(Topic ID: 43729)

WOZ Party / Open House in PA Sat 3/23 - Email for invite, PinballSTAR Amusements

By PinballSTAR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CraZ4Pin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010211.JPG
    P1010209.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

WOZ has arrived in Pennsylvania !

We will be having a 'small' private WOZ Party / Open House on Sat March 23rd from 12-5 pm with Jersey Jack Guarnieri in attendance - in Wilkes Barre, PA area - email [email protected] for details and invite. Current PinballSTAR Amusements customers get first invites then we will open up the rest of remaining spots to anyone else interested. Space is limited - get on the list before it's filled - we currently have more openings for those liking to come !

Wizard of Oz will be here to play as well as my personal collection of 100+ games both arcade and pinball dating from 1930's to today... Alot of rare stuff you won't likely see anywhere else... If interested in seeing what I have - go to our Facebook page and check out our photo albums. LIKE us while you're there !

This is the first time a WOZ will be in PA - so folks in PA, NJ, NY, CT, DE, MD, etc... that are within driving distance that would like to come see it please email me.

We will have some special items from JJP available nowhere else as either door prizes, purchase, or charity auction bidding... We will also JJP and WOZ items for sale - Invisiglass (Standard and Widebody) $ 295, WOZ Playfields $ 500, WOZ Art Backglasses $ 329, WOZ Translights $ 75. If you wanted to reserve anything please email me ahead of time as some supplies are limited. Jack will be here to sign anything and everything (well almost everything)...

We will have free PinballSTAR tshirts to for all who come, door prizes to be given away, we will have some mini-tournaments on WOZ with PinballSTAR Ipods as prizes, and we'll have some Pizza and Soda.

We will also incorporate something into the party to help assist towards raising funds for our PinballSTAR charity project to raise money to donate a WOZ to a children's hospital - not sure what just yet - maybe a small entry 'donation', or some silent auctions of some of the one of a kind WOZ items will have... those details to still be worked out.. And of course any orders made at any time for a JJP game through PinballSTAR Amusements will have a portion of the sale go towards our charity fund. AND $ 100 of each Playfield sale will also go into the fund as well !

There will be special pricing offers at the party for those interested in placing an order for a WOZ - available only for those in attendance so if you're thinking of buying a game here's your chance to do it right.

This isn't necessarily a sales only event so even if you bought a game from Jack or another distributor feel free to still come and see the game in person if you haven't - we're excited to get the game available to folks in our area who haven't had a chance to see it yet. It'll be a fun day with lots to do and a chance to make some new pinball friends.

For those that can't make it Sat 3/23 to the Release Party - we will be at the Hershey American Music and Pop Culture Expo the following weekend Fri 3/29 and Sat 3/30 with the WOZ ! Lots of neat stuff at that show - many genres of cool collecting stuff and bunch of celebrities as well. It's also the opening weekend for Hersheypark's Springtime in the Park so come and bring the family - visit the show, say hi to us, play WOZ, and spend some time at Hersheypark !
    Info @ www.usatheatres.com/conventions

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042

LIKE 'PinballSTAR Amusements' on Facebook !

#3 11 years ago

I forgot to add I will also have a number of items from my personal collection here for sale. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you'd like any info / pricing. Pictures of everything for sale listed here are on our Facebook page - search PinballSTAR Amusements and LIKE us and check out the Photos section.

Minstrel Man woodrail pinball (project)
    World Beauties woodrail pinball (project)
    Melody wedgehead pinball (project)
    1933 Rockola World Series pre-war pinball (fully restored)
    Ultrapin - video pinball (loaded with hundreds of tables)
    (2) Off Road Thunder driving / racing games - linked together
    Rare unusual English Marionette Puppet show arcade piece
    Victorian Slot Machine (needs a fix)
    1950 Wurlitzer 1250 Jukebox (fully restored)

#4 11 years ago

Is this a prototype or the first real pin shipped?

#6 11 years ago

Hi everyone - we have a nice group coming up for the WOZ party on this Saturday 3/23, 12-5pm. We still have a few spaces available for others who might like to come and see the game and my personal collection. We have people coming from NY, NJ, PA, MD as far as 5 hours away !

I have 100 or so games in my collection and they can be seen on the 'PinballSTAR Amusements' Facebook page - check it out. Play some rare titles like BBB, MM, Joust, Jolly Park, Rat Race, MM, MB, AFM, and even pre-war pinballs, woodrails, and wedgeheads - we have them all ! And that's just the pinballs - the other half of the collection is all sorts of arcade games from the 40's on - penny arcade, gun, manikin, bowling, video, baseball pitch and bat, etc...

We are located in the Wilkes Barre / Scranton area of Northeast PA - 1 hour north of Allentown. Jack will be there to mingle and sign anything you might have or buy. We will have plenty of giveaways - Tshirts / WOZ flyers, one of kind JJP factory goodies as door prizes, mini-tournaments, food, etc... Just a fun day to meet up with other pinball folks and enjoy some good playtime on a WOZ. You don't have to buy anything, be a current customer, or anything - even if you bought a game from Jack or another distributor already and want to come visit - we just want to get people in PA who haven't see the WOZ yet to come and enjoy it.

Feel free to email me for official invite instructions to : [email protected]

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042

#7 11 years ago

i am soo bummed that i am busy that saturday and the the weekend you will be at hershey

#8 11 years ago

Man! Would love to do this. I have relatives in the area and this would be a perfect time for a visit. Gotta check with the wife....

#9 11 years ago

nick and spfxted -

please feel free to contact me, [email protected], to come to our showroom at any other time to enjoy the WOZ !

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042

#10 11 years ago

Thanks Joe!!

#11 11 years ago

Just talked to Jack and he said the WOZ game we are having delivered tomorrow to PinballSTAR Amusements is the first game produced with the newer / final production board set ! Pretty excited - basically regardless of the number - this is going to be the first real production game and not a prototype.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just talked to Jack and he said the WOZ game we are having delivered tomorrow to PinballSTAR Amusements is the first game produced with the newer / final production board set ! Pretty excited - basically regardless of the number - this is going to be the first real production game and not a prototype.

Wish I was closer

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hey posted on the Woz group that those boards weren't arriving until next week. Strange

#14 11 years ago

Will a WOZ cardboard packing box be there?

Just having some fun

GL

#15 11 years ago

Joe - please be sure to take a few good quality photos of the guts. From what I hear, there may be a few surprises in there.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

What about everything else on the game? Playfield components are the final production ones too? Final working LE topper? Goodie bag? What will the software release be? Or just the boards are the latest?

#18 11 years ago

I will take plenty of pictures and post on our Facebook page (keyword - PinballSTAR Amusements)... Anyone wanting to see anything specific just ask. I'll be taking plenty of pictures / videos from our WOZ release party tomorrow. I did post pictures of the delivery and setup from yesterday - check them out on FB. (I am going to start a separate thread on that, but stopped here to answer your questions).

The boards are there - they are being made daily for use in the games now being made... Actually no other games in the wild now will be able to recieve any new updates - anything further now will be done geared to the new board set from what I understand. We are running Version 63 and will get all the new ones as they come out...

I can tell you that those of us here were really impressed with everything. Case in point Ray Brackins from Wide Area Repair in PA was here doing some work for us and he was really blown away - immediately stated he needs to buy one for his showroom near Phili. Those of you who know Ray - know he's a top notch repair / service guy. That's the impression everyone has when they see it for the first time - the cabinet, the LCD screen animations, the crystal ball, the playfield layout and shots, the audio, etc... just phenomenal product. Ray even commented after we took the lockdown bar off 'Look at the thickness of the wood !'... Good stuff folks... Everyone's patience will be rewarded.

This game is a Standard Edition with the standard topper - the Emerald City one you've all been seeing on the LE's... The LE topper will be revealed soon - hmmm... maybe even here at PinballSTAR Amusements tomorrow... Keep posted to our Facebook page - LIKE us and maybe you'll see something ??? : )~

Oh, I didn't get freaking box either - just bubble wrapped ! SONOFA.... lol.... I got the game so I guess I'm ok... but I laughed outloud at your post Pinballwizard79 - I deserved it... ! I'm going to have to have Jack bring me a box tomorrow and sign it - instant collector's item.

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042
    [email protected]

P1010209.JPGP1010209.JPG

#19 11 years ago

Man your lighting is too bright and harsh for pinball.

#20 11 years ago

That's the arcade room where we had the most room for the WOZ - the pinball room has dimmer lighting. Or this... Look at the colors pop ! : ) P1010211.JPGP1010211.JPG

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

That's the arcade room where we had the most room for the WOZ - the pinball room has dimmer lighting. Or this... Look at the colors pop ! : )

Can you take some close-ups of the playfield? I'd like to see if anything on the playfield has changed from the prototypes out there now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-release-party-in-pa-sat-323-email-for-invite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.