IMG_3155 (resized).JPG
IMG_3154 (resized).JPG
A067B963-C2D6-40B7-9E85-B1F5478BF153 (resized).jpeg
C5091B63-85BD-462D-BD1C-64E1A95A2A5E (resized).jpeg
3A19C46B-299C-478C-AA36-229694D2DAC1 (resized).jpeg
48B21603-D08F-40D8-8D74-966A35E78030 (resized).jpeg
B5758276-91CE-434A-BF9B-5048CDF71FE4 (resized).jpeg
EBE3E03A-8DF1-43F4-8D83-225C45F3BEA9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Not sure if this will help you but a cheaters tip I have done for years helps me and my random lapses of memory. lol I use an old iPad and set it up on one of those $10 flexy tripods. I set the tripod on the table I am working on so the iPad is basically hovering over the playfield like I'm a surgeon. While I still take Many pictures along the way with the phone, I run video with the iPad overhead to record Every screw and the order I removed them. As I disassemble I kind of hold each part up in my hand and say "short pan head screw 1.5 long" and do this through the entire surgery. Looks kind of corny but Really gives you a great reference guide later to reassemble and maintain proper order. Plus you can pause/rewind to take breaks and even zoom in on segments to refresh your memory. I haven't had a single extra part yet using this corny process. A cell phone would work as well and both record audio. WOZ is one hell of a challenge, I wish you luck!!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Killerbooger:

The game was in a bar and had a lot of crazy play on it. The cabinet is ok but I will be redoing that as well. It is a shame because this is one of the machines that had the art painted on the side (early version). I hate to cover it up but no choice. When I bought the machine apparently the guy that owned it was friends of some kind with JJ and he sent him a new signed playfield, and some other spare parts for the game. (That is what I was told). I now have all those parts.
Work to do:
The front of the cabinet has separated a little so I have to tighten up those fasteners that run from front to side.
Fix cabinet and apply new side art.(Ordered from JJP)
The topper is cracked have a new one to replace it(ordered from JJP)
New legs, and side rails (ordered from JJP)
Munchkin land has been beaten to hell. Will have to replace that and was not planning on it. $450 down the tubes there. If you are reading this and dont have a cliffy protector on that edge get one on there. I am going to order this today or tomorrow from JJP along with mylar protectors, new green lockdown bar, and a set of plastics.
Glass has a giant scratch right down the middle have a new one (ordered from JJP).
Replace all the rubber with titan bands (came with it)
Replace playfield (came with it)
I really am questioning my sanity on this one. I hate to see a really pretty game like this get trashed so I guess I am doing my part to bring it back from what is a really bad shape. The old playfield is terrible...I attached some pics. I like the idea of filming the whole thing on the ipad.

Holly cow they definitely got there moneys worth out of that playfield!! Film, photo, and take your time. You can do it and a worthy cause for a great game. There are Many awesome knowledgable owners on this forum to lend a hand or photo should you miss a step. Plus, you can always call the amazing Lloyd if you get stumped! He is the best of the best and I would be surprised if he didn't have a WOZ tattoo certifying his knowledge on the game! lol

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because of troubleshooting?

Typically because its easier to know where you are going if you know where you have been. Swapping the entire playfield over is a huge challenge. Knowing what works Before doing another conversion is simply smart play.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Killerbooger:

This is where I am quitting for the day. Have a bunch of parts in the tumbler.

Pictures are too clear. You clearly didn’t drink enough!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-swap-advice-needed?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.