You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trolldad.png
Conan.gif
didnt-read-lol-spiderman-ovzLDk[1].jpg
wnbjm02x.jpg

There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#302 11 years ago
Quoted from BVM:

When is the official release date?

There is none, production has started but that is all. Jack said June/July best guess right now as of last week. He does like to underpromise and overdeliver with a few red herrings. I hope the date is one of those times.

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Please, remind me what I have said you are wrong about. Let's get this back on topic.

To get it back on topic you both stop telling each other what you were wrong about and leave that part out. Stay on topic.

#304 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think Jack started drinking his own Kool Aid when he made a comment about hoping to sell 15,000 WOZ's.

He can aim for the moon if he wants. I took that as a goal he was aiming for. He has a good plan.

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

DCFAN said:

If you go back and look at that table, the art in EATPM is more bland than WOZ, but fairly similar.
What are you looking at???? EATPM has some of the BEST artwork in all of pinball and WOZ isn't quite in the same league (IMHO). Actually, I take that back. I think that's a fact.

There is no way that EATPM is better than WOZ in looks. EATPM has mostly single colored areas with very little artwork or images.
http://www.dirtguyhome.com/Gameroom/After/pf%201.jpg

#306 11 years ago

I am lost in relation to what has been said now!

I really like a lot of the playfield, love the hand drawn aspects.

For me would have preferred the lower playfield to match a tornado and have had silver/grey coloring rather than brown.

Hopefully this is the first of many and we can discuss favourites in years to come

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There is no way that EATPM is better than WOZ in looks. EATPM has mostly single colored areas with very little artwork or images.

Agreed. EATPM is very bland in terms of playfield art IMO.

#308 11 years ago

I think we will have a much better idea when we see WOZ in person. The pics seem to leave the details hidden. I did not notice some of the shading at first so I wonder what I will see in person.

#309 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

DCFAN said:

I think many of the complainers about WOZ are thinking about what games look like fully assembled and forget that the art-work is only a part of the decoration and art. Most playfields do not look great without the game being assembled. The plastics play a huge role in the looks of a pin. Also, JJP may be planning something very different with the apron. The apron has been shown to be wood, so maybe that will be full of art as well.

#311 11 years ago

True.

How would we judge Stern playfields if released in isolation?

The game can only really be judged after 20 - 30 plays.

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

jarjarisgod said:DCFAN said:
I think many of the complainers about WOZ are thinking about what games look like fully assembled and forget that the art-work is only a part of the decoration and art. Most playfields do not look great without the game being assembled. The plastics play a huge role in the looks of a pin. Also, JJP may be planning something very different with the apron. The apron has been shown to be wood, so maybe that will be full of art as well.

Indeed. I wholeheartedly agree. Playfields like TOTAN are art on their own, but most need some help to pull off the look. In most cases the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. I think that is the source of a lot of the excitement for WOZ. Some of the pieces have changed which makes people uncertain of what the final product will be. I expect to be pleased when I open the WOZ box, but one never knows for sure...

#314 11 years ago

The artwork is head and shoulders above anything since BW shut it's pinball division's doors. I think the artwork is somewhat limited by licensing, so i think this is probably the equivalent of an inside the park homerun given the current rules the artists must play by.

The only thing i judge a game on is gameplay. Pictures can give you some IDEA of how it MIGHT play but making any judgement on this particular game based on what we've seen is foolhardy. If you are a "theme makes it or breaks it" type person, i can see where this might not be your cup of tea.

Personally, I am completely confused on how this will play. I look forward to the opportunity to play it without having to expense it. Thank you jjig

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I can't wait to see the finished table.

Me too/Three.

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Most playfields do not look great without the game being assembled. The plastics play a huge role in the looks of a pin. Also, JJP may be planning something very different with the apron. The apron has been shown to be wood, so maybe that will be full of art as well.

I agree. If you look at a bare SM playfield, even though its a great game, its pretty plain IMO. But once you add all the lights, ramps,plastics and toys it looks awesome.

#318 11 years ago

OutKast - Hey Ya!

TUUUUUUUUUUNE!

#319 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

I agree. If you look at a bare SM playfield, even though its a great game, its pretty plain IMO. But once you add all the lights, ramps,plastics and toys it looks awesome.

Perfect example where the art package does absolutely nothing for me, yet i love the game.

#320 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is that your wall in the pic? If it is, it turns out you may indeed have some good taste after all.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#321 11 years ago

This "WOZ" forum...apparently on Google groups? Could someone please hook me up with the link?

Please?

#322 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

This "WOZ" forum...apparently on Google groups?

If you ordered you should have been sent an invite to the Google Group. If not, email or call Jack or Jen and they will get you set up. You bought from a distributor, right? I imagine the info didn't get passed to anyone at JJP and they didn't set you up with a login. But they will take care of you once you get in touch.

#323 11 years ago

Hadn't tuned into this thread in a bit ... "53 New Posts" Cool!. Then I scanned through them all and was bummed at a bunch of weenies bitching at each other. Yay. Thanks guys for staying on topic.

So about that playfield...

I like it. Anxious to see the plastics that will compliment it, the lighting, and well hey the finished product, but aren't we all.

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

If you ordered you should have been sent an invite to the Google Group. If not, email or call Jack or Jen and they will get you set up. You bought from a distributor, right? I imagine the info didn't get passed to anyone and JJP and they didn't set you up with a login. But they will take care of you once you get in touch.

Thanks and yes, I purchased from Pincades...

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The artwork is head and shoulders above anything since BW shut it's pinball division's doors.

That's some crazy talk right there! I for one would take the LOTR playfield over WOZ's any day of the week. The art assets are integrated far better IMO. Nothing looks out of place to me. The same can't be said for WOZ (even though I do like the playfield).

#327 11 years ago

based on theme alone, I am way more excited about skitb's predator pin then woz.
Just saw the white board play video and it looks great.

#328 11 years ago

JJP could throw everything including the Kitchen Sink Of A Different Color into WOZ and STILL everyone won't be happy. Just sayin'

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Personally, I am completely confused on how this will play. I look forward to the opportunity to play it without having to expense it.

I'm still thinking TSPP but like you said no one will know until we play it. Looking forward to it.

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

davewth said:

Personally, I am completely confused on how this will play. I look forward to the opportunity to play it without having to expense it.
I'm still thinking TSPP but like you said no one will know until we play it. Looking forward to it.

I am guessing a cross between Whirlwind, TSPP, and TZ with the depth of LOTR.

#331 11 years ago

Personally, I think I need to see the entire package before I pass judgment on the artwork. I'm guessing the colors on the PDF file will vary somewhat from what's printed. And I don't have a sense of scale for it nor how it'll work with the plastics and lamps. I will say the combined photoshop pic looked pretty darn good to me -- better than just the PDF. JJP has been very open, transparent and responsive. I trust him and the team. It's gonna be cool. We will see.

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

I will say the combined photoshop pic looked pretty darn good to me -- better than just the PDF.

Looked impressive to me,WOZ is a pin I would like to have!!

#333 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

davewth said:The artwork is head and shoulders above anything since BW shut it's pinball division's doors.
That's some crazy talk right there! I for one would take the LOTR playfield over WOZ's any day of the week. The art assets are integrated far better IMO. Nothing looks out of place to me. The same can't be said for WOZ (even though I do like the playfield).

I think Lotr is unappealing to look at. Too many earthy tones. Weird, I know.

#334 11 years ago

I think the artwork will look much better once on the actual PF and in the game.

#335 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think the artwork will look much better once on the actual PF and in the game.

Agreed. The interesting thing with peoples feedback is that no one really hates it, and due to everyone appearing to like it with a few minor annoyances shows that this game will be way better than expected. I hope they sell thousands...

If it is a hit how many of their 2nd production will fly off the assembly line?

#336 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

If it is a hit how many of their 2nd production will fly off the assembly line?

Considering it is going to be The Hobbit I think they're guaranteed to sell like hotcakes unless WOZ is a total bust.

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

RGR said:If it is a hit how many of their 2nd production will fly off the assembly line?
Considering it is going to be The Hobbit I think they're guaranteed to sell like hotcakes unless WOZ is a total bust.

100% sure, Jason Jarjar?

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

jarjarisgod said:RGR said:If it is a hit how many of their 2nd production will fly off the assembly line?
100% sure, Jason Jarjar?

#339 11 years ago

Oh, you are a terrible man. lol

good night, ya'll

#340 11 years ago

I do not remember how I got on the list. Sending PM with link to apply.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-playfield-artworked-revealed/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.