• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

Since 2 days ago, when the ball is captured by monkey lift assembly, it rests on the castle home switch, then I get the video showing Dorothy captured, then it goes back to the standard 4 parts screen, and nothing moves afterwards. No ball is ejected from the through to the shooter lane. If I press the flipper buttons then the game puts a new ball in play. In the past, a new ball was automatically put in play after the video sequence is finished.

Also when the game is over, or if I switch off/switch on the machine, the ball locked in the Monkey castle is not released. After a while, the game triggers all the coils and the ball captured is released.

In test mode, the switch 79 Monkey castle home is activated (green) after the ball is captured. This switch is not the problem, and I do not know what can be wrong.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you

#2 6 years ago

Did you check the settings for empty ball lock when game is over? That's for the game over balls not being released, the other is there a setting for an additional balls to to be put into play until ready by hitting a button? Have you updated the game recently since it was working fine prior? or did you do a factory reset?

#3 6 years ago

Hi,

thanks for you reply. I just noticed that there was an issue with the plumb tilt. Now the ball is released at new game. But the problem of game stuck after ball captured is not solved. No I haven't updated the code as I received the game 1 month ago. It is version 6.10. I made a factory reset, but no change.

#4 6 years ago

I have the same problem...although it's a REALLY minor problem. What's happening is that the monkey isn't dropping the ball behind your castle door. Try it the next time the monkey captures your ball...look behind the door as you press both flippers. You'll see him drop the ball and that will cause another ball to be ejected into the shooter lane.

I haven't solved my problem because I haven't had time and it's more of an annoyance than a game-stopper. But when I asked about it a while back, it was said to be a magnet problem and I should try a piece of electrical tape on the monkey magnet. I did, but then the monkey couldn't grab the ball. Perhaps the balls are magnetized and need to be changed out...that's my next "fix." If that doesn't work, I'll contact JJP or post here.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

try a piece of electrical tape

Electrical is too thick. I think a friend of mine fixed this with a piece of scotch tape.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

the balls are magnetized and need to be changed out.

Excellent point that I totally over looked or never thought about with WOZ, on that subject is there one place over another to buy balls of different quality that don't seem to magnetize or at least not so quickly that would cause these minor annoyances.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Excellent point that I totally over looked or never thought about with WOZ, on that subject is there one place over another to buy balls of different quality that don't seem to magnetize or at least not so quickly that would cause these minor annoyances.

Well, the interesting thing is that I use the pinball life super shiny balls that aren't supposed to be subject to magnetization. That's what makes it strange in my case.

Quoted from imharrow:

Electrical is too thick. I think a friend of mine fixed this with a piece of scotch tape.

Thanks! I'll try it again.

Somehow this thread turned into MY help thread.

#8 6 years ago

I just did electrical tape last night actually, and it worked great all night during a party. Seems to have worked on mine.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, the interesting thing is that I use the pinball life super shiny balls that aren't supposed to be subject to magnetization. That's what makes it strange in my case.

They are not supposed to get magnetised but they do!

#10 6 years ago

Thank you for all these feedbacks. I ll try the tape and change the balls

#11 6 years ago

It took me a bit of time to properly understand the above. My problem is not that the monkey keeps the ball. It releases it normally behind the door, and the switch is activated. But then nothing happens were a few days ago everything was working fine.

#12 6 years ago

Any further idea ?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Any further idea ?

Does the switch STAY activated? I had this issue where the ball wasn't keeping the switch activated when dropped behind the door. Put it in switch test mode and drop the ball in there and see if the switch stays closed while the ball is in there. Adjusting the switch solved the problem for me.

#14 6 years ago

Hi thanks. What I checked the switch matrix after the ball was released behind the door. On the playfield picture, the switch is marked as green .i.e. activated. but I will try dropping the ball manually in test mode, to see what happens

#15 6 years ago

Switch 79 is not the correct switch. The monkey castle home switch tells the game that the monkey has reached the upper left of its rail and should stop moving and release the ball.

You want to look at switch 72, castle ball lock. Check out page c-66 in the manual.

#16 6 years ago

Yes indeed ... my mistake. And yes a switch adjustment solves the problem.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Yes indeed ... my mistake. And yes a switch adjustment solves the problem.

Glad you're fully functional again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-problem-game-stuck-after-dorothy-captured and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.