Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2105.jpg
IMG_2106.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Title says it all. Mine is still waiting to be built. Should I have them install it?

#2 9 years ago

No, completely overkill.

#3 9 years ago

Same question for me.

I've been thinking
Pros:
1) protect clear
2) removable

Cons:
1) dirt can get underneath and grind, similar to non-adhesive mylar under GTB EM pops.
2) cost/benefit ratio?

Unknown:
1) do cliffy vuk protectors fit?
2) Is there a change of Feel?

#4 9 years ago

Mine is about to be built too and I was wondering the same thing

#5 9 years ago

One big massive extra con to add. I'm betting the playfield is a PITA to disassemble enough to install it.

I think it's a bit overkill for this pin in a HUO enviroment. The one at Pinballz doesn't seem to show any wear that I've noticed and I'm sure it's got more plays on it now then what most HUO will have in a couple of years.

I've heard (and seen pics) of a few with clear issues around the wizard and the vuk for the upper playfield. So I would check that area out and maybe put a protector down there but I think this full sheet would be more than needed.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

One big massive extra con to add. I'm betting the playfield is a PITA to disassemble enough to install it.

Well, those of us still in queue have the options of having it installed at the factory before delivery.

2 months later
#7 9 years ago

Has anyone gone with the factory installed playfield protector and if so what is your opinion?

#8 9 years ago

I decided against.

#9 9 years ago

hi, I had it put on. Excellent job and fit. Very happy. Would at this stage say get it done.

3 weeks later
#10 9 years ago

I just unboxed my Woz 75 with factory installed protector and I am wondering that there is so much dust/dirt under it. So I am hoping that this dust doesn't harm my play field. Any ideas?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just unboxed my Woz 75 with factory installed protector and I am wondering that there is so much dust/dirt under it. So I am hoping that this dust doesn't harm my play field. Any ideas?

Pictures?

#12 9 years ago

Sorry for the delay. Here are two pictures. And this is basically one day after I unboxed it... Should I remove the protector?

IMG_2106.jpgIMG_2106.jpg IMG_2105.jpgIMG_2105.jpg
#13 9 years ago

In looking at the picture....These look like the aftermarket version that Bay Area Amusements sells. I installed one on a Shadow...and for that application, since the playfield had issues with inserts, it was the right way to go.

That being said...I agree that it is overkill on a NIB game. The ball does tend to "float" more on this surface than the playfield, so it doesn't feel like you would expect.

In your situation, I would pass

#14 9 years ago

does it just sit onto of the playfield , or does it stick ? would think that dust as shown in the pictures would gather under it . fit does not look good either

#15 9 years ago

It just sits on the playfield

#16 9 years ago

Yes, it just sits on the play field. It was blocking the drop target as well so that it got stuck below the protector or at times the target lifted the whole protector around that upper area... I am not really happy with it so I think I am going to remove the protector soon. I was told by my seller that it is a JJP factory installed protector...

#17 9 years ago

I had a post with a similar question about my Hobbit order. I think I'm going to pass. My main concern would be dust under it. Knowing my OCD'ness it would drive me nuts.

#18 9 years ago

I can't help but think "Gottlieb's clear mylar pop bumper trim platter" and all the damage those did to the playfield surface after years of ball impacts from the pop bumpers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-protector-yes-or-no and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.