IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1579.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 11 years ago

I hope Jack can be pointed more often to this tread, but then not for cleaning bad air, but just for answering genuine questions.

Maybe we need to open a topic where all members suggest questions and then this site should pick all those, make a poll and let all decide which 5 or more questions will be send to Jack, which, he
hopefully answers.

Just an idea, works on other forums for other games.

#552 11 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

You sure sound like one. Liking Ayn Rand just makes you a different type of right winger, call it libertarian and pretend its different if you like. I dont mind right wingers, living in the South i am surrounded by them.

I'm very middle of the road on a ton of things. I hate public assistance in most cases.(with the exception of wounded veterens, they can leech from me all they want) Yet I hate crazy bible thumping nuts but support the right to carry firearms. ( I'm iffy on fully automatic weapons though. No civilian really needs them)

I hate the idea of legalized marijuana and are pro choice.

But I digress this isn't the thread for that type of discussion.

#553 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

When a person posts a picture of them eating popcorn

I don't know why, but that sentence segment is funny. It's even funnier that Michael Jackson was eating the popcorn..

#554 11 years ago

I am also the polar opposite from Michael Jackson, lol. I am a fat white guy.

#555 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm very middle of the road on a ton of things. I hate public assistance in most cases.(with the exception of wounded veterens, they can leech from me all they want) Yet I hate crazy bible thumping nuts but support the right to carry firearms. ( I'm iffy on fully automatic weapons though. No civilian really needs them)

"with the exception of wounded veterens, they can leech from me all they want". Spell check.

WOW!

I hope our wounded veterans, who fight for our freedom, feel honored to LEECH from YOU, alex. I am happy you give them permission.

May God Bless our military personnel.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, You seriously need to get away from the keyboard! Epic failure!

#556 11 years ago

I keep reading this post hoping to learn something new and exciting about WOZ, but it is always just more arguing and pissing contests. When will I learn...

#557 11 years ago

Really!?!?... politics now??...OH geeze.. this post has really jumped the shark. Shut it down. There is nothing to see here people. Go home to your families.

#558 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

"with the exception of wounded veterans, they can leech from me all they want".
WOW!
I hope our wounded veterans, who fight for our freedom, feel honored to LEECH from YOU, alex. I am happy you give them permission.
May God Bless our military personnel.
I'm sorry, but in my opinion, You seriously need to get away from the keyboard! Epic failure!

I apologize you misunderstood my comments but yes I respect what they do an thank them regularly. I also donate a ton to veterens charities.

But the other poster is right. This thread has turned terrible.

#559 11 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

I don't know why, but that sentence segment is funny. It's even funnier that Michael Jackson was eating the popcorn..

Lot of p words, it looks different now looking back. It was accidental, wish I was that witty.

#560 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I am also the polar opposite from Michael Jackson, lol. I am a fat white guy.

Actually I think that just makes you 90 degrees opposite.

#561 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nothing more than opinion. All opinions are judgements by definition.
So basically you are saying. Who the hell am I to have an opinion. Wow the nerve of me.

Had you put another choice that was less caustic such as: D) A person trying to help the pinball community. Or, even just: D) Other. I would not have made my post.

#562 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I hope Jack can be pointed more often to this tread, but then not for cleaning bad air, but just for answering genuine questions.

He knows about this thread.

He reads it every day.

#563 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Sorry to offend you. But it's a bit stalkerish. Ring the bell next time you drive through.

Who said anything about being offended? Once again you have contributed in yet another thread gone off the deep end. Nice job.

Pappy

#564 11 years ago

Can we try to keep this on topic? People will always have agendas but calling each other out isn't going to solve anything. Let's just stick to discussing the thread subject.

#565 11 years ago

The LCD useage is terrible, and looks out of place.

The gameplay seems way too slow.

Nice looking pin though.

#566 11 years ago

I'm interested how the LCD looks in real life because in the videos the camera struggles to correctly expose the LEDs on the playfield and the LCD screen at the same time.

I wouldn't judge the LCD usage as the build was very basic with only a few features. It was quite unimpressive overall. We've already seen a ton of work in progress animations though that weren't included.

I think if you want to see how fast the table will play you need to check out the original whitewood video.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/pDrRZeaQ5JI?autoplay=1&rel=0

#567 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jesus, Alex. Can you please construct the Perfect Levy Post just once more, and alter the course of the universe for us in one fell swoop? It will require:
1) Vast overreaching and hyperbole about someone's words or actions;
2) some form of Conservative spew - preferably about welfare or unemployment;
3) vague reference to some official tie between you and JJP;
4) a blatant swipe at Stern;
5) a good amount of self-congratulation about your technical prowess;
6) a reminder that no one else on the board will understand the actions you shall take using said prowess; and
7) unwaivering compliment for WOZ and JJP.
I will get my helmet while you write away.

#568 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

but it is always just more arguing and pissing contests. When will I learn...

Sad, but true. I too was expecting some more WOZ goodness from where I left off. Alas, that hasn't happened yet. Maybe page 13 will bring some luck with it!

Quoted from chocky909:

I think if you want to see how fast the table will play you need to check out the original whitewood video.

Check out the rear leg-levelers on that TZ cab Chocky...

#569 11 years ago

Good spot. Well, it seems a little faster anyway. It makes you think that this is the angle it is designed to be played at then. What angle do you think it is in the PPE test machine?

#570 11 years ago

I will bump up my original estimate of 3.5 degrees to 4.3... Just for fun! (I never got to put my phone on the PF... Sorry Chocky.)
All I know is my machine at the end of the day will be set somewhere between 6.5-7 degrees and the coils will be adjusted to reflect said pitch. Being the optimistic bugger that I am- hopefully there will be some sort of eggnog/cookies and milk involved between games.
After all,
The Krampus hasn't visited me in years!

krampus2.jpgkrampus2.jpg

Well, since we're here...
Let's "hypothetically" say it was designed with that pitch in mind. People at PPE were still getting their asses handed to them left and right with that angle. Most games I saw were over in a matter of minutes; some fewer than that! The line was indeed long to play WOZ but- even being ten people back, your wait in line was around 15 minutes or less. On a two ball game, that's not too shabby.
I ended up with 13 plays on WOZ at the end of PPE. My scores ranged from 2K to 17K+.
It will be interesting to see Bowen's PAPA tutorial when it comes out. Knowing him, it will still be in the billions... *sigh*
Good times!

#571 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Good spot. Well, it seems a little faster anyway. It makes you think that this is the angle it is designed to be played at then. What angle do you think it is in the PPE test machine?

The leg levelers on the test machine were all the way in, just like we have seen in most of the videos, that's all I can tell you.

#572 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The factory isn't on any main road. In fact it's about 3/4 of a mile from any main thoroughfare.
What that means is your friend drives 1.5 miles out of his way to check up on a company who he likely is not a customer of. That means he is A) an obsessed stalker B) has zero life C) probably an escaped mental patient.

Too funny

3 possible explanations out of 100's possible

I would think there are a fair few people who if they drove that close and who were interested in pinball, would drive by out of curiosity just to get a sense of what is going on.

#573 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

customer of. That means he is A) an obsessed stalker B) has zero life C) probably an escaped mental patient.

Too funny

3 possible explanations out of 100's possible

I would think there are a fair few people who if they drove that close and who were interested in pinball, would drive by out of curiosity just to get a sense of what is going on.

Seriously! 1.5 miles. Any pinhead would drive 30 min or more each way once a week to know whats going on with a major player in the pinball world. Maybe more. Thats nothing compared to the time we spend on the forums and internet thinking about the hobby. And clearly being a customer or not this venture effects the pinball world regardless.

#574 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I'm interested how the LCD looks in real life because in the videos the camera struggles to correctly expose the LEDs on the playfield and the LCD screen at the same time.

The screen looks cool in person...due to the high definition, it looks like an interactive backglass, IMO. Cameras also don't convey how insane the LED lighting looks. It's a level of color that you've truly never seen in a pin.

Quoted from chocky909:

The PPE machine had the levelers all the way down...there's no way the flippers would have been able to get the ball anywhere otherwise.

#575 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Seriously! 1.5 miles. Any pinhead would drive 30 min or more each way once a week to know whats going on with a major player in the pinball world. Maybe more.

Especially when he has $7000 invested in an unproven company

#576 11 years ago

This thread is all over the place...

Out_of_control.gifOut_of_control.gif

#577 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Especially when he has $7000 invested in an unproven company

If the 7K was causing me so much stress where I felt the need to drive by the company's headquarters once each week, it might be time for me to just cancel the order or sell my place in line.

That isn't good for one's health.

#578 11 years ago

yeah...but the journey will be the reward

sorry couldnt resist

#579 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

yeah...but the journey will be the reward
sorry couldnt resist

That actually made me laugh...

#580 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

If the 7K was causing me so much stress where I felt the need to drive by the company's headquarters once each week, it might be time for me to just cancel the order or sell my place in line.

That isn't good for one's health.

It's about the same energy we all use to post on these threads. So I guess we all should just cancel our orders and save the stress?

Pappy

#581 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

It's about the same energy we all use to post on these threads. So I guess we all should just cancel our orders and save the stress?
Pappy

With that logic we should actually sell all our pins.

#582 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yes, if a machine which you have preordered is causing you stress you should sell. Hobbies should be fun and not stressful.

If a machine which you have not preordered is causing you stress you should seek psychiatric help.

#583 11 years ago

I love all of the free advice, psychoanalysis and life lessons that are doled out by the Church of JJP. Mods, included! Very objective!! A+! Would read again.

#584 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I love all of the free advice, psychoanalysis and life lessons that are doled out by the Church of JJP.

Thank you.

However, my advice is not JJP specific. It applies to Stern, SKITB and any other manufacturer.

#585 11 years ago

Cmon. If you lived by either Stern or JJP you would not do stop ins if you could? We are talking about a pinhead and in this case it sounds like a buyer. To swing a couple of miles off route to see whats happening. That not crazy or even odd. Thats a person interested.
What is nuts is folks actually making that out to sound weird.
Like no one has waited for NIB or any cool thing they have ordered. As mentioned several times, most folks spend that much energy on the forum. Hell in this case the people saying so are spending equal time typing and reading about it as the person did to swing the car by.
No one said he was driving by waiving a fist in anger. Probably just checking it out.
Oh, by the way its not even a WOZ thing. Every new Stern release we are all clamoring for details from anyone thats done a tour there as well.
So seriously,...get off the sacred throne.

#586 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I love all of the free advice, psychoanalysis and life lessons that are doled out by the Church of JJP. Mods, included! Very objective!! A+! Would read again.

I was commenting on their reasoning towards one pin. How is that one sided? I said we should sell them all. Did not single any out. Pretty funny coming from you since you are always so level headed.

#587 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mike_J
Cmon. If you lived ny either Stern or JJP you would not do stop ins if you could? We are talking about a pinhead and in this case it sounds like a buyer. To swing a couple of miles off route to see whats happening. That not crazy or even odd. Thats a person interested.
What is nuts is folks actually making that out to sound weird.
Like no one has waited for NIB or any cool thing they have ordered. As mentioned several times, most folks spend that much energy on the forum. Hell in this case the people saying so are spending equal time typing and reading about it as the person did to swing the car by.
No one said he was driving by waiving a fist in anger. Probably just checking it out.
Oh, by the way its not even a WOZ thing. Every new Stern release we are all clamoring for details from anyone thats done a tour there as well.
So seriously,...get off the sacred throne.

I appreciate your points and agree with much of what you have stated.

I am only saying that if waiting for the machine or being out the 7K is really causing stress where it could be detrimental to someone's health, they should probably sell. Life is entirely too short to be miserable. My intent was not to preach from my throne.

I have an LE on order and am very excited to take delivery. I am optimistic WOZ will be a terrific game and am happy with what I have seen thus far. Is there a chance it could be a turd? Sure there is, but I won't lose any sleep over it. My wife and kids love the theme and will be playing it nonstop whether it turns out to be the next great machine or not.

#588 11 years ago

LOOK OUT HERE COMES MORE GASOLINE!!

My friend Henry recorded Jack's seminar and posted it up a few minutes ago. A better audio version will make it's way to Pinball News at some point.

#589 11 years ago

Holy crap, an hour. Gonna have to wait to watch that one tonight after we put the kids to bed.

Thanks for posting it.

#590 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

is really causing stress where it could be detrimental to someone's health, they should probably sell

Lol, thats a very fair point.

#591 11 years ago

Watched the entire video. Interesting. What I learned the most and what was crystalyzed, was how much a leap of faith this has been for all woz buyers.

#592 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What's the possibility you can learn to peacefully co-exist with people who don't share your contempt for JJP, instead of over-dramatizing them as religious fundamentalists simply because they're excited and hopeful?

#593 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am only saying that if waiting for the machine or being out the 7K is really causing stress where it could be detrimental to someone's health, they should probably sell.

Did I say or imply that the gentleman who bought a WOZ is stressed in any way?

He just drives through on his way home from work once a week to see when production is beginning on the game.

You guys have some crazy imaginations, I'll give you that.

#594 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I appreciate your points and agree with much of what you have stated.
I am only saying that if waiting for the machine or being out the 7K is really causing stress where it could be detrimental to someone's health, they should probably sell. Life is entirely too short to be miserable. My intent was not to preach from my throne.
I have an LE on order and am very excited to take delivery. I am optimistic WOZ will be a terrific game and am happy with what I have seen thus far. Is there a chance it could be a turd? Sure there is, but I won't lose any sleep over it. My wife and kids love the theme and will be playing it nonstop whether it turns out to be the next great machine or not.

Very well put, pretty much sums up my attitude as well.

It's actually very interesting to see how different people react to being involved in a project such as WOZ, it's definitely not something that everyone has the stomach for. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who overreact to everything, good or bad, it's either the greatest game ever, or a complete disaster, sometimes all in the same couple of days!! That kind of stress is a real killer!!

#595 11 years ago

I was commenting on their reasoning towards one pin. How is that one sided? I said we should sell them all. Did not single any out. Pretty funny coming from you since you are always so level headed.

Level headed is one thing. Biased is another. Being objective is also a separate issue. Being an objective moderator is yet another. Some are. Some aren't. I'm not a mod.

This issue has been spotted, discussed, denied and glossed over in the past, with regard to this particular conversation.

#596 11 years ago

About 50 minutes in Jack mentions the ramp/flippers...

It's not a strength issue it's an accuracy issue...

It was terrorists...It was the video..it was terrorists..it was the video...

#597 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Seems like a decent time to limit alexlevy's posts about WOZ (are they even about WOZ anymore?). I find his posts as distracting and ugly as Exejet's.

It's just pinball, people.

-M

#598 11 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

I've been directed to this thread.
When I was asked the first question at my seminar the other day, I had no clue who was asking me. I asked the person his name and he said "Clay".
I never met Clay before that day. I know of him but I don't know him.
What he asked was valid and worthy of an answer and a follow up or two and I answered it honestly.
He is not an investor in JJP and we don't need his money other than if he wants to order a game.
I just read his comments and I'm flattered to hear them and we will consider his advice.
Mr. 68 is a buyer of a game and not making any parts for us.
Please try and member that these words are read by many people. The assumption is that you are stating facts. Untruths damage reputations and interfere with businesses.
We're just trying to build pinball machines. Thanks.

That was way more honest than the non-answer I got about original themes at TPF. Stuff is looking great....but you seriously have done enough marketing with these half-coded games, I think. We are all anxious to see the final product, running full-tilt. There's a lot to be said for openness with the customer base, but that can bite ya in the rear too.

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Seems like a decent time to limit alexlevy's posts about WOZ (are they even about WOZ anymore?). I find his posts as distracting and ugly as Exejet's.
It's just pinball, people.
-M

Alex did not start that. If he were banned for that statement he should not be on the top of the list.

Alex, do not respond to that, stay on topic. That actually applies to all.

#600 11 years ago

Alex did not start that. If he were banned for that statement he should not be on the top of the list.
Alex, do not respond to that, stay on topic. That actually applies to all.

He actually did, when he made a needless comment about someone living on his dime, off welfare. I am not surprised it went unnoticed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ppe-first-video/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.