Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by blue95
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

joel-osteen.jpg
girl_woz_tickets.jpg
imagesVHI7F53Q.jpg
Stern_PinRedemption.jpg
885.jpg
image-180.jpg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Different programming..ticket dispenser... Timed game... Arcade operators here they come

image-180.jpg

#3 4 years ago

Anything that gets younger people playing a little pinball has to be good for the hobby in the long run.

#4 4 years ago

interesting.... thanks for sharing and hope it clicks in the arcades!

#5 4 years ago

Curious how these will sell with operators ???
And if they will do well on location only other redemption pin I can think of is mushroom world

#6 4 years ago

The redemption puzzle needs to be figured out for pinball, but it would have been better to make this a kit for all WOZ, not a separate machine.

Timed play for redemption is good, would be nice if a machine could do double duty and if someone wants to play for points for fun (regular pinball) they hold the right flipper or something and press start.

#7 4 years ago

It will be a kit also for those who already own WOZs...more to come...

#8 4 years ago

This only makes sense. Don't Sterns offer redemption?

#9 4 years ago

Time for Punchy the ClownR

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't think it really took off for them or that they put much effort in it. They showed a giant ticket dispenser that attacked by cutting a hole in the side of the cabinet. And there was no special programming it just gave tickets for points I think... I remember seeing it at iappa two years ago and not since.... For woz I think the lcd will bring more to the ticket dispenser help... Custom lcd work and custom programming sounds like it can do real well.

Either way stern or Jjp it's good to operators and kids hopefully it works

#11 4 years ago

I take my kids to chuck e cheese a few times a year. Seeing the "value" they get from dropping a coin in any of those machines, basically a 5 to 15 second experience for virtually everything there, and watching tickets come out.

It's sad, but I'd love to see a test program with pinball where you drop a coin in, the ball immediately auto plunges (no pressing start button), and you have 15 seconds to wack the ball around, and tickets come out. That would be a money maker most likely.

#12 4 years ago

Since Chuck E Cheese and Dave & Busters are ALL about redemption ticket games, this will be a real win for pinball in these environments.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Curious how these will sell with operators ???
And if they will do well on location only other redemption pin I can think of is Mushroom World

Ticket Tac Toe! A Steve Kordek game, which I believe earned very well.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I've played ST with a ticket dispenser. You would get a ticket for every so many points. Every time you got a ticket, it would say 'ticket!' loudly. Super annoying.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Either way stern or Jjp it's good to operators and kids hopefully it works

Both manufacturers prices are getting too high for operators.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Thanks for ur wisdom.... Have u seen what redemption games cost? $10k is minimal compared to most redemption games. And if u have seen the records woz is still vendors top earning game.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

We're talking redemption game pricing here right? Ok just to be clear

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks for ur wisdom.... Have u seen what redemption games cost? $10k is minimal compared to most redemption games. And if u have seen the records woz is still vendors top earning game.

If you think all redemption games cost $10,000 plus I have a bridge to sell you.

#19 4 years ago

Is that pic supposed to be real? Looks like tickets just hanging out of the coin door and thrown all over hehe. Oh, and a custom topper.

#20 4 years ago

The Tron at Marvins gives tickets. Game plays the same except it calls out TICKET every time you get one. I have no idea how they are awarded. I usually get 40 or so a game.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If you think all redemption games cost $10,000 plus I have a bridge to sell you.

Here's ur bridge just to educate your self
Coin pushers, and others redemption average over $10k
$6k+

http://www.bmigaming.com/games-arcade-redemption-games.htm#gsc.tab=0

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Here's one.

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=19&idcategory=9

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Is that pic supposed to be real? Looks like tickets just hanging out of the coin door and thrown all over hehe. Oh, and a custom topper.

I think it is just hanging the dispenser isn't shown yet.

#24 4 years ago

That's from jacks site.. I showed him a non pinball sales site so to be fair... Again as a redemption game the pricing is great

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

Still does. . Ticket Tac Toe is a great little earner.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

It will be a kit also for those who already own WOZs...more to come...

Will this work with Hobbit too? If so can we get it factory installed on Hobbit?

#28 4 years ago

I have always liked this idea. But it is not just the crowd that makes pins not go to redemption locations it is the lack of a tech able to work on pinball. Redemption just makes too much money with minimal issues outside of the dispensers.

The timed mode however interests me a lot.

#29 4 years ago

This is smart!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The redemption puzzle needs to be figured out for pinball, but it would have been better to make this a kit for all WOZ, not a separate machine.
Timed play for redemption is good, would be nice if a machine could do double duty and if someone wants to play for points for fun (regular pinball) they hold the right flipper or something and press start.

Why is timed play good for redemption good?

#31 4 years ago

Haven't pins had ticket dispenser options for forever? My 1990 TMNT had an option for tickets. What is different about this that will make that strategy work now? A topper? Possibly custom animations on the LCD in attract mode? I dunno. I personally think a pin is too complicated to loop kids in with tickets. They might try it once, but if they are just banging a ball around with no idea about what they need to do to get the max number of tickets, I doubt they will stick around. Unlike, say, those timing games where they keep trying to achieve the (fake) high payoff of hitting a button at the exact right time to maximize tickets. I've seen kids just park on the simple games they can understand trying to buy their jackpot.

Maybe Jack has figured out a way to simplify the process for operators, but this sounds to me like he is just offering a standard option pin makers have been including for decades, not suddenly offering something that will save location pinball.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Why is timed play good for redemption good?

The average kid doesn't spend more then 60 seconds at a redemption game from what I have been informed. Timing is a major redemption part

#34 4 years ago

Lol look let's just put your cards on the table... U shit talk in any Jjp thread... This one is something u know nothing about and it shows...redemption is not ur forte... Just tell people u hate Jjp and move along..
That is all

#35 4 years ago

Mustang dispensed tickets at GameWorks when it was first released.

#36 4 years ago

I had no idea that redemption machines were so expensive. However, at the rate that kids pump tokens into them, they do quite well. I'm curious to see what the play units are. Is it a token for 15 seconds, capped at 60 seconds, or is it a token per ball, max 3...

If the Peter Piper by me gets one, trips there will be a lot easier to handle and I'll actually have something to do in the area my kids are playing games.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I had no idea that redemption machines were so expensive. However, at the rate that kids pump tokens into them, they do quite well. I'm curious to see what the play units are. Is it a token for 15 seconds, capped at 60 seconds, or is it a token per ball, max 3...
If the Peter Piper by me gets one, trips there will be a lot easier to handle and I'll actually have something to do in the area my kids are playing games.

The woz pusher by elaut is like $55k but brings in most locations thousands per week in revenue..
Crazy!

#38 4 years ago

I'm not really a fan of redemption games, but this seems like a great way to get casual players to give pinball a shot and then possibly transition over to playing pinball normally. Plus if this shows up at the local Dave and Busters then I might actually have a reason to go there

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

How can you even possibly say that when there were only 123 of them made...

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Since Chuck E Cheese and Dave & Busters are ALL about redemption ticket games, this will be a real win for pinball in these environments.

It will be a win if they purchase these games, if not the R&D will be passed onto other products JJP sells.

So a real win would of been JJP announcing this product and an agreement with Chuck E Cheese & Dave and Busters to purchase/lease a bunch. Without the latter this isnt any type of win currently.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Haven't pins had ticket dispenser options for forever? My 1990 TMNT had an option for tickets. What is different about this that will make that strategy work now? A topper? Possibly custom animations on the LCD in attract mode? I dunno. I personally think a pin is too complicated to loop kids in with tickets. They might try it once, but if they are just banging a ball around with no idea about what they need to do to get the max number of tickets, I doubt they will stick around. Unlike, say, those timing games where they keep trying to achieve the (fake) high payoff of hitting a button at the exact right time to maximize tickets. I've seen kids just park on the simple games they can understand trying to buy their jackpot.
Maybe Jack has figured out a way to simplify the process for operators, but this sounds to me like he is just offering a standard option pin makers have been including for decades, not suddenly offering something that will save location pinball.

These are all valid points.

The redemption option for Wizard of Oz pinball differs from the ticket add-on offered by manufacturers in the past. Wizard of Oz redemption includes a different rule set. Instead of the regular pinball rules, a simplified set of achievements is presented to the player in order to earn tickets.

This is, of course, all a work in progress.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm not really a fan of redemption games, but this seems like a great way to get casual players to give pinball a shot and then possibly transition over to playing pinball normally. Plus if this shows up at the local Dave and Busters then I might actually have a reason to go there

I'm really hoping d&b picks something like this up!

#43 4 years ago

885.jpg
#44 4 years ago

There it is...cutting a huge hole in side of cabinet ouch... Wonder if it's a rules and timer based?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Lol look let's just put your cards on the table... U shit talk in any Jjp thread... This one is something u know nothing about and it shows...redemption is not ur forte... Just tell people u hate Jjp and move along..
That is all

I am not the one talking smack on this thread and my comment included Stern so get your facts straight.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

There it is...cutting a huge hole in side of cabinet ouch... Wonder if it's a rules and timer based?

from Marco's website

Easy installation kit includes all parts for necessary for mounting on the right side of the pinball cabinet.
Works on all Stern pinball machines from TRON and newer. Increases earnings in family entertainment centers and may be neatly removed for game routing or re-sale.

Sounds like the WOZ version has different rule sets base on a ticket system vs Stern and W/B where the special or extra ball could be changed to a ticket reward.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Lol ur comparing it to those? The real redemption games arent basket ball.. Claw games are prize games not ticket dispensers... But since u had no idea and I had to show u I expected this much... Lol

Compare coin pushers to WOZ coin pushers have fore to five coin slots to feed the game WOZ has one compare the price of four or five to the price of a coin pusher.

#48 4 years ago

Safecracker 2

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

from Marco's website
Easy installation kit includes all parts for necessary for mounting on the right side of the pinball cabinet.
Works on all Stern pinball machines from TRON and newer. Increases earnings in family entertainment centers and may be neatly removed for game routing or re-sale.
Sounds like the WOZ version has different rule sets base on a ticket system vs Stern and W/B where the special or extra ball could be changed to a ticket reward.

I'm not sure how it gets the power source but I was told u have to bolt it to the cabinet which requires holes.. And one for a logic and power wire from inside. But I don't have those facts... Wonder how it's done since introduced

#50 4 years ago

Looks cool, can't wait to never see this at a Dave and Busters near me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nanuet, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside