(Topic ID: 243081)

WOZ RR Questions (2.0 GI lighting, touch-up paint)

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0516192016 (resized).jpg
0516191334 (resized).jpg
0516191334a (resized).jpg
0516191334b (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone, just took delivery of my second WOZ today, a RR. Even with all my complaining I'm still buying JJP! Had a few issues that I am looking in to, any advice?

1. It has the 2.0 light boards but there are some issues with the lighting. I am going to check cables, etc. but I am now only familiar with troubleshooting the 5v light boards. Here is a video album with the issues: https://photos.app.goo.gl/roFBtFmU9DNdPsVF6 Basically I see a few issues. When in GI test on white there are 2-3 lights which are a dark pink. One of those lights, the upper lane light, flickers. When in other colors (green/blue) those lights which are pink are the correct color but are extremely dim AND the right inlane light flickers and goes off. Where should I start with this?

2. Is there touch-up paint that closely matches the RR red powder coat? I have a few spots to mend.

Got a few other small issues that I'm not going to post about since I have some skill in looking in to basic issues. Thanks!!

#2 4 years ago

Follow-up on paint question, is this normal for the powder coat? I more want to know because I was considering getting my TOM ramps coated and now am worried they will end up worn off where the ball travels. Maybe plating is the way to go.

0516191334 (resized).jpg0516191334 (resized).jpg0516191334a (resized).jpg0516191334a (resized).jpg0516191334b (resized).jpg0516191334b (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Dang Harry - don’t you work? Just kidding. How many plays are on that RR? I was looking at mine the other day because I’m thinking about powder coating my Hobbit, and my WOZ looks brand new compared to your pics.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Dang Harry - don’t you work? Just kidding. How many plays are on that RR? I was looking at mine the other day because I’m thinking about powder coating my Hobbit, and my WOZ looks brand new compared to your pics.

LOL... sorta? I do a lot of multitasking heh.

You know, I didn't look at that. Not sure if it will have the true plays with software updates but I'll take a look. It was used in an arcade and home use so it got some play. Looks like it needs some decent cleaning, I started in with some novus and my rag was quite black. I am going to replace all the rubbers so when I pull off the plastics and ramp I'll really get in there and polish it up.

#5 4 years ago

It was a routed machine right? I'd expect heavy wear like that if it was.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It was a routed machine right? I'd expect heavy wear like that if it was.

Yeah, I mean the owner has an arcade so it was played. I thought PC would stand up better than that. I think I'm going to go with the brass plated for my TOM.

#7 4 years ago

Maybe just a basic candy apple red touchup pen would help out. There are some tiny spots on the side rails as well.

https://www.amazon.com/ExpressPaint-2WayPen-Vision-Automotive-Touch-up/dp/B00M9LNNU2/ref=pd_sbs_263_1/135-6950872-1335243

#8 4 years ago

Welp, I basically answered my own question on the light board situation, however it brings up another question. The test was easy, those tiny GI boards are the same and easily swapped so I did that. It's definitely the boards, there are 7 of them which are problematic.

I thought the 2.0 system was "solid" and I shouldn't have to be replacing boards. Why should 7 of these be bad? LTG do you have any insight?

If they are cheap enough I'll just order all 20 (I think that is how many there are) because not all of them are the same shade/brightness and that is annoying my anality.

#9 4 years ago

Oh and to answer the plays question

Quoted from mountaingamer:

0516192016 (resized).jpg0516192016 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

22 thousand games played? Wow, must have been in a really popular location.

#11 4 years ago

It was obvious from the pics it was routed. I would take a routed one but price would have to be really right.

You should have just kept the one you got and bought another

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It was obvious from the pics it was routed. I would take a routed one but price would have to be really right.
You should have just kept the one you got and bought another

Price was really right, especially with the Gouvea witch mod. Condition is really excellent, I'm one to try and make it 100% so nit picky. It does not look like it has been played out. One spot on the playfield (behind the winky target, I think because it sits too low) and the ramp wear is basically it.

I mean.. I did keep the one I had and bought another, lol. I have an SE and a RR right now. But my SE is #140 or something and way worse on playfield wear and cabinet wear.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

22 thousand games played? Wow, must have been in a really popular location.

I have no idea what a lot of plays is like, so gotta take your word for it. I mean, it wasn't in some huge town .. as far as I know, it was in a small town in TN. Maybe it was somewhere before that, dunno.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rr-questions-20-gi-lighting-touch-up-paint- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.