Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1375 (resized).JPG
Cliffy Low Angle.JPG
#1 8 years ago

I am getting many airballs when shooting the ramp. On closer observation, they result from hitting the right side of the ramp entrance. This side of the ramp has only a metal edge guard on it. Does anyone else get these airballs? Any suggestions on how to fix this? I slit a post cover and slipped it over the edge, which helps a little. Was thinking of putting a larger rubber ring on the post just to the right of the ramp entrance (which requires lifting that part of the munchkinland playfield a bit). Any other ideas? Thx!

#3 8 years ago

I've never had this problem, but the machines I've played will only make the ramp on a pretty careful shot. I'd suggest turning down the flipper coil strength if you're getting a lot of airballs.

#4 8 years ago

I echo tweaking the flipper coil strength. One of the huge advantages to JJP's software is the ease of changing this setting (and others). In the old days you would be looking at swapping out coils.

#5 8 years ago

I've seen airballs off the left side of the ramp entrance (and/or the Glinda target). They will damage the edge of the munchkin playfield (including clear coat and artwork). And it can happen with the very first ball on your very first game. I don't normally install protectors all over the place, but this particular Cliffy protector is my favorite of all time...

Cliffy Low Angle.JPGCliffy Low Angle.JPG
#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

this particular Cliffy protector is my favorite of all time...

Is there any shortcut for installation? I hate the thought of pulling the mini playfield.

#7 8 years ago

It's not real hard to pull, there are instructions in the manual. Highly recommend the Cliffy's for it.

#8 8 years ago

Instead of pulling the mini-playfield out to install the cliffy, you can use a good double sided tape to install it, should work quite well.

#9 8 years ago

take your time looking it over, after reading through and studying the bottom of the PF it took me 20 mins start to finish. if you have a pf protector file the screw abit above ( that will attach the cliffy)the magnet at the muchkin pf drop hole or the occasional ball will hang on it.

#10 8 years ago

I'm ordering the Munchkinland protector today. Thanks for the advice!

1 year later
#11 7 years ago

I just purchased the WOZ LE and it has the protector installed. Seems the B in rainbow is getting caught on the protector screw. Was the screw installed properly or is there another problem here?

IMG_1375 (resized).JPGIMG_1375 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

The screw on my WOZ protector is equal distance between the B and the O and there is no way that it can interfere with either of the targets. Is your screw too close to the B or is that an illusion caused by the camera angle when the pic was taken?

#13 7 years ago

Mine clears the target but not by much. If I had thought of it at the time of installation it probably could have been moved another 1/8" to the right. Hopefully those who install them in the future will be aware of it thanks to this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ramp-airballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.