Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4549.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I had never seen one in person until expo. This is my first expo. There were lots of things to ooh and ahh over.

WoZ is amazing. It's hard to take it in after a couple of plays, there is so much going on. I loved the ball save! Made me want to play it every time. The LCD screen is so much better than any DMD I have ever seen there is no way to compare. They are on different planets. If you care at all about what is displayed on the display...WoZ is the best. The shots flowed, I had no trouble making the basic shots, flippers rocked.

I could not see in the middle...what is up with that? I have read you guys complaining about this but it's hard to imagine how they did not see this and address it. I would definitely add light to the middle and lower playfield, upper was fine.

I tilted it once. And that's good as I tend to throw the machines around quite a bit - which by the way WoZ encourages.

If you have not played the mini games for ball saves...dudes and dudettes you are missing out. That in itself adds a whole new dimension for me to pinball. It's like shaking to get the ball to an inlane on steroids. I love it.

I played two player with a really nice guy, he smoked my score. BUT man it was FUN.

For me and Jim McCune, that's all that matters, right Gabby?

PS - I realize now that I have been here longer than some...I may not be a newbie anymore. If you don't know this already me and Jim are friends. He has my AFM. AND YES I am still going to have him restore it REGARDLESS of a repro.

pps- oh yeah, my rating. Did not play enough to rate it yet but I will say this is no AC/DC as far as sound. That is soooo subjective though because I love listening to ac/dc while playing pinball. And I could not crank it, but I don't get the impression I would like the theme music cranked. Maybe ac/dc in jukebox mode while playing woz ? WoZ goes right next to AC/DC in my game room.

#2 10 years ago

Glad to see you liked the game so much.
    As a knock against it, I'd point out that it's not very obvious as to what you're supposed to do (in my opinion).
    The thing is, once you understand the rules a little, you decide on a strategy of what to work on, it gets even better than your description.
    Keep playing it!

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

WoZ goes right next to AC/DC in my game room.

It's already next to mine! Help is on the way tomorrow to set up, just arrived this aft!

#4 10 years ago

Nice review! Thank you for sharing. Glad to see you enjoying the game so much. JJP seems to have hit it out of the park with their first machine.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's already next to mine! Help is on the way tomorrow to set up, just arrived this aft!

Holy Crap! Smeagal finally got his precious. LOL. Congrats man. Is their any chance you give it an unbiased review? Can't wait to hear what you think after years of waiting.

#6 10 years ago

Rommy, I hope you have not lost your friend card with Jim for liking WOZ.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Holy Crap! Smeagal finally got his precious. LOL. Congrats man. Is their any chance you give it an unbiased review? Can't wait to hear what you think after years of waiting.

No sh*t, the biggest Woz kool aid drinker finally gets to play it, hard to believe, I'll get to play it all weekend and yes I'll try and give it an unbiased review.....I've professed my love for Ac/dc which will be sitting right next to it so I can't wait to have both going....

#8 10 years ago

Your review is right on target with my feelings about WOZ. Brilliant technology, plays really well, and has those highly innovative ballsave mini games. But the GI is just *horrific*. I just don't understand how that could have gotten past any level of testing. I personally don't think much of the theme, but it is a classic, so I understand the decision.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I
    PS - I realize now that I have been here longer than some...I may not be a newbie anymore. If you don't know this already me and Jim are friends. He has my AFM. AND YES I am still going to have him restore it REGARDLESS of a repro.

I've seen McCunes work on RobTs AFM in person and it is insane! No way a remake will look that nice! True collectors quality craftsmanship.

#10 10 years ago

No way man. He knows that I, like him, like playing pinball. Raking leaves? Pinball is way better any day...

Besides - I cloaked my new found WoZ love in AC/DC praise I should be in Washington...NOT.

#11 10 years ago

I am going to Vegas tomorrow to open a WOZLE . Here is Rommy's AFM so far.

IMG_4549.JPGIMG_4549.JPG
    #12 10 years ago

I would post more pics of Jim's work, but it ALWAYS turns into a shitfest and y'all have seen AFM restored before. Suffice to say I am like HYPED to get it. But y'all knew that.

I stopped in one more time today. Frikkin WoZ has a line starting as soon as they open the doors. But I also could not get onto Metallica ever.

#13 10 years ago

Oh yeah...LOOK AT THAT CABINET! badass!

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I would post more pics of Jim's work, but it ALWAYS turns into a shitfest and y'all have seen AFM restored before. Suffice to say I am like HYPED to get it. But y'all knew that.
    I stopped in one more time today. Frikkin WoZ has a line starting as soon as they open the doors. But I also could not get onto Metallica ever.

Really? I played lots of MET. No real waits on the bank of 4. I like MET too--maybe not a top-10, but an above-average fun title. As for ST? *yawn* Very little to shoot at, and the overly-bright lights make it look cheap imo.

#15 10 years ago

My 8 y.o.'s observations:

-I can't see the ball
    -the ramp is like twilight zone
    -the flippers are weak
    -i like fish tales better

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Glad to see you liked the game so much.As a knock against it, I'd point out that it's not very obvious as to what you're supposed to do (in my opinion).The thing is, once you understand the rules a little, you decide on a strategy of what to work on, it gets even better than your description.Keep playing it!

Good point. It's not a great game to put a credit in and just play. You need a couple if weeks at home with it to figure everything out

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-review-rommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.