image.jpg
aux-in.jpg
Screen-Shot-2013-02-26-at-21.57.17.png
image.jpg
otters.png
south_park.jpg
woz_debate.gif
aux-in.jpg
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

WOZ is now at #91 on the top #100 list?

#2 10 years ago

Must be crap then

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip....

#4 10 years ago

Lots of pins start out with lousy ratings then as more people play it and the codes improveit will rise. Most people who have rated it so far have only played a couple games on the demo units. The finished code and product should make the game way more exciting and desirable. I had a ac/dc premium and the game didnt get really good untill 3 or 4 software uploads, then the game went from good to great! The ratings will climb, its still very new and i am optimistic it will eventually be a top 20 game.

#5 10 years ago

troll ratings

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Lots of pins start out with lousy ratings then as more people play it and the codes improveit will rise. Most people who have rated it so far have only played a couple games on the demo units. The finished code and product should make the game way more exciting and desirable. I had a ac/dc premium and the game didnt get really good untill 3 or 4 software uploads, then the game went from good to great! The ratings will climb, its still very new and i am optimistic it will eventually be a top 20 game.

it was #17 before!

#7 10 years ago

The last code I played the game was getting better, but still had a ways to go; I am anxious to play it when the code is done.

#8 10 years ago

My complaint about WOZ is the clunky feel to it and the slow pop bumpers. Also the video waz lacking on the demo unit I played. However the game has potential and is very solid made materials, lots of toys and beatuful led lighting everywhere. I also believe this game has a low rating due to the huge relese delays. I would be furious to have 7-8000 bucks tied up in a game for well over 2-3 years! We shall see when its code is complete how it stands up against older games.

#9 10 years ago

Means very little. Will take months to stabilize. May hit top 10, may drop below top 100. Right now means nothing.

#10 10 years ago

I wanted so badly for WOZ to be a great game, but I was sorely disappointed after playing it the first few times. Granted it feels heavier and thus higher quality then some of the recent Sterns, but the lighting was horrendous and gameplay was boringly slow and not very many gratifying shots.

I am a huge fan of JJP and Bally/Williams, and even though I have played every single modern Stern I have only really enjoyed 4-5 of Sterns modern stuff, so I was really rooting for WOZ. But I found the GI lighting in WOZ was probably the worst I have ever seen I guess I would be forced to play in a well lit room if I had one, and the Golden Brick road LEDs were so bright I could barely see any of the playfield at all. And this is coming from a guy that puts LEDs in everything I own, I am sure you can dial down the LEDs to not be so blinded by them but this still would not fix the terrible lack of GI on the playfield.

Also over 80% of all my drains were straight down the middle out of the Wizard Kick-Out on the right side of the playfield. I started ignoring that part of the playfield because EVERY time it went down into that reseased kick-out it would drain SDTM 95% of the time upon kick-out. So frustrating when you know it is coming and even a tilt nudge won't save the drain from a kick-out.

#11 10 years ago

To each his own. Never had any of those problems...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

troll ratings

Like this one?:

“10's all the way to offset the bogus 1's of course.......I will provide a further update later”

Five people rated it a perfect 10.0, 2 rated it a 1.0. All 7 of these people should be banned from rating pins.

#13 10 years ago

Omg #91. I am never buying it unless its top 10.

Thanks to all the great pinsiders for being so honest.

#14 10 years ago

Did anyone read the comments. Great rating system. And the other side is people rating it high when they've never played it.

Monarca1091 rated this game on May 08, 2013.
“Why is this pinball rated at # 17 and only have 10 ratings ? And not all are high ratings , so again why is it in top 20 pinballs of all time ? So many pinballs are old and trying to keep in the top 20 but here comes wizard of oz and gets a place right away ....I don't agree with this rating system. I will change my rating when there's enough to play one .....”

#15 10 years ago

For all those guys who can't stand the WoZ music, just snag one of these bad boys below and then turn on your favorite heavy metal Pandora™ station.

Problem solved

aux-in.jpgaux-in.jpg

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Thanks to all the great pinsiders for being so honest.

That is the one thing you won't find around here !

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Monarca1091 rated this game on May 08, 2013.
“Why is this pinball rated at # 17 and only have 10 ratings ? And not all are high ratings , so again why is it in top 20 pinballs of all time ? So many pinballs are old and trying to keep in the top 20 but here comes wizard of oz and gets a place right away ....I don't agree with this rating system. I will change my rating when there's enough to play one .....”

Trolls like that should be banned from rating a game that they have not even played yet

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Trolls like that should be banned from rating a game that they have not even played yet

Ban them !

#19 10 years ago

I think any rating higher than 9 or lower than 4 should be thrown out at this point until the game is closer to completion and more people get to play actual production machines.

I actually don't think any DMD or newer pinball machines deserves less than a 4 overall rating if you actually take the time to go thru each category and rate objectively.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I actually don't think any DMD or newer pinball machines deserves less than a 4 overall rating if you actually take the time to go thru each category and rate objectively.

I agree with this!

#21 10 years ago

I have only played an early software version of WOZ at the London Pinball championship so far, so haven't rated the game yet.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the game as it stood then, but looking forward to playing a WOZ with the final version of the rule set installed. I'm not rating the game until then.

#22 10 years ago

People buy games they've never seen simply because the graphics painted on the surfaces are a favorite corporate brand. I'd take the ratings with a grain of salt.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

it makes him a troll if he doesn't like the game? he can judge a game based on video and pics. It seems like that's the norm around here anyway considering that's how Stern sells out every LE before it's out. people can judge on pictures.
oh, and who cares about ratings anyway?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

looking forward to playing a WOZ with the final version of the rule set installed. I'm not rating the game until then.

agreed!
I played about 20 games in Louisville at the arcade expo on a prototype machine and will wait till I get to play a production machine several times before I feel I can rate it.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

he can judge a game based on video and pics. It seems like that's the norm around here anyway considering that's how Stern sells out every LE before it's out. people can judge on pictures.

NO that is just wrong and I believe against pinside rules for rating a pin.

#26 10 years ago

Ratings truly mean nothing. It's just an averaged opinion that get distorted from "noise" caused by "trolls".

Play what you love, love what you play. Who gives a rip what the next guy thinks.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

I believe against pinside rules for rating a pin

In that case, i'm sorry. I take back my comment.

#28 10 years ago

The high ratings that are posted as bogus should be deleted. Those people should also be banned from making future ratings to the game.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

it makes him a troll if he doesn't like the game? he can judge a game based on video and pics. It seems like that's the norm around here anyway considering that's how Stern sells out every LE before it's out. people can judge on pictures.

Did you read the review quoted? It doesn't say anything about liking or hating the game, it doesn't say anything about having watched videos or looked at pictures... it simply says he doesn't like a new game like WOZ getting into the top 20 with 10 ratings and pushing out other titles. So, he gives it a 1.000 based on absolutely nothing except his desire to lower its ranking.

THAT'S why this rating system is a total joke, ESPECIALLY when it claims these are "approved" ratings. Approved based on what?

#30 10 years ago

You guys are cracking me up with the yells of "BAN THEM" and all the pitchfork grabbing.

I honestly just looked into this for you though, because there wasn't a "pinball ratings" section in my Official Moderator Orientation Handbook(TM) (or a handbook for that matter) and I had no clue, so here's what I found:

http://pinside.com/pinball/help/the-pinside-top-100-faq

"How do you guys make sure the list is fair? We try to keep the list clean by constantly monitoring the votes that have been cast. Over the years we have developed certain measures that enables us to spot troll votes rather easily and to remove them instantly from the list. Of course we don't presume we managed to get rid of 100% of the troll votes, but all in all we think we did a pretty good job in keeping the list honest."

So... I have no clue who does this, how often, etc. This is going to be a Robin question, which I'll be happy to ask for you if you'd like. I don't take much stock in ratings myself, but I know some of you take it very seriously, so I'll help out if I can.

#31 10 years ago

I just want you all to know I didn't rate WOZ so I'm not the devil you think I am

Honestly anyone who rated WOZ positive or negative at its unfinished stage has an agenda

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I just want you all to know I didn't rate WOZ so I'm not the devil you think I am
Honestly anyone who rated WOZ positive or negative at its unfinished stage has an agenda

I do not agree. When a game is released it is fair game to rate it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not agree. When a game is released it is fair game to rate it.

I suppose you have a point

Games have shipped

Fair enough

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

For all those guys who can't stand the WoZ music, just snag one of these bad boys below and then turn on your favorite heavy metal Pandora™ station.

here's a video of that in action

#35 10 years ago

dont release the game unfinished if you dont want it rated. if you can play it, you can evaluate it

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I suppose you have a point
Games have shipped
Fair enough

Games have shipped but are the reviews based on prototype games with different boardsets, infant software, etc. that were at at shows, distributors, etc. before the game was officially released? I agree that if the reviews are based on actual "Production" games that they are fair game and can be rated.

If we can rate WOZ games that are prototypes and not complete, we should also be able to rate games like P3, Predator, etc. at this point in time.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Problem solved

I can not remember if it has been discussed. Is the music/call outs/ sounds/ fully adjustable? Could you turn the music down all the way while leaving the other sounds? If so, I see a little Dark Side of the Moon in my future.

#38 10 years ago

The WOZ debate....

woz_debate.gifwoz_debate.gif

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

You guys are cracking me up with the yells of "BAN THEM"

Good, then you got my joke if you were cracking up !

#40 10 years ago

It's always interesting to go into a WOZ thread. You've got the WOZ lovers/supporters, the WOZ haters, and everyone else on the bell curve sitting by watching, occasionally prodding and poking just to get a rise out of people because they can. I'm glad we're keeping it mostly civil here, though. Thanks for that.

I personally refuse to rate something that I don't fully understand, and I can barely play the games I have properly. Sadly, I honestly don't know enough about most pinball machines or been exposed to enough to form strong opinions either way. Heck, our family collection consists of a new Bally, an old Bally EM, a Williams, a P2K, a Data East, a Sega, a Capcom, a Stern, and a SkitB on order. I don't have a brand preference or really care about the ratings list, I just like what I like, and I like pinball in general.

Ted, I like your gif. I kinda feel like we need a South Park "rabble rabble" mob at some point, just if you get the time.

#41 10 years ago

only time will tell. i really don't understand how someone could rank any game below a 2.0
If you add up the voting criteria it really is impossible unless you are just doing it to help your own agenda.

if this is the case those people should be banned from reviewing games. Robin maybe should pick a 100 pinsiders that can review honestly

#43 10 years ago

I had the chance to play WOZ this weekend at the pinball wizard arcade. I love this machine! It has such a better feeling than any recent stern machine. The toys are really neat and fit well in this machine. The only bad thing about this machine was the strength of the flippers. I felt that it was hard to get the ball going. anyone else get that feeling?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I felt that it was hard to get the ball going. anyone else get that feeling?

Oh my! Here we go again....

#45 10 years ago

I kinda feel like we need a South Park "rabble rabble" mob at some point

south_park.jpgsouth_park.jpg

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

here's a video of that in action
» YouTube video

Sweet! Thanks for that!

Quoted from PEN:

I can not remember if it has been discussed. Is the music/call outs/ sounds/ fully adjustable? Could you turn the music down all the way while leaving the other sounds? If so, I see a little Dark Side of the Moon in my future.

Man I sure hope so! That would be AWESOME to make the call-outs a seperate controllable volume so we can play our own music and still enjoy the rest of the game. The WoZ music doesn't grind on me as it stands now but that may change after a year or two of playing it so having choices is clutch!

Maybe Alex and/or Keith can chime in on the above but since they're all seperate audio files e.t.c. anyways, I would imagine it wouldn't be way over the top difficult to program.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Oh my! Here we go again....

Butter on that popcorn please.

#48 10 years ago

(slow clap for Ted)

Hey Ted, when you have to list your address on forms, do you just automatically put pinside.com?

#49 10 years ago

How did you find that out?? Wow, that Moderator stuff...

otters.pngotters.png

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Not true. If you have played it you should rate it. Ratings are BS, but I like to see what people think. Won't change my mind though

Quoted from MikeS:

If we can rate WOZ games that are prototypes and not complete, we should also be able to rate games like P3, Predator, etc. at this point in time.

If you have played those enough to rate them or have them at home, sure. I have not, so would not feel comfortable rating those. Did I mention ratings are BS ?

Quoted from islandpinball:

only time will tell. i really don't understand how someone could rank any game below a 2.0

I would not, but there IS a 2 on the scale so some people use it. There is a 1 on the scale so we should not be surprised when people use that also. Oh yeah, ratings are BS.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

You all should try this, I found a place with ratings that I 100% agree with.

Now see this guy has interrupted the whole discussion with logic. Damn TG and his brain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-plummets-to-91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.