• Latest reply 5 years ago by Lilpro66
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

006.JPG
001.JPG
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. It sometimes stops a little bit off the mark and when that happens the door doesn't go all the way down. Not a big deal but would be nice if it worked properly everytime.

Seeing the same after calibration and running 1.25 .

#52 10 years ago

+1

#53 10 years ago

My house is holding its calibration perfectly and bending the tang on the switch for the flying monkey has it picking up the ball every time now.

4 months later
#54 9 years ago

Ok - Reviving this thread because frankly it's annoying. Calibrated in test mode, and when I go to the game, the house stops at a different point every time. It's slight enough that the legs pop out a different amount every time. In test, they seem to pop out as they should. I have checked and triple checked every connector. Optos are tight. I have seen from this thread that I am not the only one having this issue, just wondering if anyone has figured out a solution to it. Why would it work right in test and not in game mode. Hoping for some thoughts from the pros. Thanks!

And you can't just calibrate by compensation because the house doesn't stop in the same spot everytime...Tried that too...

#55 9 years ago

Make the hole bigger?

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Make the hole bigger?

???

It looks like this is a known issue/design flaw. I hope JJP fixes it. The spinning house and legs are a great feature.

#57 9 years ago

The hole where the pin comes up into the floor of the house. If it were larger, maybe the spin stop would not need to be so accurate.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The hole where the pin comes up into the floor of the house. If it were larger, maybe the spin stop would not need to be so accurate.

I've had it apart. The legs are on a piece of metal that is L-Shaped. The solenoid plunger pushs up one side of the right angle so other side comes down (the legs come out). And that's the problem. If the plunger is close enough to to the vertex of that 90 degree angle so the legs drop nicely every time, the plunger will likely get jammed. Then the house gets stuck (won't turn).

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Na, as some people mentioned here, I only looped the house enough times once. When the ball fell through the Munchkin playfield, I saw the magnet under there grab the ball for the first time, so my eyes were drawn on that.
I am sure my machine is ok, its just me. I need to get better at it

I reduced the # of loops it takes to start the munchkin mode so I could start it more often, I'll bump it back up later tho.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I reduced the # of loops it takes to start the munchkin mode so I could start it more often, I'll bump it back up later tho.

oops, didnt realize how old this thread was. lol. if there is anyone still having house calibration issues i'd re-open a ticket with JJP support, seems like this stuff has already been taken care of. (i followed the video too and mine has been working like a champ ever since)

#61 9 years ago

I still have an open ticket with JJP and so far - no solution. No one has any idea why it does it, but it happens with A LOT of people's machines. Unfortunately, it has not "been taken care of."

I took the mini playfield off again today and pulled the motor, etc off to ensure everything was put back tight. There is still a "slight" amount of slop in the house, but that is not going away. Those allen screws are cranked tight - so tight I broke off the tip of one of my allen tips in one of the screws....Not a big deal, but they are tight!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tc2ywmnc_no

Haven't put it back together yet, but I have no allusions that it will work properly...

#62 9 years ago

Well, replaced motor and optical disk and same issue. Recalibrated it once it was all put back together and it seemed to drop correctly twice, then back to the old bag of tricks....Officially frustrated.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Well, replaced motor and optical disk and same issue. Recalibrated it once it was all put back together and it seemed to drop correctly twice, then back to the old bag of tricks....Officially frustrated.

What coil setting are you using?

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What coil setting are you using?

Doesn't matter. Not trying to be sarcastic, but it doesn't. At the moment I am at 14/15 respectively but the numbers each game may need for cal is totally different so you can't compare them I the settings for another game. To put it in perspective, before I swapped the motor I was at 7/13 dialed in. Now I am at 14/15 dialed in. It's not a coil settings issue.

#65 9 years ago

i didn't realize this affected alot of machines (not being sarcastic) I would skip the ticket then and email the JJP brain trust (Jack, Lloyd and Alex) and see what is being done. I've had to do this b4 when a ticket fell through the cracks.

Have you posted this in the JJP google group too? (I havent been on there in ages so i am kinda out of the loop)

Hope it gets fixed PDQ, keep us posted on the progress.

#66 9 years ago

PM Lloyd and see what he thinks, mine started acting up as well today.

Like Paul said, I can't quite get it calibrated where the house won't get stuck and not spin from the plunger.

As long as the house spins properly, I'm not gonna freak out about it.

Sometimes in test mode I can get the legs to drop perfectly and then they seem to get stuck and won't recoil.

4 years later
#67 5 years ago

I realize I'm resurrecting a pretty old thread here. So if no one has posted in four years, I'm curious - anyone else still having this problem? My spinning house works perfectly in test mode every time, but like others have reported - it never stops correctly in-game.

Code has now been updated to 6.61. Does overcompensating with fine tuning the house in test mode still not work in a real game? (But if that now does work, I'll set some time to find the correct sweet spot.)

#68 5 years ago

After reading this I just realized that the wall drop never worked on mine.

Im running 6.10. Door drops and closes fine on coil test, however when testing the spinning house the coil doesnt even fire.

Edit: Figured out how to drop the door, but I guess Im confused as to when this event occurres in game.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

anyone else still having this problem? My spinning house works perfectly in test mode every time, but like others have reported - it never stops correctly in-game.

Yes, I'm on the latest software as well and regardless of the setting, it is all over the map. Previous software was the same way for me. It might line up perfectly once during gameplay then be rotate too short, too long, or anywhere in between over the next who knows how many plays. If the legs come out perfectly for me or even at all most of the time... I'm amazed. I've followed this procedure to no avail:

I will say though that this boils down to software AND the hardware. The software settings in the "test" and the settings during game play do NOT match at all. You need to adjust for the difference between test and gameplay with trial and error. I've spent months going "one setting at a time" from WAY out of whack to "inconsistent but works OCCASIONALLY" all the way to way out of whack again. So I'm convinced even if the settings between Test and Gameplay did match, it doesn't matter because the hardware sucks. It is completely inconsistent, at least on my machine it is (RR 75th manufactured Jan of 2018). Why they didn't use a stepper motor for the spinning house is my question. Seems to me (the non designer/and idiot consumer) that this would have solved the issue... but what do I know.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I guess Im confused as to when this event occurres in game.

Shoot all the rainbow targets. Then up the ramp (as long as lock is NOT lit) to start the spinning house. The audio call out will say "looks like there is a twister coming" and "It's a twister" lamp under the ramp lights after you hit enough rainbow targets. Shoot the ball around the house X number of times in a row to start munchkin mode which stops the spinning house, fires the coil and drops the legs.

#71 5 years ago

It doesn't sound like there's a single person out there that can get it to work right every time.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

After reading this I just realized that the wall drop never worked on mine.
Im running 6.10. Door drops and closes fine on coil test, however when testing the spinning house the coil doesnt even fire.
Edit: Figured out how to drop the door, but I guess Im confused as to when this event occurres in game.

The coil for the witch legs should not fire when the house is spinning. Once you have shot the ball around the house the required number of times, then the house will stop spinning and the coil for the legs should fire to attempt to pop out the legs. If the calibration for the legs is not right then the coil will fire but will not push the plate that makes the legs pop out.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The coil for the witch legs should not fire when the house is spinning. Once you have shot the ball around the house the required number of times, then the house will stop spinning and the coil for the legs should fire to attempt to pop out the legs. If the calibration for the legs is not right then the coil will fire but will not push the plate that makes the legs pop out.

Once in awhile you have to physically turn the house a couple clicks if the legs jam or don't come down.

Calibration of the house is more artform than science !

The idea is to get it to work mostly. From legs 100% down to about 75% down.

And turn the house manually every couple hundred plays a click or 2 for maintenance.

I can get it to work perfectly, but once in awhile I have to move the house a little without going thru a calibration marathon.

It works for me.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from kickthefog:

Shoot all the rainbow targets. Then up the ramp (as long as lock is NOT lit) to start the spinning house. The audio call out will say "looks like there is a twister coming" and "It's a twister" lamp under the ramp lights after you hit enough rainbow targets. Shoot the ball around the house X number of times in a row to start munchkin mode which stops the spinning house, fires the coil and drops the legs.

Ok, well I have activated munchkin mode, but I dont think my coil fires under the house after it stops spinning.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Ok, well I have activated munchkin mode, but I dont think my coil fires under the house after it stops spinning.

Test it in the device tests or coil tests.

Pull out the upper white switch to the left of the open coin door to power the coils with door open.

If it won't fire look for loose wires under the playfield.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

If the house is way out of calibration the door won't move at all. The black plastic peg will just hit the wood.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

You have to finish the munchkin mode not just start it to get the door to open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-spinning-house-calibration-problem/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.