(Topic ID: 147758)

WOZ sound question

By joemagiera

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Really like my WOZ, however the sound seems "wrong" in one area. On my game, in the upper right, the skill shot area, there are no enhanced sounds. Just the basic, pretty quiet sounds. When the ball is bouncing around in that small section of the playfield (the lanes and the bumpers), there are no loud sounds, just the raw sounds from the playfield pieces. It noticeably stands out. I hope this is making sense. Asking if this is standard for a WOZ or is there something going on in my game? It's always been like this, since coming out of the box. If this isn't making sense, I can record it. Can any WOZ owners comment?

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech.net)
[email protected]

#2 8 years ago

There definitely are sounds for the rollovers and sling shot in the upper right of the playfield. When you do hit the skill shot it says "well played". Hope that helps.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

There definitely are sounds for the rollovers and sling shot in the upper right of the playfield. When you do hit the skill shot it says "well played". Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you very much. Hmmm.... sounds like I have a sound issue. Kind of strange in that the sounds are out in one area of the game, but appear to be working in all other sections and aspects of the game. I definitely don't get the "well played" when making the skill shot.

Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Joe

#4 8 years ago

That is really weird. The slingshot and rollovers should be making a kind of chime noise on each hit. If the hits themselves are registering as points and awarding the skill shot, then it's not a mechanical issue ... All I can think of is software. Maybe try re-installing the game with the latest full image code release through the USB.

#5 8 years ago

They upgraded the sound from the motherboard pins to the output jack on the back of the motherboard. Contact Jersey Jack pinball

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

The slingshot and rollovers should be making a kind of chime noise on each hit. If the hits themselves are registering as points and awarding the skill shot, then it's not a mechanical issue

The hits are registering and points are scoring. I will be opening it up tomorrow to check further. I do have the latest code installed. Upgraded without problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-sound-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.