IMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1579.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from PeteM:

I think they really missed the mark with the backbox mounted LCD. Quetzl (?) has it right with the under playfield LCD.
The next step is individual OLED displays at each shot

I do not want any displays where the ball will roll over it. That would make gem hard to see after a while unless they kept clean.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I just don't understand why they're using all custom speech, much of it not even lines from the film AFAIK. Considering the fantastic work that Chris Granner has done in the past I was hoping for greatness but right now this is sounding worse than TSPP and I don't like the sound on that at all.
I can only hope it will be much improved before final release.

Jack already answered that question for you directly on the WOZ forum. He said the movie does not have pinball words in it.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

In line to play now. Of coarse its the longest line in the show.

That is a long line!

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? No movie does. Didn't stop Addams Family from using genuine film clips, or LOTR, or Indiana Jones and many MANY others. None of the samples used in the test game are even pinball related phrases! All it takes is one or two actors to do the pinball specific call outs but they seem to have everything triggering clips of bad actors badly re-enacting phrases from the film.
Jack didn't explain why they're doing that.

Why is that obtuse? Was that question asked about the voice and why they went with actors instead of film? Yes

Did Jack answer? Yes, he basically said what I mentioned. He said it in more words with other details. You are on the forums and active there. How does that make me obtuse? I am not the person asking a question that has already been answered by Jack.

There were a couple reasons he gave when somebody asked why it was all voice actors. I will try to look it up later but I have to leave for a while. Cannot do it now, maybe somebody else will chime in before I can make it back.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was this a serious response?

Yes, problem?

#191 11 years ago

You can always get a standard version later. You just made one person on the list happy.

#240 11 years ago

I do not care why they are doing it. It does not effect my income. I/we are not making the calls because it is not our company. I do not expect there will be problems when the production pin hits the streets. It is a non-issue in the big picture. Why do we have to hear the same questions over and over?

#283 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Great! More cabinet pics. LoL

Did you see the video that shows the inside?

#288 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Is there flashers in WOZ?

Rarehero answered right after your question.

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The game still needs work, but it is better to just be honest and say "Yeah, we don't have the flippers figured out yet..."

Jack did say that they are turned down to medium. They have said that but it is not good enough I guess.

#355 11 years ago

You guys need to stay on topic. The thread has turned to bickering, needs to stay at discussion. Everything that has been said could be said without the sarcasm.

#359 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What Jim said is not far off from someone claiming Jim has feelings for Gary Stern and then saying read what you want into that.

I was not directing that at Jim only. I actually do not think what he said was bad but everybody assumed it was bad and started jumping him. He may be inplying something, maybe not.

Here is an example of what I mean.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you saying he invested $50,000 into JJP? I mean, if you are saying something then say it directly, otherwise keep quiet.

You could have made the same point with: Are you saying he invest $50,000 into JJP?

Notice it is the same point without the threat at the end. One could even add, "Please provide proof." Even better, still no threat.

I am not saying Jim is an Angel in WOZ threads but I do not feel his was really out of line. We have no idea if that is true or not. If it is not our money we really have not right to even point it out IMO unless it effects the build in the end. Right now I do not see that happening.

#363 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Come on guys ! Really , you can't figure it out ? I read the same stuff you read. I am in the same hobby you are in .. I don't hate ,I just make observations.
Jim

I do not read everything you read because I have no idea what you are saying. What did we miss? What do we need to read?

#403 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Who is always "directing" Jack to these threads?

Keith is active on Pinside or it could be one of the WOZ buyers. We know there are over 100 known here. I really never gave it any thought, just thought it was cool they pop in at times.

#416 11 years ago

I do not see a problem with Jack defending his actions. If we are free to comment, he should as well. I think he has held his tongue fairly well considering the actions of some. Even if he did say that, I agree completely. You can disagree but he is going deep with his words. Not everybody will understand all of his words.

He did mention the flippers at PPE, not everybody has heard every comment Jack has made but they are available.

#418 11 years ago

I was just wondering if there was a good side to all the "flipper gate" stuff. The bright side is that we have not heard that WOZ is just a figment of our imagination in a while.

#462 11 years ago

I am glad to see a low score

#466 11 years ago

The only issue will be the ability to match. I guess the match could be a single digit.

#472 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I guess you're talking about adding blank zeros... I really don't think Keith would actually ever do that. They seem pretty determined to try out lower scoring.

No, I mean one digit match for the last number. I was thinking if the game has points in multiples of one the last digit will not always be a zero. Instead of matching in 10's,shack as 10,20,30 it will be 1,2,3. One digit matching.

#475 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I don't see why they'd have to change from 2 digits if that's what they wanted to use. Mathemetically, a 9% chance of a match on 100 possible numbers is exactly the same as 9% of 10 possible numbers.

That is correct but most pins have 10 matches available. Makes you feel like you have a chance out of 10. Rolling through 100 numbers makes your chances seem distant. You want people to feel the have a chance and they want to drop more money.

#478 11 years ago

Everytime Keith speaks I learn something. If he did not have work to do on WOZ I would encourage him to post more often.

Sounds like small number scores and single digit match if I understand Keith correctly. Love the info Keith note get back to work! (kidding)

#479 11 years ago

Firebird, you are welcome to come to my unboxing when it gets here. Going to have a bash soon. Wish Sealclubber was still here.

Can't wait to hear they are shipping. Hoping I will see it by Christmas. We can only wait and watch. I am still in and have no thoughts of getting out.

#547 11 years ago

Stay on track and stop attacking each other. You guys know better. You can have opinions but you have reverted to bickering. When a person posts a picture of them eating popcorn or IBTL you have gone to far.

#548 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If Stern would have done this there would be an uproar. C'mon, you know it's true. But, because JJP is doing it, it's okay.

why do you need to keep saying its OK for JJP? The love/ hate goes both ways. With that said, I have been the same all he time, I would love to see all the scores low for all manufacturers. If Stern did it I would be happy for them and glad to see it there as well.

You are probably correct that some would scream. The same people that complain that two pins have too many shots that are the same do they hate them would complain that the scores are different. Makes me laugh how people will say they want to see something different but never shut up if something is actually different.

#559 11 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

I don't know why, but that sentence segment is funny. It's even funnier that Michael Jackson was eating the popcorn..

Lot of p words, it looks different now looking back. It was accidental, wish I was that witty.

#581 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

It's about the same energy we all use to post on these threads. So I guess we all should just cancel our orders and save the stress?
Pappy

With that logic we should actually sell all our pins.

#586 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I love all of the free advice, psychoanalysis and life lessons that are doled out by the Church of JJP. Mods, included! Very objective!! A+! Would read again.

I was commenting on their reasoning towards one pin. How is that one sided? I said we should sell them all. Did not single any out. Pretty funny coming from you since you are always so level headed.

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Seems like a decent time to limit alexlevy's posts about WOZ (are they even about WOZ anymore?). I find his posts as distracting and ugly as Exejet's.
It's just pinball, people.
-M

Alex did not start that. If he were banned for that statement he should not be on the top of the list.

Alex, do not respond to that, stay on topic. That actually applies to all.

#601 11 years ago

I did notice it but in the context at that point they were discussing actions of a person driving by JJP every week. It fit because it was a general statement, then everybody went on attack mode so I guess you could say his statement started it but everybody that replied is just as bad. Even had a few try to get the thread on track. It has not been able to stay on track so no matter who started it, I am ending it here.

Feel free to PM me if you think I am incorrect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ppe-first-video?tu=absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.