(Topic ID: 100387)

WOZ-Ruby Red thread(for those of us waiting)

By juanton

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dluth
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Woz3.jpg
Woz5.jpg
Woz4.jpg
Woz2.jpg
Woz1.jpg
20141218_112521.jpg
image.jpg
red shooter base.jpg
image.jpg
11-14-14 121.JPG
11-14-14 119.JPG
11-14-14 117.JPG
11-14-14 113.JPG
11-14-14 112.JPG
11-14-14 111-319.JPG
11-14-14 109-125.JPG
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago

Well, if true that's a kick in the nuts for anyone waiting on a green one still.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well that's a kick in the nuts for anyone waiting on a green one still.

i am sure anyone still waiting has enough callous built up from previous kicks in the genitalia it doesn't really hurt any more seriously, the greens must be finished soon so whats the use of more drama?

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Reds are now shipping .

Quoted from ek77:

check his FB page

You should start a topic if that's true.

#54 9 years ago

Ek is referring to the one at joystix. He doesn't have the wear withal to read the threads that already exist on the topic. But yes probably a few more weeks and they begin.

#55 9 years ago

I think Tigerlaw started a thread about this exact machine. I haven't seen anyone post that they have received a RR.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ek is referring to the one at joystix. He doesn't have the wear withal to read the threads that already exist on the topic. But yes probably a few more weeks and they begin.

image-180.jpgimage-180.jpg

It's on topic because they're wearing red.

Translation for EK: There uniforms are read.

#57 9 years ago

Typical Eck

#58 9 years ago

Yup. Par for the course with him.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Reds are now shipping .

Why does this guy constantly want to stir the pot? It is clear that major progress is being made. Even if some work on reds were starting due to timing of parts/etc, it wouldn't bother me. What is important to me is seeing post after post of people getting their machines. That is what is important. I know JJP is trying to get the LE's done. Enough said on this! Geesh...

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Why does this guy constantly want to stir the pot?

I think RobT forgot to send him the memo that the the war is over. There was no clear winner, only survivors. (j/k Rob)

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Reds are now shipping .

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha ......Karma points????

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

I think RobT forgot to send him the memo that the the war is over. There was no clear winner, only survivors. (j/k Rob)

It was almost 8 months ago that Jack said that all remaining LE's would be shipped in "90 days ISH".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-jjp-have-the-credibilty-left-to-take-pre-payment-for-3/page/5#post-1377892

#63 9 years ago

My LE will be here tomorrow and I'm near the end of the line. My guess is 2 to 3 weeks of LE's left and the Rubys will be started. It really won't be long now as the factory is cranking them out at a decent pace.

#64 9 years ago

What are you guys doing for leg protectors? Just going to use the felt, or plastic, or metal??

#65 9 years ago

I'm actually getting the last ecle. I'll post when I get my game.

Chris.

Ps I was told it will be a week or so recently.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I should add that I did the prepay plan for my WOZ ECLE #825 and for The Hobbit LE #825.

That's the reason why I am not in on WOZ and TH. Thanks a lot man!

#67 9 years ago

I've got to add be ready. About 3 weeks ago I was told "end of Sept." Aug 26th Jen called to say it was ready to be shipped. Aug 27th the local trucker called for delivery (New Jersey to Virginia in 1 day!) but 'was out of town so delivery today. To anybody still waiting and a little ticked off (understandably), once you get the call all that goes away.
Congrats to all that have stuck with it so long!

#68 9 years ago

I tried to get a specific # today, I cannot, they are almost all taken up.

On a side note, my dist says "They are all Built, waiting to be shipped" "you should expect yours at the end of Sept"

... so hopefully he is not mis-informed, I trust the info here, so hopefully he is not pulling my leg.

#69 9 years ago

Are you both talking about the Ruby Red version?

#70 9 years ago

I got the email today from Jen. The week of October 6th for me. Looks like the ECLE's are about wrapped up.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

I got the email today from Jen. The week of October 6th for me. Looks like the ECLE's are about wrapped up.

Check JJP facebook. Last batches are almost done.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Are you both talking about the Ruby Red version?

yes, I think my distributor is mis-informed, like I said, I trust the info here (pinside) more than a dude pushing $ to sell nib pins, trying to butter me up
lol

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

yes, I think my distributor is mis-informed, like I said, I trust the info here (pinside) more than a dude pushing $ to sell nib pins, trying to butter me up
lol

I dunno...I bet the ECLEs are done in two or three weeks. Might put the ruby ones at the end of this month...

#74 9 years ago

According to Alex/Pinchroma, after the LEs are wrapped up, there are some Regulars to produce, and THEN the Reds!

So still a little bit of a wait to go.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

According to Alex/Pinchroma, after the LEs are wrapped up, there are some Regulars to produce, and THEN the Reds!
So still a little bit of a wait to go.

No not really. There will likely be reds and standards built in parallel depending on when they were ordered. Not much wait left at all.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No not really. There will likely be reds and standards built in parallel depending on when they were ordered. Not much wait left at all.

EXCELLENT!

Hey, Alex, anticipating my (well, my DAUGHTER'S) Red soon, is the issue with metal shavings from pop bumper rings resolved? Just want to know before I start playing. Which will be very soon now!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

EXCELLENT!
Hey, Alex, anticipating my (well, my DAUGHTER'S) Red soon, is the issue with metal shavings from pop bumper rings resolved? Just want to know before I start playing. Which will be very soon now!

Not sure? My game doesn't have the issue. Some do some don't so i can't say for sure. If you are worried i would just sand the ring down slightly. Only takes a few mins to take it out of the game.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

EXCELLENT!

From someone who already has one (an ECLE i should add), FWIW, I noticed a tiny amount of metal "dust" around the pop bumper next to the CB when i went to clean the PF after a month. I saw the ppl on the JJP google group mentioning shaving the one down to stop it. I was going to do it but ended up procrastinating... a few months went buy and the last two times I've wiped down the PF, no shavings. So my lazyness paid off, lol. So in the end, not something i ended up being too particularly concerned about. Something I would at least look out for tho.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I sure hope not since they have Hobbit LE's to build!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Why does this guy constantly want to stir the pot? It is clear that major progress is being made. Even if some work on reds were starting due to timing of parts/etc, it wouldn't bother me. What is important to me is seeing post after post of people getting their machines. That is what is important. I know JJP is trying to get the LE's done. Enough said on this! Geesh...

Trying to stir the pot no just passing along public information off a numbered game being shipped.
I find the funny thing is just how many people got upset by games being shipped. In the end this shows why pre pay has no future people get all pissy about order of games shipped.

#81 9 years ago

^^^ As if you have ANY credibility. Sorry you like to stir the shit pot and lick the spoon

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

^^^ As if you have ANY credibility. Sorry you like to stir the shit pot and lick the spoon

Now we know why games are slow to get out you spend the workday on Pinside.

#83 9 years ago

^^^ LOL I don't work or have anything to do with game production. Dude just give it a rest. You are the single most thumbs downed person on this forum in the last 6 months by a LARGE margin.

Some folks just can't take a hint.

#84 9 years ago

Far from prepay being over I'm ready to do it again. Hobbit doesn't appeal to me ( I'm kind of old) but if the 3rd JJP title is decent I'd prepay again even though WOZLE was a really long wait.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

apart from the red accents, and 75anniv. topper.. whats it got over the other editions ?
just wondering, thnks.

238.jpg238.jpg
#86 9 years ago

I want one!

#87 9 years ago

any news?!?

anyone getting theirs soon?

#88 9 years ago

The latest factory pictures (about a week old now) didn't show any Ruby's in progress yet but it has to be soon now.

#89 9 years ago

Mine is suppose to ship the week of Oct 6th Very excited

#90 9 years ago

As a buyer of The Hobbit, watching all these WOZs go out is really getting me excited!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Mine is suppose to ship the week of Oct 6th Very excited

mine is to ship week of sept 29 very excited here too

#92 9 years ago

Local distributor says they will have reds oct 15

#93 9 years ago

Okay guys, mine is set to ship next week (from what I was told). This is the most expensive NIB I've ever purchased so taking the proper steps to protect would be a smart move. What all do you guys plan on doing prior to playing if anything? I'll list a few options below, if you guys agree/disagree or have something to add to the list let me know!

Playfield Protector - http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WOZ-PF-PROTECTOR

(I know there may be overlap between the playfield protector and the Cliffys but I don't know what would work/not work together, hence this post)

Full Set of Cliffy Protectors - http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

Indypinhead's Plastic Protectors - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-plastic-protectors-for-sale

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Okay guys, mine is set to ship next week

POIDH !

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Okay guys, mine is set to ship next week (from what I was told). This is the most expensive NIB I've ever purchased so taking the proper steps to protect would be a smart move. What all do you guys plan on doing prior to playing if anything? I'll list a few options below, if you guys agree/disagree or have something to add to the list let me know!
Playfield Protector - http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-WOZ-PF-PROTECTOR
(I know there may be overlap between the playfield protector and the Cliffys but I don't know what would work/not work together, hence this post)
Full Set of Cliffy Protectors - http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm
Indypinhead's Plastic Protectors - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-plastic-protectors-for-sale

The full playfield protector would likely require you to remove just about everything off the top of the playfield to install it.

#96 9 years ago

I'll post pics when/if it happens next week

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The full playfield protector would likely require you to remove just about everything off the top of the playfield to install it.

If that saves me from doing a playfield swap at some point during the life of the game, I have no problem with that.

#98 9 years ago

Get the lockwhenlit.com full playfield plastics protector set:
http://www.lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

If that saves me from doing a playfield swap at some point during the life of the game, I have no problem with that.

Then, with the full playfield protector, make sure to do the cliffys and full plastic protector set all at the same time.
That way you will not have to remove the mini-playfields multiple times.
Plan on spending about 10 to 20 hours.

#100 9 years ago

I got word that my allotment of WOZ75's will be shipping the last week of Sept (or give or take a week or so just in case)... I'd like to have all my games in my allotment put in the queue for that time vs having a few stragglers - I have only 2 left to sell. It's just easier to pay my invoice in full, close out the allotment, get all games shipped and head into the fall concentrating on the Hobbit full steam.

So... I have 2 WOZ 75's that can be on their way in a few weeks... If interested contact me for info... shoot me an email at [email protected] or call 570-357-0042.

Thank you,
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ruby-red-threadfor-those-of-us-waiting/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.