Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Speed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SOON.png
pony_express.gif
code42.png
wizard-of-oz_good_witch.gif

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#2 8 years ago

Lets hope

#3 8 years ago

Not another jjp thread. Omg!

This machine is fricken late!

It will never be finished!

No way will I give money for th since woz is not finished.

I hate the theme!!!

Are those drywall screws holding it together?

Can the upper shot even be made with weak flippers?

The machine plays too slow

Did I say...this machine will never be made.

Did I miss any all u woz haters?

#4 8 years ago

I can't imagine the outcry if this date is missed too. For those that hung in there your reward is near.

#5 8 years ago

Let's see how long we can hold our breath...

#6 8 years ago

Ohh the machine contains 'widgets'

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

For those that hung in there your reward is near

all of us that hung in like to think that the "Journey is the reward"

#8 8 years ago

The release is imminent, why are people still questioning the release of this game? You have seen photos and videos of real production. He had an open house to see the installation stations, play the games. He explained there is a new board that he wants to load into his production machines and they will be installed in late FEB.

If you have any doubt, it should be with the maturity of the software. Currently it looks like a very early ruleset, but I would imagine in 6 weeks the software should be much farther along, maybe even now there is a more complete version that he's not showing. Give the guy a break already.

I look forward to playing one of these soon. I respect all the work thats been put into a new company and new game for us to enjoy.

#9 8 years ago

Really looking forward to seeing it!!!

#10 8 years ago

So the ship date got bumped again. It was supposed to start shipping in February.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The release is imminent, why are people still questioning the release of this game? You have seen photos and videos of real production. He had an open house to see the installation stations, play the games. He explained there is a new board that he wants to load into his production machines and they will be installed in late FEB.
If you have any doubt, it should be with the maturity of the software. Currently it looks like a very early ruleset, but I would imagine in 6 weeks the software should be much farther along, maybe even now there is a more complete version that he's not showing. Give the guy a break already.
I look forward to playing one of these soon. I respect all the work thats been put into a new company and new game for us to enjoy.

It is not if the machine will be built, but when
Jacks last date was end of Feb, I cannot see that happening

#12 8 years ago

Oy....

wizard-of-oz_good_witch.gif

#14 8 years ago

Except that isn't quite what Nick was told.

Probably start seeing them sooner.

LTG : )

#15 8 years ago

Theres no place like home

#16 8 years ago

Where did Jack debunk this?

#18 8 years ago

I would think it may be better to be a later delivery anyway. If new boards show up you may want to wait and make sure whatever they replaced is not still a potential issue.
The lesson of the day in my book is take a later delivery on any game.

#19 8 years ago

Here is Jack's quote from his site:

"I told Nick we announced production last March 13th and with all the
delays I would hope that we are shipping by this March
13th......that's what I said.....what he wrote is something else."

So lets calm down and get back into our waiting mode.

#21 8 years ago

Ya know...when it comes out...is when it comes out.

#22 8 years ago

Rome was not built over night...

#23 8 years ago

I heard JJP employed Chuck Norris. WOZ and Hobbit will be delivered worldwide at 8 a.m. tomorrow.

#24 8 years ago

Is that true??...or are you just joking?

#25 8 years ago

If enough threads are started with a delivery date, one of them will be right and knowing is half the battle.

#26 8 years ago

I heard the real indicator was when the parking lot at the assembly plant started filling up with workers cars. Are they there yet?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

Rome was not built over night...

One designed a pinball machine can be built in a day

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Not another jjp thread. Omg!

This machine is fricken late!

It will never be finished!

No way will I give money for th since woz is not finished.

I hate the theme!!!

Are those drywall screws holding it together?

Can the upper shot even be made with weak flippers?

The machine plays too slow

Did I say...this machine will never be made.

Did I miss any all u woz haters?

Add it's almost FEB 2013 and none shipped!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

One designed a pinball machine can be built in a day

Rolling Stones *cough*

#30 8 years ago

me thinks there should be a question mark after the title of this post.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

me thinks there should be a question mark after the title of this post?

Done.

#32 8 years ago

LOL Ted is that the WOZ bubble bursting

I am excited to see and play this game. I too hope this date is actual and not more missed deadlines.

#33 8 years ago

I meant to say once but that was funny =)

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I heard the real indicator was when the parking lot at the assembly plant started filling up with workers cars. Are they there yet?

Jack said they are "stacking up" the completed games and trying to have as many ready as possible to pretty much throw boards in and start shipping when the code is done. He says he has a lot of floorspace.

1 month later
#35 7 years ago

Anyone get their tracking number?

Straight answer?

Complete game?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Anyone get their tracking number?
Straight answer?
Complete game?

Nobody said the 13th was the day. The shipping WILL start later in the month. RUMOR has it that around the 23rd is the date.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Nobody said the 13th was the day.

Scroll up... click on the link at the top of this thread. Read the first paragraph.

#38 7 years ago

I don't have one on order, but the more I read about this machine the more I like it (still think the music is annoying)

I hope really it's awesome and that JJP goes on to set a new standard for quality & features in pinball. Can't wait til they have a theme I like or even better a good original theme - which I doubt we will ever see from JJP or Stern

#39 7 years ago

Not on this forum with this topic.

I'll let ya know when I get mine, if you get yours first let me know so I can come up there.

#40 7 years ago

<faux shock>Jack missed another delivery date?!?!?!</faux shock>

You'll know it's shipped when it's sitting in your game room.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Here is Jack's quote from his site:

"I told Nick we announced production last March 13th and with all the
delays I would hope that we are shipping by this March
13th......that's what I said.....what he wrote is something else."

So lets calm down and get back into our waiting mode.

Quoted from ChadH:

Scroll up... click on the link at the top of this thread. Read the first paragraph.

You need to scroll up and then back down a bit. Then read the forums more. JJP made it very clear they did not say this ; )

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

You need to scroll up and then back down a bit.

Ok, let's just take a step back... no I was wrong, I'm sorry, take a step forward... now take a step back... step forward... step back... and then were Cha-Cha-ing!

#44 7 years ago

Several years ago Gene Cunningham planned to make only 183 Big Bang Bars (I believe limited by Capcom PCBs he had available) and pre-sold a few less than that. We were asked to pay 50% down and then invoiced for the other 50% less than four months later. After that we were given the opportunity to order and pay in full for game-specific spare parts. I chose to order $500 worth while others ordered even more, some even going for an expensive spare playfield. We waited more than two and a half years before we got our games (and keep in mind that all Gene had to do was have components manufactured and then assemble the games because all design and programming had already been done by Capcom). A few BBBs were exported to Europe shortly before anyone in the USA got their's, because they had to be received in Europe before a ban on imports containing lead-based solder went into effect. Those in the USA got to pick up our BBBs on a Saturday in July 2007 designated by Gene as Big Bang Bar pickup day. Some people were really worried about their investment during that long wait, since Gene had never built a complete game before and he had incorporated a separate company for BBB assembly so no one could go after his personal finances or his other company should the endeavor fail.

I relate this story for those waiting for WOZ. Building a pinball machine is a huge undertaking for any company that has never made one before. JJP has had to design and program the game and create all the artwork for WOZ, in addition to everything IPB did to build BBB. Based on how long IPB took for BBB, three years would seem to be a reasonable timetable for any new company to accomplish all of this. Try to be patient. Once you have your game (with full software) the rest of us will be envious (me included, since I can't afford one).

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Building a pinball machine is a huge undertaking for any company that has never made one before.

I ASSume the part that erks everyone is the attitude of the entire thing. It seems to be the classic "how hard can it be" idea that they claim they will make this machine, it will be awesome, Sterns dicking you around, watch how easy it is! Well...waiting & waiting & waiting and obviously it isn't as easy as he thought it would be. Stern is fraudulant in sending games without software updates, I guess moving aorund shipping dates and all that is fine then?

#46 7 years ago

Im venting because I have quietly waited for a long time and finally send an email that was responded to with a get right back with details that never came. Phone messages not returned and a complete lack of professionalism.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It was a reporter that wrote that the day for the first shipping was going to be the 13th. Jack quickly refuted what the reporter had stated and said he did not know where the reporter got that other than maybe he misunderstood a comment about a March 13, 2012 date.
Jack has emphatically stated that some machines will ship to customers this month without specifically giving a day. I expect he will be true to his word this time, but if he is not then feel free to rail on this subject and Jack.
All I am saying is give him(Jack) this month to see whether he is true to his word THIS time.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

All I am saying is give him(Jack) this month to see whether he is true to his word THIS time.

*facepalm*

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Im venting because I have quietly waited for a long time and finally send an email that was responded to with a get right back with details that never came. Phone messages not returned and a complete lack of professionalism.

Would you share your emails to them that were not responded to and what was the nature of your phone message questions/statements that they failed to respond to?
Thanks,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Green Bay, WI
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside