IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1579.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 11 years ago

Excuse me, but the text below looks like a huge complaint, and you are saying enough of the complaints.......double standard?

Enough with the troll accusations too. I think most of the drivel around here is spewed by JJP fanboys. Not all of them, some are just genuinely excited like I am but some of them are militant and attack anyone even daring to politely state worries or negative opinions of any kind. By all means defend the accusations but give it a rest with all the complaints eh? You'd think that you don't have any decent arguments to use as a reply. If the naysayers are spouting such drivel it shouldn't be that hard to correct them without resorting to namecalling.

#502 11 years ago

Pinside Dictionary

Troll=1.)someone who has a bad opinion of a game you have ordered, or have in your collection.
2.)someone who has a different opinion than yours.Your opinion is always right.
3.)you just don't like this human's views
4.)characters on MM playfield

#503 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

And oddly enough many of the people who have gotten ugly didn't order a game.

Strange people.

Yep, I seen plenty of it when I ordered my first and only NIB pinball machine . That is just the way it is .
Jim

#504 11 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Christmas 2013 is a little silly...don't know what your info/experience/rational is.

I deploy automated factory and CNC equipment. I redesign factory flow and streamline processes.

Even much larger and experienced companies grossly underestimate the amount of time it takes to train a new batch of unskilled workers - and then streamline the process steps. It takes months until new workers come anywhere near their expected proficiency and output.

JJP has no manufacturing experience at all, so rather than string everyone along with "next week we will have machines in test locations" every week, they should just say Christmas 2013.

That way if they can get their game together earlier than that date, they will look like geniuses rather than constantly pushing the date back and looking like fools.

Quoted from snaroff:

The hardware is clearly very far along. The long pole is software. The software foundation looks like it's in good shape based on the videos. Hopefully JJP employs more than 1 programmer. Even if Keith is the only programmer, it still seems like it's 3-6 months from completion.

They don't have the flippers working properly yet, so they can't even set the pitch on the game.

If it was only software, they would have dozens of machines to show, not just a single specimen to drag around.

If it was only software, they would have 100s of games assembled, only awaiting the final software install. They would have a factory full of workers learning to do assembly steps, testing boards and completing assemblies. The owner's manual would be complete and available for download.

There is a member here who drives through JJPs parking lot ever week to see when the production has started. It won't go unnoticed.

Until then, I look forward to the first production game!

#505 11 years ago

This is what pinball people act like when someone makes a post about their pinball machine ..

#506 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol well you gotta draw the line somewhere, but not sure that going back the SS/EM days is the way to go in terms of score.. Your saying you could play a game these days where the scoring is similar to Paragon or BK????

I'm sure part of the EM scoring was due to added cost from more score reels. Before score reels when the back box would light different scores, the games had scores in the millions.

#507 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Clay has 50000 good reasons to post his thoughts !

Jim since you came back in the thread and are on the topic of trolls, is there any chance you will explain your 50,000 reasons comment. I am still very curious and unfortunately am not part of the inside super secret club.

#508 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I deploy automated factory and CNC equipment. I redesign factory flow and streamline processes.
Even much larger and experienced companies grossly underestimate the amount of time it takes to train a new batch of unskilled workers - and then streamline the process steps. It takes months until new workers come anywhere near their expected proficiency and output.
JJP has no manufacturing experience at all, so rather than string everyone along with "next week we will have machines in test locations" every week, they should just say Christmas 2013.
That way if they can get their game together earlier than that date, they will look like geniuses rather than constantly pushing the date back and looking like fools.

They don't have the flippers working properly yet, so they can't even set the pitch on the game.
If it was only software, they would have dozens of machines to show, not just a single specimen to drag around.
If it was only software, they would have 100s of games assembled, only awaiting the final software install. They would have a factory full of workers learning to do assembly steps, testing boards and completing assemblies. The owner's manual would be complete and available for download.
There is a member here who drives through JJPs parking lot ever week to see when the production has started. It won't go unnoticed.

Ok..fair enough. Since I've been signed up for 2 years, maybe I'm overly optimistic and guilty of drinking the JJP "kool-aid"

I also agree that JJP's open development process, updates, and bogus timelines/deadlines have been disappointing. I've been involved in 5 high-tech startup companies and unfortunately starting a company isn't without speed bumps.

Nevertheless, I still fully support JJP and hope WOZ turns out great, whenever it is delivered.

#509 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jim since you came back in the thread and are on the topic of trolls, is there any chance you will explain your 50,000 reasons comment. I am still very curious and unfortunately am not part of the inside super secret club.

It was explained pages ago. Misunderstanding re: PPE donation pledge

#510 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are crazy dude. Test pin any day. WoZ shipping before Thanksgiving. People will have them by Christmas 2012 for sure.

#511 11 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Nevertheless, I still fully support JJP and hope WOZ turns out great, whenever it is delivered.

Me too.

#512 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You are crazy dude. Test pin any day. WoZ shipping before Thanksgiving. People will have them by Christmas 2012 for sure.

I already have mine.

#513 11 years ago

Part of the question is what sort of production volume will they shoot for or be able to achieve? At first 10 games a week would be a major accomplishment. I have never had the impression that JJP was initially shooting for the type/size factory that Stern has and would end up somewhere between a boutique seller and what Stern is in capacity for the WoZ production. So while it is possible that games could start on the production line by early 2013, how long will it take until even the 1000 LEs are produced let alone the addition Pro games?

Averaging 25 complete games a week seems like a big number for a new factory. That would mean 40 weeks to produce 1000 games. Even at 40 games a week there is a good chance a significant number of people won't receive their games by the end of 2013.

#514 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sounds like a busy guy.

#515 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want to call him out at least take the time to go back and read the thread. Its all there.

#516 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

vid1900 said:

Sounds like a busy guy.

Or stalker.

LTG

#517 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Sounds like a busy guy.

Or someone with no job who is likely sucking up my tax dollars on welfare.

#518 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If you want to call him out at least take the time to go back and read the thread. Its all there.

I read the thread. Jim NEVER replied or answered other than saying>>>

Quoted from McCune:

Come on guys ! Really , you can't figure it out ? I read the same stuff you read. I am in the same hobby you are in .. I don't hate ,I just make observations.
Jim

I read the post about PPE >>>

Quoted from Jake:

I don't know Clay, Jim, or Jack. Could the 50,000 comment relate to this:
http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=444735&highlight=Jersey+jack+pinball
Again, I don't know if Clay is involved in the PPE or if Jim was meaning to insinuate anything. I am only offering potential clarification in an effort to stop the bickering/get this thread back on topic.

but never saw a reply from Jim>> did I miss one???

Is PPE what you were talking about Jim?

#519 11 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Sounds like a busy guy.

It's on his way home from work he has said, LOL.

#520 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's on his way home from work he has said, LOL.

The factory isn't on any main road. In fact it's about 3/4 of a mile from any main thoroughfare.

What that means is your friend drives 1.5 miles out of his way to check up on a company who he likely is not a customer of. That means he is A) an obsessed stalker B) has zero life C) probably an escaped mental patient.

#521 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Or it's on his way to work every day.

Pappy

#522 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The factory isn't on any main road. In fact it's about 3/4 of a mile from any main thoroughfare.
What that means is your friend drives 1.5 miles out of his way to check up on a company who he likely is not a customer of. That means he is A) an obsessed stalker B) has zero life C) probably an escaped mental patient.

Seriously?

Why wouldn't people be glad that he was doing this? Wouldn't it be great news when he lets us know that there were a ton of cars in the parking lot at the factory?

#523 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Or it's on his way to work every day.
Pappy

No it's literally in the middle of nowhere. Unless he happens to work cutting lawns for the state I doubt it

#524 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

OMG he must be crazy to drive 1.5 once a week!

Pappy

#525 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

OMG he must be crazy to drive 1.5 once a week!
Pappy

Sorry to offend you. But it's a bit stalkerish. Ring the bell next time you drive through.

#526 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

As Keith said, I think it's about perception. When you match on a number, the player earned their number. If you match on colors or faces - how does the player get to choose what's their color or face? If it's randomly assigned, they won't be happy.

When you match on a number, it's randomly assigned too.

#527 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

but never saw a reply from Jim>> did I miss one???

Is PPE what you were talking about Jim?

Jim mistakenly connected dots between Clay donating to PPE via his repair guides, PPE needing to reach a 50,000 fund raising goal and Jersey Jack pledging a free game to PPE should they reach that goal.

Jim told me he regrets his post and was unsure of how to write an explanation without suffering a continued backlash.

Jim was wrong here but in his defense I have seen many people connect dots such as this on many subjects. I can guarantee we will see it again in the future. Lesson for all of us here going forward.

Kim

#528 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Jim mistakenly connected dots between Clay donating to PPE via his repair guides, PPE needing to reach a 50,000 fund raising goal and Jersey Jack pledging a free game to PPE should they reach that goal.
Jim told me he regrets his post and was unsure of how to write an explanation without suffering a continued backlash.
Jim was wrong here but in his defense I have seen many people connect dots such as this on many subjects. I can guarantee we will see it again in the future. Lesson for all of us here going forward.
Kim

Thanks VERY much for clearing that up Kim. That makes completely sense.

#529 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I am glad to see a low score

If Stern would have done this there would be an uproar. C'mon, you know it's true. But, because JJP is doing it, it's okay.

#530 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Enough with the troll accusations too. I think most of the drivel around here is spewed by JJP fanboys.

I think it is about even, but here is a great example of your point:

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Might it be that this person knows there is a LOT of interest in this subject and many are tired of the misdirection? He is doing us all a favor and gets called names by the fanboys. Hopefully the above quote was a joke.

#531 11 years ago

If they add 3 zeros to the end does that make everyone feel like they accomplished something? I'll write a patch when the game is released to add 3 zeros.

#532 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I think it is about even, but here is a great example of your point:

Might it be that this person knows there is a LOT of interest in this subject and many are tired of the lies and misdirection? He is doing us all a favor and gets called names by the fanboys. Hopefully the above quote was a joke.

Please point out a lie? I haven't seen one? Missed guesses on dates yes. But where is the lies you speak of? I'd like a bulleted list please.

#533 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If they add 3 zeros to the end does that make everyone feel like they accomplished something? I'll write a patch when the game is released to add 3 zeros.

I'll release the next "must have mod" for WOZ: A piece of mylar with "000" on it that can be attached to the LCD. Only $29.95! Limited quantities! Order now!

#534 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Could be someone who is retired and living off of a defined benefit pension plan. Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

#535 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Who the hell are you to judge people for what they do on their own time?

#536 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Please point out a lie? I haven't seen one? Missed guesses on dates yes. But where is the lies you speak of? I'd like a bulleted list please.

I don't feel like arguing so I edited out the word "lie". Even still all the talk of "test" games and missed shipping dates borders on it... Seeing the video of the game last weekend with alpha software, there is no way they were even close to putting out a test game in July or August.

#537 11 years ago

Jesus, Alex. Can you please construct the Perfect Levy Post just once more, and alter the course of the universe for us in one fell swoop? It will require:

1) Vast overreaching and hyperbole about someone's words or actions;
2) some form of Conservative spew - preferably about welfare or unemployment;
3) vague reference to some official tie between you and JJP;
4) a blatant swipe at Stern;
5) a good amount of self-congratulation about your technical prowess;
6) a reminder that no one else on the board will understand the actions you shall take using said prowess; and
7) unwaivering compliment for WOZ and JJP.

I will get my helmet while you write away.

#538 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Well I guess it depends on your definition of "lie". You use the word "guess", which is fair enough I suppose, but for example, weren't we told that a test pin would be on location in July. Then it became "no later than Labor Day"? Then it was said it was going to be delayed by a week....or two. October is just a couple days away. Where is the test pin that was going to be on location?

Edit: actually I think the first test pin was supposed to be in March or April?

#539 11 years ago

Toe the line everyone. These are opinions. Merely opinions.

#540 11 years ago

Mj-thriller-popcorn-o.gifMj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

#541 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Who the hell are you to judge people for what they do on their own time?

Nothing more than opinion. All opinions are judgements by definition.

So basically you are saying. Who the hell am I to have an opinion. Wow the nerve of me.

#542 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nothing more than opinion. All opinions are judgements by definition.
So basically you are saying. Who the hell am I to have an opinion. Wow the nerve of me.

All of your opinions are judgments, that is for sure. But not all opinions are judgments, and not by all persons. You can't spell judgments, yet are very judgmental. But I don't judge you for that. It's just my opinion that the fact is quite funny.

#543 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jesus, Alex. Can you please construct the Perfect Levy Post just once more, and alter the course of the universe for us in one fell swoop? It will require:
1) Vast overreaching and hyperbole about someone's words or actions;
2) some form of Conservative spew - preferably about welfare or unemployment;
3) vague reference to some official tie between you and JJP;
4) a blatant swipe at Stern;
5) a good amount of self-congratulation about your technical prowess;
6) a reminder that no one else on the board will understand the actions you shall take using said prowess; and
7) unwaivering compliment for WOZ and JJP.
I will get my helmet while you write away.

I'm not a conservative in the least. Can't stand right wingers. Or left for that matter.

I made no swipe at stern? I own a few. Thanks though.

Nice word, hyperbole. Someone's been reading again! . Let me use A few. Your posts at trite and unimaginitive; at the same time trying to be pedantic yet is nothing but discernment. (Quick grab a dictionary)

I have no official tie with anyone btw. Keep flailing.

#544 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'll release the next "must have mod" for WOZ: A piece of mylar with "000" on it that can be attached to the LCD. Only $29.95! Limited quantities! Order now!

Hahahha. Now that's funny.

#545 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have no official tie with anyone btw. Keep flailing.

Yes, I know this. That isn't what I wrote.

#546 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

All true, except he is an early investor in WOZ.

#547 11 years ago

Stay on track and stop attacking each other. You guys know better. You can have opinions but you have reverted to bickering. When a person posts a picture of them eating popcorn or IBTL you have gone to far.

#548 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If Stern would have done this there would be an uproar. C'mon, you know it's true. But, because JJP is doing it, it's okay.

why do you need to keep saying its OK for JJP? The love/ hate goes both ways. With that said, I have been the same all he time, I would love to see all the scores low for all manufacturers. If Stern did it I would be happy for them and glad to see it there as well.

You are probably correct that some would scream. The same people that complain that two pins have too many shots that are the same do they hate them would complain that the scores are different. Makes me laugh how people will say they want to see something different but never shut up if something is actually different.

#549 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

why do you need to keep saying its OK for JJP? The love/ hate goes both ways. With that said, I have been the same all he time, I would love to see all the scores low for all manufacturers. If Stern did it I would be happy for them and glad to see it there as well.
You are probably correct that some would scream. The same people that complain that two pins have too many shots that are the same do they hate them would complain that the scores are different. Makes me laugh how people will say they want to see something different but never shut up if something is actually different.

You are completely correct. The argument that high scoring is needed makes ZERO sense.

If a game takes 100 well placed shots and you score 1,000,000,000 is changed and that same game with the same 100 well placed shots scores 1,000,000; did the fundamentals of the game change? No it's literally just a div/1000.

The fact people get hung up on that is mind boggling. It wasn't a problem on sys11 games? Did the advent of dmd's suddenly make shots more valuable? Was the screen real estate so in need of filling tha extra zero's were used to feel complete?

#550 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm not a conservative in the least. Can't stand right wingers.

You sure sound like one. Liking Ayn Rand just makes you a different type of right winger, call it libertarian and pretend its different if you like. I dont mind right wingers, living in the South i am surrounded by them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ppe-first-video/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.