• Latest reply 2 years ago by hisokajp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-10-26_12-22-06 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

I've read other posts about this issue, but they seem a little different than mine. The door is clear of the release and the spring does not seem to be interfering. But, the door is not opening the entire way to the door stop, preventing the ball from ejecting. Any help appreciated.

Here is a link to a video of the partial open:

https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0RcgZCeyb9p1QwKWBGswuRArg

Here is a still image of the partial open:

Still Image of Partial Door Open Taken from VideoStill Image of Partial Door Open Taken from Video

#2 5 years ago

Lossen the door pivet mech from below and slighty adjust. Very minor usually just binding a bit in the bronze bushing. Good luck with an awesome game.

#3 5 years ago

I know this may sound dumb, but any idea of the hex/allen wrench size needed to adjust? I have 4 sets and none of them fit.

#4 5 years ago

This is interesting you posted this. I have this exact same problem. With mine only it starts to do it after the game has been on for awhile.

#5 5 years ago

Paging #LTG to the Woz office. Doctor fine, doctor Howard, doctor fine.....

#6 5 years ago

I discovered wrench is 7/32 which only some sets have. I ended up ordering a new motor. Seems to be overheating. I could get it to work for a little while and then it would not open the entire way again. I made many adjustments with no consistent fix. Other door continues to work fine.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from smartinec:

I discovered wrench is 7/32 which only some sets have. I ended up ordering a new motor. Seems to be overheating. I could get it to work for a little while and then it would not open the entire way again. I made many adjustments with no consistent fix. Other door continues to work fine.

Yep sounds like the motor. They wear out and get weak as you are seeing. I ended up replacing all of mine when I had one go bad just to be safe.

1 year later
#8 3 years ago

Bumping this old thread to thank smartinec for his details.

I am having the exact same problem with the door. Like him I was finding it impossible to remove the set screws - now I know why, I need 7/32.
And I also know I need to replace the motors.

The one question I have: when you replaced the motors did you transfer the capacitors over? Can you do without them, or do the replacements come with them fitted already?

8 months later
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The one question I have: when you replaced the motors did you transfer the capacitors over? Can you do without them, or do the replacements come with them fitted already?

Same question here, my door was half opening, replaced the motor but it still happens once in a while?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-right-castle-door-partial-open?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.