Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sunfox
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well i checked alot of videos of this game now. Hopping to get one in december.

The main song is playing ALOT.
Did JJP buy all rights? Or can they use any songs from the movie?

I havent heard "If I Only Had the Nerve","If I Only Had a Heart" or "If I Only Had a Brain" and all of them should be a move i think?

Also Ding-dong! The Witch Is Dead as end of wizard mod would be great.

Any news about this?

#2 10 years ago

It would be nice for them to mix it up a bit. If they have the license I assume they can put all the music they want from the movie in the pin. I'm sure keith has some ideas yet to come in software release.

#3 10 years ago

Dark side of the moon?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Dark side of the moon?

That should be the midnight madness mode.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Dark side of the moon?

Has been addressed multiple times and cannot happen. The license holder will not allow this. Jack has said that very directly.

#6 10 years ago

I am amazed someone hasn't bought a bunch of clear acrylic horses, stuffed a color changing led it them and sold the $200.00 Horse of a Different Color mod.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Has been addressed multiple times and cannot happen. The license holder will not allow this. Jack has said that very directly.

It was a joke.

#8 10 years ago

We need some french guy to hack the software.

#9 10 years ago

Old joke. Old and tired. And lame.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Ooh burn.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wah

#12 10 years ago

There are some cool tracks for Rescuse Multiball, Munchkin multiball, munchkin modes, and a few others that I've heard play.

I heard a rumor a while back that the final wizard mode will have a rock version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow being played. For a wizard mode I much rather have that then the actual song from Wizard of Oz. The songs that are in the game just fit it very well as I think some of the actual movie soundtrack songs would feel too slow for the game.

#13 10 years ago

How bout The Geezinslaws - "Over The Rainbow"

#14 10 years ago

It shouldn't be difficult to allow user-supplied content on that platform. It's just a matter of time before the OS is rooted like an iPhone.

#15 10 years ago

Iz was a pinball fan and played at the International Marketplace Arcade, I bet he would have loved WoZ.

#16 10 years ago

Besides songs....why not original voices from the movie??? How come they used TERRIBLE voice actors?? I almost traded my METLE for a WOZLE but the voices were horrendous! Do they not own rights to voice clips? There are a ton to use and integrate...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

It shouldn't be difficult to allow user-supplied content on that platform. It's just a matter of time before the OS is rooted like an iPhone.

You think? . If you can figure out how to break aes256 and some how get different objects to maintain the checksum of the original file then sure it's no problem

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Besides songs....why not original voices from the movie??? How come they used TERRIBLE voice actors?? I almost traded my METLE for a WOZLE but the voices were horrendous! Do they not own rights to voice clips? There are a ton to use and integrate...

I think it's because they can't isolate the dialogue from the background noise/music. Someone said that's a problem with the new Star Trek, I think. Think about it...if you have the MIDI music playing, and dialogue from the movie comes in with it's own background noise, it'd be a mess. The only choice you have is to use the real actors to record separate callouts...and those actors ain't talkin'!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You think? . If you can figure out how to break aes256 and some how get different objects to maintain the checksum of the original file then sure it's no problem

hahahaha

no need to break the encryption... there's off-the-shelf forensics tools that can snag the private key from memory

that checksum code never gets executed in the first place...

cracking that system would probably not be very difficult in the larger echelon of challenges.. it's just a question of whether anyone would even want to.. whether there's any great reward in doing so

If I were in JJP's position, I wouldn't try too hard to make the system un-hackable... probably the best thing that could happen to JJP is for their proprietary system to be more utilitarian and useful by customers. If users could crack the system and add their own content (totally unauthorized of course so JJP can't be held liable for licensing things) it would probably create a huge secondary market of plug-ins that would dramatically-increase the value of their products. Of course I doubt they would do this... but if Ben Heck does it like he says he's going to, both Stern and JJP may have to follow suit because the ability to add your own MP3s and content into the game would be a very hot ticket.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That sucks that Jack would go through that much trouble to keep us from enjoying our game to the fullest (assuming I get mine before I die).

At least my AC/DC now has all the songs **I** want hacked into it - thank you Stern!!!!!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think it's because they can't isolate the dialogue from the background noise/music. Someone said that's a problem with the new Star Trek, I think. Think about it...if you have the MIDI music playing, and dialogue from the movie comes in with it's own background noise, it'd be a mess. The only choice you have is to use the real actors to record separate callouts...and those actors ain't talkin'!

OK. Stupid question then....how do they isolate voices for other games (IJ, LOTR for example)? I am in no way a music/sound engineer. I would have no idea how to do it myself. I was just wondering why it is so difficult?

#22 10 years ago

LOTR used the actors...or so I've read on this forum. IJ may have used the actors for callouts...I'm not sure-haven't played that game in a while. Or they were able to isolate dialogue that didn't have bg noise or music. A lot of the dialogue in WOZ wouldn't be useful for the game - and the stuff that would, if they used it, would probably just make the cheesy imitations sound even worse. All conjecture, but it makes sense.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

That sucks that Jack would go through that much trouble to keep us from enjoying our game to the fullest (assuming I get mine before I die).
At least my AC/DC now has all the songs **I** want hacked into it - thank you Stern!!!!!

Has nothing to do with your enjoyment and everything to do with protecting intellectual property of the licensor as well as our custom development.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

hahahaha
no need to break the encryption... there's off-the-shelf forensics tools that can snag the private key from memory
that checksum code never gets executed in the first place...
cracking that system would probably not be very difficult in the larger echelon of challenges.. it's just a question of whether anyone would even want to.. whether there's any great reward in doing so
If I were in JJP's position, I wouldn't try too hard to make the system un-hackable... probably the best thing that could happen to JJP is for their proprietary system to be more utilitarian and useful by customers. If users could crack the system and add their own content (totally unauthorized of course so JJP can't be held liable for licensing things) it would probably create a huge secondary market of plug-ins that would dramatically-increase the value of their products. Of course I doubt they would do this... but if Ben Heck does it like he says he's going to, both Stern and JJP may have to follow suit because the ability to add your own MP3s and content into the game would be a very hot ticket.

You are assuming that it's a static private key and not otp. Bad assumption. And yes the checksum code does get launched and it's not even part of the game code. It's hidden elsewhere

#25 10 years ago

So there will be no more songs added to the game? The main rift just gets annoying and they need to change it up

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So there will be no more songs added to the game? The main rift just gets annoying and they need to change it up

Isn't that the case with the main theme song for every game other then ACDC and Metallica as those are music based? LOTR has the same main theme being played throughout the game, same with MM, Star Trek by Stern, XMEN, etc. The song changes though in all of these games, including WOZ, once a mode is started.

Also, as for custom voice work not by original actors (WOZ actors are deceased) I think WOZ has the best sounding ones. Most of the custom call outs seem spot on.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Of course I doubt they would do this... but if Ben Heck does it like he says he's going to, both Stern and JJP may have to follow suit because the ability to add your own MP3s and content into the game would be a very hot ticket.

I was thrilled to be able to change the songs on my Ac/dc to what I wanted, was that the original plan from Stern, doubt it, the band obviously wanted certain songs promoted and a few from the latest release......

As for JJP, its kind of a joke to say that they don't care about us not being able to enjoy our games to the fullest extent because from where i sit, they are the only ones, aside from Heck and Jpop that are catering to the HUO guy.......

Hello, the HUO guy is us, Stern said it himself again yesterday in so many words, its a "business decision" not to give a shit about the HUO guy, thus whether code gets done or not is irrelevant because Ops and the casual player don't really care much about completed code.....

So, get used to it, if you are going to buy a NIB from Stern and don't get your "timely code updates" just realize that its a business decision and its more important to crank out 2 1/2 games per year....

Stern won't even add a $2 headphone jack because its "on a long list of things that need to get done"......in other words, you don't need a headphone jack for a pin on route in a bar.........so "get out there into those bars, buy drinks and play some pinball"......the rest of you, we will do what we can, from a business standpoint

#28 10 years ago

This has been out for a while can someone please explain how the 75th logo is playing on an WOZECLE

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

» YouTube video

Wait a second is that a WOZ LE?? Did Jack give you a special code update or something to get that logo on your game?

#30 10 years ago

I don't believe any special code exists that includes the logo. Does anyone else know where I can get this update ?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

» YouTube video
This has been out for a while can someone please explain how the 75th logo is playing on an WOZECLE

It's magic! I'm sorry but nobody is allowed to look behind the curtain!

#32 10 years ago

Wow I wonder how he managed to do it. Not saying there isn't encryption though. Or it seriously could be as simple as swapping a hard drive from a 75th game!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Has nothing to do with your enjoyment and everything to do with protecting intellectual property of the licensor

Every Stern game is licensed.

Much cooler to let the determined end user customize the machine for his maximum enjoyment.

Go Stern !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

let the determined end user customize the machine for his maximum enjoyment

I don't think that was really intentional, seems like there is no verification of the update bin files though. If people have done that much with AC/DC then I'm glad WOZ is locked down... I couldn't imagine people putting all sorts of custom/dirty stuff in JJP games. Thanks for the efforts Alex!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I couldn't imagine people putting all sorts of custom/dirty stuff in JJP games.

It's a family game, so I couldn't imagine putting a bunch of dirty stuff in it either .

But if JJP went out of business, it would be good if code was serviceable and unencrypted so that it could one day be completed.

#36 10 years ago

About pinball call outs missing in the last few licenses. I think as a pinball manufacturer you should not only look at the title, but also at the opportunities been given with that license.

Can you use the music? Can you use all sounds from the movie? Are actors willing to help out?

If not? I would try to get another license which is great for pinball too but does has all what you want.

No original call outs in woz, which also misses a few main music songs, a start trek pin with almost nothing on it that reminds me of star trek at all. A ship and a few signs thats it. If you would replace the start trek signs with round lights, and remove the start trek word, it could be any general space pin.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

swapping a hard drive from a 75th game!

That could make some sense but I don't even think the 75th game was announced when that video was posted.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wow I wonder how he managed to do it. Not saying there isn't encryption though. Or it seriously could be as simple as swapping a hard drive from a 75th game!

Notice how you never see any actual gameplay screens whatsoever? Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. For example, I could easily duplicate the total content of that video right now simply by plugging a different computer into the VGA cable and playing back the 75th banner video file... which is accessible to anyone with the v1.22 delta update file.

Not saying that's what happened, but whomever posted that didn't go out of their way to prove that anything "special" was going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-so-why-not-add-songs-to-the-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.