IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1579.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 11 years ago

From pinballnews.com, first posted video of the game as it was play tested after setup.

#2 11 years ago

Still looks floaty. Slingshots have good action. Flipper action looks...strange, but I can't quite pin why. Lots of biffed shots, ramp shot still seeming like the flippers aren't strong enough....

Man...come on.

#3 11 years ago

At least there's more progress... get to see multiball finally and the lights seem to be doing more. Also the castle playfield looks to be at least partially functioning.

#4 11 years ago

Cooooooool.

I think it looks like a winner.

#5 11 years ago

The flippers, particularly the lower right, do look like they could use more power.

#6 11 years ago

Is there a magnet in front of the witch target? I have seen several videos of the game, but in this video just before the 5min mark, the ball looks like its affected by a magnet? Maybe this has already been discussed?

#7 11 years ago

Wow, that was excellent. The lighting looks much better now.
The changing sling colors are very cool.
Looks like there is a magnet in front of the witch too, which adds some randomness around that area.
There are alot of new quotes and multiball/lock videos look cool.
It doesn't appear scoring is setup yet unless the game scoring is very low (12,500?)
It will be nice to see the bonus yellow brick road and the rest of the inserts working, but this game is definately coming along.
It didn't seem the player had trouble making the ramp with a well timed shot. (It reminds me of the shot in DemoMan where if you just bat the ball around there is no way you can get it up to the cryoclaw, but a good player can do it no problem.)
The lighting is very cool in this game, well done JJP.

#8 11 years ago

I would love to see the guy playing try a death save, with Jack standing right there

Just slam the thing around. That would be funny.

#9 11 years ago

Pretty, pretty cool!!

#10 11 years ago

What I'm not sure about is what is going on with the left loop? I've seen the shot made in 2 videos now and the ball looks like it takes forever to come around, almost like it goes up to the inlines in the upper right, bounces around and has to makes it way back down. It just seems like a really slow shot.

#11 11 years ago

It looks like your 2 main shots are right in the middle, next to each other. And in 7 out of 10 shots the ball wont reach it or will not go into the ramp.

It looks like 2 magic trunks who dont want to be hit by a ball. Maybe if those shots were going in more easy the gameplay would be much better. But then the ramp intrance should be better and the flippers need more power.

The machine looks great, and for the first time i see some potential, but then they need to tweak the gameplay.

One thing i dont understand. That awful music. From the first ever WOZ video we year that irritating song. But Jack told us that music was only for the video, and it will be not on the final machine. But i have serious doubts about that. What do you guys think?

But ok, first time i see something positive in my eyes. Still think the gameplay looks boring for me personal. But its going into the right direction.

Best WOZ video so far, thanks for posting.

#12 11 years ago

It's looking really nice. I do wish they'd take out that "journey is the reward" line, for some reason I find it sort of annoying, especially repeated that frequently. Is that line from the actual movie?

#13 11 years ago

Thanks for posting. The game looks and sounds beautiful. The gameplay, which never can be judged in a video but rather when you play it first, reminds me of TSPP a lot still. We'll see

#14 11 years ago

Jolly park 2!

#15 11 years ago

After watching that I can predict one thing... we will be seeing a lot of these postings soon:

FS: low play WoZ
FS: HUO WoZ
FS/FT: NIB WoZ o will trade for Avatar
FT: HUO WoZ
FS: WoZ new lower price!
FT: NIB WoZ for a nice DH

Calm down WoZ lovers, just having fun!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

One thing i dont understand. That awful music. From the first ever WOZ video we year that irritating song. But Jack told us that music was only for the video, and it will be not on the final machine. But i have serious doubts about that. What do you guys think?
But ok, first time i see something positive in my eyes. Still think the gameplay looks boring for me personal. But its going into the right direction.
Best WOZ video so far, thanks for posting.

I know, the music was boring and monotone. I love Granner's work on TZ. Hopefully he's still onboard and working on it...just seems like the music would be further along. The "Journey is the Reward" callout is o.k. once, but it seems to be more prevalent.

Since I'm an early adopter, I'm a little nervous. Oh well...it's certainly a nice looking pin with great "fit and finish". I just hope it ends up being fun!

#17 11 years ago

Friggen sweet! What a beautiful addition to the gameroom this will be. I'm sure the play issues are being addressed if people think the flipper shots are weak. Heck, its all BWMS parts so they can be beefed up if there are no code changes to take care of it.

#18 11 years ago

Oh man...this is getting good!!

#20 11 years ago

Best video yet in my opinion. First time the ball looked like it had some good speed to it. Looks fun.

#21 11 years ago

Game looks great,video did not play well for me so I could not tell much about gameplay.Hope they integrate the LCD more.

#22 11 years ago

Agree that the ball looks floaty and the flippers are weak. I wonder if you could even make the ramp shots with the game set to 6.5 degrees? This should not be hard to fix if they are using WMS flippers; just install the blue coils! I have no doubt they will fix this, but it is a little bit of a head scratcher why it made it this far with such underpowered flippers.

And yes, the sound/music in its current form would be a show stopper for me ever owning one. Ugh. I muted half way though the video.

#23 11 years ago

Looks great!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Is there a magnet in front of the witch target? I have seen several videos of the game, but in this video just before the 5min mark, the ball looks like its affected by a magnet? Maybe this has already been discussed?

Yes, there are 2 magnets below the witch. It's been known since very early on, but they might have had them disabled in some videos.

#25 11 years ago

Best video yet. The game is certainly beautiful to look at and the artistry that has come together on the machine is second to none. Still, this is all about gameplay. It certainly looked smoother than it has in other videos. I hope the LCD will be used for more than just static shots for hitting certain targets. My main concern being that it won't be as involving or entertaining as a good DMD.

No way this game gets finished this year. It is wayyyy too far from complete.

#26 11 years ago

Looks pretty good to me. The multiball animation has been fine tuned as before the wizard didnt blend in properly. This shows real progress. Just wish they'd make the good witch's lines less frequent.

#27 11 years ago

I actually hope it doesn't get released until sometime mid next year. That will hopefully allow me to get the money saved up for the standard version and also would free up earlier funds for the Avengers pin! Hopefully there is some info on that today.

#28 11 years ago

This is the best quality video yet, and the pin looks gorgeous! Absolutely love the lighting.

I wonder about the game play though. This video seems to show the same thing as the last one released by JJP in terms of how many attempts have to be made to get the ball up the upper middle ramps before being successful. Still looks like a fairly slow game, but it is a widebody pin so that should be expected anyway.

#29 11 years ago

That's an awsome machine. Kind of wishing I was getting one for Christmas.

For those worried about the flippers and ramp shots; I wouldn't worry, If those are the proper released Williams mech's and not prototypes; They are likely electronically controlled and can be made more powerful. If they are not electronically controlled, different coils will be installed in the production games.

I really like the witch making the catcalls. To me, that makes the machine. I'm starting to like the theme more and more.

Can't wait to play at the Chicago expo.

I wish JJP all the best.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

After watching that I can predict one thing... we will be seeing a lot of these postings soon:
FS: low play WoZFS: HUO WoZFS/FT: NIB WoZ o will trade for AvatarFT: HUO WoZFS: WoZ new lower price!FT: NIB WoZ for a nice DH
Calm down WoZ lovers, just having fun!

THATS FUNNY !

#31 11 years ago

The more I watch the more this is TSPP in a widebody. Munchkin huts = Couch lock. Trees = Cooling Towers, etc. Not that that's a bad thing, but for some people who have formed opinions about that game, one way or another, will probably feel the same about WOZ. It just might be a tad slower in a widebody.

#32 11 years ago

The pin looks gorgeous! Absolutely love the lighting.

I wonder about the game play though.

I agree. I am scared of having the best looking pin ever created... that I never play. STILL waiting for my final judgement....

3570_picture_of_a_very_nervous_man_bit.jpg3570_picture_of_a_very_nervous_man_bit.jpg

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's an awsome machine. Kind of wishing I was getting one for Christmas.

So does everyone who pre-ordered!

#34 11 years ago

I'd like to see what they have to audit, adjust, test....what Stern calls Portals.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am scared of having the best looking pin ever created... that I never play

After reading some posts from Martin @ pinballnews, I am finding myself less worried about the game play. I will shut up about it and decide for myself when the time comes.

Patience....sigh

#36 11 years ago

Best video yet. Things seem to be coming together which is nice to (finally) see happening.

#37 11 years ago

Looking better. While I will never be a buyer due to the theme I wish JJ the best.

#38 11 years ago

Is there a series of drop targets you have to hit to get up the middle?
The speed of the game looks fine to me. Flipper strength also looks fine.
I know what the Crystal Ball does now....

#39 11 years ago

coming along great, i wish JJP the best. i think it's gonna be a nice pins when everything is final for those who like WOZ.

probably won't own one because a can't stand the theme and the music. looking foward to pin #2.

#40 11 years ago

From pinballnews...

It's too early to form a solid impression - not least because I was flitting back and forth between the WoZ set-up and doing the AV for Clay's seminar, so never had a good chance to play it.

The first thing that hit me though was just how damn bright and vivid those LEDs are. No video camera can do them justice, but you get a sense at the end of the video when it goes back to attrack mode.

There is a really nice YBR inserts animation at the start which indicates the path in a kind of visual flourish. You'll see that soon I'm sure.

Rules so far:

- There are three button rollovers, each of which adds letters to the the Tin Man, Lion and Scarecrow. Spell out all three to light lock on the ramp. Lock three balls to start multiball

- Knock the Winkie drop target down three times and it stays down, allowing the centre top VUK to send the ball to the Witch's Castle mini-playfield.

- If you complete both standups in the pop bumper area, that enables the magnet at the top above the rollover lanes. The magnet holds the ball while the winged monkey grabs it and flies it up to the Witch's Castle.

- When lock isn't lit, every second shot to the ramp goes to the Munchkinland mini-playfield which is harder to loop than it looks.

I've seen comments saying the flippers don't look strong enough to make the ramp shot reliably. I don't think that's true. A well-aimed shot never has a problem, but anything slightly off may not make it. That's not a strength issue though, it's an accuracy one.

Think that's enough for now. Time for breakfast. I'll have pictures of the machine's unboxing and set up later today on Pinball News, and will post a link here when I've done the article (in between the seminars).

Cheers,

Martin.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Best video yet. The game is certainly beautiful to look at and the artistry that has come together on the machine is second to none. Still, this is all about gameplay. It certainly looked smoother than it has in other videos. I hope the LCD will be used for more than just static shots for hitting certain targets. My main concern being that it won't be as involving or entertaining as a good DMD.
No way this game gets finished this year. It is wayyyy too far from complete.

I think they really missed the mark with the backbox mounted LCD. Quetzl (?) has it right with the under playfield LCD.

The next step is individual OLED displays at each shot

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is there a series of drop targets you have to hit to get up the middle

Just one "Winkie guard" drop target that blocks the path to the VUK.

#43 11 years ago

Really looking good.

Everyone please keep in mind this is still a work in progress.

This is the first video that makes me honestly very excited to see WOZ in person. Prior to this I was pumped for a new pinball company and the idea of what it brings. Now, I am excited for this actual game.

Jarjar>> do I get an invite to the unboxing when the time comes?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Just one "Winkie guard" drop target that blocks the path to the VUK.

Ahhh! Thanks. Very nifty!

#45 11 years ago

Thanks for posting OP.

It does look slow but thats what happens when all of your shots are at the end of the playfield instead of ramps right on the flippers. I would bet this will be a great game, it better be after all of the delays

In a way the shots remind me of the Baywatch ramps. You have to have a clean machine well tuned to make those ramps. Not comparing BW to WOZ, just mentioning another game with ramps at the end of the PF.

#46 11 years ago

I like the LCD, I just think there needs to be some more to it but I'm sure there will be. Playfield, LEDs, toys all look great. I like the wood apron too. Seemed to shoot well. Wasn't lightning fast but didn't appear slow either. Saucer seemed to kick the ball to the flippers fast. Nobody makes every ramp shot all the time. Would like to hear more from people that played it and not the people that want it to fail.

#48 11 years ago

Looks great but I agree with the flipper comment, needs a little more kick.

#49 11 years ago

Well, I don't have a deposit on one.. BUT having seen several videos I agree with several posts above.. that game will get real old hitting that post in between the 2 ramps.. needs to be a little easier to get the shots up and not have it reject all the time.. the theme music will also get real irritating.. both faults should be changed before release.. and yes the LCD is a vast waste of space and resources... needs something besides 4 panels of static images... score display is way too small..

having said that though it certainly has a beautiful light show and artwork rivaling the Williams era and way better than most Sterns of the past decade...

Hopefully JJP can match the beauty of its product with better software/animations/hardware tweaks
in the next few months..

I'm hopeful and might order one if all of that occurs..

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from PeteM:

I think they really missed the mark with the backbox mounted LCD. Quetzl (?) has it right with the under playfield LCD.
The next step is individual OLED displays at each shot

I do not want any displays where the ball will roll over it. That would make gem hard to see after a while unless they kept clean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-ppe-first-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.