Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joel-osteen.jpg
girl_woz_tickets.jpg
imagesVHI7F53Q.jpg
Stern_PinRedemption.jpg
885.jpg
image-180.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

The fact that someone like Keith Elwin could dominate a ticket dispensing Wizard of Oz would be the reason that these machines would be allowed to exist at all outside of Las Vegas. It becomes a clear demonstration that it is a game of skill versus a game of luck. Operators would celebrate the existence of people like Keith, but hope Keith never visits their arcade.
Last I checked, arcade basketball are also games of skill and I don't think they have any problem making money for operators, despite players like this:
» YouTube video

Wow on the video! He must have gathered up all the balls from the other machines in order to do that.

--Luke

#102 9 years ago

I think the strange thing about the Florida situation is that it appears to be banning any form of significant payout. The previous division in determining legality was between games-of-luck and games-of-skill.

In Florida, the division seems to have shifted to between games-with-payout and games-with-no-payout. An alternative interpretation is games-with-variable-payout and games-with-fixed-payout (which is presumably less than the player's input cost and includes zero payout). This could ban even the arcade basketball machine which is as purely skill-based as imaginable.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I think the strange thing about the Florida situation is that it appears to be banning any form of significant payout. The previous division in determining legality was between games-of-luck and games-of-skill.
In Florida, the division seems to have shifted to between games-with-payout and games-with-no-payout. An alternative interpretation is games-with-variable-payout and games-with-fixed-payout (which is presumably less than the player's input cost and includes zero payout). This could ban even the arcade basketball machine which is as purely skill-based as imaginable.

A arcade on the north shore of Ma has a number of redemption games and redemption slot machines. That is why some states would like to keep win's small.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's also based on history and doesn't address the way we're handling it at all. It's a new product; we'll see how it does. Most of us have been around the industry long enough to have a pretty good idea of what we're attempting and doing.

I run a Tron at Marvin's with the Stern system. It spits out plenty of tickets (scored based and auto adjusts to try and award a certain number of tickets per game). At one time you could also set goals but don't think that is in there now. A big score wins well over 100 tickets.

The number one thing that it needs is the ability to allow players to over ride the tickets and play for replays instead. Something like "Hold both flippers for 5 seconds to play for replays". So would be great if that was put in the JJP system.

The JJP system sounds great and we will try it on Marvin's game (assuming a reasonable price).

BTW, the Stern system significantly added to plays and earnings on Tron.

#105 9 years ago

I really hope I'm wrong and this whole redemption pinball takes off and leads to a revival.

#106 9 years ago

I think it's probably the biggest thing I've read on here. I believe the key is the big screen. It always was a great attract mode but now it can be used for ticket animations it really could multiply plays because if the tickets have done well on Stern games this is going to do much better. Jack did say pinball is back !

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Just to clarify (for those that asked), Stern pins have had a ticket option. I was actually working on a TSPP yesterday which just has a ticket slot in one of the bill acceptor plates with a standard ticket hopper inside. Then of course a few years ago Stern unveiled the huge ticket hopper that mounts on the side of the cabinet (seen above). The problem with pins and tickets is that it wasn't their original purpose and Stern didn't do any real code/game changes or otherwise highlight the fact that you can win tickets (other than lousy banner in tournament topper spot), or how many. Kids who want tickets want them quick, they want them flashy, they want them cheap WoZ is flashy for a pin but it's still a pin, so I'll be interested to check this out and see how well it does at locations.
And as for other redemption games...yes they are expensive new. And if it's not, 99% chance its just an overseas knock-off that turns into a giant paperweight once parts fail (quickly) and you can't get replacements. I clicked on a few of those sub $4k whack-a-mole games and I've seen them all...junk junk junk.
But even more OT, I was messing with a newer ticket redemption game yesterday called Black Out. Friggin awesome technology...massive pass-through (transparent) display with a touchscreen overlay. I think most kids are overwhelmed by it though.

That Blackout machine looks amazing. One of those transparent screens would make an awesome overlay for a modern update of Pinball 2000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-redemption-pin-unveiled/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.