Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joel-osteen.jpg
girl_woz_tickets.jpg
imagesVHI7F53Q.jpg
Stern_PinRedemption.jpg
885.jpg
image-180.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago

Haven't pins had ticket dispenser options for forever? My 1990 TMNT had an option for tickets. What is different about this that will make that strategy work now? A topper? Possibly custom animations on the LCD in attract mode? I dunno. I personally think a pin is too complicated to loop kids in with tickets. They might try it once, but if they are just banging a ball around with no idea about what they need to do to get the max number of tickets, I doubt they will stick around. Unlike, say, those timing games where they keep trying to achieve the (fake) high payoff of hitting a button at the exact right time to maximize tickets. I've seen kids just park on the simple games they can understand trying to buy their jackpot.

Maybe Jack has figured out a way to simplify the process for operators, but this sounds to me like he is just offering a standard option pin makers have been including for decades, not suddenly offering something that will save location pinball.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

There it is...cutting a huge hole in side of cabinet ouch... Wonder if it's a rules and timer based?

It looks like all of the tickets are self contained in that unit, so at worst my guess would be drilling a hole for some cables to connect.

As for timed games, WhoDunnit had timed games. As did safecracker. I am still skeptical if attaching ticket spitters to traditional pins will make them that much more attractive to younger redemption-addict kiddie-gamblers. It still is totally not obvious what actions to take in order to maximize ticket wins (unless the playfield is redesigned), and it still looks like one of those "Old pinball thingies" that kids ignore.

Now replace the playfield with a screen, and then your dynamic playfield art can suddenly very clearly tell you what your simple goals are for maximizing tickets. Make that screen interactive with the ball, showing the kind of interactive gameplay these kids experience every day on their touchscreen devices, and I think you might have a pinball redemption winner!

Now if only there were a platform that had the versatility to offer deep games us traditional Pinheads love, technology kids love, and gameplay options that can dynamically change to adapt to both groups, thus satisfying the widest range of audience possible, and offering us unlimited possibilities for the future of the Hobby.

Surely all of pinside would be talking about that and not excitement or disappointment over which decades old theme the latest game offers.

Sigh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-redemption-pin-unveiled?tu=sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.