WOZ replacement pinballs (NOOB ALERT)

By Goronic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

What are the size and weight of the pinballs used in the WOZ pinball machine? Is there a recommended place to buy pinballs? Sorry, really really new to pinball.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

What are the size and weight of the pinballs used in the WOZ pinball machine? Is there a recommended place to buy pinballs? Sorry, really really new to pinball.

not to worry...we have all been there at one point.

Standards pinball 1 1/16th....
There are many places, I like Pinballife premium ultra gloss pinballs (oh so shinny). They are carbon core and good with games that have magnets.
$1.50/ball...buy more, get a couple bucks off.
www.pinballlife.com
ps...no affiliation with said co.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Vyzer2!

#4 9 years ago

And while you are at it get a couple of 1 1/2" standard size super bands (green) for your flippers. They are $1.95 each. Pinball Life is one of the better places to order items from. There are a lot of really nice looking mods you can get for your WOZ. Modfather probably has some of the better selections but there are others that make good stuff. A good game - lots of fun. If you have any problems there are a lot of people on this forum that can help you.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

not to worry...we have all been there at one point.
Standards pinball 1 1/16th....
There are many places, I like Pinballife premium ultra gloss pinballs (oh so shinny). They are carbon core and good with games that have magnets.
$1.50/ball...buy more, get a couple bucks off.
http://www.pinballlife.com
ps...no affiliation with said co.

Yep. Here is the direct link:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

#6 9 years ago

JJP indicates that these are the same balls that come with WOZ.

They work well in magnet games like WOZ.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

#7 9 years ago

Hey thanks for not being shy to ask questions and always very exciting to have new people on Pinside. I own WOZ and my favorite game right now. I really hope you're enjoying yours. It's not at all unusual for any pin regardless of model or manufacturer to need some tweaking at times. There are many great people on this site who can help you with any questions that might develop for you. Hope you will have a wonderful experience on Pinside!

#8 9 years ago

Hey Gonoric,
I was thinking since your new I'd try to give your some suggestions in taking good care of your WOZ. I hope you don't mind and perhaps you know some of these things, but since your new to pinball perhaps this will help.

1. If you ever see pitting, rust, or your pinballs seem very dull even after cleaning them replace them immediately. You have steel balls going over paint and wood. Old pinballs are one of the worst things for a playfield. Even if I see none of the above, I replace my pinballs in all my games at least every 6 months. Pinballs are quite cheap compared to the machines which can cost thousands of dollars or even more.

2. WOZ comes with black rubber rings. Some replace them to white which has more bounce and can speed the game up. I've left my black since that's how the game comes. Either way, you need to replace these probably 1-2 times a year unless you play your WOZ tons, then more often. White has the "advantage" of looking dirty over time. Black won't usually appear dirty but with play over time it will become dirty and dirt from that and the balls hitting the rubber will spread over your playfield over time. If you've ever played a pinball in arcade, bar, or a commercial site many times you will see very, very old rubber and pinballs and a very dirty and worn playfield sometimes even in games less than a year old. Cleaning your playfield gently, replacing the pinballs and rubbers goes a long game in keeping a game nice.

3. LTG or Lloyd has a subforum here and he works as a consultant for JJP who made WOZ and is very, very helpful. JJP also has its own forum which talks a lot about the next pins JJP will make, The Hobbit and about WOZ. Good tips there as needed as well.

4. If your game is used at home only and not commercially you shouldn't have to clean it real often. There are always tons of threads here about cleaning, waxing, and people have different methods that work for them. Avoid putting water on a playfield or waxes or items with petroleum in them. Same for plastics as petro can ruin them. I'm including a suggestion Lloyd (LTG) made awhile back in cleaning WOZ and I picked a bottle of this stuff and use it on my 2 pinball machines and works fine. Always clean before waxing, although some WOZ feel has enough protection and shouldn't need waxing ever, I think several see if differently and do give it a good waxing occasionally, even for home use machines.

This from Lloyd from an old thread about cleaning WOZ's playfield:

"When I was at the factory last June they were using Wizards Mist N Shine for a final wipe down prior to boxing and shipping.

I figured good enough for them, good enough for me. I found it on Amazon and got a couple bottles, and have used it ever since. And been quite happy with it.

I hear O'Riley's auto parts have it too.

LTG : )"

Although some people like it and a some don't, a lot of people use Novus 1 to clean plastics and playfields. Novus 2 and especially Novus 3 shouldn't be used unless you've bought a used machine and it's very filthy and I'd not recommend those for WOZ since hopefully it won't get that dirty.

Keep asking ?'s. Take care.

#9 9 years ago

One thing to note, don't use silverjets!!

#10 9 years ago

"One thing to note, don't use silverjets!!"

I'm not currently, but curious why not?

#11 9 years ago

they become magnitized over a realtively short period of time

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

they become magnitized over a realtively short period of time

^^ this. They are no good for games with magnets.

#13 9 years ago

"they become magnitized over a realtively short period of time"

Thanks good to know so I won't use them in WOZ.

#14 9 years ago

if you haven't placed your order yet, a pingulp beverage caddy is highly recommended

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-replacement-pinballs-noob-alert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.