Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reynolds531.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Here is the deal. I have a WOZLE #560 that has had it share of issues (replaced the monkey magnet switch three times, replaced the monkey coil, replaced the multiball opto board and a few other things). From the get go, I noticed that none of the flipper coil stops were tight: at least on the main flippers and the upper right flipper. No evidence of Loctite on any of them. I retorque them all. I install a Cliffy protector on the right mini playfield and guess what? Yes: a loose flipper. This was two months ago. I recently noticed that the castle playfield flipper was very weak. Initially, I thought that it was the return spring. I remove the castle playfield to find the coil stop barely held in by one allen screw. There was no evidence of the other screw and clearly, no thread lock had been used. This is a game with maybe two hundred plays on it. I reassemble the castle playfield and manage to damage one of the data cables. Great.

Mr. Jersey Jack, if you read these complaints, please pay attention. This sort of assembly quality is absolutely unforgivable. Was my machine assembled on a late Friday afternoon or early Monday morning? For shame. If I worked at this level of (in)competence, in my profession, I would be run out of the state.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Generally, cool stops do not need or get loctite. They usually get a spring washer instead.

Every Williams/Bally flipper that I have worked on had a washer and so much Loctite that I had to use solvent to clean off the screw threads.

#7 9 years ago

Yes.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

OK, Who has took their complaint to JJP?
And what was JJP's response?

This is not an anti-JJP thread. I want them to succeed. I did get resolution on the issues I had with the opto board, monkey switch(s), solenoid and magnet. What is disturbing is the lack of build quality. Flippers are clearly the heart and soul of a pinball machine. To not make sure that they are installed correctly is unacceptable. To leave out one of the coil stop bolts in an area that is not easy to access is unacceptable.

I could file a complaint and I am unsure as to what sort of reply I would get. I did pull the castle playfield and fix the flipper. I am upset and frustrated that I damaged a data cable in having to perform this act.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Whatever you do don't contact Jack or Lloyd before posting on pinside. What would I have to read if they had a chance to correct the problem? Give them hell on here, that usually gets people to do what you want.... Shame him into begging your forgivenesses.

Chris Kruger

Exactly how would Jack or Lloyd be able to address this problem? It is a good thing that I can do most of the mechanical work on a pinball machine. I might assume that there are some who have not acquired this skill. This forum exists to allow us to air our complaints.

Should JJP pony up for a new data cable that I damaged resolving a flipper problem?

1 week later
#42 8 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

If we don't know until "after" the fact - we cannot help you. Yes, we have done more for others than you ask.
There were many flipper assemblies that we received pre-assembled from a Vendor who did not do the correct job. We changed that practice and anything assembled at JJP never fell apart - lesson - do it yourself and don't count on vendors to make sub assemblies correctly - even if they believe they can do it.......still our game, our company and our support. Thanks again.

"After" the fact? Now there is a rather condescending insult. I did, in fact, receive a pm from Mr. J. Jack last week insisting that I call him. I sent him an email stating that I was on a bike trip in Arizona with my cycling club and was unable to respond. I did leave an email address and guess what? No response. I called today and did not receive a call back.

Again, I will reiterate: this is not an anti-JJP rant. To hear that "we received pre-assembled from a Vendor who did not do the correct job. We changed that practice and anything assembled at JJP never fell apart" does not really cut it with me. All of my flippers did fall apart and in fixing them, I incurred damage to other parts: data cables to be specific.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reynolds531.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-rant?tu=reynolds531 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.