You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12864CA4-1FDC-4630-AAF2-861EF18EEEE5 (resized).jpeg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Have any WOZ owners seen this before?
My machine is on site. This has appeared onscreen several times now. I've opened a ticket with JJP but thought maybe someone else has had the same problem.
If you plug a keyboard in any hit F1 it will ask for a password, as there is no password you can't progress. Unplugging the keyboard prompts the machine straight to attract mode and everything seems and plays normal apart from machine being reset to defaults. Lost high scores etc...
However, the next day the venue called and the message has reappeared. To date I have checked the BIOS battery, all good at 3.1V. Reseated the hard drive cables, USB key and RAM.
Any suggestions??

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Might be too late today. Tomorrow call JJP and ask to talk to Ken. He's run into this before.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Found it :

Make sure power is OFF. Please check all connections inside the silver “chassis.” Especially check all USB connections from Mother Board (MB) to I/O board and cable connections to the hard drive (SSD) mounted on the side of the chassis…You will need to connect a keyboard to the MB….With the keyboard connected, power the game up, Press and hold F2, release it when you see signs the MB is booting up..Not sure exactly what happened, but the BIOS settings were upset……BTW not all games have a RESET switch, in fact most don't.
This usually resolves the problem, if not give us a call .....

If that doesn't do it, please call Frank tomorrow.

#4 8 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for that.
I did the plug re seats yesterday so haven't checked in with the venue yet but will call them this morning to follow up.
By the way, WOZ is smoking every other machine on my run by 3 times.

#5 8 years ago

Just out of curiosity, are the computers in WoZ overclocked? I've seen that before and it's normally when your CPU voltage isn't high enough to sustain the overclock and it becomes unstable.

#6 8 years ago

1) no they aren't overclocked.

2) the fix for this is simply to press f1 and let it reload the bios settings. Plug in a USB keyboard and you will be good to go.

2 years later
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Found it :
Make sure power is OFF. Please check all connections inside the silver “chassis.” Especially check all USB connections from Mother Board (MB) to I/O board and cable connections to the hard drive (SSD) mounted on the side of the chassis…You will need to connect a keyboard to the MB….With the keyboard connected, power the game up, Press and hold F2, release it when you see signs the MB is booting up..Not sure exactly what happened, but the BIOS settings were upset……BTW not all games have a RESET switch, in fact most don't.
This usually resolves the problem, if not give us a call .....
If that doesn't do it, please call Frank tomorrow.

My WOZ isn't booting. The fan on the motherboard is spinning, and that's about it. I'm getting 'No Signal' on the monitor. I've checked the connectors and the fuses. I've tried jumping pins 6&8 on JFP1 and nothing happened.
When I plug my USB dongle into the back of the motherboard for my keyboard, the little blue light on it doesn't go on, which would seem to suggest it's not getting any power. Same if I plug it into the USB port near the coin door. So maybe power not getting somewhere?
If anyone could help with what to do next that would be great!
PS this happened a couple of months ago, and I replaced the coin battery, and was then able to get the screen as above up and rebooted via my keyboard. It's not the battery now, as it's showing 5V (CR3032).

#8 5 years ago

Try disconnecting the monitor and see if it boots up blind.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try disconnecting the monitor and see if it boots up blind.

Thanks, I did that (unplugged the black and yellow wires from the back of the monitor) and no change, still does not boot.

#10 5 years ago

I wonder if their apparent lack of power to the UBS ports is a clue??

1 week later
#11 5 years ago

I’m getting help on this from a very kind pinsider (thanks Bud!) but just wondering if this is normal?
There’s a flashing red light on the I/O board at D201 (says CPU next to it). See pic.

12864CA4-1FDC-4630-AAF2-861EF18EEEE5 (resized).jpeg12864CA4-1FDC-4630-AAF2-861EF18EEEE5 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#12 5 years ago

I got onto Frank and he was very helpful. We zeroed it down to the motherboard, then Wayne my distributor discovered the RAM had failed. Put a new one in and my game’s working again.

Quoted from dluth:

My WOZ isn't booting. The fan on the motherboard is spinning, and that's about it. I'm getting 'No Signal' on the monitor. I've checked the connectors and the fuses. I've tried jumping pins 6&8 on JFP1 and nothing happened.
When I plug my USB dongle into the back of the motherboard for my keyboard, the little blue light on it doesn't go on, which would seem to suggest it's not getting any power. Same if I plug it into the USB port near the coin door. So maybe power not getting somewhere?
If anyone could help with what to do next that would be great!
PS this happened a couple of months ago, and I replaced the coin battery, and was then able to get the screen as above up and rebooted via my keyboard. It's not the battery now, as it's showing 5V (CR3032).

1 year later
#13 3 years ago

This just happened again (not booting, no playfield lights, fan is spinning).
I removed the RAM and seated it in the adjacent slot. This fixed the issue (had to reboot via F1 and a keyboard).
Hopefully this helps if anyone has the same issue - reseat the RAM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.