Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Cliffy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00672.JPG
    DSC00676.JPG
    DSC00675.JPG
    DSC00674.JPG
    DSC00673.JPG
    DSC00672.JPG
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Won't be getting mine for a few months, but would like to be ready when it gets here. What needs protected and is anything being made or in the works?

#3 10 years ago

Maybe, the clear is insanely good though? Does clear wear?

#4 10 years ago

Yes, clear wears!

Really hard wearing clear coat is $300 a gallon, so you know the manufacturers sure don't use that.

If I were to get a WOZ, I'd buy an extra playfield at a show (sometimes they are $200), clear coat it, then swap the playfield.

I'd keep the orig playfield for future insurance.

#5 10 years ago

There isn't a scoop so not a lot of places for quick wear...maybe something in the wizard hole ala TSPP I&S, and maybe a drop target protector ala IJ? For home use I wouldn't worry about it.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, clear wears!

Really hard wearing clear coat is $300 a gallon, so you know the manufacturers sure don't use that.

If I were to get a WOZ, I'd buy an extra playfield at a show (sometimes they are $200), clear coat it, then swap the playfield.

i was thinking about doing something like this , but i don't want the work of breaking down the playfield. Maybe i just won't play it after all gotta keep that shooter lane looking fresh

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

the ones at the show are not production run playfields. why would Jack be selling these when he need them for games. these are for display purposes only.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

the ones at the show are not production run playfields. why would Jack be selling these when he need them for games. these are for display purposes only.

I don't know why Jack is selling them, but I bought one for $200.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Me too

#10 10 years ago

WOZ= hardest PF swap too date! Wait until you see it's insides! No way could I do it!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

i thought they were second's .or blemished..

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

i thought they were second's .or blemished..

There were blems at the open house for $100.

#13 10 years ago

I plan on machining my own playfield plastic protectors....as soon as JJP will sell me a set of plastics so I can design my protectors.

Still waiting for an answer on when I can buy a set.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Won't be getting mine for a few months, but would like to be ready when it gets here. What needs protected and is anything being made or in the works?

2200 games on mine. HARD games. It's never been cleaned or waxed and there is zero wear anywhere. The PF won't need protection in a home environment.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I plan on machining my own playfield plastic protectors....as soon as JJP will sell me a set of plastics so I can design my protectors.
    Still waiting for an answer on when I can buy a set.

You won't be able to get playfield protector plastics in most places. Plus the game plastics are twice as thick as the ones on my tron on met. Literally double the thickness.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

You won't be able to get playfield protector plastics in most places. Plus the game plastics are twice as thick as the ones on my tron on met. Literally double the thickness.

That's good to hear about the plastics being tough. I've already had a couple crazy air balls. One ricocheted off the middle standup and flew up onto the spinning house mini playfield.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

2200 games on mine. HARD games

What is a hard game ? One ball games ? 2200 ?

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

What is a hard game?

You probably don't want to know the specifics. Needless to say, he was rather "excited" ...

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Maybe a playfield glass protector. The balls move so fast and jump around hitting the playfield glass very hard. Scares the hell out of me.

I was thinking maybe a mylar protector where the ball drops from the wireform on the left side inlane. That one gets a lot of action from shooting up the center ramp.

#20 10 years ago

How many coats of clear are the final production games getting then? I remember reading ages ago that they were going for HEP style numbers but I suspect they might not be as crazy as that.

Does a seriously decent CC protect the PF from wear forever or will it eventually be worn down if it was played on site for the next 15-20 years? How many coats did the Diamondplate games get?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You probably don't want to know the specifics. Needless to say, he was rather "excited" ...

What I meant was my game has been to 6 or 7 shows, was used for the electrical certification, along with being my dev game where it gets beaten to hell as I test everything we release. Zero wear anywhere.

#22 10 years ago

I believe many of the playfields sold cheap were ones finished in an earlier clear coat. They then switched for a better clear.

Quoted from McCune:

What is a hard game ? One ball games ? 2200 ?

Dimple testing.

#24 10 years ago

Good video Sunfox. Thanks.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

Good video Sunfox. Thanks.

Not mine - Pinchroma/Alex's!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Not mine - Pinchroma/Alex's!

Yeah thats my son play testing beta code j/k.

#27 10 years ago

It's a comprehensive evaluation of clearcoat thickness, wood hardness, insert resistance to cracking, overall insert installation fastness, toy/plastic resilience to wild airballs... and he really seems to love his job!

#28 10 years ago

LOL..

#29 10 years ago

I got a kick out of him looking in delight at all the lights. It seems it really has the ability to draw you into the playfield. That may bode well in locations.

#30 10 years ago

He LOVES it.. didn't like tron because it wasn't bright. At his age its all visual/hands on stimulation so him throwing a ball into a target and the game splashes with color.

It will draw in a younger crowd no doubt.

#31 10 years ago

too cute...

and you wonder why people were so upset that there were no videos of woz gameplay.

#32 10 years ago

Really cute kid!

..Leaf switches are sharp though! Be careful dude.

#33 10 years ago

That is so cool , WOZ converts to skeeball for 2 year old boys and girls ! I knew the game would do something no other game has ever done .

#34 10 years ago

He keeps his hands away from the slings.. I didn't even show him any of it.. I was playing a game, he watched me start it and figured everything out on his own.

20 months old in that video. But he's been watching me play since he was 3 months old.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

20 months old in that video. But he's been watching me play since he was 3 months old.

He's literally been watching WOZ development almost his entire life! ...the rest of us just feel like we have...

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

He keeps his hands away from the slings.. I didn't even show him any of it.. I was playing a game, he watched me start it and figured everything out on his own.

Just a bit jealous. I have been letting my son watch me play but all he is interested in doing is pushing the buttons. He could care less what's going on in the game

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

Just a bit jealous. I have been letting my son watch me play but all he is interested in doing is pushing the buttons. He could care less what's going on in the game

Not sure how old yours are, but I put a $5 on the back glass of my AFM and told my 12 year old son it was his if he could beat my Grand Champion score. He's been playing night and day ever since! He went from barely knowing that we even owned machines, to being addicted and asking all the little detail scoring/sequence questions!

Best $5 I never spent!

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Not sure how old yours are, but I put a $5 on the back glass of my AFM and told my 12 year old son it was his if he could beat my Grand Champion score. He's been playing night and day ever since! He went from barely knowing that we even owned machines, to being addicted and asking all the little detail scoring/sequence questions!
    Best $5 I never spent!

My kids are a little older and i offered them $100. Worked for a day then...

Bounty never collected.....

$5 got yours going? My kids must be spoiled..

#40 10 years ago

Alex , you got any video of the kid throwing balls at Metallica ? How do you like it ?

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Best $5 I never spent!

Yeah mine is only 2. However the money thing might work as he loves money!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

... so him throwing a ball into a target and the game splashes with color.

That is the one effect I can't wait to see live. The prototype game near me is still in the 90s and can't be updated, so I have only seen it on video. Just the splash across the playfield when you hit a "BALL" target looks really cool on video.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

$5 got yours going? My kids must be spoiled..

I was thinking the exact same thing. If I offered my kids $5, I don't even think they would bat an eyelash. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong as a parent ...

#44 10 years ago

Somebody send him a playfield. I'm in for a set. Not looking forward to installing it though. That's a lot of bells and whistles under that playfield. That's the only downside to a very very positive playfield. There is "passion" in that playfield.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I was thinking the exact same thing. If I offered my kids $5, I don't even think they would bat an eyelash. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong as a parent ...

I couldn't get my son to play when I had 12 pins. I had to get rid of them all, and now he's 25 and is excited about me getting WOZ. Something might have sunk in. I never tried a $5 bill or $100 for that matter. It looks like your mileage may vary.

#46 10 years ago

Jack walked up to me at PPE 2012 and said 'Sorry Cliffy I didn't leave you anything to make protectors for!" Hmmm. And, according to many in this thread it really won't get damaged anywhere, especially in home use. MmmmHmmm. I'm skeptical. I know we will have several Wozzes here in the bay area so I'm sure I'll have access when they show up. However, if folks are skeptical like me and have an extra playfield please get in touch and I'll gladly get some protectors made up.
    email me at crinear at comcast dot net

#47 10 years ago

Always nice to have a Cliffy on there...even if it doesn't need it...

#48 10 years ago

whether it needs it or not, protection is protection. I think there are at least 3 areas that could use cliffy's and hope they are made. Im a buyer!

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think there are at least 3 areas that could use cliffy's and hope they are made.

They will be As soon as I have the game or pf in hand. ACDC is done, Met pros are on the way, Congo is on the floor right now, JM will be in after that, NBA may make an appearance sometime this summer and if WOZ shows up I'll get on it immediately. Hang tight

#50 10 years ago

I'm in for a set cliffy. Quality protectors for a quality pin.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-protection-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.