• Latest reply 10 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I haven't been a Pinside member for that long but can someone explain how WOZ reaches #17
with only 15 ratings (All the ratings are not great)

#3 10 years ago

Cause a bunch of people rated it high

#4 10 years ago

Ratings mean nothing.

#5 10 years ago

In Casey Kasem voice....

"On last week's countdown, WOZ debuted at #17... After getting some play this week, it plummets to #91.... Here's Wizard of OZ..."

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

After getting some play this week, it plummets to #91.... Here's Wizard of OZ..."

lol
it cannot be that bad?

crappy theme for a pin in 2013 anyway...

#7 10 years ago

In Casey Kasem voice....

"....and now a long distance dedication from Jack in New Jersey to Gary in Chicago....'You No Longer Hold My Silver Balls', by Dorothy And The Tin Man".

We'll see where WOZ is on next week's countdown.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I haven't been a Pinside member for that long but can someone explain how WOZ reaches #17
with only 15 ratings (All the ratings are not great)

Why do you look at the ratings in the first place? You will eventually realize that the ratings are skewed and manipulated to make members feel better about themselves.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

In Casey Kasem voice....
"On last week's countdown, WOZ debuted at #17... After getting some play this week, it plummets to #91.... Here's Wizard of OZ..."

Yeah, and like none of those aren't fake, intended purely to bring it down (or up). I don't know why Pinside even claims to have "approved ratings", because there are obviously zero qualifications to get a rating approved (even a blind monkey can tell a heap of those are completely worthless).

An example.

To get a 1.000 rating, you have to score the lowest mark of 1 point in each and every category. What game in the history of pinball ranks the absolute worst clear across every single facet? So, how about this review:

Winball_Pizard rated this game on May 11, 2013. Score: 1.000

“I played this game in TPF tournament which was a mistake in the first place and the game didn't have finished code. My biggest problem is the ridiculous placement of the character rollover switches which at the time you need to hit in order to get locks for MB. The scarecrow shot at least lines up with the ramp shot. The Lion shot and tinman shots are in weird places that end up sending the ball in random places after you shoot them. The upper playfield seemed ok and the house loop was kinda cool. Looks great but the theme kills it for me. I dont want to hear the stupid wizard of oz theme repeated in different variations throughout the game. The LCD is segmented into 4 different areas during MB. I found this to be confusing because I started going after the wrong goals during MB because I was focusing on the wrong 1/4 of the display. In its current state, there is no way this game belongs on the top 100.”

The review clearly says "looks great". So how did it score 1.000 out of 10, when 4 of the ratings categories relate purely to artwork?

There are other reviews on there specifically stating they haven't played the game, or are rating 1.000 (or even 10.000) because they don't agree with the ratings system. It's a joke, and a bad one at that, because for some stupid reason people here actually seem to care what number a game gets.

Plus, it's BS that you only get to see averaged ratings of reviewers who post comments. 28 of 48 reviews are entirely anonymous so you have no how they scored - for all you know, all 28 of those are flat out 1.000 ratings.

Although, I do see you rated WOZ, PismoArcade. 5.543, 57th out of 61 on your list, just behind Popeye Saves the World. But let's not forget AC/DC at 9.860. Geez, what did Steve do to piss you off on that one? At least you didn't go all out with a 1.000!

#10 10 years ago

I leave comments now so my rating is visible, I often go back and tweak my ratings if I get some time on a good machine. Some of my ratings are low on titles that I played on route.

I really think the theme is the big drawback for my age group and younger (36)

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Although, I do see you rated WOZ, PismoArcade. 5.543, 57 out of 61 on your list, behind Popeye Saves the World. But let's not forget AC/DC at 9.860. Geez, what did Steve do to piss you off on that one? At least you didn't go all out with a 1.000!

I also rated one of the most popular games ever, TZ, near the bottom because, although others may disagree, I just don't care for it. Same with WOZ. I also rated lowly forgotten EMs pretty high because I enjoy them.

I just happen to think that AC/DC is the best pinball machine I've ever played, period. Again, you may disagree, but that's why pinball, like music, food and pretty much everything else is subjective.

...Thanks for checking out my ratings, though.

#12 10 years ago

there are obvious troll ratings there and Robin needs to check this.Have more than 40 pinsiders played production Woz's yet?Only production games should be counted in ratings not prototype games as they were for test and not fully functional.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I also rated one of the most popular games ever, TZ, near the bottom because, although others may disagree, I just don't care for it. Same with WOZ. I also rated lowly forgotten EMs pretty high because I enjoy them.
I also happen to think that AC/DC is the best pinball machine I've ever played, period. Again, you may disagree, but that's why pinball, like music, food and pretty much everything else is subjective.
...Thanks for checking out my ratings, though.

I will give you kudos for at least rating... honestly (no flat out 10s or 1s). Although, I do find it a little surprising that TSPP is 2nd on your list and WOZ is 57th, when I've heard so many comments/complaints that WOZ is just a redone TSPP by the same guys. So, maybe when WOZ is actually done, there'll be hope for you yet!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I will give you kudos for at least rating... honestly (no flat out 10s or 1s). Although, I do find it a little surprising that TSPP is 2nd on your list and WOZ is 57th, when I've heard so many comments/complaints that WOZ is just a redone TSPP by the same guys. So, maybe when WOZ is actually done, there'll be hope for you yet!

I'm going to give WOZ (yet) another try at PAGG this weekend. If I like it more then the other times I've played it, I'll adjust my rating accordingly.

I gave TSPP high ratings for theme, repeat playability, originality and the fact that I've had it since I bought it NIB and I'm still not tired of it.

#15 10 years ago

sort of off topic but do any of you know exact amount a woz ec le cost when jersey jack first put it up on his page? thanks, ant

#16 10 years ago

To add one more person beating the dead horse here...Ratings definitely need some reworking since certain fan boys can't be trusted to just provide an honest rating and review of the game.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm going to give WOZ (yet) another try at PAGG this weekend. If I like it more then the other times I've played it, I'll adjust my rating accordingly.
I gave TSPP high ratings for theme, repeat playability, originality and the fact that I've had it since I bought it NIB and I'm still not tired of it.

I've had mine since 2003. I'll sell my BSM before TSPP!

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

sort of off topic but do any of you know exact amount a woz ec le cost when jersey jack first put it up on his page? thanks, ant

2+ years ago, $6500.

#18 10 years ago

We all know (or should by now) that WOZ will be #1 sooner or later. Let's not rush it, for the journey is the reward!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

We all know (or should by now) that WOZ will be #1 sooner or later. Let's not rush it, for the journey is the reward!

Follow the yellow brick road and you will hit #1 as a #2, on Pinside

Randy

#20 10 years ago

Sorry I brought it up.
I'll just go out and play some Tron.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 10 years ago

If ever there was a man who should not wear spandex...

#22 10 years ago

why does everybody post that same picture, seriously!

#23 10 years ago

why does everybody post that same picture, seriously!

Sorry Man!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

In Casey Kasem voice...."On last week's countdown, WOZ debuted at #17... After getting some play this week, it plummets to #91.... Here's Wizard of OZ..."

LOL

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Sorry I brought it up.
I'll just go out and play some Tron.

You'd think that when that guy put that costume on a noticed his space junk was visible he would have put a cup on.

#26 10 years ago

The game itself is awesome and rates a 8.6 however the goodie bag sucks and flames out at a -1 making the overall game rating a 4.

#27 10 years ago

WOZ is probably where it should be. Its nice enough to be a top 100, but with the current software does not play better than any of the other games above it except for maybe X-men LE with its current software

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#29 10 years ago

I love Whysnows review of the game.

Maybe there should be a header on the top 100 that says, "To new pinsiders: Please use this rating system for an indication of game quality with caution, many pinsiders rate machines with little or no thought therefore the rankings have little or no value"

I also think it would be great if there was a ranking system that utilizes you to pick who you respect and trust or eliminate from your "personalized ratings". Probably impossible but it would be neat!

#30 10 years ago

Ratings of 1 or 10 on WOZ at this point, should be eliminated from being counted in scoring as they are not genuine. If Robin won't deploy a system for weeding out the riff-raff, maybe he will allow people to down thumb these folks votes. Guess that might be even less significant but might bring a little satisfaction to the dissenfranchised.

First of all the 10's are voting to offset the 1's. If these people really felt WOZ was a 10, then wait until they see finished software, they might have to re-rate it a 15. The 1's just want to start an argument and get people excited. People generally aggree it is high build quality and looks are pretty good. That alone should earn it a 3.

#31 10 years ago

To note: I do not go to the top 100 page, it redirects me to a different site so I can't even accidentally view it. I do not agree with the way the list is determined so I don't view it. I may change that if the list is improved upon...

Here are my suggestions to make it better:
-Add an "innovation" category to award a game praise for historically advancing the overall pinball experience. For example, first jackpot award in multiball or, first game with an amiable cannon shot or first game with stereo sound. This is beyond a "toy" and deserves to be recognized.
-Any games in the current top 200 should have OVERALL rated 10's and 1's removed from the calculations since neither game is perfect or the opposite of perfect.
-You should have to wait 90 days after you sign up on Pinside before you can rate a game.
-A game should not be eligible for ratings until it has been shipped out from the manufacturer for 30 days.
-You have to rate 10 machines for your ratings to be considered in the public top 200.

On the EM side:
-Please make a rule that the EM's top 100 need at least 3 ratings for them to be eligible in the top 100!

#32 10 years ago

Just dropped my 10 rating on there subject to further review and will do so when the 1's get cleaned out......

#33 10 years ago

thats okay just never post that again!

#34 10 years ago

Its really a shame that this game is so polarizing. Take away all the noise and let the game speak for itself months down the road. There are so many new innovations that were incorporated into this machine. Why would any pinball lover bash it for the sake of bashing it. Its unfair to give it a 1 and as unfair to give it a 10 but I understand why a 10 would be given at this time…strictly for the sake of offsetting a bogus 1 rating. A one rating is not a rating…it’s a biased opinion.. Bottom line is, how can you objectively rate a game where the code is incomplete and has been publicly stated as such. And not to have it nitpicked, ie..”when will it ever be done”, or “when can you say any game code is complete”…cmon, we all know exactly what is meant by the code for woz not being completed at this time.
For what the game is right now..its fun to play. It will only get better by one of the best code writers adding to it. On top of that..i don’t believe one actual owner has rated this game. Ratings on prototypes of any machine is simply bogus.

#35 10 years ago

The game is not a 1!!!! Please even games I walk away from are like 3 's or 4's.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Bottom line is, how can you objectively rate a game where the code is incomplete and has been publicly stated as such. And not to have it nitpicked, ie..”when will it ever be done”, or “when can you say any game code is complete”…cmon, we all know exactly what is meant by the code for woz not being completed at this time.

- When the game is realesed its fair game to be rated and re rated as code comes out. I am for this as if JJP sees low rating based on code then maybe they develop new code. I wish Stern would do this with some older forgotten titles or at the very least fix all the service alerts in The Rolling Stones. Anyway when a game is released its fair game to rate it however you want! Hence I gave X-men a horrible initial rating even though I own it.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

- When the game is realesed its fair game to be rated and re rated as code comes out. I am for this as if JJP sees low rating based on code then maybe they develop new code. I wish Stern would do this with some older forgotten titles or at the very least fix all the service alerts in The Rolling Stones. Anyway when a game is released its fair game to rate it however you want! Hence I gave X-men a horrible initial rating even though I own it.

I was making a point hank527. I agree, if a game is released, than rate away. No problem there. I wont rate it now because I know its not complete.
A one rating is based on bias toward this game and thus its useless for other people to have an understanding of what is real and not real.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Agreed, it's fair to rate a released game. However, most (if not all) of the current ratings are based on the un-released prototype games.

#39 10 years ago

How many ratings does it even have? That alone says something about where the ratings will be. How many people rated the pin based on pre-release software?

#40 10 years ago

Game over, its down to 91st

#42 10 years ago

I refuse to have any rubbish non-Top 20 pins in my collection. Mine is now for sale!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Turn out the lights and shut the doors on JJ, the party's over.....I just read another interview by Stern where he laughed at and referenced the drop on Pinside down to 91!

Guess I need to sell the POS, I just don't want to own anything below 75

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

referenced the drop on Pinside down to 91

That made me laugh, good stuff!

#45 10 years ago

That's right Jar.....my pin collection feels like riff raff and a bunch of stiffs....

#46 10 years ago

Nobody would like my junk.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ratings mean nothing.

You are correct.
Look at politician ratings and what all of them actually deliver.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

LOL, six more votes moved it from 17 to 91. Volatility is a problem when a game first comes on the scene. It'll move up over time; too many people have bought it to give it bad ratings (nobody is going to shell out 7k and say something sucks).

The Pinside rating system needs to be improved. They need to do away with relic voting for one (if you haven't logged on to pinside in over a year your rating should be deleted as not being reflective of the current pinside audience) and cut out the top 10% and bottom 10% of all votes and being manipulative.

#49 10 years ago

I think the system is ok.. things even out over time. Woz is not a top 100 pin as is with incomplete software. When it's done it very well could be back to 17

#50 10 years ago

I agree 10's are as ridiculous as 1's.

I can understand 10's though from the Owners that have stayed faithful for 2+ years....so excited to get the game- the 1's, however, are clearly just hate-raters.

I will not buy this game, but it's absolute stupidity to rate it a 1.

However, the folks rating straight 10's and admitting they are "placeholders till they get to play machine" or "giving it 10's just to combat the 1's" just underscore how these ratings are a joke now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

13,000 (OBO)
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-reaches-17-on-pinside-top-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.