Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GaryMartin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130811_221701.jpg
20131028-Wizard-of-Oz-Pinball-IMG_3820.jpg
image-565.jpg
image.jpg
image-879.jpg
image.jpg
Woz LE 028.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

So, I am not a pinball wiz and I haven't been able to play this game that much - but I finally got my name up on my machine! 365,819 gave me spot #2.

What are your scores and scoring strategies? I am running 1.21.

The Lion said "You're king of the pin!" When I put my initials in - pretty cool!

#2 6 years ago

Well, I guess no one else is playing WOZ tonight...

#3 6 years ago

My hi so far is 693,000
epic game,tons of fun for sure

#4 6 years ago

Oops,pic or it didn't happen Woz LE 028.jpg

#5 6 years ago

You are right - here is the pic!

image.jpg
#6 6 years ago

You had a great game there pingod!

#7 6 years ago

And mine.....oddly, got them both on 1.18......1.21 has been kicking my ass, as I'm trying to focus on certain points/ modes and really haven't had a great game with it....1.21 SMOKES!!!

image-879.jpg
#8 6 years ago

Btw...pounding rainbow in munchkinland seemed to be the ticket for big scores for me.....I think I'm too focused on the witch right now...killing me for some reason, and can't let it go until I figure out how to consistently nail her....

#9 6 years ago

Wow...that KEF guy has played on ALL our machines? That's f-ed up, man!

#10 6 years ago

Yeah...not to mention the JJP dude as grand champion!!! He must have designed the game or something....oh wait a minute!!!.... ...something not right about that......

#11 6 years ago

I completed the munchkin lock/mb twice, rescued Dorothy, slowly beginning to hit the crystal ball shot about every 4th try. In general just getting to learn the game. I haven't read any of the rule descriptions as yet.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Btw...pounding rainbow in munchkinland seemed to be the ticket for big scores for me.....I think I'm too focused on the witch right now...killing me for some reason, and can't let it go until I figure out how to consistently nail her....

Left flipper bounce off rainbow targets for witch hit.
I do it all the time.

#13 6 years ago

RTR....I'm with you.....haven't read the rules on purpose (yet) and just trying to figure it out w what's been presented on the screen and table ( yes, I find the screen useful at times w hurry ups, but will cause me to drain, as well...sort of like texting and driving)....ALOT going on already....once in rescue multiball, house spinning, and freakin lights go out or full on from crystal ball, I sort of go into self defense mode..mind blowing would be an accurate description .....mark

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You had a great game there pingod!

Thanks,that was before the new code as well.
Unfortunately my game is down,getting all new boards installed.
Trading out the 5 volt boards for 7.5 volt,also adding new power supply,to run them.
I did have the Led boards go out on half the playfield,this should fix that for good.

#15 6 years ago

Pingod......I get it....but she has 2 switches up there, and can't quite get my consistency to hit her off the rainbow yet...I'll hit the left one, but the right one ( twice) kills me if I get caught in the forest or worse, goes back up top....takes way too long to get it back and make the shot....generally, I can get through it twice, but only make fireball frenzy every tenth game or so...practice, practice, practice.....

#16 6 years ago

I hear you,fireball frenzy is cool,but sucks if you have lights on or out mode running.
You can't see the shots to make and the ones to avoid.
Really adds to your score though.

#17 6 years ago

Exactly....I'm hooked on the mode to try and get scores up, but too low a hit on the rainbow, and straight drain on the TNPLH side...absolute torture to get back in the game after trying to beat that mode ( only done twice in around 700 plays)......not a shooters game?...good grief ...it's ALL about the shots.....love it....mark

#18 6 years ago

I've had my game since beginning of August and I haven't gotten on the hard. I did set my settings to hard but not sure the code even supports the differences. Game is tough.

#19 6 years ago

No way!! I have to keep it at medium, or I really would have problems mark

#20 6 years ago

Someone tell me the secret to hitting the darn R!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exactly....I'm hooked on the mode to try and get scores up, but too low a hit on the rainbow, and straight drain on the TNPLH side...absolute torture to get back in the game after trying to beat that mode ( only done twice in around 700 plays)......not a shooters game?...good grief ...it's ALL about the shots.....love it....mark

I agree - anyone who claims this isn't a shooters game, hasn't played it.

#22 6 years ago

I clip it on late hit from left flipper heading up the ramp...you can clip the "w" the same way with right upper main level field ...good luck...

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Right flipper to witch will deflect to r or a. As mentioned you can also ricochet of the r and a up the right ramp.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Upper right flipper off the bumper or witch to hit the R and A are the easiest I've found.

#25 6 years ago

I have mine set on factory settings and have not changed the outlanes but have given myself VERY generous extra balls (set on 3-ball). Even with that I've only cracked 100k a few times. My highest is like 256k or so...just enough to score the lowest spot on my pin. (Running 1.21)

I do not think this is an easy pin by any stretch of my imagination. I am nowhere near even getting a multiball going on most of my games. In contrast to all of my other pins (save HS) where I get at least one multiball going on any given game.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I agree - anyone who claims this isn't a shooters game, hasn't played it.

Yeah, man people think games like ST or ACDC are "shooter's games" but a game filled with nothing but flowy ramp/orbit/lane-back-to-flipper shots is the opposite of a shooter's game. (T3 might be an exception ans the shots are very narrow.) Lots more precision needed for hitting specific targets or narrow lanes than just a few wide ramps/orbits. One of the reasons I love WPT--nice combo of the 2 types of shots.

#27 6 years ago

I hit the witch directly from the right flipper or bank from the left off the mid-rainbow targets. I can hit the R-A in rainbow directly with the left flipper pretty well.

#28 6 years ago

"Shooters Game" is the understatement of the year on this one!!!!

StevenP - I take your approach on the witch, "r" "a" targets as well...it's just the damn consistency on my end...VERY little margin for error before you screw it up.......example - if you complete rainbow and stay clean "off of it" for a ramp shot to the house, you can immediately spin and go to munchkinland......clip one damn target, and it goes into lock mode and you have to cycle again........I freakin cant stop playing it, when I'm in pinball mode!!!!!....mark

#29 6 years ago

frankly I'd almost rather the R or A not be lit until i get into a MB and then go for starting a Munchkin mode. To score big in this game it is all about the stack.

#30 6 years ago

TaylorVA - agreed, agreed....I'm sure its done to torture us.....but nothing really kills me more than getting into TNPLH mode (by accident)...being determined to finish it, only to drain w one shot left...it feels like a "game within a game" at that moment, and can barely face the fact that I'm only on ball # 2......what a freakin' game!!!! MAJOR fun/ frustration all in one......

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

frankly I'd almost rather the R or A not be lit until i get into a MB and then go for starting a Munchkin mode. To score big in this game it is all about the stack.

Yup. I've only had one decent score (and by decent I mean over 150k) and it was when I managed to stack a couple of modes, etc. Haven't had enough time to play since WOZ arrived, though.

#32 6 years ago

Ugh! I haven't broke 50k on 5 balls. Must practice more!

1 week later
#33 6 years ago

My 9yo son started really getting into WOZ today and posted two high scores 294,435 and 330,546

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from B9:

My 9yo son started really getting into WOZ today and posted two high scores 294,435 and 330,546

I'm sorry, should have stated the rule for this thread:

No reporting of kids scores that are higher than mine.

#35 6 years ago

I'll share with you his strategy.

He starts a munchkin mode and then started ECMB and racks up the points

#36 6 years ago

531 000 with 3 balls

#37 6 years ago

Good score, I'm stuck on 315k

#38 6 years ago

Wow, nice scores.

I still have yet to break 200,000 again and I have a really generous extra ball setting. I'm actually finding WOZ to the most challenging pin I own. I have now brought the post in on the TOTO lane. Is there a way to bring in the post/guide on the TNPLH lane? It looked like I could move the post but the metal guide got in the way.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow, nice scores.
I still have yet to break 200,000 again and I have a really generous extra ball setting. I'm actually finding WOZ to the most challenging pin I own. I have now brought the post in on the TOTO lane. Is there a way to bring in the post/guide on the TNPLH lane? It looked like I could move the post but the metal guide got in the way.

I just did that this weekend. It will fit, but the screw actually has to be pushed in on a bit of an angle as the rubber ring gets squashed out of shape against the guide. It works though! But that damned witch keeps throwing curveballs right down the outlanes anyway, proving that even with narrower drains, I still suck.

#40 6 years ago

Here's mine I put on my buddy's game , number 1 spot ! I'm coming for that grand champion spot !

image.jpg

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Here's mine I put on my buddy's game , number 1 spot ! I'm coming for that grand champion spot !

Bragger.

My best score is 1/7th of yours.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I scored the last four digits of your score on Saturday! Woo-hoo!!!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

image.jpg 2 MB

That's a great score! If you are ever driving through Montgomery, don't stop.

#44 6 years ago

Somebody is cheating on these scores!

#45 6 years ago

Mine..

image-565.jpg
#46 6 years ago

I had never broken 180K until I had a breakthrough game of 387,543 the other night. A long session of Crystal Ball Lights On stacked with EC Multiball contributed to the bulk of the score.

20131028-Wizard-of-Oz-Pinball-IMG_3820.jpg

Disclaimer: we had set the default high scores to the lowest possible settings

#47 6 years ago

Finally got 6 digits at 134,000 - flipper frenzy is CRAZY!

#48 6 years ago

tip of the day...move the knocker.....took me about 15 minutes, extended 2 wires, and located at the base of the cabinet in front of the cpu, so it hits the right side of the cabinet.......neat and clean, and when you get a hi score...BAM you are rewarded with a solid knock!!!!!

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

tip of the day...move the knocker.....took me about 15 minutes, extended 2 wires, and located at the base of the cabinet in front of the cpu, so it hits the right side of the cabinet.......neat and clean, and when you get a hi score...BAM you are rewarded with a solid knock!!!!!

pics or it didn't happen

#50 6 years ago

I got 12,000 HOADC award the other day

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 38.00
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside