• Latest reply 5 years ago by Lilpro66
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

006.JPG
001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have it dialed in perfectly in test, but when I'm actually playing the house doesn't stop in the right position and the legs hardly pop out if at all.

Anyone else run into this?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

During game play does it always stop at the same spot ?
If so, over compensate for it when you dial it in.
There have been a few brought to my attention, but I didn't hear afterwards so no idea the cure.
LTG : )

That's the problem. It seems like the house doesn't always stop in the same spot during a real game.

I believe my settings are +8 on the house and 17 or 18 on the coil.

Could it be a code problem not seen in test? I have tried to over compensate the settings but it didn't work either.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

OK - adding to this thread. The video posted above is fantastic because it shows you what you need to adjust to get it right. I am not trying to insult anyone, but even with the video, I had a hard time. I believe the reason I had such a hard time was because I didn't understand how it worked. So in my simple layman's terms - here goes:
- The house spins and eventually stops. If you look underneath the witches door, there is a black plunger. That plunger is what actually pushes the witch's door.
- By changing the first setting (the house delay), you are actually changing the position where the house stops - relative to the plunger. The plunger needs to be in the right spot for physics to allow it to lever the witch door down.
- Adding numbers to the setting moves the house counterclockwise. Reducing numbers of that setting move the house clockwise. So you are basically adjusting where the house stops each time to try and align the plunger in the right spot to give you a 90 degree door when the witches feet are down.
- The second adjustment is force of the coil so you are not overpowering the door or reducing the life of the coil. Once you have adjusted step one satisfactorily, just as the video says, adjust the force so that the door goes down. In mine this was very noticeable. One number off and the door would not go down. Upped it by one and the door went a perfect 90 and stayed as it should while the coil was firing.
- Only other point I would make is that as you do step one, and you make a change to that value - spin the house before you check the witch's door. You have to do that with each time you change a value because remember - those values are what is determining where the house stops relative to the plunger for the witch's door.
I hope I have not offended anyone by posting these and the video is VERY good and was a great deal of help, but if I had has this little bit of information, it would have gone a lot quicker for me. All the best.

This is a great writeup, but I still had it behave perfectly in test and inconsistently in actual gameplay. I'll poke around under the playfield tonight.

#30 10 years ago

I had the playfield up last night to adjust a few switches, double checked all of the connectors for the mini playfield (none felt loose), and every time since then the house has performed during actual gameplay (without adjusting my test mode settings.) Looks like misc90 may have been on to something.

4 months later
#63 9 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Well, replaced motor and optical disk and same issue. Recalibrated it once it was all put back together and it seemed to drop correctly twice, then back to the old bag of tricks....Officially frustrated.

What coil setting are you using?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zucot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-spinning-house-calibration-problem?tu=zucot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.