-31-27_586.jpg

#4 10 years ago

God help that WOZ.

#5 10 years ago

Anyone know why there is a pro on location when LE's at the 6500 pricepoint have not all been made yet?????

Guessing LE owners get to startup the company with capitol. Then the pro owner gets to come in later and have one to play while LE owners still wait for theirs. I am really hating the way this JJP rollout is going down.

Glad you got to play one though

Thank you for sharing

#6 10 years ago

Every single one of those problems you listed is due to non configuration of the game.

Vuk needs the coil power increased a few points - configuration
Clear ball locks at game end - configuration

Ball not entering right playfield is because you didn't spell rainbow. You can hit the ramp 100 times, rainbow starts twister and the subsequent munchkin modes. Have to spell rainbow to start it.

Seems like no problem other than no configuration.

Looks like I'm calling the arcade tomorrow.

#7 10 years ago

preemptive crickets

#8 10 years ago

Its gonna be a good test. Those pins take a beating with the weather and get really dirty but hey the MB and MM have been there forever and still play. They are beat but play. All pins have minor issues. The SM and BTDK looked like they played well as I watched a little game play on them. Avengers played really well but once again I was watching. I plan on playing them tomorrow or Sunday night after the kids go to bed. MB took all my time with just one quarter. I'll be back in August to report back on the durability of WOZ. I'll post more info when I play tomorrow or sunday.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am really hating the way this JJP rollout is going down.

Then get your refund.

#10 10 years ago

I was surprised to see a standard on location as well with all the LE owners waiting.

I was wondering what software it was running as I played 1.04 at Allentown.

Hoping the pin gets attention in terms of keeping it working and set-up / adjusted properly, coil strength etc.

The was a guy playing it at one point and was raving about the LCD TV screen, he knew pins but not like we do here he had no idea they were still being made. He even asked who this Jack guy is in Jersey.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Vuk needs the coil power increased a few points - configuration

At some point, Keith needs to add an "auto" setting for non-flipper coils with an accompanying learning table so the game can configure itself. I know he's done it before on his old Stern pins (like the Otto kickout on TSPP, which is notoriously picky).

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Then get your refund.

now now if I put out 6500 out two years ago for an LE and was still waiting and had to play a standard here at the Jersy shore I would be a little angered.

#13 10 years ago

I love how when a frustrated future woz owner posts how they are not happy about how things are going and the response is always well just get a refund. That's just great I put up $6500 or even $7500 two years ago dealt with all the delays and bullshit lies just to ask for a refund and get nothing for you putting up the money and waiting two years. I think it is bullshit they are building regulars while the ones who put up the money are getting bypassed.

#14 10 years ago

Regulars were purchased along with LE's. distribs/ops bought LE's and regulars in parallel.

They are being built in the order purchased.

#15 10 years ago

Murfe88 If that is truley what is going on here I am right there with you.

Get a refund has to be the most Ahole answer I have ever heard.

nepasth you do understand what I am saying right? Certain people are being catered too that is obvious now. It was stated that they are made and shipped in the order they were bought.

That is just not possible unless this is a prototype machine for pros.

I am just trying to figure out if they are in fact pumping out pros while first time buyers of LE (aka company startup money) are still waiting around with no word on order date.

That 7K is about all I could save to spend on a pin and would take a solid year without selling a machine. Are you telling me nepasth you bought one early 2011 and are happy to not have your machine and someone is playing a pro?

I can agree to disagree but in the future try something called tact.

#16 10 years ago

Pinchroma I heard nothing of Pro machines being sold until the price ticked up to 7500

At least that what the emails were leading us to believe at the time.

If it is in fact first come first serve still I have no issues. Zero. Anxcious as ever but A Ok.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I love how when a frustrated future woz owner posts how they are not happy about how things are going and the response is always well just get a refund. That's just great I put up $6500 or even $7500 two years ago dealt with all the delays and bullshit lies just to ask for a refund and get nothing for you putting up the money and waiting two years. I think it is bullshit they are building regulars while the ones who put up the money are getting bypassed.

I hate to say I agree with you. The most important people are the guys that put money up FIRST. To hear standards are being made for operators ahead of the early orders is not good in any way for business. The more I think of it the more in makes me a little upset for the guys waiting for the LE's. I wonder how many LE's were purchased before the first standard order was taken??????

Just get a refund is a crap answer. I guess the only saving grace is that you could prob. get 8k+ for it by transferring it to someone else. If you are thinking of doing that I would do it quick because I do not think its going to be the next BBB or MM. It is a great feeling pin with a lot of innovation but its just another pin that will get old just like every other pin that you loved and played the heck out of.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Regulars were purchased along with LE's. distribs/ops bought LE's and regulars in parallel.
They are being built in the order purchased.

I thought Regulars were not even announced until months after the LE's went on sale?

#19 10 years ago

Jack needs standards out there on location and in distributor showrooms to help keep JJP alive. It makes sense to me. Yes, I have a WOZ ECLE on order and I am way back in the line. Let's just say there are 50 or 100 standards being scattered out in the world in advance of most of the ECLEs. I might get my ECLE 3 or 4 weeks later because of this. If that means JJP is a healthy going concern, so much the better. I want them around to build the Hobbit LE that I have on order too. It is just good business.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Pinchroma I heard nothing of Pro machines being sold until the price ticked up to 7500
At least that what the emails were leading us to believe at the time.
If it is in fact first come first serve still I have no issues. Zero. Anxcious as ever but A Ok.

The standards were always available. They were on the pinball sales website as well.

You will notice the standards aren't in customer homes. HU games were 99% LE's. there was a thread here on pinside a long time ago where people stated their game numbers and there were over 100 pinsiders with LE's and a I think 1 or 2 standards.

They are all being built in order with very few exceptions like the game for the Seattle pinball museum or papa.

#21 10 years ago

The other thing I notice is not many (any) people complaining about the Metallica order of events? I bought mine a week ago (pro) and it came already. Way ahead of the people who purchased 4 months ago. LE's were announced first but all the distribs got pro's.

Getting distribs and ops games has always been an industry standard. No one bats an eye at that normally.

#22 10 years ago

When I ordered my ECLE in March of 2012, I had the option of standard or ECLE. I chose the ECLE.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The other thing I notice is not many (any) people complaining about the Metallica order of events? I bought mine a week ago (pro) and it came already. Way ahead of the people who purchased 4 months ago. LE's were announced first but all the distribs got pro's.
Getting distribs and ops games has always been an industry standard. No one bats an eye at that normally.

That's really not a fair comparison though is it? WOZ owners put their money down years ago. Not months. Not saying there's anything wrong with how JJP's doing things, but you can't empathize with their frustration?

#24 10 years ago

Standards were not always available they were announced after hundreds of LEs were ordered and the price went up to 7500. then the pricing for standards was announced. jack needs to take care of the hundreds that started his company not distributors / showrooms / and locations. If he made these guys wait 2.5 years why can't he let the distributors etc. wait a couple months since production is ramping up to whatever amount a week?

The more I think about it the more it bothers me. The only reason this has happened is because of the HUO orders! I will check tomorrow to see if this woz is numbered as the standards being sold are to be numbered to 1000 THEN regular standards without numbers....so there should be 2000 pins made with numbers before non numbers hit the road correct???

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

4 months is a lot different then 2.5 years

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

When I ordered my ECLE in March of 2012, I had the option of standard or ECLE. I chose the ECLE.

that was more then a year after they went on sale.

#27 10 years ago

Can anyone tell me how long LE's were on sale before they announced the standards for sale??

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

why can't he let the distributors etc. wait a couple months

Because distributors sell more games when they have a sample on the floor.

#29 10 years ago

All standards are numbered at this point. Haven't hit 1000 standards yet. People can pick their standard number as well though so the actual number doesn't mean anything with regards to order.

#30 10 years ago

Because distributors sell more games when they have a sample on the floor.

Great so the business practice is to screw the guys giving their money up 2.5 years ago so he can make more money now that they are finally being built????

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

All standards are numbered at this point. Haven't hit 1000 standards yet. People can pick their standard number as well though so the actual number doesn't mean anything with regards to order.

I understand that but cannot for the life of me recall this pin having a number. Where are the standards numbered?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Great so the business practice is to screw the guys giving their money up 2.5 years ago so he can make more money now that they are finally being built????

As I posted earlier, a few days of production to put some standards out there doesn't make me feel like I'm being screwed.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

That's really not a fair comparison though is it? WOZ owners put their money down years ago. Not months. Not saying there's anything wrong with how JJP's doing things, but you can't empathize with their frustration?

I absolutely empathize because I know I'm working my fingers to the bone on development and packaging and infrastructure and Keith/Ted are working ungodly hours to make sure everyone is happy. Production is ramping up quickly.

It is very difficult to train people properly especially without a pre-established precedent. I run call centers as part of my day job.. It takes weeks of training just to get someone to read a screen and answer a call properly when everything is handed to them. A skilled position assembling parts/playfields is a big feat. Quality is everything. Do something right the first time so you don't have to fix it later.

#34 10 years ago

Listen Im not a Jack buster, I think he is doing great things for the hobby and/or business of routing pins. I'm just not liking what I think im seeing.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

4 months is a lot different then 2.5 years

The principle is exactly the same.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I absolutely empathize because I know I'm working my fingers to the bone on development and packaging and infrastructure and Keith/Ted are working ungodly hours to make sure everyone is happy. Production is ramping up quickly.
It is very difficult to train people properly especially without a pre-established precedent. I run call centers as part of my day job.. It takes weeks of training just to get someone to read a screen and answer a call properly when everything is handed to them. A skilled position assembling parts/playfields is a big feat. Quality is everything. Do something right the first time so you don't have to fix it later.

Now that's a quality response. Thanks, Alex.

#37 10 years ago

As I posted earlier, a few days of production to put some standards out there doesn't make me feel like I'm being screwed.

As of today 100 pins takes a lot longer then a few days......

How many playfields have been sold? How many mini playfields have been sold? How many translites? Distributors didn't buy them did they?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The principle is exactly the same.

We will see... how many pre-orders are there for TH? I bet its not as many as WOZ. I want Jack to be successful but am worried that too many that would put money upfront AGAIN won't be doing so.

#39 10 years ago

I thought the play fields were seconds.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

How many playfields have been sold? How many mini playfields have been sold? How many translites? Distributors didn't buy them did they?

Don't know if it matters, but at least some distributors bought translites and backglasses, etc. We've seen them here on Pinside in pictures as some of the first WOZ's hit their showroom. And some distributors had them for sale.

LTG : )

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't know if it matters, but at least some distributors bought translites and backglasses, etc. We've seen them here on Pinside in pictures as some of the first WOZ's hit their showroom. And some distributors had them for sale.
LTG : )

Thats right one distributor at Allentown was giving to a charity from the sales of the pfs...........

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alex, you ordered your pro 3 weeks ago and Metallica was announced 2 months ago .

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The standards were always available. They were on the pinball sales website as well.
You will notice the standards aren't in customer homes. HU games were 99% LE's. there was a thread here on pinside a long time ago where people stated their game numbers and there were over 100 pinsiders with LE's and a I think 1 or 2 standards.
They are all being built in order with very few exceptions like the game for the Seattle pinball museum or papa.

So right from the off when ECLE were available for $6500, standards were available and being sold? How much were they listed for on the Pinball Sales website? $5500? I think a few more would have been bought by home users if that was the price. If the standards were listed at $6500 then why would an op choose a standard over the ECLE?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

So right from the off when ECLE were available for $6500, standards were available and being sold?

I don't think so ? I don't remember anyone other that TaylorVA getting a standard when LEs were still available . Who knows a lot of things have happened in 2.5 years .

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Alex is dealing in just the facts,again? "3 WEEKS AGO | # QUOTE | !! © | IGNORE
"Ordered a Pro.. hopefully here soon". Alex said that 3 weeks ago .
And who the hell ordered Metallica 4 months ago ? Metallica was announced officially 2 months ago !
Pro are always first, FACT !

Actually Pros are usually last...LEs were first for a while there including xmen and I think avengers.

And this whole Standards going to ops and distributors alongside LEs was stated all along by JJP. I'm sure Joe Blow home user isn't getting a standard now first for home use. They probably have to provide proof of distributorship or location. It's not a big deal...it gets more people playing it.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No, they were not ! Fact.

Well I don't know but I strongly suspect that standard WOZs were being sold from Day 1 or maybe even before then to 'certain parties' for 'an undisclosed price' good enough to tempt them over the ECLE for $6500.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Actually Pros are usually last

A mixed bag ,acdc pro first

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Well I don't know but I strongly suspect that standard WOZs were being sold from Day 1

I can't say Fact and should not have said anything .

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Um... I'm not too certain of this one. I didn't really want to get into this... but this very thing has been bugging me a bit.

First, here's a direct quote from the October 16, 2011 newsletter:

"We are now taking Pre-Orders for the Wizard of Oz Pinball, (Non- ECLE) that has a link below. The Pre-Order Price is $6500.00 with just a $250.00 deposit. The first 1,000 games will be numbered. If you would like a specific number, when ordering please provide number(s) requests in the comments section."

This would imply that this was the first announcement of a Standard version. There are NO links in all prior newsletters to order the Standard version, but they appear in every newsletter past this.

But we don't even have to assume, we can go and confirm it via the Way Back Machine. First, see this snapshot from August 20, 2011 showing only the ECLE available for sale on PinballSales.com, and then this snapshot from November 5, 2011 showing both ECLE and Standard machines for sale.

Hundreds and hundreds of LEs were sold before October 2011. Now, were Standards available earlier than this in secret? Who knows, besides someone who bought one. But I certainly can't see a huge percentage of Day 1 orders being Standards, and in a video posted a few weeks ago, 10 out of 12 machines in final testing where the trim color was visible... were Standards.

I can certainly see building some "out of sequence" Standards simply to get machines out there in the public eye. But while production is so slow and while you have so many customers waiting 29-30 months for their games, I would keep that to a maximum of 10-20% of production.

#50 10 years ago

I found out about Woz in January release and ordered in early March.....

I don't recall have the option to buy a regular at that time but it may have been that there was talk about the LE discount price expiring soon and the price going up and when that happened you'd be able to get a regular at 6500.....

If you could order a regular from day one, what did it cost? $6500? Why would you order a Regular when you could have had an LE for the same price if that was the case?.....

That said, who cares, its only pinball...not some IRS conspiracy....hmmm, maybe it is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-standard-in-the-wild-on-the-ocean-city-nj-boardwalk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.