Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Flowchart 2.jpg
image-197.jpg
Gilda.jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

Thanks DG, that helps.

#102 5 years ago

Giving credit where it's do, flowchart was done by Jean-Paul De Win the WOZ Animation director. Really like the graphical style of the chart, would like to se other games rules presented in the same way!

1 month later
#103 5 years ago

What are the normal values for extra balls from points? One machine I play has them at 50,000 and 120,000. Also, what are the other ways to get extra balls?

Also, I know the default is no ball save time, but what do most people set the ball save for? Most games charge $1 per play, so at least a 5 second ball saver seems reasonable.

#104 5 years ago

Advancing the "yellow brick road" (hit left and right orbits when lit) to a certain # (i forget the default, mine is set to 10) will light the extra ball at the thrown room, then hitting the thrown room will get you the extra ball.

5 months later
#105 4 years ago

Sorry if these have been covered:

- what is the point of collecting the coloured emeralds that light for certain shots? Is it just points?
- If you light Capture Dorothy and the Winged Monkey descends to collect the ball but for whatever reason can't (i.e. the shot doesn't make it all the way around to the magnet), the Capture Dorothy video sequence runs, but obviously there is no ball captured. Does this still classify as if Dorothy has been captured for the purposes of Rescue Multiball? (Im thinking it must because there is no way to re-light the Winged Monkey targets again.)
- Is there anywhere that tells you that Dorothy has been captured? In the case above, its difficult to tell.

Thanks

#106 4 years ago

See if you can get rule sheet posted hear.

http://papa.org/learning-center/player-resources/game-rulesheets/

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- what is the point of collecting the coloured emeralds that light for certain shots? Is it just points?
- If you light Capture Dorothy and the Winged Monkey descends to collect the ball but for whatever reason can't (i.e. the shot doesn't make it all the way around to the magnet), the Capture Dorothy video sequence runs, but obviously there is no ball captured. Does this still classify as if Dorothy has been captured for the purposes of Rescue Multiball? (Im thinking it must because there is no way to re-light the Winged Monkey targets again.)
- Is there anywhere that tells you that Dorothy has been captured? In the case above, its difficult to tell.
Thanks

I'm not sure but when an emerald shot is lit - shoot for it. It might be points, a multiball, character lock, etc. The yellow emerald advances the yellow brick road and rotates between the ramp or the loop. 10 yellow emeralds get you "extra ball" ala wizard and is worth going for it. Beyond that the points don't really justify trying to advance yellow brick road.
As far as Capture Dorothy - I believe WOZ will allow a rescue multiball even if there's no ball captured - it should pull balls from the trough. (I think)
The one thing I didn't do as a newby but learned later was to try to hit the witch more often - the Witch Fireball sequence is pretty cool and adds points fast.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not sure but when an emerald shot is lit - shoot for it. It might be points, a multiball, character lock, etc. The yellow emerald advances the yellow brick road and rotates between the ramp or the loop. 10 yellow emeralds get you "extra ball" ala wizard and is worth going for it. Beyond that the points don't really justify trying to advance yellow brick road.
As far as Capture Dorothy - I believe WOZ will allow a rescue multiball even if there's no ball captured - it should pull balls from the trough. (I think)
The one thing I didn't do as a newby but learned later was to try to hit the witch more often - the Witch Fireball sequence is pretty cool and adds points fast.

Emerald color and whether to shoot it depends on what it's lit for:
They are NOT used for starting a Multiball or character lock.
They ARE used for YBR (already covered), Fireball mode (learn the difference between the blue and Orange emeralds -- one is good and one is bad), certain Munchkin modes (there's a difference between flashing emeralds, solid, etc -- read the instructions on the screen), Rescue MB Jackpot types, TNPLH mode shots, Toto mode shots, Battle the Witch mini-wizard mode.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks

The colored emeralds are the horse of a different color. Get four and shoot the shot to the shooter lane and earn points based on the colors of the horses.
I usually do not try for it, but it happens randomly in gameplay sometimes.

The capture Dorothy does still count as being captured when the ball is not picked up. The way to know if she is captured is to look at the insert in the back wall and the winged money inserts behind the pop bumpers. If the winged monkey inserts are not flashing and the Dorothy light on the back wall is out then she is already captured.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The colored emeralds are the horse of a different color. Get four and shoot the shot to the shooter lane and earn points based on the colors of the horses.
I usually do not try for it, but it happens randomly in gameplay sometimes.
The capture Dorothy does still count as being captured when the ball is not picked up. The way to know if she is captured is to look at the insert in the back wall and the winged money inserts behind the pop bumpers. If the winged monkey inserts are not flashing and the Dorothy light on the back wall is out then she is already captured.

No, the colored horse inserts apply to HOADC. Not the emeralds.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

No, the colored horse inserts apply to HOADC. Not the emeralds.

I thought he was talking about the horse inserts. Is he referring to the yellow brick road inserts then? I don't consider them colored in that they are yellow (i.e. I thought he meant multi-colored).
They obviously are used for different purposes in different modes which are too numerous to describe.

#112 4 years ago

Is the WOZ code pretty much finished up? I know JJ is going to release some fixes...but will there be major changes?

#113 4 years ago

I mean the emeralds that are lit during regular gameplay not modes/multiballs. Sometimes they are lit with the horse, matching it's colour. Other time by themselves.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I mean the emeralds that are lit during regular gameplay not modes/multiballs. Sometimes they are lit with the horse, matching it's colour. Other time by themselves.

The yellow emeralds alternate between the ramp, and the two orbits. Once you make the first ramp shot, then the two orbits are lit yellow (in the orbits they are arrow inserts). You make one of the orbits and then the ramp is lit again. Once you make 10 yellow brick road shots (yellow emeralds or yellow arrows) you light extra ball at the throne room.
The yellow shots advance you on the yellow brick road and there are awards along the way at certain milestones (for example at 20 there is an award).

#115 4 years ago

HERE. It's HERE. Hear is what you do with your ears.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is the WOZ code pretty much finished up? I know JJ is going to release some fixes...but will there be major changes?

From the Jersey Jack forum:

Jersey Jack
12/22/14

January WOZ update is primarily for Operators for On Location games......right now we are knee deep in Hobbit. At some point there will be another WOZ update with other stuff -

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wtatumjr and Dcfan already covered YBR. Besides that and modes/MB, they also flash briefly (different colors for different shots) for your inlane hurry-ups.

#118 4 years ago

I have not paid super close attention to it, but do the regular hurry-up shots build the witch hurry-up points?

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have not paid super close attention to it, but do the regular hurry-up shots build the witch hurry-up points?

No. I don't think so. But the inlane hurry ups do build on each other if you collect them. I still don't think they're worth it though.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

No. I don't think so. But the inlane hurry ups do build on each other if you collect them. I still don't think they're worth it though.

I believe that this is wrong--I believe all hurry-build shots are added to the starting value of the next witch hurry-up, at least.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

I believe that this is wrong--I believe all hurry-build shots are added to the starting value of the next witch hurry-up, at least.

That is what I was thinking and is why I asked to clarify. Thanks.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

interesting. Don't know if I'd go for this, but it's a nice nuance.

#123 4 years ago

So for the hurry up, both the horse and the emerald are lit. Presumably you get both the horse and the hurry up awarded?

Does anyone deliberately go for the horse collect shot behind the flipper? Seems almost impossible to get intentionally.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Nope. Witch hurry-ups increase 500 points for each successful completion. The hurry-build shots have nothing to do with the Witch value.

Quoted from cooked71:

So for the hurry up, both the horse and the emerald are lit. Presumably you get both the horse and the hurry up awarded?
Does anyone deliberately go for the horse collect shot behind the flipper? Seems almost impossible to get intentionally.

Yes, you get both the horse and the hurry up value. I concentrate on the horse shot when I have a munchkin mode ready to go or if I've played a high value munchkin mode.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

The hurry-build shots have nothing to do with the Witch value.

Hunh. Memory sucks sometimes. What, then, do they build? (if nothing, then I will shake my fist in JJP's general direction.)

#126 4 years ago

You can build the hurry up values pretty high very fast if you collect them, they are more than worth it. I usually focus on building one which would be the 'lane' hurry up. It's base starting point value is middle of the road compared to the other hurry ups. It is a somewhat easy shot though.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from Troz:

Yes, you get both the horse and the hurry up value. I concentrate on the horse shot when I have a munchkin mode ready to go or if I've played a high value munchkin mode.

Forehand or backhand? I have been trying to practice this shot but haven't figured out the best way.

#128 4 years ago

I would love to be able to hit the horse collect shot reliably, I ussually practice it when I'm having a crap game. It is one bastard of a shot.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Absolutely! But only if I've got a "successful" combination of horses for the collect. I haven't found a reliable single ball backhand for that shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside