Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by apinballwiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5370MA31570440-0001 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

There is definitely a problem with the sound on this game I just got. Sometimes when you start a game the volume is very low, then as the game goes on it gradually gets louder, then back down in a minute. Other times it starts out normal and then gradually gets lower. Tried resetting the cables, same thing. One cable to the left speaker is loose, but jiggling it around made no difference. Don't know if this has anything to do with it but there is a loose piece of silver metal in both speaker grills, please see pic. Any help would be most appreciated, this is really sapping the fun out of the game. Very aggravating...

IMG_5370MA31570440-0001 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

I would remove any RCA audio cables from the back of the big metal box and inside to the audio board. Clean them. Then plug back in and see if things improve.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would remove any RCA audio cables from the back of the big metal box and inside to the audio board. Clean them. Then plug back in and see if things improve.

Thank you, I'll give that a try. What's the best thing to clean them with? Also, any thoughts as to where those silver metal pieces came from, and are they safe to leave in there? Looks like tabs of some sort.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

What's the best thing to clean them with?

Isopropyl alcohol.

Quoted from apinballwiz:

Also, any thoughts as to where those silver metal pieces came from, and are they safe to leave in there? Looks like tabs of some sort.

Sorry, no idea.

#5 2 years ago

Had the same issue where the voice volume would dip super low during games to the point you current hear. I had to input a ticket and buy a $30 part. With my game being so new, I thought JJP would cover it much like Stern does, but nope. Fixed it though.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

this is really sapping the fun out of the game. Very aggravating...

If this is the only problem you have with your new WOZ75, consider yourself VERY lucky, bubba. For now, anyway. :-/

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

If this is the only problem you have with your new WOZ75, consider yourself VERY lucky, bubba. For now, anyway. :-/

Actually bought a used HUO one that was supposed to be 100% working. Let's just hope it's a cable problem that I overlooked...

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Actually bought a used HUO one that was supposed to be 100% working. Let's just hope it's a cable problem that I overlooked...

Most likely something shifted during transport, do a nice slow check through everything. I know this machine came from a great seller so I'm sure it is as stated in sale, just sometimes these little gremlins happen when moved. Pinball machines in general don't like to be moved when they are comfortable. I'm sure the problem will be located and corrected.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Most likely something shifted during transport, do a nice slow check through everything. I know this machine came from a great seller so I'm sure it is as stated in sale, just sometimes these little gremlins happen when moved. Pinball machines in general don't like to be moved when they are comfortable. I'm sure the problem will be located and corrected.

Thank you, I appreciate your input....

#10 2 years ago

There is a black piece of plastic/rubber holding the left and right channel (white and red) wires together. See where yours is at....if its close to the ends that plug into the computer, slide it back far enough so that each channel (white and red) are separated on their own. It may appear that the plug is plugged in but it might be slightly removed from the computer causing the sound not to work properly out of that channel. When the playfield is pushed back in, you wouldn't notice the wire slightly coming out. If you pull back the wire holder and give each channel slack, then it should stay seated into the computer. Give it a try. Like others said, if the sound is working then its probably just a loose connection. Remember, the Ruby Red 75th has a shaker and if the shaker is moving a lot it causes vibrations and could easily have caused this too. Might happen to your monitor....if it cuts out and says no signal but is powered on, its likely a simple re-seat of the DV-I cable and you are good to go. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

There is a black piece of plastic/rubber holding the left and right channel (white and red) wires together. See where yours is at....if its close to the ends that plug into the computer, slide it back far enough so that each channel (white and red) are separated on their own. It may appear that the plug is plugged in but it might be slightly removed from the computer causing the sound not to work properly out of that channel. When the playfield is pushed back in, you wouldn't notice the wire slightly coming out. If you pull back the wire holder and give each channel slack, then it should stay seated into the computer. Give it a try. Like others said, if the sound is working then its probably just a loose connection. Remember, the Ruby Red 75th has a shaker and if the shaker is moving a lot it causes vibrations and could easily have caused this too. Might happen to your monitor....if it cuts out and says no signal but is powered on, its likely a simple re-seat of the DV-I cable and you are good to go. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes.

I will. Thank you so much for your reply, man you guys are awesome.

#12 1 year ago

Okay....
First I want to thank everyone for their input, I really appreciate it. Like I said above, you guys are awesome.

I pulled every RCA plug I could find as LLoyd suggested, cleaned them with alcohol and crimped the prongs closer together with pliers for a tighter fit going back in. Also took Guzz4851's suggestion and checked that rubber/plastic piece holding the left and right channel wires and it was close to the plugs connecting to the computer and moved it to separate the wires. So far after around 15 games I think it happened once - a far cry from every game!

Am hoping the problem is fixed, and have you folks to thank for it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benicia, CA
$ 11,500.00
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, TX
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside