Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joel-osteen.jpg
girl_woz_tickets.jpg
imagesVHI7F53Q.jpg
Stern_PinRedemption.jpg
885.jpg
image-180.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's sad, but I'd love to see a test program with pinball where you drop a coin in, the ball immediately auto plunges (no pressing start button), and you have 15 seconds to wack the ball around, and tickets come out. That would be a money maker most likely.

That's not too far from what we have. I suppose I could think about avoid the start button. Right now, you have to press it.

Quoted from ek77:

If you think all redemption games cost $10,000 plus I have a bridge to sell you.

Just all the ones that earn.

Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

Will this work with Hobbit too? If so can we get it factory installed on Hobbit?

The Pindemption system is part of our core coding, so yes, all games will support it. I don't know what the plans are for factory installation, we haven't really talked about it yet. No promises, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was an option.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Am I missing something? This just looks like some tickets jammed under the coin door.

The game at the show does not have a ticket dispenser, you are correct. It's just show. Kind of like this picture:

I still love ya, SteveI still love ya, Steve

Rest assured, though, the game in our office does have a dispenser and it works just fine.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

The problem with pins and tickets is that it wasn't their original purpose and Stern didn't do any real code/game changes or otherwise highlight the fact that you can win tickets (other than lousy banner in tournament topper spot), or how many. Kids who want tickets want them quick, they want them flashy, they want them cheap WoZ is flashy for a pin but it's still a pin, so I'll be interested to check this out and see how well it does at locations.

We definitely highlight the fact you can win tickets and when you get them during the game. We have changed the software so that tickets are goal-based not score-based or extra ball-based or replay/special-based. The game doesn't even show you a score, it shows you how many tickets you have won that game.

Maybe someone will get a video of it from the show.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The problem is Pinball is too hard for the redemption market. Let's face it, these kids suck at pinball. Very few are going to be able to complete any goals and they just don't have the patience to learn. Redemption works on luck and the fact that no matter how badly you do, the game spits out a crapload of tickets.

While I understand your cynicism, I don't really share it. I like to think we have some clue as to what we're doing, and pictures like this:

Prodigy?Prodigy?

make me think we're on the right track. She's in for 9 tickets already, can't see how much time is left (ENHANCE!).

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Now wasn't that an uplifting post?

It's also based on history and doesn't address the way we're handling it at all. It's a new product; we'll see how it does. Most of us have been around the industry long enough to have a pretty good idea of what we're attempting and doing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_keefer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-redemption-pin-unveiled?tu=pinball_keefer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.