clap.gif
IMG_2431_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2419_(800x533).jpg
IMG_2418_(800x533).jpg
20130308_045638.jpg
IMG_20130209_234630.jpg
IMG_20130228_211821.jpg
IMG_20130209_235100.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm glad to hear you will have your game soon
How many will ship this month?

I can't say but they are shipping this month.

People are going to absolutely love it. Young and old. I can't pull my son away from it without a fit.

#52 11 years ago

Wrong thread Buddy, but thanks for the bump.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

People are going to absolutely love it. Young and old. I can't pull my son away from it without a fit.

I hope you're right man, it's time this thing happens.

If JJP can produce a quality title every year then pinball is in for a treat.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wrong thread Buddy, but thanks for the bump.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Any press is good press in this day and time isn't it? This is the tread getting all the action right now.

#55 11 years ago

So tell us Buddy, how many playfields sold at the KY show and for what prices ? Enquiring minds want to know.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#56 11 years ago

I did not have the success that Gary did in Ohio I did have many many question...

Some like if this machine is so perfect or built to last why do I need one of these... If its clearcoated why would I need an extra. I dont think this crowd understood its art and just use tham as decoration. When I priced a FGY for 700 and LOTR for 700 I thought the one lady was going to pass out. Funny! Another older man said "Hell I just go over there and buy the machine for that price" I also was asked over and over are these seconds? People have to be reading as I didnt even know as I had not paid for them yet, just got them in this week. Its also why I asked what they sold for in email. I thought 400 was fair based upon demand at the Ohio show.

One finally sold at the last hours price of 300 and Trent got one at a great deal but he cuts me deals so it was good to help a fellow pinhead.

Invisiglass was the hit of show for table items along with shaker motors and oddly flipper rebuild kits and coils. Lots of WOZ backglass lookers and many request for flyers but they were all gone quick. I was surprised when an Ebayer said he sees them sell for 10 to 30 dollars each so that might explain where they went.

The show is my favorite as my kids had such fun and everybody is so nice including the organizers and I even got a new Atari Flashback system 3. I just hate my blankets and majority of flyers were "lost" and not found by the time the show ended.

1 month later
#57 11 years ago

i bought one from joe newheart for 500, and I'm just fine w/ that.

by johns posts it sounds like he picks his battles well, a true sign of pinball wisdom. props my friend.

#58 11 years ago

Pinchrome:

1 month ago??
Well I hate to bust your balls but once again your inside knowledge is usually way off.Dude just stop posting about this.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

With any NOS playfield, you are in essence, buying a playfield that was rejected for various reasons.

That's an nature statement. Nos means new old stock. I have an nos playfield from stern for LOTR. It was bought when LOTR was still in production. There are no defects on it.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

That's an nature statement. Nos means new old stock. I have an nos playfield from stern for LOTR. It was bought when LOTR was still in production. There are no defects on it.

Oops should read untrue, not nature. I should point out that a 2nd is going to be different than a first, but labeling any nos playfield as a reject is false.

#61 11 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements will have WOZ playfields at the Allentown Pinfest in May. $ 500. We are donating $ 100 of each playfield sold to the charity fund we have to buy and donate a WOZ game to a children's hospital. We thought in addition to the donations we are making with each game sold, these would be another good source of additional funds for the charity fund. There are only a few of these playfields left and when they are gone they are gone. Feel free to email me at [email protected] to preorder and have delivered to the show. We can also ship them. All are signed by Jack.

Also in our booth at Allentown we will have :
WOZ game pre-order $ 7,000 (We are donating money to the charity fund with every purchase). Also available are add-ons of Shaker Motor, Invisiglass, and Wooden Apron. Down payment then flexible payment plan up until your game is ready to ship.
WOZ playfields $ 500 (signed by Jack) and ($ 100 donated to charity fund)
WOZ Backglasses $ 325 (signed by Jack)
WOZ Translights $ 75 (signed by Jack)
Invisiglass $ 295 per sheet (Current sale of wide size with $ 295 for first $ 195 for second - discount on 2nd sheet applies to wide size only)
WOZ flyers $ 15 (signed by Jack) (ALL proceeds donated to the charity fund)
The Hobbit LE game pre-order $ 7,500 ( $ 1,500 due now - remaining balance on a payment schedule)
The Virtuapin - video pinball... Creator and owner of Virtuapin Paul Maletich will be with us in our booth to show off this incredible game. We are also a distributor and will be selling Virtuapins at the show - each game is custom made according to your choices. See www.virtuapin.net for details - then contact us for PinballSTAR discounts offered.
Jersey Jack Guarnieri will be at our booth all weekend.

Any questions email [email protected] or call Joe Newhart at 570-357-0042

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pinchrome:
1 month ago??
Well I hate to bust your balls but once again your inside knowledge is usually way off.Dude just stop posting about this.

My "inside" knowledge. LOL.

You're correct. I know nothing about it.

In any event all pieces are in place less a final cog.

#63 11 years ago

Your a tease : )

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

My "inside" knowledge. LOL.
You're correct. I know nothing about it.
In any event all pieces are in place less a final cog.

Yeah, this is pretty vague. The final cog could be considered to be "80% of the game code + final final (for real this time, FINAL) boards"

#65 11 years ago

pinballstar >>"We are donating $ 100 of each playfield sold to the charity fund we have to buy and donate a WOZ game to a children's hospital."

So you are getting people to donate money which will then be used to buy a WOZ from you so you can then also donate it? Does that seem confusing to anyone else.

Are you donating a portion of the game cost yourself?

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pinballstar >>"We are donating $ 100 of each playfield sold to the charity fund we have to buy and donate a WOZ game to a children's hospital."
So you are getting people to donate money which will then be used to buy a WOZ from you so you can then also donate it? Does that seem confusing to anyone else.
Are you donating a portion of the game cost yourself?

here we go... why not leave well enough alone?

#67 11 years ago

welcome back teekee. Retirement was short lived.

Just a simple question buddy. Seemed odd/confusing wording. They will likely help out their cause if they can clarify that the game will be sold at cost for the charity dollars. I am assuming that is what they are doing (or likely even donating a portion to reduce the price).

If not, then it sounded to me like an odd way to raise money for a charity.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

here we go... why not leave well enough alone?

Valid question!

I think its a GREAT idea to donate for the kids!!!!! Thumbs up for the idea!!!!

But the question is why pay 100 extra for a product while that 100 can't be used as a write off by the pin hobbiest paying that extra. Then a company that will donate a pin will use it as a write-off while having the pin already paid for in multiple 100 dollar payments per pf? I may be wrong but it needs to be clarified.

#69 11 years ago

Teekee is back. How was your trip?

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Teekee is back. How was your trip?

Pinside can rest easy again... retirement wasn't for me!

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

But the question is why pay 100 extra for a product while that 100 can't be used as a write off by the pin hobbiest paying that extra. Then a company that will donate a pin will use it as a write-off while having the pin already paid for in multiple 100 dollar payments per pf? I may be wrong but it needs to be clarified.

Instead of bringing it up here, if someone is interested in donating and this is bothering them, just make a phone call to those involved and work it out with them.

#72 11 years ago

I am with Whysnow on this. Anyone who listens to the Spookypinball podcast knows that he has been using this to promote himself for quite a while now. Two threads this morning promoting his business and taking over another one. Hilton asks a valid question because Joe is promoting his business here. It may be an unpopular thing to question someone who is donating to a good cause but it seems to be built into his business plan. It appears to me that none of the donation will be of his own money but skimming it off of what he sells to us. Maybe then the donation part should be optional.
My question is, how close to donation of the first machine are we? So far I am not interested in the products you are offering but would certainly support this in the future if I supported the way this was being done. Teekee, his postings this morning were nearly identical to what got you temporarily retired.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Teekee, his postings this morning were nearly identical to what got you temporarily retired.

explain? did I say something wrong? If this gets you retired then 75% of Pinside is going down soon.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

explain? did I say something wrong? If this gets you retired then 75% of Pinside is going down soon.

Mods posted you were retired for spamming with three threads with same subject. If that is incorrect I would be happy to listen to your side of it.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I didn't mean you said anything wrong. I am saying Pinballstar did almost exactly what you did. Mods posted you were retired for spamming with three threads with same subject. If that is incorrect I would be happy to listen to your side of it.

#76 11 years ago

Yes, I was supposed to get a warning not a retirement. It is straightened out now. I wasn't spamming in my eyes just trying to clean up the mess left by others in my first two posts...

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, I was supposed to get a warning not a retirement. It is straightened out now. I wasn't spamming in my eyes just trying to clean up the mess left by others in my first two posts...

That's more like it. Had to be a mistake or more to the story I figured.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That's more like it. Had to be a mistake or more to the story I figured.

It was a long weekend!

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am with Whysnow on this. Anyone who listens to the Spookypinball podcast knows that he has been using this to promote himself for quite a while now. Two threads this morning promoting his business and taking over another one. Hilton asks a valid question because Joe is promoting his business here. It may be an unpopular thing to question someone who is donating to a good cause but it seems to be built into his business plan. It appears to me that none of the donation will be of his own money but skimming it off of what he sells to us. Maybe then the donation part should be optional.
My question is, how close to donation of the first machine are we? So far I am not interested in the products you are offering but would certainly support this in the future if I supported the way this was being done. Teekee, his postings this morning were nearly identical to what got you temporarily retired.

You read my mind Rusty. Get out of it, it's a nasty place to be.

#80 11 years ago

Oh boy I sure am glad WOZ shipped last month Pinchroma! Are you enjoying yours?

#82 11 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements is donating the ENTIRE game. I'm not getting customers to do anything and the customers pay nothing towards the charity fund, I do - I'm just taking a portion of the proceeds that normally any business person would put in thier pocket and I'm putting it aside towards taking one (and hopefully more) of my allotted games to donate. Customers (games and playfields) are paying no more or less for anything with or without the charity. Let there be no confusion, I'm paying for the game mostly out of my pocket and glad to be able to do it - my customers via their purchase are helping towards that effort. The only exceptions to that have been people that kindly donated on thier own via paypal without being a customer just because they wanted to and we collected $ 1,375 alone in one day at our open house party in March through an entry fee and mini playfield auctions that were donated kindly by JJP. I am doing this with purchases of WOZ and Hobbit and maybe beyond - I'm going to sock a couple WOZ's away so we have them NIB to do so over the years. It's just the perfect theme to do this with. So... hopefully I clarified and there's nothing confusing - hopefully noboby's looking to stir the pot over someone trying to do a good thing. To date we have $ 2,929 in the fund. I have nothing to hide - happy to share our proud progress... Will be more even more happy when we can deliver a game to the kids and post that here as well !

We currently are considering the following for our first donation : St Christopher's Children's Hospital in Philadelphia, Neumors Children's Hospital in Wilmington, DE, and Shriners Hospital in Philadelphia. All hospitals my own son has been to - waiting to approach one to finalize when we get a bit closer so it's not so far out from getting approval from administration to the actual delivery. I have also contracted Ray Brackins at Wide Area Repair to handle any service calls that are ever needed on games in this vicinity - at PinballSTAR's cost.

Finally, we had one of our guests at our open house party whose family has a charitable foundation and is hoping to arrange to donate $ to fund maybe one or two games per year for this cause. We are working on that as well.

And as far as my posts.. I posted here about the playfields since we will have them at Allentown. I posted about a sale on the Invisiglass (posted in MarketPlace where it belongs). And finally, I posted about our booth at Allentown Pinfest because I get about 3 emails a day now as the show is getting closer and we are in PA from people wanting to play WOZ who haven't seen it yet (again posted in MarketPlace).

Any questions just give me a ring, happy to chat with anyone.

Joe Newhart
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#83 11 years ago

You can save the world and SOMEONE would have a pot to stir...

#84 11 years ago

I really was not stirring any pot. Just asking for clarification.

I hope you can understand that there is a huge difference for most people between:

1. Please donate $ to a 'charity' (i.e. pay $500 for a pf instead of $400) that will then pay my distribution company full price for a WOZ. That then means a profit for the distributor on the sale of the game. That also typically means a nice tax write off for the distributor which then gets to claim a donation to a charity for the full price of the game.

and

2. My distribution company will be donating a WOZ 'at cost' (or perhaps 50% of cost; match dollar for dollar any contributions) so please donate to help make that happen.

Mismanagement/unethical charitable organizations and charity drives are a real thing. Heck, many large corporations will do charity drives where they get their employees to give $ to a charity fund. The corporation then makes a large donation with that fund and writes the whole thing off as a corporate donation.

I am happy to donate to example #2. I would have no interest in donating to example #1.

My questioning was just to get a better idea of which catergory this was falling into. Transparency is good for any charity drive IMHO.

#85 11 years ago

It's #2. You however are making alot of assumptions that are leading to your own confustion. Happy to futher clarify...

No customer is paying for this in any way (except outward donations they or non-customers have done on thier own). It seemed like a good way to do it over time as games get sold and involve the pinball community in the project. I've had people buy a translight for $ 75 and give me $ 100 bill and say 'put the change into the fund'... That's an all around good feeling for everyone. I sell the games at the same price as every other distributor but I take a portion of my proceeds / profit and set it aside for the charity fund. A customer is not paying any more for anything. That's your incorrect assumption.

I think your confusion is that unlike standard accessores like Invisglass, Backglasses, there is no set price by JJP on the PFs - we distributors got a very very limited supply to do with what we want and we can get no more... I've never once said the price is $ 400 plus $ 100 for charity. Where did you get that ? My price is $ 500 - anyone else can charge more or less. I chose $ 500 - honestly only because that's what John was charging a month ago when he first posted right around when I got shipment - so I said - ok that's fine by me - that's what was out there now as the price. Then from there, I chose to 'donate' $ 100 of that to the charity as it was a higher ticket accessory item we had to sell with some room to do it vs a translight we sell for $ 75. The price was and is $ 500 whether I added the charity thing to it or not. We don't have set prices on these as they aren't standard accessories we are selling - we got offers to buy up to 10 and no more and then that's it - it was just a one time thing.

Who ever said I am profiting on the donated game ? Me ? No never, that's your assumption and it's wrong. Why would I go through all this effort in giving mostly my own money away ? I'm going to donate out of my own pocket many thousands of dollars to make a few hundred back ? Seriously, you're kidding, right ? How do I profit by essentially giving a brand new NIB game away ?

If you must know the personal side of it which I didn't think was necessary to divulge in my earlier explanation... I myself have a disabled son who has spent many days in these hospitals. When I went to these children's hospitals and saw those kids there stuck there like being in prison I always thought how great it would be for them to have a full size pinball or arcade game to pass time away just like we have in our homes... They always have play rooms for the kids with xboxes, puzzles, books, etc... so hence came the idea for the charity aspect of the company when we started it up. The Wizard of Oz theme lended itself to doing it - it was a perfect theme for the cause. If JJP's first game was Flesh Eating Zombies, I probably would have never thought of it... So, it's a personal thing to me. That's it nothing more, nothing less. I'm looking foward to donating a (or many) games over time.

Please think things through first before you disparage a good thing with the unwarranted negative connotations. That said, only a thumbs up for the effort is all that would be appreciated. I do see the validity of your questions and yes, transparancy is of course good.

Joe

#86 11 years ago

Pinball STAR...yer doin' good! Thanks!!

clap.gifclap.gif

#87 11 years ago

Good for you pBStar!

Just so you know >> I assumed the set price on pfs was $400, mainly because you are posting this in somebody else's thread that was originally selling them for that price (and all others I have seen at MGC and MPE were sold for the same price it appeared).

As I stated I was also not trying to disparage a good thing with the unwarranted negative connotations. I was merely asking for clarification and as pointed out, others were also confused by what was going on.

I appologize if you read it as a negative intent as it was not. Like I said, better for your charity if things are clarified.

I wish you the best in your efforts and think it is a really cool idea!

#88 11 years ago

Whysnow ! Great and thank you... John originally posted for $ 500 initially - but I understand your confusion if others were charging different. Thanks for taking the time to post last message, much appreciated and I was happy to clarify everything. In the long run, if there was confustion of any sort I'm glad it got resolved positively, for you or anyone else. Just trying to do a good thing along with having a little extra fun in the hobby by being a JJP distributor. I'm a collector, like you, first and foremost. Our venture isn't really driven by $. It's out of respect and admiration for Jack, the fun of meeting alot of new folks in the hobby, and teaching my youngest son a bit about starting and running a business. The charity thing just came up as we went along as explained. Again, thank you. Hopefully we can meet up at some point !
Joe

#89 11 years ago

I love the charity idea and if I was in the market for a WOZ PF, I would be buying from you just to help out your cause!

I hope it turns out for the best and you get to bring lots of smiles ot lots of great kids!

#90 11 years ago

Sorry for the comments, I was confused due to the fact pf's were mentioned as being sold for 400 in this thread at past shows and Jack selling them for 200 and 230 shipped if you call, and then the price was going to be 500 at Allentown with 100 going to charity. I guess Jack will not be selling any at Allentown. Once again sorry if my comments were negative as:

I am all for giving to the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#91 11 years ago

Also John sorry for the thread Jack.

BUMP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.