You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trolldad.png
Conan.gif
didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg
wnbjm02x.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_gorilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago

Of course I have no way of KNOWING this but I feel sorry for the people who are skipping out because of the theme because I think they are making a bad mistake.

I am also NOT a fan of the theme. (but I bought one!) I would prefer something much darker, in truth I would like something completely the opposite of the wholesome, family oriented, dare I say just a little too happy theme that WOZ is. Something along the lines of "The Night Stalker" w/Darrin McGavin maybe? Or if we go musically, Queensryche or Dream Theater??

Additionally, I am also not a fan of the movie "The Shadow". I agree with the majority that the back glass picture is less than thrilling. But the sounds and gameplay??? Oh my! What a fantastic game.

The point? Well, my perception of innovation and creativity coming with WOZ has me looking WAY past the theme. I wholeheartedly believe it will be the most fun I have had playing a new game since AFM and SS came out. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong and within a few months time I may be doing just that. I am not counting on it though!

As far as the theme haters. I am not trying to change your minds, frankly I don't care to. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinions. I even respect those opinions when I disagree with them.

I just hope that when the game comes out, and it turns out to be a hit (maybe, maybe not?) that the theme haters don't miss out on playing one of the greatest games ever.

;
;
;
And, as the counterpoint to myself, I am currently having the same problem with AC/DC. I keep hearing that it is a great game, but I will never own one because of the prominent devil horns in the center of the game. Don't like that theme at all. What a shame because it sounds like a great machine. So.....I do understand not wanting a machine because of theme. What I don't understand is the vehement bashing of it, though...

Good bye pinsiders. Have a nice weekend.

#79 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The_Gorilla said:Of course I have no way of KNOWING this but I feel sorry for the people who are skipping out because of the theme because I think they are making a bad mistake.
I don't think they are necessarily making a mistake. If they play one after it comes out and they think that the game play is good enough to get past the theme, they can still buy one. So if you don't like the theme, it actually makes more sense to not pre-order one as it is the safer bet.

I 100% agree with you, Rob. I didn't really word my real concern very well which is that someone would never give the game a chance at all based on theme. THAT is the mistake I would worry about. Maybe I am projecting my own values to other peoples, meaning that if I really hated a theme, I would not even play the game with an open mind.

Off to a wedding reception so everyone that is trying to reach me, I will have to get back to you later.

Of course, I am kidding. No one is trying to reach me. I just like to pretend that I am important.

#260 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

BVM is the newest troll, I see. Again.

No not new, unless the "again" part was your way of acknowledging his previous screen name.

I have only been around for about a year but it amuses me when people, and off the top of my head I can think of at least 3, excessively antagonize members here, get called out on it, run away with their tails between their legs, come back under a different name, and expect no one to know who they are.

As sand through the hourglass....

#321 12 years ago

This "WOZ" forum...apparently on Google groups? Could someone please hook me up with the link?

Please?

#324 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

If you ordered you should have been sent an invite to the Google Group. If not, email or call Jack or Jen and they will get you set up. You bought from a distributor, right? I imagine the info didn't get passed to anyone and JJP and they didn't set you up with a login. But they will take care of you once you get in touch.

Thanks and yes, I purchased from Pincades...

#337 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

RGR said:If it is a hit how many of their 2nd production will fly off the assembly line?
Considering it is going to be The Hobbit I think they're guaranteed to sell like hotcakes unless WOZ is a total bust.

100% sure, Jason Jarjar?

#339 12 years ago

Oh, you are a terrible man. lol

good night, ya'll

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_gorilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-artworked-revealed?tu=the_gorilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.