93.jpg
93.jpg
92.jpg
90.jpg
ps-cars.gif
woz8.jpg
woz7.jpg
woz6.jpg
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 11 years ago

Lawlor? Is that just wishful thinking?

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Lawlor has a year and a half and almost unlimited funds to work with for The Hobbit. I am betting that it will be terrific.

Renting space ( Chicago Campus ) from him doesn't mean he's back into designing pinball.

LTG

#153 11 years ago

I'm not thrilled with the artwork, seems a bit disheveled on the playfield to me just not a fan at the moment - as far as game play and how this will rate etc. there is no sense in even debating it until you have put 20-30 games on one. I get the feeling it will play a bit like TZ with the long shots to the ramps. As far as toys go - well this is loaded with them, so that seems to be done well.

If the rules are as deep as they are saying this could be a good game, I can look past a theme or artwork etc if the game plays great and has good rules, but for now we don't know either of those things so I will hold my judgement until I'm playing one.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#155 11 years ago

lol so your saying that it would not be a good if it was not made in the US??? I too would be proud if the greatest pins came from AU

#156 11 years ago

Just asking because I don't know enough about the project.
What's with all the black highly reflective plastic (near rainbow targets and around the witch)? Is this just a placeholder until the final is done, or is there some purpose to it? Seems a bit out of place and way too dark for this game.

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

markmon said:
Sorry but it looks like you got to this before I fully edited my post. Go reread it.
Ok so you think I was a jerk to LTG? He deserved it for being a jerk himself. I'm getting a bit sick of people bleating on about how removing the wooden apron solves the issue 100% like there's no room for people who like the idea of their table a wooden apron but also dislike the idea of it being covered in garish signatures. All I said was I 'hope' Jack send us an extra unsignatured wooden apron and suddenly I'm being quoted as DEMANDING it. Ridiculously childish tactics from some so called adults.

BORING!!!!! Now that was classic!!!

#158 11 years ago

Just want to be a bit boring and add to the Wow's. Looks great. Cant wait to play.

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

What's with all the black highly reflective plastic (near rainbow targets and around the witch)? Is this just a placeholder until the final is done, or is there some purpose to it? Seems a bit out of place and way too dark for this game.

It's tinted plexiglass that will light up depending on game play!

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

gambit3113 said:Chocky, you are unbelieveable. You just got yourself completely run out of the WOZ group for being a total ass to a guy that posted about his veteran son being disabled due to war.
Now you are going to be smarmy to Lloyd? When he answers your question? If you knew that, why did you ask? That is your answer. There is an apron made of wood, over a metal apron. Take the wood one off if you don't like the wood one, and that IS the solution. You cannot be serious. There is no way to be this obtuse without trying.
Pathetic. I don't know why I bother being articulate with people like you. It's like you just don't read what I say and keep replting with the same old tired rubbish.
And just because a lot of reactionary morons (including the guy with the vet son) start posting abuse doesn't mean I've been 'run out' of anywhere. You drama queen!

I noticed you stopped posting your BS like your moron comment above on the WOZ forum......I wonder why.....hmmmm

#164 11 years ago

Got here a bit late clearly but I'll say it anyway.

Wow. This is gunna be one hell of a machine. Can't wait to play!

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Wow. You've got me down to a tee there Jon with that hilarious cartoon!
It's pretty sad that some people can't speak their mind without being branded a 'troll'. I think trolls are generally more proactive rather than in my case, I'm generally just replying to nasty comments made by other forum members. I obviously rub a lot of people up the wrong way but that's because I like to call a spade a spade and point out stupidity when I see it. I admit, I do enjoy a good argument and I rarely back down if I think I'm right and I usually am. So, not a troll, just a stubborn git with a dislike for self righteous morons like you Jonathan.
The funny thing is, you are so desperate to insult me but you have no idea how to without resorting to making stuff up and twisting the history of our arguments.

Should not get involved.........

But, the trouble is everyone thinks they are right. The real skill is being able to accept all shades of grey and to let go of black/white thinking. Enough said.....

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Lawlor has a year and a half and almost unlimited funds to work with for The Hobbit. I am betting that it will be terrific.

Whats with this lawlor stuff? JJP doesn't employ Lawlor. And let's just hope that Dennis Nordman (the guy they actually did hire) works on the next pin. Then maybe we can get something with some flow. Nordman is great with flow.

#171 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

LTG said:

Renting space ( Chicago Campus ) from him doesn't mean he's back into designing pinball.
LTG
Agree Lawlor is washed up, sad but true. Last i heard he was in poor health.

I have a feeling Pat L. will be back.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

gambit3113 said:Lawlor has a year and a half and almost unlimited funds to work with for The Hobbit. I am betting that it will be terrific.
Whats with this lawlor stuff? JJP doesn't employ Lawlor. And let's just hope that Dennis Nordman (the guy they actually did hire) works on the next pin. Then maybe we can get something with some flow. Nordman is great with flow.

Really hoping next JJP is fast and flowing - WH20 on steroids maybe??

#174 11 years ago

Well, to add fuel to the fire, there are vague, vague rumors that Hobbit not 100% for second pin. Could yet be the unlicensed which would be great really.

#176 11 years ago

Hard to tell without standing at the machine, but is anybody concerned about the visibility of the flippers on the upper playfields? They just seem a little obstructed with everything else in place now.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

LTG said:Renting space ( Chicago Campus ) from him doesn't mean he's back into designing pinball.
LTG
Agree Lawlor is washed up, sad but true. Last i heard he was in poor health.

Last I heard, his best games are still in front of him and the current project he is working on will be the best ever >> better than TAF and TZ combined.

I think Nordman will be working on a non-licensed theme, JJP#3.

#179 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Hard to tell without standing at the machine, but is anybody concerned about the visibility of the flippers on the upper playfields? They just seem a little obstructed with everything else in place now.

I wondered about that as well, and the lanes in particular. Seems like a game kids and my wife would have to play on tiptoes.

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lawlor is washed up, sad but true. Last I heard he was in poor health ...

You always have such a lovely way of phrasing things ...

#181 11 years ago

The LCD has the "Wow" factor, along with everything else but that is going to be a game changer.......

This is why I got back into pinball and I guess like a dummy, why I started playing slots when I go to Vegas now....very cool, has anybody seen the BDK slot?

#182 11 years ago

IS it me or is it always the same people on pinside arguing? If one of you just stops typing a response the other will be quiet and we can keep things nice around here like they used to be ALL the time.

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I obviously rub a lot of people up the wrong way but that's because I like to call a spade a spade and point out stupidity when I see it. I admit, I do enjoy a good argument and I rarely back down if I think I'm right and I usually am. So, not a troll, just a stubborn git with a dislike for self righteous morons

Actually, I have this position here. You are just the Troll that I demean until he leaves. Ask around.

#184 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

chocky909 said:I obviously rub a lot of people up the wrong way but that's because I like to call a spade a spade and point out stupidity when I see it. I admit, I do enjoy a good argument and I rarely back down if I think I'm right and I usually am. So, not a troll, just a stubborn git with a dislike for self righteous morons
Actually, I have this position here. You are just the Troll that I demean until he leaves. Ask around.

Until he leaves or changes his nick.

#185 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

IS it me or is it always the same people on pinside arguing? If one of you just stops typing a response the other will be quiet and we can keep things nice around here like they used to be ALL the time.

This is the main reason why I post less and less here. The place has really lost a lot of what made it my favorite stop on the web thanks to the incessant bickering that goes on. Doesn't seem like a day goes by without a pissing match breaking out in a thread at some point.

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD has the "Wow" factor, along with everything else but that is going to be a game changer.......
This is why I got back into pinball and I guess like a dummy, why I started playing slots when I go to Vegas now....very cool, has anybody seen the BDK slot?

But,... but,... but...traditionalist do not want to accept the fact that the LCD will be a game changing improvement if done right. It should be a step up in entertainment factor just like DMD was over simple score displays. It also should be helpful in providing information for the novice to be able to learn the rules quicker and thus be more lkely to hook a new customer.

I will admit that I had not played a real pinball machine for a few years before I got my LOTR, and when I saw the DMD, that was the one item that was underwhelming. The DMD display just seemed primitive as compared with the rest of the pinball machine.
Also, I suspect that with pinball machines being more and more complicated and difficult to see the shots and goals, the LCD will help make it easier to teach the user what the goals are.

I also agree about the slot machine experience. At first I was hesitant to play the video slots because they were different and might not have been as fair, but now that I have played video slots I do not like playing the old reel style slots much.

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This is the main reason why I post less and less here. The place has really lost a lot of what made it my favorite stop on the web thanks to the incessant bickering that goes on. Doesn't seem like a day goes by without a pissing match breaking out in a thread at some point.

A friend asked me a few weeks ago where I had been on pinside? I had slipped away a little mostly because I just needed a break from everything. I hope the mods talk between each other and really crack down on some of the BS. Not just delete a thread but delete the posts that start arguments. I know one was deleted yesterday that was annoying to me. I appreciated that very much and I did not have to ask. It just happened.
Thanks to the Mods!

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

RobT said:Smassa is getting one and is a few hundred miles closer, but thanks for the invite!!
What are you talking about?!! The distance is only like 3 inches on the map!!

lol

#189 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

gambit3113 said:Lawlor has a year and a half and almost unlimited funds to work with for The Hobbit. I am betting that it will be terrific.

I agree completely. And where is this Lawlor stuff coming from?

#190 11 years ago

Realy nice

#191 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

A friend asked me a few weeks ago where I had been on pinside? I had slipped away a little mostly because I just needed a break from everything. I hope the mods talk between each other and really crack down on some of the BS. Not just delete a thread but delete the posts that start arguments. I know one was deleted yesterday that was annoying to me. I appreciated that very much and I did not have to ask. It just happened.
Thanks to the Mods!

The Mods do a great job for sure. Hopefully things will settle down a bit. By and large things are fine and then flame wars inevitably break out. It becomes a bit toxic at times. There's enough BS in life without having to put up with it in my hobby too!

Hope taking a break helped recharge your batteries! I've been thinking I need to do the same thing. Pinball just hasn't been holding my interest lately.

#192 11 years ago

Looks great..can't wait to play one.Stop and go Ok by me ,I love TZ.Now ,everybody play nice and have fun.It's all fun and games until somebody gets their playfield glass broken!!Scott

#193 11 years ago

I really hope that the music is very similar to what's in the white wood flipping video.

To me it's very John Williams'esq... Who is one of my favorite composers. Jaws/Star Wars/etc..

I hope Chris Granner appreciates the comparison to JW.

#194 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I have a feeling Pat L. will be back.

I doubt it. With Jack doing one a year and Stern doing 3, the industry is designer heavy and not likely to add to pack.

LTG

#195 11 years ago

Who was it....

Quoted from goatdan:Half_Life said:The "ROY G BIV" color scheme of a rainbow is and has been affiliated with the Gay and Lesbian Movement.
It's also been affiliated with the colors that an actual rainbow has in it, in order

In the words of Frankie Mays "I want the rainbow back, godda--it!"

And honestly, if something like that is preventing them from using common sense on their color placement, they would never openly admit to it.

#196 11 years ago

I think you mean Ralphie May.

#197 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I think you mean Ralphie May.

You sir, are correct. That's been a while, lol.

#198 11 years ago

Haters can hate, but the evident attention to quality and detail puts Stern's recent efforts to shame. (Including AC/DC) We'll see how it plays soon, but I'm pretty sure that side of things will be fine. Regarding depth, like many gamesw there will likely be easily accessible and understandable modes for newbies, along with deeper modes and strategies for the fanatics.

#200 11 years ago

lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-pics-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.