• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FipperFrenzy.gif
Attract_Mode_Somewhere.jpg
Attract_Mode_All.jpg
There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I heard/read some time ago a rumor of a mode where the flippers reverse. Would this be one of the crystal ball modes? Can anyone confirm?

Jack should a video the LCD screen at TPF a wile ago and it showed reversed flippers and 3x scoring if my memory is right.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

PEOPLES I JUST POSTED THE VIDEO ALEX LEVY MADE IT!

No way. We all know you are secretly working directly under Jack. Don't lie to us.

#103 10 years ago

Nice video...thanks for posting

#104 10 years ago

Alex, good job. Looks pretty professional, and lots of information. This is the video, I've been waiting for. You've made so many things clearer. Lots more to come, so this should be one awesome game. thanks for taking the time!

#105 10 years ago

Jack should a video the LCD screen at TPF a wile ago and it showed reversed flippers and 3x scoring if my memory is right.

Correct!

FipperFrenzy.gifFipperFrenzy.gif

#106 10 years ago

The game appeared to play a little slow in my opinion.

#107 10 years ago

ignore

#108 10 years ago

yes we are lol.

#109 10 years ago

Is there somewhere we can download the code? Not quite sure how to update.

Thanks!

#110 10 years ago

I heard a rumor all the "haters" would have a field day of negativity if they saw an informative WOZ video.

3 pages deep & it's pretty civil so far

We need more bickering, guys this *IS* a WOZ thread right?

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

Is there somewhere we can download the code? Not quite sure how to update.

Are you on the JJP Google Group? Alex has a thread there about how to update.

#112 10 years ago

Thanks stangbat!

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

Thanks stangbat!

Tilter,

PM me if you need help. The download link is on the JJP forum and the support site has an FAQ

#114 10 years ago

Thanks! Got the update, now just trying to find a USB stick that's large enough! May have to make a run to the store!

#115 10 years ago

They couldn't've thrown a USB stick in the goody bag? You can get an 8gb for a couple of dollars now. Even cheaper in bulk.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I heard/read some time ago a rumor of a mode where the flippers reverse. Would this be one of the crystal ball modes? Can anyone confirm?

The flippers are reversed for the two upper playfields. Is that possibly what you are referring to?

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

The flippers are reversed for the two upper playfields. Is that possibly what you are referring to?

No. There will be a mode where everything that is normal with regards to flippers, reverse. And the upper playfield flippers to me aren't reversed. Look at the direction they face. The appropriate flipper button is used matching the flipper direction .

But I'm left handed so I'm weird to begin with

#118 10 years ago

Nice vid Alex, I couldn’t help myself from watching it. but I'm not watching any more.
I just hope mine comes before x mas.. I wasn't interested in the Hobbit but I better start saving
I have a feeling were in for another ground breaking state of the art pin!!

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

PEOPLES I JUST POSTED THE VIDEO ALEX LEVY MADE IT!

WELL, THANKS FOR DOING IT!

#120 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get mine.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No. There will be a mode where everything that is normal with regards to flippers, reverse. And the upper playfield flippers to me aren't reversed. Look at the direction they face. The appropriate flipper button is used matching the flipper direction .
But I'm left handed so I'm weird to begin with

I agree (the flipper part, not you being weird). When I played, it felt natural based on the direction the flippers face.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

When I played, it felt natural based on the direction the flippers face.

It felt right to me too.

#123 10 years ago

Upgraded to 1.08 and played quite a bit last night. Wow! What an improvement! Tons of stuff added (as you've seen from the video). The Sepia Mode is exactly why I love KJ rulesets. Light show just keeps getting better and better.

The upgrade process itself was easy and I ran into no problems. Its also cool that you can just pop open the door, plug in the USB, and go. No backbox to mess with.

Great stuff guys... keep it up!!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

WELL, THANKS FOR DOING IT!

NO PROBLEM.

#125 10 years ago

I stopped by iplay last week on the way to dinner to play a game. Ended up putting 20+ games on it. It wasn't 1.08, but it was fun.

I never thought about the upper flippers. It was natural for me to use the correct flipper button.

I was also able to nudge the ball off the outlane balloon and get it back into play.

Will head back when I hear 1.08 is in that game, unless I get the call that my game is ready first

#126 10 years ago

I upgraded mine to 1.08 last night and got in a few games. It is a huge improvement. The sepia mode was cool but I couldn't get the R in rainbow either time. The TOTO mode was fun too. First time I can think of where you get one shot to make a switch or its over. Lights on/ lights off mode tells me there is more to come with the GI. You could make lights off with GI that faded in and out to make things interesting. Of course that means playing in a dark room. I did notice some bugs: during a multiball stacked with Munchin it went into a free game loop over and over again. Also, I don't see the insert working on the spinning house playfield and it doesn't seem to do anything for keeping it up in play there but maybe I just didn't notice. Not complaining, huge difference. It feels like a whole new game and I'm sure the updates will keep coming out. I didn't have any problems updating at all. Like pincrush said, plug in the USB and that's it. The game does the rest. It took about 20 minutes to download the file to my laptop, about 10 to load it on the thumb drive and about 5 to upload to the game.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from BShing:

I upgraded mine to 1.08 last night and got in a few games. It is a huge improvement. The sepia mode was cool but I couldn't get the R in rainbow either time. The TOTO mode was fun too. First time I can think of where you get one shot to make a switch or its over. Lights on/ lights off mode tells me there is more to come with the GI. You could make lights off with GI that faded in and out to make things interesting. Of course that means playing in a dark room. I did notice some bugs: during a multiball stacked with Munchin it went into a free game loop over and over again. Also, I don't see the insert working on the spinning house playfield and it doesn't seem to do anything for keeping it up in play there but maybe I just didn't notice. Not complaining, huge difference. It feels like a whole new game and I'm sure the updates will keep coming out. I didn't have any problems updating at all. Like pincrush said, plug in the USB and that's it. The game does the rest. It took about 20 minutes to download the file to my laptop, about 10 to load it on the thumb drive and about 5 to upload to the game.

That's great to hear. I made the factory auto install to be as seamless as possible.

Glad to hear its working perfectly for everyone. Did you find the FAQ entry for the process to be clear? Any improvements I can make?

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Glad to hear its working perfectly for everyone. Did you find the FAQ entry for the process to be clear?

I think it is very good. Once I got past my impatience, things went very smoothly and it was easy. I've dabbled with Linux enough to have a good idea what was going on and I'm amazed that you could pull it all off so seamlessly.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Glad to hear its working perfectly for everyone. Did you find the FAQ entry for the process to be clear? Any improvements I can make?

It was great! I would just add a picture of where the USB port is. I didn't realize it was so perfectly placed and was tearing into the mobo case looking for it

FYI: The first USB drive I tried showed up as a regular drive and the utility wouldn't detect it (as a USB drive or regular drive), even though the PC saw it fine. It was a large USB Drive, 60GB. I ended up finding a 16GB stick and it worked without a hitch.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

It was great! I would just add a picture of where the USB port is. I didn't realize it was so perfectly placed and was tearing into the mobo case looking for it
FYI: The first USB drive I tried showed up as a regular drive and the utility wouldn't detect it (as a USB drive or regular drive), even though the PC saw it fine. It was a large USB Drive, 60GB. I ended up finding a 16GB stick and it worked without a hitch.

Can't use USB harddrives. Have to be USB sticks. They work differently. Harddrives have lba and are partitioned differently

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I think it is very good. Once I got past my impatience, things went very smoothly and it was easy. I've dabbled with Linux enough to have a good idea what was going on and I'm amazed that you could pull it all off so seamlessly.

It was a ton of work. I had built automated builds before as its part of my normal job however those always sourced data for builds from a network based external resource so there was a manual step of data entry but it didn't happen at build time, but before hand.

These are completely hands off . The trickiest part is knowing you can't have any prompts at all because there would be no way of acknowledging them.

Can't ask a customer to stick in a keyboard

#132 10 years ago

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy but what happened to the wifi updating? Especially with these weekly updates that will presumably be going on for months to come, it would've been really handy.

Do the machines currently have a dormant online capability? Is it just a matter of software or was the whole idea scrapped for WOZ?

#133 10 years ago

Again I have to Answer this? Internet capability and updates are coming. The OS is ready and supports about 50 different usb wifi adapters and Ethernet is already available. It's just software at this point.

The hard part about wifi is data entry and the nearly infinite combinations of wifi modes and security.

Everyone thinks its just plug and play. Lol. I wish. Would make my life super easy.

Also on your side of the pond there are extra things I need to be cognizant of when it comes to wifi.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Again I have to Answer this?

Ya know, you'd come across as a much more pleasant spokesman for the company if you left out lines like this in your otherwise helpful replies. It just sort of casts an ugly shadow over them. Just saying.

Anyway, cool to hear that the wifi is coming and it's also great to see that USB updating seems to be so smooth!

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Ya know, you'd come across as a much more pleasant spokesman for the company if you left out lines like this in your otherwise helpful replies. It just sort of casts an ugly Shadow over them. Just saying.
Anyway, cool to hear that the wifi is coming and it's also great to see that USB updating seems to be so smooth!

I answered that question for him 3 times already. I don't mind answering the same question multiple times but the same person keeps asking

But your probably not aware of the "friendly" history the chockster has

#136 10 years ago

I have no recollection of asking you about wifi before. If I already did then I apologise but I really don't see the problem. I remember reading about wifi not being ready at launch and wanted to know what the deal was. I don't know why you you would say I've asked you three times before as that's a ridiculous claim.

If you fancy yourself as a representative of JJP then you really need to be more professional and not get so aggressive. I asked a polite question; either reply likewise or just ignore me.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Again I have to Answer this? Internet capability and updates are coming. The OS is ready and supports about 50 different usb wifi adapters and Ethernet is already available. It's just software at this point.
The hard part about wifi is data entry and the nearly infinite combinations of wifi modes and security.
Everyone thinks its just plug and play. Lol. I wish. Would make my life super easy.
Also on your side of the pond there are extra things I need to be cognizant of when it comes to wifi.

So, the plan is for owners to buy an off the shelf wifi adaptor and plug it into the USB port in the door or use an ethernet cable plugged into the back? And the ability to do that will depend on a future software update and JJP setting up internet updates at their end, right?

I'm not saying it's easy; I know bugger all about wireless technology but it was something that was talked about as a feature and I was wondering where everything stood.

#138 10 years ago

Well, to be fair... I don't believe Chocky has asked that specific question before in a public thread on Pinside... but a quick search would've produced prior responses.

As far as I understand, updates will happen one of two ways:

1) USB (currently implemented)
2) Internet, via:
- a) wired Ethernet connection (built-in)
- b) owner-purchased USB WiFi dongle. JJP will have a list of "approved" models.

Internet capabilities are not being added until a major software update later this year.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Can't use USB harddrives. Have to be USB sticks. They work differently. Harddrives have lba and are partitioned differently

Gotcha. That might be worth mentioning in that step of the guide

#140 10 years ago

Nice video, thanks!
Looks way better/advanced than gameplay-video's from a few months ago.

#141 10 years ago

Broke down and watched it. Nice rightup Alex.

Long ways to go yet but making some great progress and it seems to be chugging along quickly now.

Excited to see how it feels and plays in person.

#142 10 years ago

I found the USB update to be very easy, even easier than Sterns Sam System. No taking off the backglass and flipping a dip switch then selecting your program. Once it is on the stick it is plug in, wait for the prompt, remove and play. My only complaint may be it takes a while to download but I found the whole process went very easy. Nice job, when's the next update?!!! Game is coming together nicely.

#143 10 years ago

I think Pinchroma's comment was not bad at all and this subject has been covered many times.

There are many threads where someone gets jumped on for asking a "common" question without doing a search first.

To be honest I am not sure where Pinside is heading...seems like alot of people are on edge and just waiting to start or jump in to a fight. Quite often we definately don't have that "fun" hobby" feeling.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

I think Pinchroma's comment was not bad at all and this subject has been covered many times.
There are many threads where someone gets jumped on for asking a "common" question without doing a search first.
To be honest I am not sure where Pinside is heading...seems like alot of people are on edge and just waiting to start or jump in to a fight. Quite often we definately don't have that "fun" hobby" feeling.

It's because there's almost 3 years of emotion in every WOZ thread today.

Everyone is either sick of hearing about it, sick of waiting for their game or sick of defending the situation.

Once a thousand or so get out there & code is complete shit will return to normal.

Till then, we all have pinball PMS

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's because there's almost 3 years of emotion in every WOZ thread today.
Everyone is either sick of hearing about it, sick of waiting for their game or sick of defending the situation.
Once a thousand or so get out there & code is complete shit will return to normal.
Till then, we all have pinball PMS

I think you nailed it. We're all going a little bonkers.

#146 10 years ago

I finally broke down and watched the first 4 minutes or so of the video, I've never been more pleased with my purchase than I am right now, and I've been pretty damn happy all along How can anyone watch that and not be impressed!!

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Everyone is either sick of hearing about it,

Which is a valid excuse for some to jump in and stir the pot repeatedly, I guess...

Hey, I have an idea! Don't! Just MYOB! What a concept!

Quoted from dgpinball:

I finally broke down and watched the first 4 minutes or so of the video, I've never been more pleased with my purchase than I am right now, and I've been pretty damn happy all along How can anyone watch that and not be impressed!!

Hee hee, I'm glad I'm not watching that video or any subsequent ones, just reading positive posts like this is enough for me! I want to be wowed when I open my box, and it sounds like I will be!

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I wasn't super impressed... honestly the rule set to date reminded me of something from "Black Hole" era Gottliebs. Hit a BUNCH of stuff... then get a mode tied to that area of the game.

How many shots is it to start the Emerald City Multiball? LION, TINMAN, SCARECROW... plus the 3 lock shots... twenty-ish? I know some hits will be gimmes for completing/missing other shots, but still it SEEMS like a lot. And the jackpots are worth 2,000 vs. a skillshot worth 5,000? That seems... underwhelming.

And not being able (apparently) to choose which mode to you are starting most of the time (hit the seven(!) RAINBOW targets, then make a shot... and you get a random mode. Can't I choose what mode I get to make things more strategic? No, apparently in the default current build.

Am I a hater? Your call. But these were the thoughts that ran through my mind while watching this.

#149 10 years ago

I also think making the rollover buttons such an important part of the game is silly. Since when was shooting rollovers ever satisfying? Or a row of rainbow standup targets...meh...

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

blame the people who make the wifi hardware for that windows works good and has build in tools that work for linking. Linux is more hit or miss with wifi.

Now a web browser and or support. so you can use Ethernet to wifi boxes I have seen some other home AV hardware that can detect some Ethernet to wifi boxes and use it's own build in menus to set them up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rule-video/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.