• Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flowchart 2.jpg
image-197.jpg
Gilda.jpg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Thanks for this, But has anyone seen a rule guide up to 1.25 now around?

#52 10 years ago

Is the collect shot in the space below the upper right flipper universal? Does it work for haunted forest modes too? The collect shot for the forest isn't clearly described.

Edit: Nevermind looked at the playfield a little closer. For anyone wondering right collect shot is for horses, and the forest collect shot is the crystal ball spinner.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

the forest collect shot is the crystal ball spinner

Sorry, thought this was talking about the target you hit between the pops. Silly reading skills.

Post edited by Snailman : I can't read

#54 10 years ago

This shot gives you one of the B-A-L-L awards when lit. These are all multiball modes with at least 2x playfield in effect during multiball and are stackable with other multiballs and munchkin modes.

Quoted from Snailman:

And the next question is: Why would you ever want to hit that shot? Is it worth 10's of thousands of points -- otherwise, I'll skip out on an unnecessary trip to Drain Forest.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

This shot gives you one of the B-A-L-L awards when lit. These are all multiball modes with at least 2x playfield in effect during multiball and are stackable with other multiballs and munchkin modes.

Yeah, sorry about my poor reading skills. Yes, the spinner is a VERY useful shot -- I thought it was referring to the target amongst the trees, and one that I never shoot for.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is the collect shot in the space below the upper right flipper universal? Does it work for haunted forest modes too? The collect shot for the forest isn't clearly described.
Edit: Nevermind looked at the playfield a little closer. For anyone wondering right collect shot is for horses, and the forest collect shot is the crystal ball spinner.

The forest collect shot is the lane behind the spinner but not through it.

#57 10 years ago

May be off topic, or said before, but HOATC on the LCD screen suddenly had one cow there. Anyone else seen this?

#58 10 years ago

Saw the cow, and it's hilarious. Good catch - you get it when you hit a white HOADC shot.

#59 10 years ago

I had 4 cows last night and couldn't make the shot. If the horse insert is white it will be a cow.

#60 10 years ago

"Flying cows in a twister! I bet some other movie will use that."

#61 10 years ago

WOZ should allow initials for lowest score.

image-197.jpgimage-197.jpg
#62 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

At my house, there would be nothing but my initials, then...

#63 10 years ago

do folk think it's getting easier to knock JJP of the #1 spot with the new rules? Still only got 550,000, but getting closer.........

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

image-197.jpg 100 KB

Absolutely!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Right now, 10 YBR ramp shots also lights the throne room saucer for a non-random EB.

You are correct in v1.24 however, I believe this was changed in 1.25. I do not think 10 YBR's automatically light extra ball. I think you have to get to a muchkin mode, or spell rainbow after you get the 10 YBRs now...

#66 10 years ago

Hey, are the two Munchkin modes (Lollipop Lullaby, Munchkin Multiball) in the update?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Hey, are the two Munchkin modes (Lollipop Lullaby, Munchkin Multiball) in the update?

They are.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Thanks for this, But has anyone seen a rule guide up to 1.25 now around?

RF - Edited for corrections / spelling and copied rules written prior into a single post.

Ok - here is a short breakdown of what you want to do in v.1.25 and not in any particular order:

1) Get a twister - spell rainbow and shoot the ramp. The ball will be diverted to the mini-PF and spin it around the house. You can hold the flipper to do a double loop. If you made enough loops the ball will stop on the magnet and you will start a munchkin mode. You will also get a gem. The 4th munchkin mode will be munchkin multi-ball.

2) Get an Emerald City Multi-Ball (ECMB). Roll over each character (Lion, Tin Man, Scarecrow) to light a letter in their name. Once their name is spelled you can lock a ball. Once the 3rd ball is locked you will start ECMB and get a gem.

3) Get a Fireball Frenzy (FF). Hit the witch and she will rise from the PF and start a hurry-up. Hit her again to complete the hurry-up. Complete 3 hurry-ups to light FF. Hit the witch to start FF. You want to shoot the blue shot, and avoid the fireball shot. If you shoot the blue shot you’ll collect a jackpot that is worth half the total of the 3 hurry-ups that you collected to get to the frenzy. (So if you collected hurry-ups of 1500, 1700, and 2300 your jackpot will be worth 2750). It also adds 500 points to the next blue shot (so in this case the next blue shot will be worth 3250)
If you hit the fireball shot, the witch throws a fireball at the scarecrow and decreases the available jackpot by 500.
After either shot is made (blue or flashing red/orange) different random shots light up blue and red.
As you make blue shots, more fireball shots are added, so it becomes more difficult to avoid hitting fireballs. The mode ends when you hit three fireballs and the scarecrow catches fire, or when you drain your ball in play.
You will get a gem.

4) Rescue Dorothy. Hit the ball into the hunted forest and hit the 2 blue targets to light Dorothy's capture. Then shoot the ball up the right orbit (under the house) and it will stop on the magnet. The monkey will come down and capture your ball and bring it up to the castle. Hit the winkey guard (left of the ramp) to get to the VUK to the castle mini-PF. Once up their hit the targets to spell RESCUE. You can hit the loop or enter the castle to get a letter. Once rescue is lit you can hit the loop to virtually lock a ball (up to 3). Once rescue is lit if you enter the castle you will start Rescue Multi-Ball. Depending on how many balls you locked this is up to a 5 ball MB. You will also get a gem.

Battle The Witch:
Once you have the 4 gems you will light the battle with the witch. Hit the witch to start the battle. It's a 2 ball MB where you have to make the green shots. If you make then the castle VUK will light. Hit a ball into the VUK and it will be captured. Then with the other ball hit the ramp. It will be diverted to the mini-PL and your munchkin flipper will be dead. The ball will drop and with the upper right flipper you have to hit the witch to win the battle. If you do the PF will go dead and the balls will drain. You will get a clip form the movie and then a multi-ball. This is very cool!

Along the way:

Get a Crystal Ball mode - hit all the BALL targets under the crystal ball and then through the spinner into the crystal ball. You will get one of 5 crystal ball modes where the witch messes with you. All modes are 2 ball multi-ball and are 2x or 3x scoring.
1) Lights On 2x scoring - All lights are on and you can't see what you are hitting.
2) Lights Off 2x scoring - All lights are off and you can't see what you are hitting.
3) Weak Flippers 2x scoring - Your flippers lose power. It's hard to make the ramp unless it's a perfect shot.
4) No Hold Flippers 2x scoring - Your flippers are at full power but you can't catch the ball. This is also pretty difficult.
5) Reverse Flippers 3x scoring - This is the last and hardest mode as your left button will work the right flipper and vice versa.

If you are in a crystal ball mode and you hit Gilda when lit (pink target at 12 o'clock) you will get about 15 seconds of "normal" play. That's the good witch helping you out…

Remember - these modes can stack on top of any other modes. This is one of the best ways to score big. Get an Emerald City multi-ball going and then hit the crystal ball and next thing you know you got 5 balls flying around at 2x or 3x points!!!

Get Haunted Scoring - Go through the haunted forest. Each time you hit a bumper you will get a letter in HAUNTED. Once haunted is spelled and the ball drops into the crystal ball VUK you will start a haunted scoring mode. Bumpers / Targets / Holes. Haunted Forest Multi-Ball is coming soon!

Follow The Yellow Brick Road - Left and right orbits will advance you along the YBR. There are settings in the menu to make this hard or easy. Currently at 10 + 50 advances Extra Ball is lit. Special is lit at 30. Some people say this is too easy so if you turn it to hard then you have to alternate the orbits to advance and the EBs go to 20 + 60 (i think).

Throne Room (Wizard):
* Shoot Throne Room to light WIZARD letter. Hitting the bumper next to the Throne room will also grant a letter.
* Complete WIZARD and hit the Throne Room hole to get a random award (I've seen 10K, 5K, Characters Spotted, EB Lit)

Toto:
* Light 4 TOTO rollovers
* Make timed shot to save ball

There's No Place Like Home
* Light all spot targets around the State Fair balloon.
* Complete all 4 stages to save ball
* First: Shoot Rainbow targets
* 2nd: Shoot Crystall Ball and Throne Room
* 3rd: Outer Loop (Right AND Left)
* 4th: Shoot Ramp
*Note: You continue to collect points in this mode. If you take note of your score before this starts and then afterwards (even if you don’t save your ball) it can go up by quite a lot.

Horse of a Different Color
* Hit four horses then shoot the COLLECT under the right center field flipper which drops the ball back into the plunger.
* Points Breakdown (Taken again from a Buckaroo65 post… Thanks!)
Cow (White): 500 points
Rainbow (RB): 400 points
Red: 350 points
Orange: 300 points
Yellow: 250 points
Green: 200 points
Blue: 150 points
Violet: 100 points
* Add these values up, and then multiply the total based on the following conditions
Success – Each horse is a different color or all horses are the same color
Multiplier: # of horses (4 - 7)
Raises the # of horses to collect the next round. Maximum is 7
Failure – At least two different colors and at least two horses with the same color
Multiplier: 0.5
Decreases the # of horses to collect the next round. Minimum is 4
Rainbow Horse – Acts like a wild card, and is always different from any other horse
Multiplier: 0.5
All One Color – Still counts as Success
Multiplier: 3
All Rainbows – Still counts as Success
Multiplier: 5
*Horse lights are relit and randomized at the top lane (OZ) slingshot
*Scoring Examples
4 RB: 32,000 = (400 + 400 + 400 + 400) * 4 (Success) * 5 (All Rainbows)
Y, G, B, V: 2,800 = (250 + 200 + 150 + 100) * 4 (Success)
Y, G, B, RB: 2,000 = (250 + 200 + 150 + 400) * 4 (Success) * 0.5 (Rainbow)
Y, B, V, V: 300 = (250 + 150 + 100 + 100) * 0.5 (Failure)
V, V, G, RB: 200 = (100 + 100 + 200 + 400) * 0.5 (Failure) * 0.5 (Rainbow)

In-lane Hurry-Ups
Going through inlane while hurry-up is lit activates some kind of hurry-up mode which is different between the left and right inlanes

Supposedly they are only 1/2 way done. The battle with the witch is like %50 to the end. Eventually you will be able to go all the way to "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Who know's what that will be like but my guess is it will be EPIC!!!

I'm writing this from memory so someone chime in if I missed something or messed something up.

Dam - I said a short breakdown but I guess that's not possible with WOZ. So frigging much going on!!! This game is incredible!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Here is something I wrote for another thread:
Ok - here is a short breakdown of what you want to do in v.1.25 and not in any particular order:

I'm writing this from memory so someone chime in if I missed something or messed something up.

Very nice! Thanks. Only changes to have you edit your very thorough post:
- you might want to change Hunted to Haunted.
- Change the word "ramp" to "loop" when describing virtual lock for Rescue MB.
- Since the original post doesn't have all the Crystal Ball modes, you could add in the other modes besides Lights Out/On -- there is also Weak Flippers, No Hold Flippers, and Flipper Frenzy (reversed flippers).

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

- Since the original post doesn't have all the Crystal Ball modes, you could add in the other modes besides Lights Out/On -- there is also Weak Flippers, No Hold Flippers, and Flipper Frenzy (reversed flippers).

But spelling "Hunted" is easier--one less letter!

Also, to make the game more challenging (if you want to!): Reduce the munchkinland flipper strength so you CAN'T make 2 loops with a single shot. Crazy difficult--and a good tournament setting!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

and Flipper Frenzy is now the last mode you will get in the CB, the others I believe are randomly awarded.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

4) Rescue Dorothy. Hit the ball into the hunted forest and hit the 2 blue targets to light Dorothy's capture. Then shoot the ball up the right orbit (under the house) and it will stop on the magnet. The monkey will come down and capture your ball and bring it up to the castle. Hit the winkey guard (left of the ramp) to get to the VUK to the castle mini-PF. Once up their hit the targets to spell RESCUE. You can hit the loop or enter the castle to get a letter. Once rescue is lit you can hit the ramp to virtually lock a ball (up to 3). Once rescue is lit if you enter the castle you will start Rescue Multi-Ball. Depending on how many balls you locked this is up to a 5 ball MB. You will also get a gem.

If I'm not mistaken, if you spell RESCUE before capturing Dorothy, then you can get a virtual lock by opening the doors and shooting the scoop. I was confused why I wasn't starting Rescue MB but it makes sense if Dorothy wasn't captured yet. The rules display shows that both events have to occur to start the MB. But you don't want to waste your hard earned RESCUE letters on a virtual lock, so probably best at that point to not open the doors and instead work on the Dorothy capture, then get virtual locks via the ramp.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

If I'm not mistaken, if you spell RESCUE before capturing Dorothy, then you can get a virtual lock by opening the doors and shooting the scoop. I was confused why I wasn't starting Rescue MB but it makes sense if Dorothy wasn't captured yet. The rules display shows that both events have to occur to start the MB. But you don't want to waste your hard earned RESCUE letters on a virtual lock, so probably best at that point to not open the doors and instead work on the Dorothy capture, then get virtual locks via the ramp.

You get a virtual lock by hitting the SEARCH loop after all the RESCUE letters are lit. Do this three times and then upon the fourth time lighting RESCUE hit the door and if Dorothy is captured you will start a 5 ball MB.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

How do you get virtual locks via the ramp? Pretty sure the castle loop is the only way.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You get a virtual lock by hitting the SEARCH loop after all the RESCUE letters are lit. Do this three times and then upon the fourth time lighting RESCUE hit the door and if Dorothy is captured you will start a 5 ball MB.

Ok, so you have to spell Rescue for each virtual lock. I wonder if it changes the value of the jackpot.
I must be mistaken on the ramp shot for virtual lock, just quoting an earlier post.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Ok, so you have to spell Rescue for each virtual lock. I wonder if it changes the value of the jackpot.
I must be mistaken on the ramp shot for virtual lock, just quoting an earlier post.

While I don't have a WOZ to test, according to JJP staff at WOZ launch event at PAPA: Yes. The more balls you activate for your Rescue Multiball, the greater the jackpot and super jackpot payoffs.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks Snailman. I made those corrections and added rules written prior that still apply for a single post with all (or most) of the rules. I'm going to transfer this to MSWord and keep it up to date with each new release.

Please let me know if I missed something or if further clarification is required.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

If you are in a crystal ball mode and you hit Gilda when lit (pink target at 12 o'clock) you will get about 15 seconds of "normal" play. That's the good witch helping you out…

I didn't realize that. Does this instantly un-reverse your flippers in Flipper Frenzy -- and without a short ball-save period? That would really suck if you're in Flipper Frenzy, have your arms crossed over, ball(s) cradled on one flipper and shooting for the ramp with the other, only to hit this "good witch" award suddenly drop your cradled flipper and raise the other for a verbal-tirade inducing drain of your cradled ball(s).

Speaking of which, both Flipper Frenzy and No Hold Flippers desperately need a short ball-save after you drain down to one ball.

#79 10 years ago

I'm not sure about the latest version of code, but on older code they are instantly unreversed and there is no ball save period. Also, when they revert back to reversed (assuming you've kept the balls in play) there is no warning. As you write, it would be better to have it like TSPP's Mystery Spot where there is a brief ball saver when you get down to one ball.

Quoted from Snailman:

I didn't realize that. Does this instantly un-reverse your flippers in Flipper Frenzy -- and without a short ball-save period? That would really suck if you're in Flipper Frenzy, have your arms crossed over, ball(s) cradled on one flipper and shooting for the ramp with the other, only to hit this "good witch" award suddenly drop your cradled flipper and raise the other for a verbal-tirade inducing drain of your cradled ball(s).
Speaking of which, both Flipper Frenzy and No Hold Flippers desperately need a short ball-save after you drain down to one ball.

#80 10 years ago

The 1.25 flipper frenzy does not have glinda un-reverse your flippers, since that's actively unhelpful.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

The 1.25 flipper frenzy does not have glinda un-reverse your flippers, since that's actively unhelpful.

Does it have a ball-save period at the end of the multiball when flippers revert back to normal?

#82 10 years ago

What are the various key shot values in ECMB and Rescue MB?

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

What are the various key shot values in ECMB and Rescue MB?

EC MB is fairly well explained on the LCD: shoot:

1. a character rollover
2. a ramp
3. another character
4. ramp
5. the last duder
6. the ramp.

then repeat, except substitute the wizard saucer.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

EC MB is fairly well explained on the LCD: shoot:
1. a character rollover
2. a ramp
3. another character
4. ramp
5. the last duder
6. the ramp.
then repeat, except substitute the wizard saucer.

Thanks, but looking for "values" --- the points you score ---- for those shots. And also the jackpot values in Rescue MB (and how they increase when you have more than just a 2-ball MB.

#85 10 years ago

How do you light Glenda and the horse shots?

Got to battle the witch last night but her switch didn't register for the final shot. Argh.

#86 10 years ago

Horse shots are pretty much always lit; hit a lit shot to add that color horse. I have no idea who Glenda is.

#87 10 years ago

Sorry, Glinda. The pink target between the ramp and the castle vuk.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks, but looking for "values" --- the points you score ---- for those shots. And also the jackpot values in Rescue MB (and how they increase when you have more than just a 2-ball MB.

Somebody posted them somewhere--I think they start at 15k?

Rescue seems to be a mystery on the internet--if you have one why not pull the glass off and find out?

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

relight Glinda is the switch behind the rubber next to the pop bumpers. You probably never even realized a switch was there.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Somebody posted them somewhere--I think they start at 15k?
Rescue seems to be a mystery on the internet--if you have one why not pull the glass off and find out?

Because I don't have one.

#91 10 years ago

loving the witch battle. Got through three of the shots last night on the last ball, but lost it. Many completed it yet?

1 month later
#92 10 years ago

Enter the high score initials LFS and the Lion will have something to say . . .

2 months later
#93 9 years ago

Could someone do an update of the rules with 3.0?

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Enter the high score initials LFS and the Lion will have something to say . . .

"put em up, put em up! Let me at 'im!"

1 month later
#95 9 years ago

Has anyone updated a written rules sheet for 3.0 ? I have several newbie customers I'm trying to help.. I do tell them that the fun of pinball is uncovering things.

#96 9 years ago

i started a rule sheet thread here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-maprule-sheet

I'm working on creating a 3.0 up to date "visual" rule sheet, something I can hang up on the wall next to the woz, heh. but i too would like to see an up to date rulesheet (it would help me make my poster faster at least, lol)

#97 9 years ago

arcadenerd925 - I also have a flowchart... I think it was posted on the JJP group - not sure by who - so i don't believe it's not something that Jack would like kept under wraps anymore - I will ask him if you'd like and if ok by him I can send to you for inclusion... PM me if interested...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

arcadenerd925 - I also have a flowchart... I think it was posted on the JJP group - not sure by who - so i don't believe it's not something that Jack would like kept under wraps anymore - I will ask him if you'd like and if ok by him I can send to you for inclusion... PM me if interested...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Yea i'd love to see it at the very least, for reference purposes. I will google the google group and see if i can find it too. thnx!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

image-197.jpg 100 KB

someone on pinside recently got 700 scored for 3 balls.

#100 9 years ago

I see absolutely no reason not to post this, so I'm going too

Flowchart 2.jpgFlowchart 2.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rulesheet-written/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.