(Topic ID: 46006)

Woz running version .90 at MI Expo

By abelelectronics

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

553960_581430215208912_1112073527_n.jpg
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

I would buy an Angry Birds pin in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm going to start a new thread...

#52 11 years ago

A video would be cool if anyone is in the area today.

#53 11 years ago

I am going today and will take some video.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

Thanks.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Do kids these days really persuade mom and pop to spend $7,000+ on a game!?

All about quarter drops.

#56 11 years ago

I heard they are running some Big Juicy Melons in between Metallica and Star Trek. Not sure if that is true but I did hear that.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

Thanks. Looking forward to it

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from j69:

Thanks. Looking forward to it

Me too!

#60 11 years ago

The following image was just posted on the JJP Facebook page. Looks like there is a new animation for the wicked witch now in place.

553960_581430215208912_1112073527_n.jpg553960_581430215208912_1112073527_n.jpg

#61 11 years ago

All the naysayers are going to be sorry they didn't get in on this pin!!

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

This could be true....but it is hard watching it go through the code growth. Just by looking at the text on the playfield, it doesn't take much imagination on how the basic rules will come together. The light show, animation show (both backbox and crystal ball), use of different music, sounds, etc. is harder to comprehend however IMHO.

#63 11 years ago

Why, cuz there's a witch in the center of the display now?

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Why, cuz there's a witch in the center of the display now?

YES!! I've talked to Jack a number of times (like many have) and just feel that he's going to do whatever it takes to make this a great pin. I'm glad I'm in on it...

#65 11 years ago

YES!! I've talked to Jack a number of times (like many have) and just feel that he's going to do whatever it takes to make this a great pin. I'm glad I'm in on it...

I'm super interested in what Keith's finished rules are gonna be like....but that's not gonna make me like the layout, shots, sounds, or toys unfortunately. I'll play it at one of my friends' houses, but no regrets at all on my refund.

#66 11 years ago

Damn... you mean no one will be able to buy one after they've actually SEEN it finished and played it? AKA knowing what you're paying for?

Oh wait, they will be able to?

Hmm, thought so.

#67 11 years ago

I have-a the (non?)buyer's remorse!

Oh wait, I have been able to own LoTR and IM for the cost of a delivered WoZ for the last two years. Too bad I have had more fun playing those than waiting and waiting for WoZ.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Damn... you mean no one will be able to buy one after they've actually SEEN it finished and played it? AKA knowing what you're paying for?
    Hmm, thought so.

He may be referring to the Pre order NIB LE price......

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Hmm, thought so.

Got to play it a number of times before deciding to buy. What I saw was enough for me.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have-a the (non?)buyer's remorse!
    » YouTube video
    Oh wait, I have been able to own LoTR and IM for the cost of a delivered WoZ for the last two years. Too bad I have had more fun playing those than waiting and waiting for WoZ.

I just bought in last month. I do feel bad for the folks that have been waiting and waiting. They probably have other pins though too.

#71 11 years ago

I just bought in last month. I do feel bad for the folks that have been waiting and waiting. They probably have other pins though too.

Well, that's a horse of a different color!

Saw it, played it, liked it, bought it.... That's the way to go.

#72 11 years ago

I figured if WoZ was worth $6500 to me at the presale price (+ ? waiting time as of June 2011) then it would be worth $7500 to me when it was actually available and proven.

I don't see many potential buyers sitting there saying "dang it, if it were only a grand less I would totally buy it!".

#73 11 years ago

No they won't. Plenty will be available after launch on the secondary market and from distribs.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

No they won't. Plenty will be available after launch on the secondary market and from distribs.

Just like every other pin that is released.

#75 11 years ago

There will be plenty of used ones turning over to new owners even before the all the backers get their machines.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

There will be plenty of used ones turning over to new owners even before the all the backers get their machines.

Quoted from chessiv:

How many is "plenty"?

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Just like every other pin that is released.

Yeah, just like Tron LE. Those things are for sale all the time at highly discounted prices!

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

How many is "plenty"?

Nobody has any idea. There could be hundreds of them for sale, there could be zero for sale, or anything in between. All speculation at this point. I'm sure SOME will turn up for sale quickly because it happens with every game...even happened with the worshiped AC/DC.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, just like TRON LE.

When they first came out they just sat with distributors for months. Fact. The Tron LE fire didn't start til months after.

#80 11 years ago

Well, regardless of how many used ones will turn up, we know the factory will keep running them until the wheels come off.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

When they first came out they just sat with distributors for months. Fact. The TRON LE fire didn't start til months after.

Wow. You are really smart!

#82 11 years ago

On way to play it there now. Can't wait. 5 hour rt drive for 2.5 hours of play.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Nobody has any idea. There could be hundreds of them for sale, there could be zero for sale, or anything in between. All speculation at this point. I'm sure SOME will turn up for sale quickly because it happens with every game...even happened with the worshiped AC/DC.

I'm sure some will too but the broken records that have to post over and over again that "plenty" will be FS and the speculative BS is as tired as JJP posting shipping dates.

yawn.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, just like TRON LE. Those things are for sale all the time at highly discounted prices!

How do you think I got mine?
    Back when first released they weren't going for crazy money.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

How do you think I got mine?
    Back when first released they weren't going for crazy money.

I know!

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Do kids these days really persuade mom and pop to spend $7,000+ on a game!?

No but they have no issue with .99 cents on the ipad, just a bit of a gap I think.

#87 11 years ago

I played it. I liked it.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Well, regardless of how many used ones will turn up, we know the factory will keep running them until the wheels come off.

^this

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

On way to play it there now. Can't wait. 5 hour rt drive for 2.5 hours of play.

Would like to know what notable updates have been introduced.

I'll wave as you drive by.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm sure some will too but the broken records that have to post over and over again that "plenty" will be FS and the speculative BS is as tired as JJP posting shipping dates.

Jack said he plans to run a ton of the regular models. No difference in play. No one will miss out *if* it's an awesome machine. There will be plenty of regular machines available. There will also be a certain amount of the LEs on the secondary market. We'll only know how many once it happens.

Need a nap?

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

something between metallica and Star Trek didn't saw this one coming. now i'm curious, any hints somewhere?

Here's a hint. It's based off of a popular AMC tv show presently in season three, season four starts next October.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I played it. I liked it.

May I ask what you liked about it?

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Here's a hint. It's based off of a popular AMC tv show presently in season three, season four starts next October.
    Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

That's some serious speculation about a walking dead pin.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

May I ask what you liked about it?

I was surprised by the feel. The videos I saw left me cold, but actually playing it felt good. The sounds were nice (other than the music - which did get old). I don't think I'd buy one, but I did enjoy playing it, and I would pump several dollars into one to play it again for sure...

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's some serious speculation about a walking dead pin.

Walking dead is too much like a soap opera. I want a Zombieland pin

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I was surprised by the feel. The videos I saw left me cold, but actually playing it felt good. The sounds were nice (other than the music - which did get old). I don't think I'd buy one, but I did enjoy playing it, and I would pump several dollars into one to play it again for sure...

I got in a few months ago. I played it at Abel when it first arrived. Totally engrossed with the technology involved.

I noticed that you've opened your collection to visitors in the near future. I've never hosted many to play my games. But if everybody had the same set of games, why would anybody bother?

I no doubt echo the sentiments of many that Jersey Jack arriving will only raise the bar.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

More importantly who gets it in the rotation as far as design and lead code?

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

More importantly who gets it in the rotation as far as design and lead code?

My prediction:

Stern's Walking Dead:

Designed by Borg in a zombie-like state of mind (picture this: Gary comes up to Borg who is in the middle of already designing 3 games and is told to "add another cookie to his plate, extimated ship date of next month... hop to it kid!)

Art By: Photoshop. Somehow the same zombie will wind up copy and pasted in 8 different places. There will be spelling errors: Zoombies! But its okay, zombies checked off on it.

Software by: Waison. 'nough said.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Designed by Borg in a zombie-like state of mind (picture this: Gary comes up to Borg who is in the middle of already designing 3 games and is told to "add another cookie to his plate, extimated ship date of next month... hop to it kid!)

Art By: Photoshop. Somehow the same zombie will wind up copy and pasted in 8 different places. There will be spelling errors: Zoombies! But its okay, zombies checked off on it.

Software by: Waison. 'nough said.

could happen and it would be sad.

#100 11 years ago

F me.....I love Walking Dead but won't go there...got Jpop's on the way and Star Trek on reserve.......

Looks like this one will be a money grab by Stern based on theme, can't blame him....the scrubs or B team putting this one together is not appealing....

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-running-version-90-at-mi-expo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.