IMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1579.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Better start asking your friends then.....
Does not matter i have no horse in this race. We can chat at expo have a good one.

"I have no horse in the race but I asked your friends about your activities and chase down JJP fundraising rumors."

#219 11 years ago

Regarding the flippers - the word I got was the power was deliberately turned down on them. I set up the overhead camera for Jack's presentation and was told this by a few people who were at the setup that you see in the video. I didn't get much more info than that - I had to leave and go lose in the tournament.

I sort of shrugged my shoulders at that decision because I knew exactly the kind of reaction that would result on the message boards. But yeah, it's still a WIP, though you can't help but be impressed by the fit and finish, art work, light show and LCD. The whole thing just really stands out in a group of games. Even made the new colorDMDs pale by comparison.

After hearing all the weak flipper complaints I decided not to play it. Several friends are getting it so I think I'll wait for the finished product. The line 20 deep to play it also contributed to that decision...

#364 11 years ago

For those of you just joining this thread, I shall provide a summary:

1. You suck.
2. No you suck.
3. You suck 50000 times more than anything.
4. What are you implying? 50000? What's that mean?
5. Nothing whistle whistle whistle
6. Mod - "Everybody stop sucking."
7. This post.
8. Many posters commenting how clever this post is.
9. "It's not clever and you suck."
10. No you suck.
11. Sun explodes, thread over.

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry, but I have to quote the above because I couldn't agree more, and I have to say that I am really surprised as well if these words actually came from Jack. From what I understand (and I'm completely open to the idea that this could be wrong), the comments were posted at the WoZ forum in response to some questions/concerns/comments/feedback (whatever you want to call it) regarding the flippers, their feel, and apparent lack of strength that was posted by a WoZ buyer. And this is the way JJP responds to their own customer(s)?
I'm surprised that a new company, who is supposed to be pretty open with what they are doing (by posting regular updates showing the progress of the pin), would not also be more open to *feedback* from customers and concerns that they might have regarding things about the pin. Instead they get called "trolls" "haters" and say things like "they will get theirs", and this just seems to be way more unprofessional than I would expect to see out of a company like this.
I hope that the pressure is not getting to be too much, resulting in responses like these.
I'm also hoping, like PT, that someone will come here and say that those quotes were not from Jack/JJP and there was some mistake somewhere along the line regarding who made those comments.

I agree completely. This thread has been very level headed and valuable. It has advanced pinball a great deal I think. On par with the invention of the flipper or the light bulb but probably exceeding both combined by a great margin.

#506 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol well you gotta draw the line somewhere, but not sure that going back the SS/EM days is the way to go in terms of score.. Your saying you could play a game these days where the scoring is similar to Paragon or BK????

I'm sure part of the EM scoring was due to added cost from more score reels. Before score reels when the back box would light different scores, the games had scores in the millions.

#567 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jesus, Alex. Can you please construct the Perfect Levy Post just once more, and alter the course of the universe for us in one fell swoop? It will require:
1) Vast overreaching and hyperbole about someone's words or actions;
2) some form of Conservative spew - preferably about welfare or unemployment;
3) vague reference to some official tie between you and JJP;
4) a blatant swipe at Stern;
5) a good amount of self-congratulation about your technical prowess;
6) a reminder that no one else on the board will understand the actions you shall take using said prowess; and
7) unwaivering compliment for WOZ and JJP.
I will get my helmet while you write away.

#588 11 years ago

LOOK OUT HERE COMES MORE GASOLINE!!

My friend Henry recorded Jack's seminar and posted it up a few minutes ago. A better audio version will make it's way to Pinball News at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ppe-first-video?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.